Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ruby Granger Part 2

Post by Judymonster »

Studytuber wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:42 am
actualloll wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:08 am
The bed jacket. 'I just love how old-fashioned it is.' Eeeeergh. *shivers* I can't. I can't. Just stop. It's not old fashioned. It looks like you're wearing a four-year-old's coat as a dressing gown.

This is a really weird observation, but did anyone notice when she put her morning playlist or whatever on her phone, you could see the amount of unread emails and notifications she had?? Even calls! She had 88 missed calls! This isn't normal, and certainly doesn't align with the portrait of 'super on it, composed, highly organised and productive' version of herself that she paints. If she was super on it, she'd be more organised when it comes to her inbox. It just goes to show she's created this completely false image of what she's really like.

The calls and texts thing suggests she's not coping well or something, like as if it's too overwhelming to reciprocate communication. Not good.
PSA: Amount of unread calls and texts are at 0:39. Yes, I know it's not a long time into the video and thus probably not worth time-stamping it, however I'm doing it incase anybody can't stand to see the whole video like the last video and that just wants to know/is slightly concerned about her amount of missed calls/ texts. Also her amount of missed texts is 109 (quite concerning tbh).

Also: screenshot taken and down below if you have excruciatingly slow internet or on public wifi that doesn't let you access YouTube and in the unlikely but still possible scenario of Ruby deleting the video so some context can be provided.
I'm SURE girl left this on purpose to show she's actually popular

It seems messed up but I can even bet she accumulated them for the video (or else she would have at least changed that)

slc_chick
Talker
Talker

Post by slc_chick »

With the unread texts, there’s a few possibilities. She might just leave things like texts a about missed calls from marketers/scammers and not open them, because she likes seeing the number there. But the amount of missed call notifications... that means she’s not even going into the phone app to return calls, because the notification disappears as soon as you do.

I’m starting to feel really uneasy about Ruby. She clearly has NO idea what kind of content to produce, evidenced by the fact she’s asking her followers constantly what they want to see. The content she does produce now is sloppy and frankly terrible quality for how long she’s been doing YT. I don’t want to even hint at diagnoses, but I’m very uneasy about her mental health state lately.

sah6994
Learner
Learner

Post by sah6994 »

The unread messages and emails is actually something I can relate to, but this is deeply linked to anxiety - I physically shake when I get a phone call and have to keep my phone on silent - actually working on exposure therapy to set aside time each day to check emails! I am concerned about her, also the hot water bottle thing - I did this a lot when I was struggling with an Eating disorder. It’s not necessarily attributed to weight, but if your body is nourished. The one thing I also found odd was that she claimed to be cold, yet had a cold breakfast and described it as “fresh”. Surely a bowl of porridge or tea to start the day, rather than TWO hot water bottles?

actualloll
Talker
Talker

Post by actualloll »

slc_chick wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:35 pm
With the unread texts, there’s a few possibilities. She might just leave things like texts a about missed calls from marketers/scammers and not open them, because she likes seeing the number there. But the amount of missed call notifications... that means she’s not even going into the phone app to return calls, because the notification disappears as soon as you do.

I’m starting to feel really uneasy about Ruby. She clearly has NO idea what kind of content to produce, evidenced by the fact she’s asking her followers constantly what they want to see. The content she does produce now is sloppy and frankly terrible quality for how long she’s been doing YT. I don’t want to even hint at diagnoses, but I’m very uneasy about her mental health state lately.
I get that a person might do that with emails - and may be a lax about emails in general - but I don't know anyone who keeps dozens of unread texts.

Hadn't even thought about the fact she's not going into the phone app... :? for me this is a big sign of actively isolating.

I feel like ever since she announced her degree change she's waking up to the reality (not the romantic idea) of studying English lit, and it probably is feeling very out of her depth because she's having to break out of her inflexible mindset when it comes to studying/writing for it.

staedtler
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by staedtler »

My friend struggled with an eating disorder and keeping cold all the time was her "thing" to lose weight. She said shivering burns extra calories because your body burns energy to warm up. Cold breakfast, iced coffee in the middle of winter, cold baths and showers were her routine. She also consumed ridiculous amount of coffee, because caffeine shakes = calories burned. She was underdressed ALL THE TIME, claiming to be fine, but was constantly covered in goosebumps.

keliza
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by keliza »

Yeah, the "I am so cold but will eat frozen food and take a cold shower." Huh? I would never get of bed in the winter if I knew I was going to take a cold shower first thing.

I haven't tried watching the new "film" but got hallway through the Instagram video. Oh dear. The worst possible thing to watch in a movie or TV show is someone using their phone. There is a reason shows find ways to show the audience what is happening. Sherlock is a good example. Watching someone tap on their keyboard is not!

jiggy_girl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jiggy_girl »

To be fair to her, it has been BALTIC in the South West recently, we usually don't get this kid of weather till December (I'm from near Exeter), but it's hit us really fast this year, but I don't get her cold breakfast and cold shower 🙄 don't forget though she's been reading those books about anorexia, she knows about all this, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's why she keeps herself cold

hannz16
Debater
Debater

Post by hannz16 »

along with the ED speculations, she said she does 40 sit ups when she wakes up......

actualloll
Talker
Talker

Post by actualloll »

Totally agree with people re: her taking a cold shower being a stupid thing to do if she's complaining about the cold, but I think some are taking it a little too far when it comes to the breakfast. Some people just prefer to eat cold things in the morning, especially if they're more porridgy-liquidy. Unless it's toast I can't eat hot things in the morning...it makes me feel quite sick.

Also can't say that I think she's showing signs of any eating disorder, although admittedly I'm neither knowledgeable or qualified enough to really add to this specific point.

fighead
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fighead »

jiggy_girl wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:54 am
To be fair to her, it has been BALTIC in the South West recently, we usually don't get this kid of weather till December (I'm from near Exeter), but it's hit us really fast this year, but I don't get her cold breakfast and cold shower 🙄 don't forget though she's been reading those books about anorexia, she knows about all this, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's why she keeps herself cold
I did think eating disorder too, with all the cold stuff because when I struggled with eating/body image as a teenager I knew that if you made your body cold, it would use calories to warm itself back up. It's not just one thing - there were lots of weird little habits there. Like downing one glass of water straight off in the morning as if she's trying to fill herself up with fluid to make her less hungry.

staedtler
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by staedtler »

fighead wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:52 pm
jiggy_girl wrote:
I did think eating disorder too, with all the cold stuff because when I struggled with eating/body image as a teenager I knew that if you made your body cold, it would use calories to warm itself back up. It's not just one thing - there were lots of weird little habits there. Like downing one glass of water straight off in the morning as if she's trying to fill herself up with fluid to make her less hungry.
I thought drinking a glass of water when you wake up is just common sense? It has been drilled into me since I was a kid lol

MiaGo
Learner
Learner

Post by MiaGo »

staedtler wrote:
fighead wrote:
jiggy_girl wrote:
To be fair to her, it has been BALTIC in the South West recently, we usually don't get this kid of weather till December (I'm from near Exeter), but it's hit us really fast this year, but I don't get her cold breakfast and cold shower Image don't forget though she's been reading those books about anorexia, she knows about all this, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's why she keeps herself cold
I thought drinking a glass of water when you wake up is just common sense? It has been drilled into me since I was a kid lol

Some people do this purely to wake up and get their metabolism started but it CAN be a way to fill up and suppress hunger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fighead
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fighead »

staedtler wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:49 pm
fighead wrote:
jiggy_girl wrote:
To be fair to her, it has been BALTIC in the South West recently, we usually don't get this kid of weather till December (I'm from near Exeter), but it's hit us really fast this year, but I don't get her cold breakfast and cold shower 🙄 don't forget though she's been reading those books about anorexia, she knows about all this, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's why she keeps herself cold²
Oh really? I've never done this. Like having a drink is one thing, but I've never known it to be a thing where you purposefully drink it down all in one go.

staedtler
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by staedtler »

fighead wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:08 am
staedtler wrote:
fighead wrote:
jiggy_girl wrote:
To be fair to her, it has been BALTIC in the South West recently, we usually don't get this kid of weather till December (I'm from near Exeter), but it's hit us really fast this year, but I don't get her cold breakfast and cold shower 🙄 don't forget though she's been reading those books about anorexia, she knows about all this, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's why she keeps herself cold²
Oh really? I've never done this. Like having a drink is one thing, but I've never known it to be a thing where you purposefully drink it down all in one go.
You're dehydrated after a night's sleep. Y'all, I'm seriously shook. Drink water and plenty of it, my friends.

jiggy_girl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jiggy_girl »

staedtler wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:17 am
fighead wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:08 am
staedtler wrote:
fighead wrote:
jiggy_girl wrote:
You're dehydrated after a night's sleep. Y'all, I'm seriously shook. Drink water and plenty of it, my friends.
Yeah, but not in the way that Ruby (and Holly Gabrielle) down an entire glass in one go, before anything else. It'll fill you up, you should rehydrate, of course, but also eat.

hana17
Stalker
Stalker

Post by hana17 »

"put on my coat because as I've said: it is very cold"
And so you put on trousers not even covering your legs properly... NICE!! Way to go, Smart Girl :tu: *facepalm*
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ammnesia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Ammnesia »

hana17 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:45 am
And so you put on trousers not even covering your legs properly... NICE!! Way to go, Smart Girl :tu: *facepalm*
She's obsessed with those pants

jiggy_girl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jiggy_girl »

hana17 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:45 am
I mean, a lot of people do that
But her sense of fashion is all over the place! Ruby, get yourself some sweaters and knitted jumpers, some leggings and jeans and wrap up, instead of sticking to this weird "vintage" but not vintage style

Judymonster
Talker
Talker

Post by Judymonster »

Ruby: People say I look like their grandmother but I actually would like to look like your grear-grandmother
Her white knights: LOL yass savage queen 😍

actualloll
Talker
Talker

Post by actualloll »

Judymonster wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:08 am
Ruby: People say I look like their grandmother but I actually would like to look like your grear-grandmother
Her white knights: LOL yass savage queen 😍
And yet, she pulls neither the 'grandmother' look or the 'great-grandmother' look off anyway, lol :rofl:

Return to “Ruby Granger”