Re: KathLameLights: Too Lazy to make Excuses -Part 11

Post by herefordacommnts »

mo_2929 wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:19 am
kathleenlightsssss wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:46 am
mo_2929 wrote:
I forgot, does Danny have kids from a previous relationship?
Yes a daughter from some ex girlfriend she's a young teen now I believe?

Thanks!
Do you know the timeline of Kathleen's and Danny's relationship? Like when they started dating, because I know they started dating when she was really young, but when did he have this kid? Was it before they started dating?

Yes! Ive been curious about this, lately

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by 123xyz »

herefordacommnts wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:00 pm
mo_2929 wrote:
mo_2929 wrote:

Thanks!
Do you know the timeline of Kathleen's and Danny's relationship? Like when they started dating, because I know they started dating when she was really young, but when did he have this kid? Was it before they started dating?

They met when Kathleen was 13. He was around 20. They started dating when she was a late teen. I believe 17, as she brought him to her senior prom. It could be 16, though, as the Romeo and Juliet laws in Flordida make the cut off for engaging with a 16 year old 23, which Danny would have been, so their relationship would have been legal if began dating at 16, but I believe 17 was when they started, since she married at 19 and said they were together for 2 years.

Danny had the kid before Kathleen. I believe he was 20 when she was born. The girl is in high school now, she must know KL is her step mom and that her dad is rich, a KL is hugely famous with girls her age. Even if she doesn't watch KL she must have friends that do. I really wonder what is up with the situation, but nothing has ever been said beyond that brief expose a few years ago.

Embraced_34
Talker
Talker

Post by Embraced_34 »

Is it me of she’s stopped talking about Colourpop but suddenly developed this mega love for Elf? Her CC cream review which every other dry skinned person I know hated, she’s so in love with and making excuses for the bad product? It looks heavy, mask like. I don’t like the way she mixed cool tones and warm tones on her eyes (personal preference) - if the first transition shade was more neutral, it would look so much better. Is the desperate for a collab not that Colourpop is no longer asking her to collab weekly. And Elf has commented on her post too but not bothered on other channels. Hmmm. Watch this space...

mo_2929
Learner
Learner

Post by mo_2929 »

123xyz wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:10 pm
herefordacommnts wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:00 pm
mo_2929 wrote:
mo_2929 wrote:

Thanks!

They met when Kathleen was 13. He was around 20. They started dating when she was a late teen. I believe 17, as she brought him to her senior prom. It could be 16, though, as the Romeo and Juliet laws in Flordida make the cut off for engaging with a 16 year old 23, which Danny would have been, so their relationship would have been legal if began dating at 16, but I believe 17 was when they started, since she married at 19 and said they were together for 2 years.

Danny had the kid before Kathleen. I believe he was 20 when she was born. The girl is in high school now, she must know KL is her step mom and that her dad is rich, a KL is hugely famous with girls her age. Even if she doesn't watch KL she must have friends that do. I really wonder what is up with the situation, but nothing has ever been said beyond that brief expose a few years ago.

Thanks! So does Danny not have contact with his kid? Is he in her life? If not that is really shitty of him as a father. It would also be shitty that Kathleen knows her husband has a kid and that he is not involved in her life.

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

^^ She never spoke about the child other than saying that yes, she exists, and that Danny was stil ldealing with court issues over her like child support and stuff. This was all like 5+ years ago, though. There has been no word of her since, and she doesn't show Danny or mention him in her videos because of the child scandal.

Rabidosky69
Informer
Informer

Post by Rabidosky69 »

I think her friend who worked at colourpop left, so now she probably won't have the same relationship with the brand. Maybe she'll do another collab but kinda seems like the friend who left CP has some bad blood with the company so that might be it for Kathleen. I think CP sued the friend and her new business partner for using their CP client relationships in their new business. Maybe someone can explain it better than I did but I'm pretty sure I'm remembering right

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

nattydread

Post by nattydread »

Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:47 am
GUYS GOOOOO fast to her ig stories she dances to "i'm too sexy for my shirt" in all her new Lights Label merch and it's sooo cringe and the clothing looks GAWD AWFUL. Wow! I mean WHO is she paying to design all this stuff her toddler niece Mila? :? :rofl: :roll:

https://lightslabel.com/collections/buenas-vibras

Why does her face remind me of a toad about to flick its long tongue out??!! Ribbet! Ribbet!

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by kathleenlightsssss »

123xyz wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:10 pm

I think they married when Kat was 18? But 2 months later she turned 19... as they wed in November (few months before her bday.. I think?) They celebrated 10 years last november already.. according to Danny's ig.. :o

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Rabidosky69 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:14 pm
I think her friend who worked at colourpop left, so now she probably won't have the same relationship with the brand. Maybe she'll do another collab but kinda seems like the friend who left CP has some bad blood with the company so that might be it for Kathleen. I think CP sued the friend and her new business partner for using their CP client relationships in their new business. Maybe someone can explain it better than I did but I'm pretty sure I'm remembering right
Oh right that's why Kathleen is contantly repping that insertnamehere hair extensions brand- it's by Jordan her ex Colourpop BFF :tu:

mo_2929
Learner
Learner

Post by mo_2929 »

Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:45 am
Rabidosky69 wrote:
Oh right that's why Kathleen is contantly repping that insertnamehere hair extensions brand- it's by Jordan her ex Colourpop BFF :tu:

Oooooo I didn't know any of this, thanks for the info!

Cali Flob
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by Cali Flob »

mo_2929 wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:51 am
Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:45 am
Rabidosky69 wrote:

Oooooo I didn't know any of this, thanks for the info!

YOU'RE RIGHT!
I was just on CP, and thought about her lack of mentioning CP lately.

I think KL is, again, bending over backwards to please her "loved" ones rather than using her brain. Jordan is her friend, but shit business is business and CP helped KL build her empire not Jordan.

Kathleen is just so dumb, if she had a spine her youtune channel and businesses would not be dying.

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

The only thing Kathleen reps is family & friends.. I also think she has a stake in her bf's Alamar Cosmetics line as well as her tacky sister's Xio 'jewelry' line..

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

Can you imagine how much more successful she would have been if she choose good business endeavors and partners, instead of only family and friends that she doesn't know how to say no to.

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

123xyz wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:00 am
Can you imagine how much more successful she would have been if she choose good business endeavors and partners, instead of only family and friends that she doesn't know how to say no to.
The sad thing is she thinks they ARE good business ventures :oops: :shock:

Remember her cringe Cafecito show? :lol: Who in hell's idea was that? And if you look on her channel now, more than half of those videos (if not almost all of them) are long gone...

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Also speaking of judgement.. she is currently, still to this day, trying to remove tattoos she regretted (her foot and wrist) only to add on a butterfly and grl pwr ? Talk about regret! :roll:

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

^^ those look like those temporary tattoo stickers you get out of a gumball machine.
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

fizzwizz12 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:22 am
^^ those look like those temporary tattoo stickers you get out of a gumball machine.
:rofl:

Chiyou
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Chiyou »

123xyz wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:00 am
Spoken like a true long-time fan of Jaclyn Hill. Do you guys remember when Kathleen first started Youtube how she'd used to gush about how much she loved Jaclyn and that she would buy anything that Jaclyn recommended?

Well, it seems like Kathleen is also following Jaclyn's footsteps in terms of how to run her businesses. Hiring friends and family only instead of actual competent business people.

numnum
Stalker
Stalker
Been thanked: 0

Post by numnum »

Chiyou wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:18 am
getinitgucci wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:49 am
kathleenlightsssss wrote:She just posted on her IG stories "accountability" go watch. She saved it as a highlight too...
“I want everyone to see this”. Only shared it on a platform that has half the reach her youtube does. Girl. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just watched her IG story on accountability, and honestly, I doubt that she would've said something if the indie nail polish community hasn't been calling for boycotting Lights Lacquer lately. That's the whole catalyst for the story. 100% positive about that. She's been perfectly happy for the past 2 years (?) sweeping it under the rug and I'm sure she would've continued to do so if it weren't for potential loss of her business.

Her story would've had more weight if she, as a brand owner, said what ACTIONS she was going to take to make up for it. Ok, so you say you're educating yourself, but what do you have to show for it? How are you going to contribute to change? As a brand owner, she has avenues to give the black community more opportunities. She can feature more black models on her brand pages. A brief scan of both Lights Lacquer and Lights Label IG pages show that black models are few and far in between for both brands. She can do a nail polish release collab with a black IG nail influencer (I guess that's what they're called?). She can hire black people to be on her team. Honestly, I'm not sure if she has any.

I know Kathleen is hispanic, so no doubt her team is also largely hispanic and I guess that counts for something. Kathleen may be a POC, but she has the privilege of being a LIGHT-SKINNED POC, and if you don't think that also gives her an advantage over her darker-skinned hispanic content creators/influencers, then sorry, I don't know what to tell you.

At the end of the day, I still think she's saying sorry for the sake of being sorry. She's sorry for getting caught. She's not sorry for having said the word.
Is she really a POC? Isn't she a white Cuban (ancestors from Spain)?

Anyway how is Lights Lacquer? Surprisingly I see way more positive reviews compared to Holo Taco. Reviews I've seen from people who've tried both prefer the former.

Return to “KathleenLights”