Sarah Rae Vargas Part 2

Re: Sarah Rae Vargas Part 2

Post by Guest »

SavoyTruffle wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:38 pm
I don’t know why there are people here defending her. She was an adult (20 years old) and saying the N word is a big no no. I am a year younger than Sarah, and never in my life have I ever used that word and never will. That word should never be used, especially us, who aren’t black. There have been people in my life who have unfortunately used that word casually whom I’ve scolded and told off. Never acceptable, I don’t care is she has dated black men, has biracial kids, and black friends, those aren’t good excuses.

We live in a world right now where cancel culture is popular and she was well aware of those 10 year old videos but just decided to delete them when she got caught. Obviously she was ok with them before, her crocodile tears don’t mean anything. If anything, she deserves this for being stupid and not deleting them as soon as she started getting popular. She gets no empathy from me.
I'm pretty sure she just forgot about videos that were TEN YEARS OLD. Y'all really have no understanding of context. Unfortunately, some people grow up hearing and seeing bad things, but think they're okay because everyone else does it so casually. 20 years old is still very young, despite being an adult. Not everyone grows up with positive role models who teach them morality. Sarah clearly had a rough childhood from what she's shared. This isn't an excuse for her. If these were recent videos, then I would see the problem. But she's clearly grown a ton and deserves grace just as much as everyone else.
I have my issues with youtubers, too, including Sarah. but y'all act like these people are rapists and murderers. as if y'all are saints. she's human. she was ignorant. she's learned more about the world as she grew up. move on.

rebeez
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by rebeez »

rdt1004 wrote:“I have black children, I have a black boyfriend. Obviously I’m not racist.” That literally doesn’t mean anything. Lots of biracial kids walking around out there with passive racist mothers who like to date black men and shit on black women like they’re better than them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was sooooo cringey. Her comments are even worse, a bunch of white people telling her that people on the internet are too sensitive and “everyone talked like that 10 years ago”

Someone commented “girl the only think you like white is your coffee!”

These people....

BeautyBitch07
Talker
Talker

Post by BeautyBitch07 »

tchock92 wrote:Wow, she didn’t just use the n word she used the hard R. If these videos go private we know she reads here.
I just tried to watch it and it’s mysteriously unavailable.
Guess that addresses your assumption that she reads here!

I told you I’ll be ready in 5 minutes, stop calling me every half hour.
:FU:

SavoyTruffle
Debater
Debater

Post by SavoyTruffle »

simplelife wrote:
SavoyTruffle wrote: I don’t know why there are people here defending her. She was an adult (20 years old) and saying the N word is a big no no. I am a year younger than Sarah, and never in my life have I ever used that word and never will. That word should never be used, especially us, who aren’t black. There have been people in my life who have unfortunately used that word casually whom I’ve scolded and told off. Never acceptable, I don’t care is she has dated black men, has biracial kids, and black friends, those aren’t good excuses.

We live in a world right now where cancel culture is popular and she was well aware of those 10 year old videos but just decided to delete them when she got caught. Obviously she was ok with them before, her crocodile tears don’t mean anything. If anything, she deserves this for being stupid and not deleting them as soon as she started getting popular. She gets no empathy from me.
I'm pretty sure she just forgot about videos that were TEN YEARS OLD. Y'all really have no understanding of context. Unfortunately, some people grow up hearing and seeing bad things, but think they're okay because everyone else does it so casually. 20 years old is still very young, despite being an adult. Not everyone grows up with positive role models who teach them morality. Sarah clearly had a rough childhood from what she's shared. This isn't an excuse for her. If these were recent videos, then I would see the problem. But she's clearly grown a ton and deserves grace just as much as everyone else.
I have my issues with youtubers, too, including Sarah. but y'all act like these people are rapists and murderers. as if y'all are saints. she's human. she was ignorant. she's learned more about the world as she grew up. move on.

I didn’t have a good childhood either, I didn’t have any good role models. Why even make such an assumption about me? Still, that isn’t a good excuse to say the N word. No she isn’t the worst person in the world but being a public figure comes with consequences doesn’t matter if something you said or did is 10 years old. Do you also defend the other youtubers that have said horrible things years ago like Jeffree Star, Laura Lee, etc?

All you people defending her are probably projecting and have said terrible crap in your past.

cutiebaby
Learner
Learner

Post by cutiebaby »

rebeez wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:00 pm
She randomly brought up her brother coming home from Iraq knowing it had NOTHING to do with the video ImageImageImageImage

i know!! that was SO DAMN CONFUSING. i was like huh????? you went out to the club and drank, ok. i'm not following? why are you crying about that but not the fact that you said the n word? also, friendly reminder to all the people in the comments telling her it's ok and they forgive her, your words have no weight if you are not black. i am white and i know I cannot pardon someone for using that word. i just can't.

while i don't think her career needs to crash and burn for this, i DO think this will be a humbling experience for her and maybe bring her back down to earth. she is waaayyyy too high and mighty, maybe she will chill out a bit.

Post by Guest »

SavoyTruffle wrote:
simplelife wrote:
SavoyTruffle wrote: I don’t know why there are people here defending her. She was an adult (20 years old) and saying the N word is a big no no. I am a year younger than Sarah, and never in my life have I ever used that word and never will. That word should never be used, especially us, who aren’t black. There have been people in my life who have unfortunately used that word casually whom I’ve scolded and told off. Never acceptable, I don’t care is she has dated black men, has biracial kids, and black friends, those aren’t good excuses.

I didn’t have a good childhood either, I didn’t have any good role models. Why even make such an assumption about me? Still, that isn’t a good excuse to say the N word. No she isn’t the worst person in the world but being a public figure comes with consequences doesn’t matter if something you said or did is 10 years old. Do you also defend the other youtubers that have said horrible things years ago like Jeffree Star, Laura Lee, etc?

All you people defending her are probably projecting and have said terrible crap in your past.
first of all, I've never used the n word. or made homophobic comments. I just understand the concept of grace.
I don't have opinions on those other youtubers because I don't know enough about them. If what they did was from the past and it was obvious they don't behave that way anymore, then yes they deserve forgiveness. There's no excuse for these things. however, the past is forgivable if they have already learned about these issues.
I didn't assume you had a good childhood, that's far too subjective. It's just obvious that you learned about this topic within morality, however you did learn it. I just meant that unfortunately, not everyone did learn that so young. She's obviously learned since then that these words and comments are wrong. How can you claim you want people to learn to be more sensitive and understanding yet refuse to accept people who have learned?
I'm in no way defending her actions from the past. They are wrong. I just am capable of seeing an entire person and not just a clip from the past.

tchock92
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tchock92 »

Yeah, she should have just made an account here and apologized here because her viewers don’t know what the fuck she’s talking about. Sure she described it, but it’s not the same.

Givemethedonut
Informer
Informer

Post by Givemethedonut »

simplelife wrote:

Sarah, what are you doin in here?!

curlyredhairedgirl
Debater
Debater

Post by curlyredhairedgirl »

How do you know she's "grown a ton"? Because she doesn't say that word on camera anymore? She also claims she couldn't possibly be racist because she dates black men and has biracial babies. Wrong. She could have easily deleted the videos and left well enough alone because her followers have no clue what she's talking about. I had a point and now I've lost it 😂😂

rdt1004
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by rdt1004 »

And not only was it just her saying the n word in that one video. There was also a video of her saying black men with dreads stink and laughing repeatedly as Da’Vi called black women bitches. Quite a pattern for someone whose “not racist” I remember when she would make videos talking about how Da’Vi’s female family members and how they weren’t falling all over themselves to be cool with her or her comments about how black women are the ones she gets the most flack from because she dates black men like we’re all just jealous of her. I peeped this streak in Sarah a long time ago, it’s just finally coming to light.

lela78
Learner
Learner

Post by lela78 »

I don’t think this is something she should be crucified for. However, I don’t believe that this was a video she just forgot about. I remember a vlog and not sure exactly which one, but she was watching a video she made from that old channel. It was something where she was doing a speech. So she knew those videos were there. I personally think she thought that shit was cute until she got called out on this forum.

ghostbb
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ghostbb »

lela78 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:46 pm
I don’t think this is something she should be crucified for. However, I don’t believe that this was a video she just forgot about. I remember a vlog and not sure exactly which one, but she was watching a video she made from that old channel. It was something where she was doing a speech. So she knew those videos were there. I personally think she thought that shit was cute until she got called out on this forum.
Her elevator pitch video!

Edit: just wanted to say - if you think that she thought saying the n word and making mean jokes was "cute," why do you think we shouldn't be upset with her? That perspective makes what she did even worse!

green_eyez19
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by green_eyez19 »

simplelife wrote:

Nah Nah Nah . She thought this was cute . She's so pathetic trying to show that she's "down with the brothers". It was all cute until shit hit the fan. So she deserves a reality check and wake up call. She was 20 and not 12 and even a 12 yo with common sense know not to act like this. These videos prove to me she's trailer trash with no home training.
She is only apologizing because she's terrified it might hurt her pockets.
Also I hate hate hate that narrative of "I can't be racist I have black kids and date black men" Girl degrade black women all the time and the fact that you only date black men doesn't mean diddly squat. I know plenty of chicks like her"

Black-Coffee
Informer
Informer

Post by Black-Coffee »

So, I'm not going to comment on the racist/homophobic theme as I'm neither black (although not white either) nor gay, and racial issues are a bit dimmer across the pond. I know in the US these things are a bit more explosive, and if previous blast from the past instances ruined some youtubers (must admit I don't follow any), at that time she should have checked if there was anything like this to her name. She's either dumb or too self-absorved to think those videos with her full name and face would stay forgotten. I'm Sarah's age, owned several blogs, and managed to not post racist shit online, so it's not only technology these days. That being said, I was an idiot at 20 and I'm happy those days are gone.

...I will however comment on her elevator pitch video! Did anyone else see it? She was trying so hard to use all the big words she knew :rofl: Also, is it normal to use "experience as a mom" on unrelated job interviews?

Post by Guest »

What is with the weird racial identity games she is playing with those kids? She calls them black in her apology, not mixed, not half black. They're about as black as Mariah Carey or Rashida Jones...in other words, white/other passing for the most part. On the other hand the kids look Hispanic but SRV does not speak Spanish to them, even though being native bilingual would be tremendously beneficial to them throughout life. It's like they are the Rachel Dolezal household where SRV wants to will everyone, including herself, to be black. I wonder if braiding Jaden's hair and shaving patterns in the side is an attempt to show his black side? In his suburban town he is probably perceived as the white kid with a crazy ass mullet. And she treats Nahla like she has a full-on afro. Just let them be cute little beige kids.

green_eyez19
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by green_eyez19 »

Lolanyc_73 wrote: What is with the weird racial identity games she is playing with those kids? She calls them black in her apology, not mixed, not half black. They're about as black as Mariah Carey or Rashida Jones...in other words, white/other passing for the most part. On the other hand the kids look Hispanic but SRV does not speak Spanish to them, even though being native bilingual would be tremendously beneficial to them throughout life. It's like they are the Rachel Dolezal household where SRV wants to will everyone, including herself, to be black. I wonder if braiding Jaden's hair and shaving patterns in the side is an attempt to show his black side? In his suburban town he is probably perceived as the white kid with a crazy ass mullet. And she treats Nahla like she has a full-on afro. Just let them be cute little beige kids.
I think it's amazing how genetics work. If you didn't know their father was black you would never guess. If anything they look hispanic. Nahla has maybe 3b curls at the most. I'm a 3a/b and I'm 3/4 white so that's a very common hair structure. She is going all out trying to prove they're all so ethnic when they look plain white. Also I've never seen them embrace their African American side culture wise unless it comes to those crazy ass hairstyles which to be honest I barely ever see on regular black people. That's some hood type of stuff.
I cannot take her seriously. The "apology" made it worse because it's evident she's sorry she got caught and not that she said those things. I don't doubt that she feels it isn't that much of a big deal and in private she'll shrug it off.
I'm not surprised in the least. In the words of the great Maya Angelou "If someone shows you who they are, believe them".
Also I think she 100% reads here because she said she was made aware of those videos in the comment section on Youtube and there is not one comment about them in the last 3 videos.

Black-Coffee
Informer
Informer

Post by Black-Coffee »

To all of you saying "I think she reads here", OF COURSE SHE DOES. If you knew of a website that commented on your life wouldn't you check it frequently? It's not like GG is a niche forum, I found it through a basic Google search for another idiotic youtuber...

Besides, people on the comment section that mention the kid's weight means us, no-one really discusses the kids there or they'd be attacked.

And yes, Nahla's hair is simply curly (and it doesn't even look dry!!) and it's so comical that instead of taking advantage of that to make cute hairstyles, she braids it like it's the tightest afro in the world. Poor girl sleeps with the same stupid hairdo for days on end!

lela78
Learner
Learner

Post by lela78 »

It’s disappointing to see her subscribers so far up her ass. Like they know her. You only see 30 minute snippets of her. She doesn’t care about you people! She cares about her pockets and collecting those checks. I’m not saying she is racist or homophobic but she needs to called out on her bs instead of just dismissing it as it was a different time back then. Ummm, no it wasn’t. When was it ever cool to say the N word? Black women on there talking about they love her and watching her vlogs helped get them through tough times? How ladies? Like I said before, she shouldn’t be crucified for this, but nothing wrong with calling someone out instead of kissing their ass. As a black woman myself, I thought what she said was pretty disgusting and trashy.

Black-Coffee
Informer
Informer

Post by Black-Coffee »

Just watched her apology video. The brother returning from Iraq bit was totally out of place but I get it, girl needed some tears.
Now, when she vomited the this is not about baby wipes or paper plates I cracked up :rofl: if she had simply logged in here it would have been easier, now her stans are just as confused as if the sky just turned green! The comment section of that video is quite funny...

Sarah, love, we were all stupid at age 20. But at age 30 we don't look over an old channel and leave that kind of videos online, ok? That's the biggest issue here, that not too long ago you realised they were online and did nothing about it.
Another thing, no-one wants to take your sponsors away, but since we're here, it's not the brand that runs small, it's you that don't fit in a size 16. Just because it zips, doesn't mean it fits.
Now go have a "coffee" to warm up your soul and don't forget to call us by name next time :tu:

Allaboutthetea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Allaboutthetea »

Lolanyc_73 wrote:What is with the weird racial identity games she is playing with those kids? She calls them black in her apology, not mixed, not half black. They're about as black as Mariah Carey or Rashida Jones...in other words, white/other passing for the most part. On the other hand the kids look Hispanic but SRV does not speak Spanish to them, even though being native bilingual would be tremendously beneficial to them throughout life. It's like they are the Rachel Dolezal household where SRV wants to will everyone, including herself, to be black. I wonder if braiding Jaden's hair and shaving patterns in the side is an attempt to show his black side? In his suburban town he is probably perceived as the white kid with a crazy ass mullet. And she treats Nahla like she has a full-on afro. Just let them be cute little beige kids.
I’m 100% white and so is my daughter and we both have curlier hair than Nahla does. I cringe every time I see Sarah loading so much product in the kids hair and making them sleep in it for who knows how long.

Return to “Sarah Rae Vargas”