Olivia Jade: Rowing Her Way to the Big House (Pt. 3)

summerday
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Re: Olivia Jade: Rowing Her Way to the Big House (Pt. 3)

Post by summerday »

Another parent has been sentenced. This woman's family got rich from inventing Hot Pockets...She got 5 months in prison, $250,000 fine, and 2 yrs probation.

She paid $50K to cheat on both her daughters ACT's and agreed to pay a $200K bribe to get her daughter into USC, but was arrested before she could make the entire payment.

A tennis coach at University of Texas who accepted $100K in bribes was sentenced to 6 months in prison.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/02/25/us/m ... ssion=true

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by gossipy locks »

I wonder where that fine money goes? Who is it paid to, what is it used for, etc? These people have so much money, I'm not sure monetary fines make sense unless they're used for very specific purposes like creating scholarship funds.

ariesenergy
Learner
Learner

Post by ariesenergy »

gossipy locks wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:17 pm
I wonder where that fine money goes? Who is it paid to, what is it used for, etc? These people have so much money, I'm not sure monetary fines make sense unless they're used for very specific purposes like creating scholarship funds.
Goes to the government lol

ariesenergy
Learner
Learner

Post by ariesenergy »

The amount of money her parents are spending on lawyer's fees must be astronomical... I wonder if they'll get off.

Too Much
Learner
Learner

Post by Too Much »

summerday wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:18 pm
Another parent has been sentenced. This woman's family got rich from inventing Hot Pockets...
Gretchen Weiners' family?

summerday
Informer
Informer

Post by summerday »

I don't think her father, the inventor of Hot Pockets, would be too pleased about this. Lol

So far, no one is getting away with this, how can Lori and Mossimo think that they'll be the one family to get off scott free when everyone else is being punished? They're delusional.

PeachFlavoredFanta
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by PeachFlavoredFanta »

That part ^^^ they must be still watching closely at these results

ariesenergy
Learner
Learner

Post by ariesenergy »

No one whose plead not guilty has had a trial yet right?

summerday
Informer
Informer

Post by summerday »

ariesenergy wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:27 pm
No one whose plead not guilty has had a trial yet right?
I'm pretty sure that only 2 families plead not guilty. Lori and Mossimo and one other father.

Xoxogabby
Debater
Debater

Post by Xoxogabby »

i hate them. Lori and moss constantly wanting to post pone the trial to make things go in their favor.

Would this really get Lori and moss off the hook?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ariesenergy
Learner
Learner

Post by ariesenergy »

Xoxogabby wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:45 pm
i hate them. Lori and moss constantly wanting to post pone the trial to make things go in their favor.

If it meets the Brady requirements I think.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brady_disclosure

Gossiplover1999
Debater
Debater

Post by Gossiplover1999 »

ariesenergy wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:40 pm
Xoxogabby wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:45 pm

If it meets the Brady requirements I think.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brady_disclosure
I feel like it wouldn’t meet the requirements due to all of the other info they have such as the resume, putting the money off to a fake charity as a tax deduction, the photos of them on rowing machines.

summerday
Informer
Informer

Post by summerday »

I’m pretty sure that attempting to delay the start of the trial by grasping at straws anywhere they can is standard procedure when someone pleads not guilty. The reason is that as more time goes by, it’s more likely that things will go wrong for the prosecution. For instance, the DA might not be re-elected and the new DA may shelve the case or decline to prosecute. Investigators working on the case may be promoted or may retire and the person taking over may not have a good understanding of the case. Witnesses might move away or their memory can fade making their testimony inconsistent…evidence can get lost etc. So delaying the start of the trial as much as possible increases the chances for a not-guilty verdict.

Maybe if anyone here is a lawyer or in law school they can confirm?

I just hope that stalling doesn't work for Lori. I wish we knew how many cases they have to go through before they get to Lori and Mossimo.

TheLoneStranger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheLoneStranger »

summerday wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:13 pm
I’m pretty sure that attempting to delay the start of the trial by grasping at straws anywhere they can is standard procedure when someone pleads not guilty. The reason is that as more time goes by, it’s more likely that things will go wrong for the prosecution. For instance, the DA might not be re-elected and the new DA may shelve the case or decline to prosecute. Investigators working on the case may be promoted or may retire and the person taking over may not have a good understanding of the case. Witnesses might move away or their memory can fade making their testimony inconsistent…evidence can get lost etc. So delaying the start of the trial as much as possible increases the chances for a not-guilty verdict.

Maybe if anyone here is a lawyer or in law school they can confirm?

I just hope that stalling doesn't work for Lori. I wish we knew how many cases they have to go through before they get to Lori and Mossimo.
Definitely not a lawyer but I agree with you. Is "the FBI were being mean to the man who facilitated our federal crime!", even a defense lol?

My mom yelled at us as kids when we lied about our misdeeds, but shouting "Mom's mean!" never saved us from punishment. They aren't even claiming that the FBI forced him to lie, just that they "yelled" when Singer lied to them?

I'd raise my voice too if Singer agreed to be a cooperating witness, then started insisting his most powerful/influential clients didn't know what they did was wrong...despite mountains of evidence indicating that they turned down a legitimate "buy-in" from the college, for a budget bribe through Singer.

If they thought it was a legitimate donation/entrance scheme, a high school guidance counselor's call to report a false application would have been no concern to them. Yet that is not what happened. People who make legitimate donations don't need false resumes, because the school openly accepted money in lieu of credentials. These fools were actively trying to silence anyone who realized this. Have fun in prison Lori ;)

pinkcoconuts
Talker
Talker

Post by pinkcoconuts »

We have a court date!!

The parents will be tried in two groups, first group is going October 5th, second group in January 2021. The Gianullis are being tried with the first group, October 5th in Boston federal court. Jury selection is beginning on September 28 and the trial should last about 4 weeks and is expected to finish before Thanksgiving. Also I'm not sure if this judge (US District Judge Nathaniel Gorton) is the one on the trial but he has been speaking a lot about it.

summerday
Informer
Informer

Post by summerday »

TheLoneStranger wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:56 pm

Definitely not a lawyer but I agree with you. Is "the FBI were being mean to the man who facilitated our federal crime!", even a defense lol?

My mom yelled at us as kids when we lied about our misdeeds, but shouting "Mom's mean!" never saved us from punishment. They aren't even claiming that the FBI forced him to lie, just that they "yelled" when Singer lied to them?

I'd raise my voice too if Singer agreed to be a cooperating witness, then started insisting his most powerful/influential clients didn't know what they did was wrong...despite mountains of evidence indicating that they turned down a legitimate "buy-in" from the college, for a budget bribe through Singer.

If they thought it was a legitimate donation/entrance scheme, a high school guidance counselor's call to report a false application would have been no concern to them. Yet that is not what happened. People who make legitimate donations don't need false resumes, because the school openly accepted money in lieu of credentials. These fools were actively trying to silence anyone who realized this. Have fun in prison Lori ;)
Right?! The police can yell at you, lie to you, swear at you...they don't have to be nice...

Pretty sure the only time they can't yell/swear is if they're questioning a minor.
pinkcoconuts wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:52 pm
We have a court date!!

The parents will be tried in two groups, first group is going October 5th, second group in January 2021. The Gianullis are being tried with the first group, October 5th in Boston federal court. Jury selection is beginning on September 28 and the trial should last about 4 weeks and is expected to finish before Thanksgiving. Also I'm not sure if this judge (US District Judge Nathaniel Gorton) is the one on the trial but he has been speaking a lot about it.
Oh SNAP! Shit just got real! Is Olivia really going to have to testify against her parents? Damn, she must be dying.

They're being tried in groups? How can Lori and Mossimo be found not guilty...wouldn't most of the other parents in their group need to be found not guilty too? That really lowers their chances of a not guilty verdict imo. Yikes, it's not looking too good for Lori...

15 parents plead not guilty, not two like I said. (Sowwy)

Gossiplover1999
Debater
Debater

Post by Gossiplover1999 »

I feel like Olivia needs to go back to being silent on social media. Posting about fancy bathrooms or her nails is making her look insensitive to what’s happening.

pinkcoconuts
Talker
Talker

Post by pinkcoconuts »

summerday wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:32 am
TheLoneStranger wrote:

Right?! The police can yell at you, lie to you, swear at you...they don't have to be nice...

Pretty sure the only time they can't yell/swear is if they're questioning a minor.
pinkcoconuts wrote:
We have a court date!!

Oh SNAP! Shit just got real! Is Olivia really going to have to testify against her parents? Damn, she must be dying.

They're being tried in groups? How can Lori and Mossimo be found not guilty...wouldn't most of the other parents in their group need to be found not guilty too? That really lowers their chances of a not guilty verdict imo. Yikes, it's not looking too good for Lori...

Not really tried in two groups just two groups set at two court dates haha sorry about the wording.

summerday
Informer
Informer

Post by summerday »

pinkcoconuts wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:58 pm
summerday wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:32 am
TheLoneStranger wrote:

pinkcoconuts wrote:
We have a court date!!

Not really tried in two groups just two groups set at two court dates haha sorry about the wording.
Haha ok I get what you mean.

pinkcoconuts
Talker
Talker

Post by pinkcoconuts »

Gurugossiping wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:52 pm
This may be a dumb question, but did Olivia and Bella pose on a crew machine or were their pictures just photoshopped on there? If they posed, I don't understand how they can pretend they didn't know what they were doing and that they just thought this was a bribe
They actually posed unlike a lot of other kids so I really don't know what they're trying to do. Maybe plead insanity?

Return to “Olivia Jade”