Olivia Jade: Rowing Her Way to the Big House (Pt. 3)

prettyglass
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Olivia Jade: Rowing Her Way to the Big House (Pt. 3)

Post by prettyglass »

Gurugossiping wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:14 am
they ruined their whole lives. even if they dont go to jail, they'll never have a career again--especially lori. everyone hates them
I think the husband will be fine because he was behind the scenes anyway. Tbh, I don’t think most rich business people give a fuck about other rich business people paying their way, they’re probably doing the same thing just hiding it better.

I doubt Lori’s career (did she have much of a career anyway?) will recover. I also don’t think Olivia has much of a chance either. She’s fine at the minute because she has control over her social media profiles and is limiting the comments but as soon as she tries to branch out and work with other companies, if they’d even risk it, there’ll be thousands of comments sent their way.

Xoxogabby
Debater
Debater

Post by Xoxogabby »

God I hope they get blasted in court. They lied about so damn much. Maybe they should’ve raised Olivia to be a hard worker, but instead they raised a spoiled brat :rofl: here’s the document of her rowing accomplishments she (whoever they paid) listed on her college app

https://dam.tmz.com/document/4b/o/2020/ ... 4467d9.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

yoyoyo1
Learner
Learner

Post by yoyoyo1 »

In a way, I'm still jealous of Lori Loughlin. Her life is hardly "ruined". She still looks good and has millions in the bank, even after this scandal. She'll probably go to prison for a few months but it won't be the end of the world.

Think about it. She's 56. She's had a nice chill life that she lived to the fullest acting in low-key Hallmark movies for millions of dollars and modeling. Millions of girls would kill for that.

If this happened when she was 23 and had only had a few films under her belt, it'd be a different story. Also unrelated, I'm 23 and I wish I knew what to do with my life, but the next 30 + years getting paid millions to act in movies doesn't sound bad. Even if she destroyed everything she had, she still did far better than most people in life if that makes sense. And I'm sure eventually she'll come out with a teary eyed public speech, do community service, and be forgiven/forgotten to retire in peace.

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

yoyoyo1 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:38 am
In a way, I'm still jealous of Lori Loughlin. Her life is hardly "ruined". She still looks good and has millions in the bank, even after this scandal. She'll probably go to prison for a few months but it won't be the end of the world.

Think about it. She's 56. She's had a nice chill life that she lived to the fullest acting in low-key Hallmark movies for millions of dollars and modeling. Millions of girls would kill for that.

If this happened when she was 23 and had only had a few films under her belt, it'd be a different story. Also unrelated, I'm 23 and I wish I knew what to do with my life, but the next 30 + years getting paid millions to act in movies doesn't sound bad. Even if she destroyed everything she had, she still did far better than most people in life if that makes sense. And I'm sure eventually she'll come out with a teary eyed public speech, do community service, and be forgiven/forgotten to retire in peace.
You have to remember that she has different values and motivations than you. She’s very image conscious, shallow and concerned with being accepted by the rich and powerful. It’s those motivations that got her in this mess in the first place, because she needed her kids to be going to USC and didn’t care if they weren’t capable or even interested in it themselves. She is an elitist who couldn’t accept the types of schools they were qualified for, and having her kids not go to college at all would’ve been even more embarrassing to her. This kind of humiliation is way more devastating to someone like that. She’s not only (likely) going to jail—she was also exposed for 1. raising kids who couldn’t get into a good school and 2. being too poor or too cheap to use her & her husband’s wealth and influence to get them in legally. That sits there as the elephant in the room when handling all the rich and powerful people she’s always wanted to impress. She’s one of those short sighted and status oriented people who can’t be grateful for what she has. She only cares about what others have that she doesn’t.

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gossipy locks »

milanese15 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:14 am
yoyoyo1 wrote:

You have to remember that she has different values and motivations than you. She’s very image conscious, shallow and concerned with being accepted by the rich and powerful. It’s those motivations that got her in this mess in the first place, because she needed her kids to be going to USC and didn’t care if they weren’t capable or even interested in it themselves. She is an elitist who couldn’t accept the types of schools they were qualified for, and having her kids not go to college at all would’ve been even more embarrassing to her. This kind of humiliation is way more devastating to someone like that. She’s not only (likely) going to jail—she was also exposed for 1. raising kids who couldn’t get into a good school and 2. being too poor or too cheap to use her & her husband’s wealth and influence to get them in legally. That sits there as the elephant in the room when handling all the rich and powerful people she’s always wanted to impress. She’s one of those short sighted and status oriented people who can’t be grateful for what she has. She only cares about what others have that she doesn’t.
This part of your statement is my favorite part of this whole scandal. They were too cheap and arrogant to bribe USC in the normally accepted way. How embarrassing for them! And now, because they felt entitled and had to find a way around that system, they've had to pay far more than a normal donation would have cost them (between what they paid Singer and now their legal fees) AND their girls are out of USC, Lori and Moss's own careers are ruined and they will both likely spend some time in PRISON. They should've just made the donations to USC in the first place

yoyoyo1
Learner
Learner

Post by yoyoyo1 »

milanese15 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:14 am
yoyoyo1 wrote:

I appreciate your statement and agree with you 100%!! However, we also have to consider that Lori is one of hundreds of other parents in the scandal, yet Lori is getting all the heat and bad press coverage. That alone shows that other people were jealous of her and wanted her life.
The fascination of this case is a beautiful, successful, thin woman's fall from grace.
No one cares about the other parents in the scandal that are overweight, middle aged business owners. Because no one was jealous of them or aspiring to be like them before.

But when it's a glamorous actress who was famous for 30 years, (who lots of girls want to be like) people want to bring her down because they were jealous of her in the first place for being pretty, successful, and skinny. So in a weird way, the haters are her biggest fans. They say "shame on her" and that they're upset about the kids not getting spots, but let's be honest, this is more about people being sadists than people caring about moral ethics.

AlexVause
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AlexVause »

Lol, it's not about her being skinny. It's about her not admitting she did anything wrong.
Felicity is thin and successful and she admitted her guilt and people have forgiven her.
Let's not play the whole poor thin woman is targeted because of her success.

UseMyCode
Informer
Informer

Post by UseMyCode »

it's also despicable that they got a tax writeoff for their fake donation that they knew was fake. so they cheated their community/the state of California out of taxes on the amount that they paid to Singer, the judge isn't going to like that.
also the college admission scandal in general attacked the whole institution of college admissions and confirmed that rich people could buy and scam their way into college with no merit. hopefully the book will be thrown at them since they're big names.

And they aren't strapped for cash because Mossimo has a very successful golf brand called GFore which is under Peter Millar brand (if you're familiar with dad fashion lol) so he's still making a bunch of money

Chilli
Learner
Learner

Post by Chilli »

yoyoyo1 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:40 pm
The fascination of this case is a beautiful, successful, thin woman's fall from grace.
No one cares about the other parents in the scandal that are overweight, middle aged business owners. Because no one was jealous of them or aspiring to be like them before.

But when it's a glamorous actress who was famous for 30 years, (who lots of girls want to be like) people want to bring her down because they were jealous of her in the first place for being pretty, successful, and skinny. So in a weird way, the haters are her biggest fans. They say "shame on her" and that they're upset about the kids not getting spots, but let's be honest, this is more about people being sadists than people caring about moral ethics.
Did.. did you...did you just accused us of being jealous of LL? Lol honey, if Lizzo or Rebel Wilson cheated their kids' way to college, I'd be just as pissed. Coz clearly, THIS ISNT ABOUT PEOPLE BEING JEALOUS OF HER. This is about white-collar crime that the rich & famous are used to getting away with! Dont you get it?!

Screw wealth, beauty & skinniness. I'm in a place at my life where I couldnt care less about one's look and financial wealth. I value people based on their kindness and integrity. To me, you're nothing if you're a dishonest, greedy & unethical human being; regardless of how you look nor the car you drive.

So in this case, yeah I DO CARE about moral ethics. I fucking do. But not sure if you'd understand this...

PeachFlavoredFanta
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by PeachFlavoredFanta »

Omg please stop. Lori Laughlin isn’t a glamorous actress, she’s known for full house and literally everything after have been cheesy romantic comedies. She’s hardly in the ranks of Margo Robbie or julia Roberts ir whatever. And obviously we’re going to
Follow this case more closely than others with her mom being more of a public figure than others and two of her daughters being socialites who out their entire lives online and glammed it up to make money off their privledge

ara_the_spider
Debater
Debater

Post by ara_the_spider »

gossipy locks wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:43 am

This part of your statement is my favorite part of this whole scandal. They were too cheap and arrogant to bribe USC in the normally accepted way. How embarrassing for them! And now, because they felt entitled and had to find a way around that system, they've had to pay far more than a normal donation would have cost them
How much would a normal donation have cost them? Sorry if that's already been mentioned before/common knowledge :/

SandyBeaches
Lurker
Lurker

Post by SandyBeaches »

PeachFlavoredFanta wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:09 am
Omg please stop. Lori Laughlin isn’t a glamorous actress, she’s known for full house and literally everything after have been cheesy romantic comedies. She’s hardly in the ranks of Margo Robbie or julia Roberts ir whatever. And obviously we’re going to
Follow this case more closely than others with her mom being more of a public figure than others and two of her daughters being socialites who out their entire lives online and glammed it up to make money off their privledge
Totally with you on this. We are talking about LL on her DAUGHTER'S gossip page, most people here only paid attention because she's OJ's mother. Yea Nick at Nite reruns of Full House were cool and all, but I've never seen any of her work since then.

pinkcoconuts
Talker
Talker

Post by pinkcoconuts »

ara_the_spider wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:34 am
gossipy locks wrote:

This part of your statement is my favorite part of this whole scandal. They were too cheap and arrogant to bribe USC in the normally accepted way. How embarrassing for them! And now, because they felt entitled and had to find a way around that system, they've had to pay far more than a normal donation would have cost them
How much would a normal donation have cost them? Sorry if that's already been mentioned before/common knowledge :/
Typically for a school like USC it would be ~$10 million if their kid was barely (or close to) on standard in terms of AP scores, SAT / ACTs, GPA, extracurricular etc. but for the Giannulli's it most likely would've been upwards of that, ranging from $10 to $20 million but even so, a donation still doesn't fully secure a spot especially if the student did extremely poor in high school.

Gossiplover1999
Debater
Debater

Post by Gossiplover1999 »

pinkcoconuts wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:56 am
ara_the_spider wrote:
gossipy locks wrote:

Typically for a school like USC it would be ~$10 million if their kid was barely (or close to) on standard in terms of AP scores, SAT / ACTs, GPA, extracurricular etc. but for the Giannulli's it most likely would've been upwards of that, ranging from $10 to $20 million but even so, a donation still doesn't fully secure a spot especially if the student did extremely poor in high school.
I would say it’s closet to 5 million with a pledge to do more. The. Aruso family donated $25 million and got 4 kids plus a building named after them if that helps put things into perspective.

pinkcoconuts
Talker
Talker

Post by pinkcoconuts »

Gossiplover1999 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:49 pm
pinkcoconuts wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:56 am
ara_the_spider wrote:
gossipy locks wrote:

I would say it’s closet to 5 million with a pledge to do more. The. Aruso family donated $25 million and got 4 kids plus a building named after them if that helps put things into perspective.
https://news.usc.edu/trojan-family/rick ... hropy-usc/

That was just their latest "gift" they have donated several times in the past and have done the same for several other colleges as well. Also the price has been crazily increasing, for example Jared Kushner's alleged Harvard bribe costed a $2.5 million donation but that was back in '98.

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gossipy locks »

I thought I read in one of the articles that Moss had been quoted 1 or 2 million and he balked at that price which is why they went with Singer.

half_pint
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by half_pint »

She tagged a brand in her stories and they reposted her with a caption saying some shit like "Olivia Jade wearing our necklace" brands don't give a shit about the scandal, she still has a ton of followers and probably still gets sent free shit all the time.

pinkcoconuts
Talker
Talker

Post by pinkcoconuts »

half_pint wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:15 am
She tagged a brand in her stories and they reposted her with a caption saying some shit like "Olivia Jade wearing our necklace" brands don't give a shit about the scandal, she still has a ton of followers and probably still gets sent free shit all the time.
Yeah a couple Instagram brands really popular with the IG models reposted her story post. They got backlash and their reply was extremely rude to the commenters defending OJ. It's disgusting to see

sarstar112
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sarstar112 »

pinkcoconuts wrote:
half_pint wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:15 am
Yeah a couple Instagram brands really popular with the IG models reposted her story post. They got backlash and their reply was extremely rude to the commenters defending OJ. It's disgusting to see
Was it adina’s jewels? What did they say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ara_the_spider
Debater
Debater

Post by ara_the_spider »

Yikes, I guess her grades were too bad for the normal route. Thanks for answering guys!

Return to “Olivia Jade”