With Love, Leena

Boba15
Lurker
Lurker

Re: With Love, Leena

Post by Boba15 »

Like someone said, it's really telling that after a tragic loss of a CHILD in the FAMILY, they are still mentioning 'social media'. They are trying to justify their social media presence at this time and not get any hate by saying that social media is dumb and it doesn't matter but they have to do it because of their job. OF COURSE, IT'S DUMB AND DOESNT MATTER especially when a 3-year-old boy JUST DIED. Saying that it's dumb doesn't change anything. It only makes us look stupid because we follow something 'so dumb'. Maybe they shouldn't have left their jobs for such a 'dumb job'.
Also I found Omar's Instagram post a little weird. His own nephew died and he still tried to mention how he thought that poor boy would be friends with Alaina because they are close in age. Like what? His life was valuable even if he wasn't close to your daughter's age. Idk. it was just weird to me.

Pedantic1157
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by Pedantic1157 »

Amanda is literal trash. Have fun having the wedding of your dreams and divorcing in less than five years.

2nd_toshiko
Lurker
Lurker

Post by 2nd_toshiko »

Pedantic1157 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:22 pm
Amanda is literal trash. Have fun having the wedding of your dreams and divorcing in less than five years.
I honestly used to think that Amanda was the most mature and down to earth one out of the three (although that wasn’t saying much). I didn’t expect her to be the first one to start their social media bullshit first after the event. Now I’m literally disgusted by her. Literally a few days after a child dying and she’s back to talking about her wedding. Obviously it’s oh so important to have to post about choosing a coffee machine right this second. This whole wedding business has made her more superficial than ever, and it honestly makes me sad. I’m surprised that out of all of them, Loren has been the only one to stay off SM.

Ak20194
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Ak20194 »

2nd_toshiko wrote:
Pedantic1157 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:22 pm
I honestly used to think that Amanda was the most mature and down to earth one out of the three (although that wasn’t saying much). I didn’t expect her to be the first one to start their social media bullshit first after the event. Now I’m literally disgusted by her. Literally a few days after a child dying and she’s back to talking about her wedding. Obviously it’s oh so important to have to post about choosing a coffee machine right this second. This whole wedding business has made her more superficial than ever, and it honestly makes me sad. I’m surprised that out of all of them, Loren has been the only one to stay off SM.
This!! Out of everyone I didn’t expect Loren to be this radio silent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hannahxo
Learner
Learner

Post by Hannahxo »

It’s so weird how blase they seem to be?
As if oh it’s so sad he passed but now trying to get back to normal? You wouldn’t even be able to think about normal for months

Socanx27
Informer
Informer

Post by Socanx27 »

How she has the ability to put on makeup, push out content, and act like her life is back to normal is so telling. She clearly doesn't respect the Snoubars and is not close to them. Like any other job, you can ask for some time and push back content release. The fact that she went through with the AD today just tells me she is desperate to promote her wedding as the only important event of this year.

minicat
Learner
Learner

Post by minicat »

Ak20194 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:34 pm
2nd_toshiko wrote:
This!! Out of everyone I didn’t expect Loren to be this radio silent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s not unusual for Loren to go through long periods of silence online anyways when she’s busy with school and stuff. Social media is not her full time job (yet anyways), so she doesn’t need to get back to it as quickly as the other two. I’m assuming her parents help her out with tuition and expenses. Plus she still lives at home and isn’t planning a wedding or building a house. She’ll be back online when the nail and hair funds start to run low.

AsiaB
Talker
Talker

Post by AsiaB »

I'm reading Amanda's post and the part where she says "pray for my brother in law's family as they navigate through their tragic loss". It speaks volume. She used the term "their" loss and "brother in law's family", meaning while the loss is close to her, it's not really her loss and therefore justifies her getting back to "normal" so quickly. It is a verbiage that shows she is detaching herself from her situation. Yes, ultimately, it is not her direct loss, but I find the phrasing slightly impersonal.

Given how family centric they claim to be, this should be her loss too. I'm sure she saw that little boy more than once in her life and he was an important part of the larger family.

Kitkat2030
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Kitkat2030 »

Socanx27 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:08 pm
How she has the ability to put on makeup, push out content, and act like her life is back to normal is so telling. She clearly doesn't respect the Snoubars and is not close to them. Like any other job, you can ask for some time and push back content release. The fact that she went through with the AD today just tells me she is desperate to promote her wedding as the only important event of this year.
Actually I want to clarify this point. A different influencer I follow said that influencers are contractually obligated with their brand deals. If something happens (like a personal loss or a major world event), they can push back on the deadlines a bit, but many brands expect deadlines to be honored and some are less understanding than others. I'm sure Amanda has a lot of brand deals lined up currently as this is the month leading up to her wedding.

That being said, I think she didn't handle the situation super great. Posting that TikTok was unnecessary. It was for a wedding that she attended so it wasn't time sensitive. She could have posted it 2 months from now and it wouldn't have made a difference (granted the dress might be sold out by then but ASOS clothes are often sold out and her followers would just have to get over it). If she hadn't posted the TikTok and maintained a respectful silence, she could have avoided the drama of deleting comments and looking very insensitive.

After a week of respectful silence, she could post a story like she did last night about the Snoubars - but leaving off the social media is dumb line which made her post sound insincere.

Then, before launching into her month of ads, she could post a story where she talks to the camera and apologizes and explains that she is contractually obligated to post these ads and that she hopes that people will understand and that she is keeping the Snoubars in her thoughts and prayers. I think a lot of people aren't aware of these contractual obligations regarding sponsored content and a short explanation would have done wonders.

A little bit of sincerity and honesty goes a long way.

mimioutt
Learner
Learner

Post by mimioutt »

As someone who works with influencers, there is always the option to delay a campaign or opt out of the current one and instead take part in an upcoming one later on. Brands understand that stuff happens and are usually happy to acomodate if the influencer is asking in good faith.

A death in the family is such a valid reason to delay or opt out into a future campaign. There’s no contract that would obligate or force someone to post in the week after a family death. You cant be obligated or forced to post anything really. This is a money driven move. I get that there’s a wedding coming up but it’s disgusting.

More than that, even if the brand for some reason refused to accommodate, the kids life is worth more than a few thousand dollars to post things less than a week after his death. That’s the point here.

L2503
Learner
Learner

Post by L2503 »

mimioutt wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:34 pm
As someone who works with influencers, there is always the option to delay a campaign or opt out of the current one and instead take part in an upcoming one later on. Brands understand that stuff happens and are usually happy to acomodate if the influencer is asking in good faith.

A death in the family is such a valid reason to delay or opt out into a future campaign. There’s no contract that would obligate or force someone to post in the week after a family death. You cant be obligated or forced to post anything really. This is a money driven move. I get that there’s a wedding coming up but it’s disgusting.

More than that, even if the brand for some reason refused to accommodate, the kids life is worth more than a few thousand dollars to post things less than a week after his death. That’s the point here.
This.
I also worked with influencers as I used to manage a brand for a very long time, and this happens often. Brands are usually pretty understanding, especially with something as tragic as a close family member's death. When a campaign is time-sensitive, I do understand that brands aren't too keen into pushing deadlines back, but I remember the Asad sisters mentioning they had an SM manager, who can easily deal with pushing story posting back in a case of force majeure.
The influencer would, indeed, not get the funds in return, but brands aren't going to throw a lawsuit at you for not posting about what you receive. The worst they could do is ask for whatever they sent back, but they usually don't.

I have responded to Amanda's story which was a screenshot of someone calling her out about Jude's death and her return to social media so soon.
I said that she sounded a bit tone deaf and it was actually pretty insensitive to post a Tiktok video which wasn't a brand deal just a few days after such a tragic family event happened. I also said that the fact that her and Leena wrote the same sentence word for word showed they felt more money-driven than family oriented, which was sad considering the emphasis they put on family with the sister channel and their overall stories. I also mentioned that taking a break wouldn't necessarily mean a crazy loss in revenue considering how much money she must already get.
She blocked me lol

Socanx27
Informer
Informer

Post by Socanx27 »

L2503 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:09 pm
mimioutt wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:34 pm

This.
I also worked with influencers as I used to manage a brand for a very long time, and this happens often. Brands are usually pretty understanding, especially with something as tragic as a close family member's death. When a campaign is time-sensitive, I do understand that brands aren't too keen into pushing deadlines back, but I remember the Asad sisters mentioning they had an SM manager, who can easily deal with pushing story posting back in a case of force majeure.
The influencer would, indeed, not get the funds in return, but brands aren't going to throw a lawsuit at you for not posting about what you receive. The worst they could do is ask for whatever they sent back, but they usually don't.

I have responded to Amanda's story which was a screenshot of someone calling her out about Jude's death and her return to social media so soon.
I said that she sounded a bit tone deaf and it was actually pretty insensitive to post a Tiktok video which wasn't a brand deal just a few days after such a tragic family event happened. I also said that the fact that her and Leena wrote the same sentence word for word showed they felt more money-driven than family oriented, which was sad considering the emphasis they put on family with the sister channel and their overall stories. I also mentioned that taking a break wouldn't necessarily mean a crazy loss in revenue considering how much money she must already get.
She blocked me lol
Oh she definitely gets that from Leena who has probably blocked thousands of people at this point.

PastelQueen
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PastelQueen »

The fact that they can't take a single ounce of criticism bolsters my personal theory that they were extremely coddled and spoiled growing up. Anything that makes them feel unpleasant or uncomfortable is just eliminated.

allforthegram
Informer
Informer

Post by allforthegram »

I'm surprised about Amanda tbh, I thought she had a bit of a back bone. I think though out of all of them I'm most disappointed in Omar. He literally had nothing to say about his nephew that wasn't in relation to Alaina, then went on to defend social media. Marah seemed to actually know Jude and had a relationship with him. It seems Omar has become as self absorbed and out of touch as Leena.

PastelQueen
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PastelQueen »

allforthegram wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:16 am
I'm surprised about Amanda tbh, I thought she had a bit of a back bone. I think though out of all of them I'm most disappointed in Omar. He literally had nothing to say about his nephew that wasn't in relation to Alaina, then went on to defend social media. Marah seemed to actually know Jude and had a relationship with him. It seems Omar has become as self absorbed and out of touch as Leena.
One word: money. He's getting to take pilot lessons and dreaming of owning a plane someday. So yeah, back to making videos of his wife prissing and head-tilting for the camera it is.

starlight7
Informer
Informer

Post by starlight7 »

Omar is fully Leena's doormat. He gives me 0 personality, he'd probably do anything Leena says. Isn't the rule in Islam that the man is the provider and the woman gets to keep the money she makes to herself?

Pedantic1157
Learner
Learner

Post by Pedantic1157 »

Hey look trash Amanda keeps posting about her pathetic trash wedding and registry. The depression is going to set in hard once her wedding is over. Mohammed will be out every night with his friends because that’s who he is and she will be facetiming her family and complaining about how uninspired she is. because that’s who she is.

Newnewnewnew
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Newnewnewnew »

Omar is pure rotting garbage. Why does he barely have a comment on his nephew? He looks like a little idiot following Leena around and having no job or identity of his own. Even during the BLM scandal where Leena was SILENCING BLAKC VOICES he defended her like the little idiot he is.

Amanda is so stupid too. Why is she blocking mature and reasonable criticism. I’d understand if it was just hate, but she can’t even handle intelligent feedback. She’s building up this wedding to a man that is firstly not attractive, second has no personality, third seems not intelligent, and fourth doesn’t even seem that into her. Garbage.

Socanx27
Informer
Informer

Post by Socanx27 »

Newnewnewnew wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:01 am
Omar is pure rotting garbage. Why does he barely have a comment on his nephew? He looks like a little idiot following Leena around and having no job or identity of his own. Even during the BLM scandal where Leena was SILENCING BLAKC VOICES he defended her like the little idiot he is.

Amanda is so stupid too. Why is she blocking mature and reasonable criticism. I’d understand if it was just hate, but she can’t even handle intelligent feedback. She’s building up this wedding to a man that is firstly not attractive, second has no personality, third seems not intelligent, and fourth doesn’t even seem that into her. Garbage.
Oh when he was arguing with a black sister in Leena's comments, I wanted to punch him in his white, smug face. The scary part is he was an ICU nurse. Hope he didn't treat his POC patients differently because of his implicit biases.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

This thread is now locked. Please continue here: viewtopic.php?t=41949 :lolly:

Return to “The Asad Sisters”