Emma Chamberlain: Hygienic, ReLaTaBLe Style Icon - Part 3

Snotgirl
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Emma Chamberlain: Hygienic, ReLaTaBLe Style Icon - Part 3

Post by Snotgirl »

About her hygiene being a sexist thing: definitely not.

I've grown up with multiple male YouTubers (Game grumps for ex.) and there was a certain limit to their "gross" jokes; farts, shit, etc. Emma has gagged and spit out milk on camera (which is extremely horrifying to someone like me with emetophobia), continuously farted on camera (btw it always looks like she's forcing them out to try and be funny ngl.), and consistently talking about how she doesn't shower. It's not a gender thing, it's an Emma thing. I understand trying to be relatable but it's reached another level at this point that I just can't fathom.
Sorry if I'm Snotty !

Mosie926
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Mosie926 »

:)
If life is like a box of chocolates, why am I getting all the coconut ones :(.

elasticgoth
Learner
Learner

Post by elasticgoth »

Snotgirl wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:50 pm

I've grown up with multiple male YouTubers (Game grumps for ex.) and there was a certain limit to their "gross" jokes; farts, shit, etc. Emma has gagged and spit out milk on camera (which is extremely horrifying to someone like me with emetophobia), continuously farted on camera (btw it always looks like she's forcing them out to try and be funny ngl.), and consistently talking about how she doesn't shower. It's not a gender thing, it's an Emma thing. I understand trying to be relatable but it's reached another level at this point that I just can't fathom.
Preach omg.

elasticgoth
Learner
Learner

Post by elasticgoth »

Has the liking Emma trend died out yet btw? It seems to me like no one ever talks about her at school anymore (especially not in my friend group lol if she's brought up someone will usually be like 'oh shes BEEN cancelled'.

yellowbowl
Talker
Talker

Post by yellowbowl »

following

MissForever11
Informer
Informer

Post by MissForever11 »

following

pepesylvia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by pepesylvia »

f! <3

crusty gossip
Talker
Talker

Post by crusty gossip »

following

vaguelyviolet
Informer
Informer

Post by vaguelyviolet »

Who even is the real Emma?? I was binge watching her SF vlogs and she’s so damn likeable there. And i see her vlogs now and her tweets and she’s so fucking annoying. I think she said somewhere that when she first started yt she was faking her personality bc she was uncomfortable in front of the camera or something and now she can be herself. And it’s really unfortunate bc if that’s the case i really liked her “fake personality” that she portrayed in SF.

But something just tells me she’s convincing herself and especially to her audience that she didn’t change bc that’s what everyone was afraid of when she moved so she’s just using that excuse that shes more herself now. I think the old Emma is still there somewhere. I mean i hope i’m not wrong lol bc the Emma we know today is an extremely try hard insecure girl around the sistersquad and an annoyingly loud unhygienic girl with her girls.

hummuslover
Debater
Debater

Post by hummuslover »

Following

darcyking
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by darcyking »

loverlove2you wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:16 pm
Who even is the real Emma?? I was binge watching her SF vlogs and she’s so damn likeable there. And i see her vlogs now and her tweets and she’s so fucking annoying. I think she said somewhere that when she first started yt she was faking her personality bc she was uncomfortable in front of the camera or something and now she can be herself. And it’s really unfortunate bc if that’s the case i really liked her “fake personality” that she portrayed in SF.

But something just tells me she’s convincing herself and especially to her audience that she didn’t change bc that’s what everyone was afraid of when she moved so she’s just using that excuse that shes more herself now. I think the old Emma is still there somewhere. I mean i hope i’m not wrong lol bc the Emma we know today is an extremely try hard insecure girl around the sistersquad and an annoyingly loud unhygienic girl with her girls.
moving to LA really changed her

jwishy
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by jwishy »

Following!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pandry
Informer
Informer

Post by pandry »

Following

ohhaiii
Informer
Informer

Post by ohhaiii »

following

peanutella
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by peanutella »

she looks so muddy in olivia's setactive vlog
i wish she'd stop with the fake tans
Non.

elasticgoth
Learner
Learner

Post by elasticgoth »

full_send wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:43 pm
elasticgoth wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:58 pm
Has the liking Emma trend died out yet btw? It seems to me like no one ever talks about her at school anymore (especially not in my friend group lol if she's brought up someone will usually be like 'oh shes BEEN cancelled'.
I'm curious about what you said about Emma being "cancelled" among your friend group. First, is it that your friend group once liked Emma, and now they don't? If they did like her, and now don't like her, what are the reasons? Also, is there another YouTuber, or group of YouTubers, that your friend group has started watching instead, if so who and why? I ask in part as I believe Emma's ascent of popularity is very finite, and once she turns 18 she will likely become even less relatable to younger girls who will want to identify with someone who is 15 - 17.
I became friends with them this year so I don't exactly know if they were into Emma's videos before when she was really relevant, but they say she's "cancelled" mainly because of how unfunny she's gotten and all the drama with the bullying and merch line fiascos. Personally I stopped watching her last June shortly after she moved to LA.

harimonious
Learner
Learner

Post by harimonious »

Snotgirl wrote:

didn't the dolan twins do a video of them puking milk??? No one seems concerned about that. Not saying it's because they're guys that no one cares, but people are continually harsher on emma. idrc though. if a video isn't my humour then i just won't watch.

harimonious
Learner
Learner

Post by harimonious »

pandry wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:46 am
Following
oh my word your profile picture is terrifying :o

Snotgirl
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Snotgirl »

harimonious wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:39 am
Snotgirl wrote:

didn't the dolan twins do a video of them puking milk??? No one seems concerned about that. Not saying it's because they're guys that no one cares, but people are continually harsher on emma. idrc though. if a video isn't my humour then i just won't watch.
Have never watched the Dolan twins and that's equally as nasty. Again, this is an Emma thread. There's a reason we're only talking about her but I'll humor you. One can definitely arguue about the consistency. The Dolan twins (as far as my knowledge) are not openly unhygienic like Emma or at least not constantly so. Emma is slowly being KNOWN for being "dirty". Also what is the context of the video they're doing it in? Was it a challenge? Then that's a little different. If there's a video that clearly shows what is going to happen (I.e. milk challenge typically leads to vomiting) I know to just avoid that and exactly what they're doing. Emma is always doing these really gross things in unfitting videos, in the middle of vlogs.

I agree with the sentiment of "don't like, don't watch" but when it comes to popular YouTuber's or influences you have to take into account the impact of their demographic. Emma, whether she likes it or not, has become a role model or at least someone people look up to. You can't just not bathe and encourage nasty habits because people, especially young, impressionable kids, can follow suit. FYI not bathing can lead to rashes, infections, and overall just gross situations.
Sorry if I'm Snotty !

introvertedowl
Talker
Talker

Post by introvertedowl »

Snotgirl wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:08 am
harimonious wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:39 am
Snotgirl wrote:

Have never watched the Dolan twins and that's equally as nasty. Again, this is an Emma thread. There's a reason we're only talking about her but I'll humor you. One can definitely arguue about the consistency. The Dolan twins (as far as my knowledge) are not openly unhygienic like Emma or at least not constantly so. Emma is slowly being KNOWN for being "dirty". Also what is the context of the video they're doing it in? Was it a challenge? Then that's a little different. If there's a video that clearly shows what is going to happen (I.e. milk challenge typically leads to vomiting) I know to just avoid that and exactly what they're doing. Emma is always doing these really gross things in unfitting videos, in the middle of vlogs.

I agree with the sentiment of "don't like, don't watch" but when it comes to popular YouTuber's or influences you have to take into account the impact of their demographic. Emma, whether she likes it or not, has become a role model or at least someone people look up to. You can't just not bathe and encourage nasty habits because people, especially young, impressionable kids, can follow suit. FYI not bathing can lead to rashes, infections, and overall just gross situations.
Her blatant statements of being unhygienic is what really bugs me. Not taking care of yourself isn't cute, it's not quirky, it's not funny. I can't believe she's as open about it as she is. I have really big issues with self care (ie brushing my teeth, hair, showering, etc) because of my mental health struggles and I strive to hide the fact that I'm not always in tip top shape hygienically. It embarrasses me that I do this and I could never imagine just openly accepting being gross on a day to day basis.

Return to “Emma Chamberlain”