It's Grace (formerly DailyGrace) - Grace Helbig Part 4

Somechick
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: It's Grace (formerly DailyGrace) - Grace Helbig Part 4

Post by Somechick »

Grace said on the podcast that she's doing an online masters program in psychology but didn't say the school. Probably some state school or even her old college in New Jersey. I doubt she will talk much more about it.

Chip works in production. He mostly does tv shows that travel around different places hence why he's on the road a lot. I'm not sure if Mamrie has ever said which shows he apart of but from what I gather it's like a Diners, Drive-ins, and Drives type of show.

ashleym
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ashleym »

Somechick wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:22 am
Grace said on the podcast that she's doing an online masters program in psychology but didn't say the school. Probably some state school or even her old college in New Jersey. I doubt she will talk much more about it.

Chip works in production. He mostly does tv shows that travel around different places hence why he's on the road a lot. I'm not sure if Mamrie has ever said which shows he apart of but from what I gather it's like a Diners, Drive-ins, and Drives type of show.
Thanks!

MunsterCheese
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MunsterCheese »

Yoona wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:18 pm
nowherewarm wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:12 pm
Yoona wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:50 am
Chip went away for work for two months, and as I've learned Mamrie is incredibly co-dependent and can't be alone so she went back to North Carolina to ride it out.
I was under the impression that she went there alone while he was working someplace alone but I might have misunderstood
No, you're right. They're not there together, I meant that she can't be alone so she went back to be with her mom until he comes back.
She didn't though. She stayed alone in an air b&b. She visited friends and family, but she didn't stay with them. Kinda seemed like she took advantage of a chance to get the hell out of LA for a bit.

Some of the criticism from here I can get, but how do you figure she's co-dependent? It seems like Chip is away quite often for work, for a few days at a time at least. And Mamrie is the one that is always going on solo writing trips and adventures. She seems pretty independent to me? I'm genuinely curious what makes you think this?

Yoona
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Yoona »

She literally said that she cried because the man she was stuck in quarantine with for two months or however long, the only person she saw other than Grace and was with every second of the day, was leaving for a few months. If that's not co-dependent then I don't know what is. To a healthy couple, that would be much needed time apart. Lockdown brought upon so many divorces for a reason. But Mamrie couldn't even handle the thought of being alone.

gg208
Talker
Talker

Post by gg208 »

She got emotional about her long-term boyfriend going away for work for an extended period of time? that's not that weird lol

dingbatdom
Talker
Talker

Post by dingbatdom »

Well this happened?

ParisianDoll
Informer
Informer

Post by ParisianDoll »

To be honest, I’m surprised he didn’t ask sooner. I’m equal parts happy for them and dreading how much they’ll make this a quirky, “not like OTHER engaged couples” bit for way longer than necessary.

Lauralou_15
Learner
Learner

Post by Lauralou_15 »

Haven’t been here in so long but came after I saw Elliot’s and then Grace’s twitters, I love this for them, Grace has really grown up recently and I think Elliot is a really good fit for her 😍

gg208
Talker
Talker

Post by gg208 »

I'm super surprised because I didn't think she ever wanted to get married!

Mille026
Talker
Talker

Post by Mille026 »

I am not a big fan of Elliot. Seems like he's the type who is only loyal when it's convenient for him.

Also, I'm not surprised Grace is getting married and would not be surprised if she changed her mind and decided to have kids in the next few years. She has always been the type to model her personality on her friends and partners rather having original thoughts and ideas.

dingbatdom
Talker
Talker

Post by dingbatdom »

Mille026 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:59 am
I am not a big fan of Elliot. Seems like he's the type who is only loyal when it's convenient for him.

Also, I'm not surprised Grace is getting married and would not be surprised if she changed her mind and decided to have kids in the next few years. She has always been the type to model her personality on her friends and partners rather having original thoughts and ideas.
I feel bad for saying this but this is exactly what Chester wanted. I loved those two together and it would be sad to see Grace living out his dream with someone else. But he is super happy living his life right now anyway. But those were the good old days. I always assumed that’s why they broke up.

nowherewarm
Learner
Learner

Post by nowherewarm »

Yeah honestly that was my first thought when I first saw the annoucement too, 'didn't she break up with Chester because he wanted to get married?' But then again that was so many years ago now, I guess she's changed? I didn't think she'd ever get married, now this happened, but I definitely do not expect her to change her mind on having kids.

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hippo »

I don't like Elliott at all (although he's obviously still a step up from Brooks), so I really hope her the change of heart about marriage was organic and not just doing it for Elliott.

flipflopsandsocks50
Learner
Learner

Post by flipflopsandsocks50 »

dingbatdom wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:47 am
Mille026 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:59 am

I feel bad for saying this but this is exactly what Chester wanted. I loved those two together and it would be sad to see Grace living out his dream with someone else. But he is super happy living his life right now anyway. But those were the good old days. I always assumed that’s why they broke up.
agreeee i loved grace and chester together! :( but grace does seem happy with elliott so best of luck to them

Yoona
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Yoona »

Two enablers enabling each other for life (or at least 3 years), so sweet. Elliott isn't a good person so, good luck to Grace. Interested to see how much more she's going to change considering how traditional and lowkey conservative he is, since her personality, hobbies, and interests shift depending on who she's dating and now, marrying. I agree that she's probably going to end up having kids even though she's forever deigned the idea. Elliott has been desperate for them for like a decade.

tchock92
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tchock92 »

Eeew I never thought grace would marry a republican

FallingDown
Learner
Learner

Post by FallingDown »

Yoona wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:11 am
Two enablers enabling each other for life (or at least 3 years), so sweet. Elliott isn't a good person so, good luck to Grace. Interested to see how much more she's going to change considering how traditional and lowkey conservative he is, since her personality, hobbies, and interests shift depending on who she's dating and now, marrying. I agree that she's probably going to end up having kids even though she's forever deigned the idea. Elliott has been desperate for them for like a decade.
I know he used to be a former republican but how is he lowkey conservative? Geniunely curious. The whole "asking Grace's parents for their blessings" did kinda rub me the wrong way. A bit too traditional than what I assumed Grace liked.

Yoona
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Yoona »

FallingDown wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:41 pm
I know he used to be a former republican but how is he lowkey conservative? Geniunely curious. The whole "asking Grace's parents for their blessings" did kinda rub me the wrong way. A bit too traditional than what I assumed Grace liked.
There's no trait more conservative than the joy of shaming women and making them feel bad about themselves, and he hasn't stopped that. I do think he's unlearned a lot of his toxic evangelical and conservative upbringing, but not quite enough. It wasn't all that long ago that he was cheating on his ex-wife and then went on social media to blame and shit talk her. Also on an episode of The Valleyfolk podcast from before Lee was kicked out, she was trying to explain to the boys why as a woman, if she was going to meet a man that she found on the internet, she would feel safer googling them and basically doing a background check first for obvious reasons. Elliott and Steve basically ganged up on her, talked over her, and tried to make her seem like a psychopath. Absolutely refused to understand why it's dangerous for a woman to blindly meet a man from the internet. Plenty of side comments and eyerolls from them about feminism too.

ashleym
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ashleym »

Wow..file this under C for curveball. I'm shocked but also not because I feel like after watching Grace for years, I've learned that she is someone who holds a view only because it's convenient not because it's what she actually wants. She also seems pretty needy and probably thinks its now or never for her

ParisianDoll
Informer
Informer

Post by ParisianDoll »

Yeah, it seems weird to me that she SAID she and Elliott have been discussing it but it's obvious it was not something she had vocally changed her mind about since Mamrie was still shocked that she agreed to it (she said she had to double check that Grace and Elliott were even still together after Grace told Mamrie he proposed - that tells me in the back of Mamrie's mind Grace said no and dumped his ass, haha) and she kept asking if all of Grace's family told him "uh, good luck!" when he asked permission. That sort of gives me an indication that he probably whined about marriage to Grace a few times, she didn't fully take him seriously, and he just dropped it on her and she's like "sure? I guess?"

Return to “itsgrace”