TheGabbieShow Part 5

TakingaSip
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: TheGabbieShow Part 5

Post by TakingaSip »

I actually think the layout of the house is gorgeous but her remark on all houses being built the same was pretty obnoxious. It literally looks like every other youtubers' house! I also cringed at the orange lighter bit like ok Gabbie not like you probably forgot where you left it or anything. :roll: It just really sucks that a house that nice will soon be hoarded with a bunch of junk.

wild_in_our_way
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by wild_in_our_way »

She’s gonna end up stubbing many toes trying to make her way over to her toilet at night.

And if she ever decides to stay long term and procreate, idk if she made the best decision here. I wouldn’t want my kids’ bedrooms all downstairs like that. Personal preference. But hey as long as she has her self-sufficient lair, I guess it’s not a problem?

I’m curious to see how she’ll end up decorating it. The listing made it look a lot brighter with color than it looks. I was confused when she said warm tones cause that house felt cold toned when she was in it.
This is supposed to be fucking fun.

beachy
Informer
Informer

Post by beachy »

I was just coming here to say she may have trouble reselling it down the line bc of the master being upstairs by itself. Unique, yes. Universally desired, nah.

Also, I would hate to sit in that bathtub surrounded by the glass shower enclosure. Even though the shower looks huge, I would feel constrained. Where can you put candles or a drink? Unless you have a bath caddy, or place some furniture in there. It just looks so strange. Whoever remodeled this house was not smart.

Also I know she said she has a foyer, but it’s just an empty space. When you open the front door, it feels like an apartment where you walk right into where you can see the tv and couches and wine closet in the living/family room. That’s a major pet peeve of mine. You have the square footage. Have a more private/enclosed area where guests have to pass through to get to your living area.

AnnieNN199
Learner
Learner

Post by AnnieNN199 »

pepesylvia wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:36 pm
her house looks almost identical to jenna marble's house. I found her listing, looks like it sold for a little less than 2.2mil

edit: it's also only 3,100 sq feet, so it's not really even that big? seems like a relatively normal house size, but still way too big for just 1 person
I thought that too. I actually thought it was Jenna's house for a split second when I saw that wine closet (Idk what that room actually is, I assume it's for wine by the racks) wonder if she bought a house near Jenna or like in the same neighborhood (idk how LA works) unless that's just a popular style of house in LA. I'm surprised she got such an airy house, I thought she'd get like a Spanish style house almost like Shane Dawson's old one. No offense to anyone who likes that style, but she really went for that basic LA bitch style.

dietgossip
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by dietgossip »

It’s like she didn’t heed GlitterForever17’s warning- youtube money is not forever and wasting your money on the huge mansion is literally just a way to spend it faster. No idea how Gabbie is gonna pay for this in five year’s time when no one cares about her anymore

alphaB13
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by alphaB13 »

I couldn't find the listing yet, but what I did find was a lot of homes in the same price range with WAY more personality. I would certainly have made a different choice, that's all I can say.

erinswife
Learner
Learner

Post by erinswife »

trying to watch the video but I'm only 4 minutes in and her friend fucking gasp at everything ??? even when there is no reason to ?

Ughmypower
Debater
Debater

Post by Ughmypower »

Just looked at pictures of the house online and I’m kinda underwhelmed? It doesn’t look all that great and I don’t understand spending so much money on a house like that but eh who am I.
Also sorry if this is a dumb question I don’t know anything about buying a house lol but Gabbie said she paid $2.5M for the house, but the website with pictures of the house says it sold for $2.1M? Did she end up paying more to install additional features or something or did she just slightly up the price for the brag?

CatWoman124
Informer
Informer

Post by CatWoman124 »

I don't know if it has been said yet. I just came from the video, but I actually feel geninuely sad for Gabbie. Most people her age are planning out where the future kids will go or at least have a significant other to share the house with (like Shane and Ryland) and decorate together. Nope. Gabbie has three different studios and a podcast room in a large empty house.

erinswife
Learner
Learner

Post by erinswife »

Still couldn't get through the whole video but I think one of the things that bothers me about her relationship with her friend (or at least what we can see from this video because I don't watch Gabbie that much anymore and that's actually my first time seeing this Irene girl) is not that she throws so many compliments at her, it's the fact that Gabbie never even thank her ? so that makes it really weird, sometimes she even ignore her like she is simply stating facts so why bother to say thanks or... anything really

melissah
Debater
Debater

Post by melissah »

Ughmypower wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:50 pm
I remember when Gabbie first started talking about their friendship, she would share screenshots from texts between them and talk about how every single day Irene texts her a compliment. And these weren’t just like “you’re gorgeous and strong!” they were whole ass paragraphs. Yuck. Is she being paid or something? That’s insane to me
This is definitely weird!

I think my friends and I err quite far on the side of complimenting each other a lot, but it's not a one-way street and we aren't delivering a complex para every day!

I don't know what has happened to Gabbie, I used to like her 2 - 3 years ago when she'd make storytime videos about bad Tinder dates. She seems absurdly self-involved now. I wouldn't say I dislike her but I think she doesn't have a grasp on how self-involved she has become!

melissah
Debater
Debater

Post by melissah »

erinswife wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:06 am
Still couldn't get through the whole video but I think one of the things that bothers me about her relationship with her friend (or at least what we can see from this video because I don't watch Gabbie that much anymore and that's actually my first time seeing this Irene girl) is not that she throws so many compliments at her, it's the fact that Gabbie never even thank her ? so that makes it really weird, sometimes she even ignore her like she is simply stating facts so why bother to say thanks or... anything really
Lol after being let down in relationships so much, a single life is the dream to me... :p

FreshSalt
Talker
Talker

Post by FreshSalt »

Ughmypower wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:21 am
Just looked at pictures of the house online and I’m kinda underwhelmed? It doesn’t look all that great and I don’t understand spending so much money on a house like that but eh who am I.
Also sorry if this is a dumb question I don’t know anything about buying a house lol but Gabbie said she paid $2.5M for the house, but the website with pictures of the house says it sold for $2.1M? Did she end up paying more to install additional features or something or did she just slightly up the price for the brag?
I personally think it's an amazing house and if I had the money to spend I would have bought that one as well. I really love it. Usually not a fan of Gabbie's or her decisions but the house is a solid 10/10 for me. And I do think she exaggerated a bit when it comes to the price.
CatWoman124 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:48 am
I don't know if it has been said yet. I just came from the video, but I actually feel geninuely sad for Gabbie. Most people her age are planning out where the future kids will go or at least have a significant other to share the house with (like Shane and Ryland) and decorate together. Nope. Gabbie has three different studios and a podcast room in a large empty house.
Also, not everybody is planning to have children and some take that topic up only in their late(r) thirties.
I could totally see myself buying that exact house at her age (which is still a couple of years away).
#TeamIanFromSeatGeek (sorry Dima) :love2:

greyyg
Learner
Learner

Post by greyyg »

FreshSalt wrote:
Ughmypower wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:21 am
I personally think it's an amazing house and if I had the money to spend I would have bought that one as well. I really love it. Usually not a fan of Gabbie's or her decisions but the house is a solid 10/10 for me. And I do think she exaggerated a bit when it comes to the price.
CatWoman124 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:48 am
Also, not everybody is planning to have children and some take that topic up only in their late(r) thirties.
I could totally see myself buying that exact house at her age (which is still a couple of years away).
I would get terrified in that house alone with all the empty rooms at night especially, maybe even during the day. But I’m content in a studio apartment so maybe it’s just me. Just seems like a lot of unnecessary space and rooms she didn’t need.. two offices? Come on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CatWoman124
Informer
Informer

Post by CatWoman124 »

FreshSalt wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:53 am

I think you are missing the point. It isn't about following a plan exactly when you are expected to. It is about blossoming relationships and growing as a person outwardly. Gaining human connections and having ambitions and goals that involve more than just yourself. It is all fine and dandy to want a lot of money or to want to be famous, but it really doesn't do you any good if you don't have anyone to share your successes with. All Gabbie's connections are superficial - Irene, Taylor, her fans... they are all just dressing and cease to exist in her world at the end of the day.

That is fine to not want to have children, hence the S.O. comment. Gabbie has absolutely no plans for a future with anyone. Sure fine, be the old maid sitting at home, independent woman who doesn't need a man, if you are into that. But it is still sad that Gabbie's world only has Gabbie in it. Not a real connection between her and another person. (Heck, I would give for a connection between her and an animal.) And her only plans for the future are, frankly, not that ambitious in this day and age. Especially not for an established YouTuber.

And instead, Gabbie is in a 5-bedroom house filled with herself and next steps in her career she should've taken years ago. And I pity her.

tuttifruittitea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tuttifruittitea »

i couldn’t watch past the foyer bit. granted it does look nice that first bit of the house.
she’s going to become even more annoying now though :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet_Potato
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Sweet_Potato »

A 2m dollar house for your first real estate purchase seems like a bad move to me. There's nothing wrong with babysteps + if she was smarter she would've dipped into real estate more realistically as a plan B for her youtube channel. If I were her, I would've bought a nice town house, lived in and renovated it, then flipped it and purchased something bigger, ect. It's a good way to test the waters because when purchasing a house you're your own landlord!! There's so much more in taking care of house that an apartment. She didn't even know about changing air filters, a house is like a person and with age they need more tlc. It seems like she's trying to buy a seat at the table with this one. 5b/5bth with no kids or husband or relatives that visit (seems she's the one always flying out) is a stretch.

Also, sidenote, I'm sick of these youtubers portraying this sort of thing to their young followers. I'm trying to dabble in real estate myself, and there are BEAUTIFUL houses for 100k or 200k, you don't need millions to live in/make a nice home. This idea that living in a stacked neighborhood with a replica house is so boring an overdone. They all look the same and have no stand out qualities. Plus, I doubt Gabbie is the type to get hands dirty in order to raise the property value for future selling. I see her getting way less if she ever puts it back on the market

alpacavocado
Lurker
Lurker

Post by alpacavocado »

I'm on vacation so I only just watched her house tour (why did a spent precious vacation time with this crap I don't really know. I'm just nosey lol). What really rubbed me the wrong way was when Gabbie said she can't believe that she would end up in a house in Los Angeles considering her upbringing and what she went through. Which is fair enough but it just boggles my fucking mind that someone with no talent got to where she is. I mean, I enjoyed her story times in the past but truly, she can't sing or write or draw or act, she has an ugly personality and to be honest just got really damn lucky? "Hard work" my ass. Those foster kids she supposedly wants will have no room in a house that'll be filled with trash within months.
Also, a podcast? About what? Give me a fucking break. 🙄

Onelongfurby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Onelongfurby »

I feel bad for the house. Not only was it remodeled by someone with no taste and even less spatial awareness (that “living room”... ugh. And why the hell would you put a wine closet there and not, you know, the more spacious kitchen???), but now it’s being inhabited by someone who doesn’t appreciate what they have and will fill it with trash and junk. I wish I had the house and could remodel it, knock down a wall or two (or five lol), turn the upstairs bedroom into an attic-like area, merge a couple bedrooms, and just make it more... open. She thinks it’s open and airy right now, but that’s the most claustrophobic house I’ve ever seen, and some of the rooms, like the one she’s gonna turn into home gym (yeah right, you’d be lucky to get a treadmill and an excersise bike in there, and she can def say goodbye to her choreography dreams), are just so cramped! Seriously, how many brain cells failed at the same time and for so long to make her think this was a good idea? She should have taken originally losing the house to another guy as a sign and looked for something else.
:HK: I’m kind of a major bitch :HK:

PocusHocus
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PocusHocus »

2.1 million isn’t that much here, just saying. Normal family homes in my neighborhood are 1 million and up. I think it’s a pretty reasonable choice for her actually. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Return to “TheGabbieShow”