Disappointing Products

Chunky_Cocoa
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Disappointing Products

Post by Chunky_Cocoa »

Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme - this is literally a block of sickly sweet smelling cement. This "creme" hurts to apply and once it's on, feels so greasy. And the SMELL! Old milk and arsenic. Just disgusting.

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Audacious - what in the Bozo the Clown hell!? This balm is such a bright neon orange, and so patchy in application.

Neutrogena Makeup Remover Wipes in Night Calming - These wipes are just so dry, and what little liquid in the wipes burns the crap out of my eyes!

Caudalie Grape Water Face Mist - You might as well save your money and put your face under the sink tap. Not at all moisturizing. Refreshing on a hot day, but way too expensive to do something regular tap water can do.

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer »

So I bought the Murad AHA/BHA exfoliator... and not only does it seem like any other drugstore exfoliator, but I've started breaking out. Some reviews online say that you'll break out for a week and then afterwards is when you see the actual results. But if I keep breaking out I'm exchanging that thing for a Naked palette or something.

bbyybbbaby
Debater
Debater

Post by bbyybbbaby »

Yes to carrots face cleanser. It felt like my skin was burning when I applied it. Lushes big shampoo I think the lemon in it caused some scalp sensitivity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ImageImage

noshant
Talker
Talker

Post by noshant »

Chunky_Cocoa wrote:
Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Audacious - what in the Bozo the Clown hell!? This balm is such a bright neon orange, and so patchy in application.
I actually love the colour, but the formula is the worst thing I've tried in a long, long, LONG time :(

NYX Round Lipstick in Bruised - great colour, but patchy, uneven, slides off...

Eyeko Skinny Liquid Liner - how is this 'award winning'? Maybe the one I got (I got mine in a beauty box) is old or something, but I find that the tip is pretty damn dry, application is awkward as I have to go over my line multiple times, and the nib in general is too hard. Maybe my lids are too oily? Maybe it doesn't work over shadow? I don't know. I don't like it. I will just stick to my slim liners from L'Oreal and Maybelline.

ValWinchester1990
Informer
Informer

Post by ValWinchester1990 »

I'm probably the only person on the planet who thinks this. But I found the NARS Ita Brush very very disappointing. It was a lot softer than it looked, I'll give it that. But it really wasn't anything special considering the price. I'm gonna be returning this.

laladoll
Learner
Learner

Post by laladoll »

tbh, i don't like any of benefit's products. :?

merrily
Learner
Learner

Post by merrily »

Foreo luna! Way too overpriced and did nothing for my skin

LunaSheep
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LunaSheep »

Bite Beauty agave lip mask. Glorified vaseline that doesn't moisturize at all and just sits on your lips. Texture was disgusting. Not worth the money.
Previously xluna_bella <3

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

I'm a little disappointed by Charlotte Tilbury. While I like some of her stuff, I don't like the way they cut corners. No mini brushes, sponges etc in her products. (ya know how most quads have mini shadow brushes etc). Today I spent 200 dollars on her new lip treatment, scrub and other stuff. It came with a little red "lipstick bag" as an incentive to buy. It's so small you can't fit anything in there except some quarters or bobby pins. But most disappointing was how TINY TINY the lip treatments are. When I say small I mean, a travel size. 40 dollars for a lip balm that is half the size of a TRAVEL aquaphor. Today was my last purchase.

sheslostcontrol
Informer
Informer

Post by sheslostcontrol »

Lancome hypnose drama mascara - it just ends up looking weird and spidery on my lashes.
tarte eyeshadows - they're not bad but the pigmentation& staying power isn't as good as some other brands so I doubt I'll get anymore of their palettes.
anything from Pixi - luckily I've only had them in my ipsy bag, but the products are cheaply packaged and don't perform well, especially since their price range is up there with the things I buy from sephora. many of the products I have from nyx, l'oreal, etc are cheaper and way better.

ValWinchester1990
Informer
Informer

Post by ValWinchester1990 »

I feel like everyone and their mother loves the Makeup Forever HD foundation and it's really nothing special to me. The coverage is ok and the finish isn't super fantastic. I don't think it's worth the price....

MakeupAddict89
Learner
Learner

Post by MakeupAddict89 »

The rebel bloom lipsticks, horrible formula. They are patchy and settle into the lines on my lips, not to mention the one I have has little color payoff.

Loilee
Learner
Learner

Post by Loilee »

LOreal Paris Volume Million Lashes. I bought it a year ago and maybe I got a shitty batch or something because everyone seems to love it. It made my lashes really sticky and weighed down and looking all stubby and gross. :?

noshant
Talker
Talker

Post by noshant »

Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde mascara. Got it in a beauty box recently. It has pretty good reviews online and I saw it got some magazine's readers' choice award. I don't understand how. There are three options: it's either a horrible mascara and people have no idea what they're talking about, I got the only crap one they accidentally made, or I can't apply mascara. The brush doesn't have enough spiky bits, and too much mascara goes on the lashes, so it clumps like crazy on me (when it's supposedly supposed to give volume with no clumps), to the point where I've had to take all my make up off because my mascara looked so terrible. I usually don't mind a bit of clumping. But this was ridiculous.

Vorny13
Learner
Learner

Post by Vorny13 »

noshant wrote:Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde mascara. Got it in a beauty box recently. It has pretty good reviews online and I saw it got some magazine's readers' choice award. I don't understand how. There are three options: it's either a horrible mascara and people have no idea what they're talking about, I got the only crap one they accidentally made, or I can't apply mascara. The brush doesn't have enough spiky bits, and too much mascara goes on the lashes, so it clumps like crazy on me (when it's supposedly supposed to give volume with no clumps), to the point where I've had to take all my make up off because my mascara looked so terrible. I usually don't mind a bit of clumping. But this was ridiculous.
I don't like it either. I got the waterproof one and within an hour or so of applying its on my cheeks. I have extremely dry skin so its not like I have oils making it move. I can make it look ok and not clumpy/spidery if I'm very careful. One extra swipe/wriggle and I have to start again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bexflower
Learner
Learner

Post by bexflower »

Maybelline Baby Lips! Hyped up by bloggers and you tubers despite being THE worst lip balm I've ever seen, if you can ever call it that! Literally does nothing what so ever for your lips.

MakeupAddict89
Learner
Learner

Post by MakeupAddict89 »

burts bees shampoo both the shiny one and moisturizing one. The don't seem to wash your hair at all. You can wash your hair when you go the bed and you wake up with a oil mess that looks unwashed. It's great for moisture, bad if you want your hair to look clean. Plus the moisturizing one smells like cough syrup, yuck!

floraity
Learner
Learner

Post by floraity »

Definitely the Lorac Unzipped (original) palette. Saw tons of beauty gurus rave about it so I ordered it online without swatching the product in store first. Big mistake! The pigmentation is horrible compared to the lorac pro shadows. Definitely a huge disappointment.

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer »

Physicians Formula sexy booster cat eyeliner thing... a part of the new stuff they've been churning out.

It wasn't user friendly in any way, very difficult to gain control and the applicator was oversaturated with product. It has a strong chemical vanilla smell that irritated my eyes and it got all over the place. Returned it for a gift card at CVS, gonna get a loreal lipliner instead...

Chunky_Cocoa
Learner
Learner

Post by Chunky_Cocoa »

ValWinchester1990 wrote:I feel like everyone and their mother loves the Makeup Forever HD foundation and it's really nothing special to me. The coverage is ok and the finish isn't super fantastic. I don't think it's worth the price....
I do and don't like it. The coverage and color match are wonderful, but the formula just leaves me patchy and flaky if I use more than a microscopic speck of it. You're right, though, there are better cheaper foundations out there.

Rimmel Wonder'Lash mascara. It leaves my lashes soft and separated, which is nice, but...that's it. No volume, no length, nada.

Physician's Formula Oh So Sexy Eye Quad. Smells amazing, but...that's it. Hardly any pigment, blends away to nothing.

I can't remember exactly what they're called, but the NYX glitter liners. They flake off within an hour and go on gloopy.

The new Wet n Wild blushes through the Fergie line. Gorgeous blushes, but the packaging is SO crappy! I dropped one from a height of maybe a couple feet, and the blush completely shattered and exploded everywhere.

Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede lip colors. They are supposed to be moisturizing? But they go on SO matte even over lip balm and make my lips peel. Couture is a gorgeous color, but the formula makes boycotting Revlon so easy.

Return to “Make up & Beauty Discussion”