MakeupGeekTV

yokaira
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Makeupgeek

Post by yokaira »

SingMeToSleep wrote:She needs to stop saying her skin is fair. She clearly has a medium toned. In her new rocker chic tutorial her eye shadow looks greasy and gross, her lips are horrible, and you could never wear that outfit to a concert.

I'm sorry to disagree with you but I don't think she's medium toned at all, I think she's pretty fair

kathpt
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: Makeupgeek

Post by kathpt »

yokaira wrote:
I'm sorry to disagree with you but I don't think she's medium toned at all, I think she's pretty fair
IDK if she tans, but her face never matches the rest of her body. At least in videos. She's definitely not fair skinned.

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: MakeupGeekTV

Post by Fat Shark »

Uh oh, someone's been lurking! :ninja:

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

AWarmPlace
Informer
Informer

Post by AWarmPlace »

I say that, if anything, her personality's shrunk along with her stomach.
There is a thin, semantic, line separating weird and beautiful, and that line is covered in jellyfish.

AWarmPlace
Informer
Informer

Post by AWarmPlace »

Also, what's with the #changed? I know it's not real, but why on earth would you # something that, in context, is supposedly offensive? Is that like even a real hashtag? Do people go out and say "I'VE #CHANGED AND GOTTEN A LOT OF PLASTIC SURGERY"? Why must the world be so confusing? :grrrr:
There is a thin, semantic, line separating weird and beautiful, and that line is covered in jellyfish.

unluckylolli
Talker
Talker

Post by unluckylolli »

Marlena is in her 30s and throws the word "hater" around WAY too much. That post does nothing for her except make her look like a petulant child. The thing that gets me most about her throwing that word around is that it is very often not even directed toward someone that is overtly against her. If anyone constructively criticizes anything she does, they're a "hater". Instead of listening and giving it some thought, she just blankets anyone who doesn't fawn over her every move as a hater. I'm really sick of that word. "So suck it, haters." Congrats, you just made yourself sound like a 13 year old spoiled brat that has been told no for the first time. This is quite an achievement. I've always liked Marlena, it's just with this recent spurt of cosmedic procedures and the fact that she can't take a modicum of critique, it's getting harder and harder to like her (not so much because of the stuff she's doing to her face, but that still kills me because she was so beautiful before). I've only been a subscriber for 3 years and bought some of her makeup stuff, but she won't care. She has 600,000 other people to disappoint now.

gossip_girl
Informer
Informer

Post by gossip_girl »

This girl is constantly addressing her haters. Well, I don't know the gurus other than the ones listed and xsparkage, Goss, and a handful of others, but on instagram the girl has sent EVERYONE her eyeshadows which is why I wonder how this CEO of no board earns a profit. She's sent her eyeshadows to some of the top makeup gurus on foreign channels and blogs as well. It's weird because it seems like she is her own worst critic so why bother with haters. Newsflash! we ALL change. That's called life and maturing. It's the method of change. Some change for the better, some for the worse, but rarely does time stand still for the majority of people. Maybe she's changed in a way that's valid. Just because people don't like/agree with her doesn't mean their haters. She needs to realize as a business woman she will face her share of critics. That's why she left Model Mayhem, they told her she wasn't up to par as an MUA. They didn't hate on her at all. #dummy

Flaffy22
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Flaffy22 »

unluckylolli wrote:Marlena is in her 30s and throws the word "hater" around WAY too much. That post does nothing for her except make her look like a petulant child. The thing that gets me most about her throwing that word around is that it is very often not even directed toward someone that is overtly against her. If anyone constructively criticizes anything she does, they're a "hater". Instead of listening and giving it some thought, she just blankets anyone who doesn't fawn over her every move as a hater. I'm really sick of that word. "So suck it, haters." Congrats, you just made yourself sound like a 13 year old spoiled brat that has been told no for the first time. This is quite an achievement. I've always liked Marlena, it's just with this recent spurt of cosmedic procedures and the fact that she can't take a modicum of critique, it's getting harder and harder to like her (not so much because of the stuff she's doing to her face, but that still kills me because she was so beautiful before). I've only been a subscriber for 3 years and bought some of her makeup stuff, but she won't care. She has 600,000 other people to disappoint now.
Couldn't she say "critics"? lol I always associate the word "Hater" with nerdy white teenagers trying to sound street.

''Oh Hai Mark''

"O'at for a rip are ya' baud?"

whoawhoawhoa

Post by whoawhoawhoa »

i don't really follow her, but every video that i've seen of hers gives me this "i'm showing off my success" vibe.
to name them off the top of my head:
-weight loss: oh good for you losing weight yay... oh damn you're really doing it... oh damn you're still doing it.
tummy tuck updates: great job losing weight, we can empathize, but what about the rest of us who can't afford a tummy tuck?
-how to start your own makeup line: cool tips. let me just get to the makeup lab down the block real quick.
-closet/jewelry organization: oh wow, you have assistants... a lot of them...
-every other video: how many assistants do you have????

AWarmPlace
Informer
Informer

Post by AWarmPlace »

Too many.

She has too many fucking assistants. :|

Probs needs one to wipe her butt for her or something.

Vojvodkinja
Debater
Debater

Post by Vojvodkinja »

AWarmPlace wrote:Too many.

Well, she DOES have a large butt.
"Love of beauty is Taste. The creation of beauty is Art." Ralph Waldo

ilovesparklez

Post by ilovesparklez »

unluckylolli wrote:Marlena is in her 30s and throws the word "hater" around WAY too much. That post does nothing for her except make her look like a petulant child. The thing that gets me most about her throwing that word around is that it is very often not even directed toward someone that is overtly against her. If anyone constructively criticizes anything she does, they're a "hater". Instead of listening and giving it some thought, she just blankets anyone who doesn't fawn over her every move as a hater. I'm really sick of that word. "So suck it, haters." Congrats, you just made yourself sound like a 13 year old spoiled brat that has been told no for the first time. This is quite an achievement. I've always liked Marlena, it's just with this recent spurt of cosmedic procedures and the fact that she can't take a modicum of critique, it's getting harder and harder to like her (not so much because of the stuff she's doing to her face, but that still kills me because she was so beautiful before). I've only been a subscriber for 3 years and bought some of her makeup stuff, but she won't care. She has 600,000 other people to disappoint now.
I'm in the same boat. I was a huge fan of hers for 3 or so years and bought about $120 worth of her makeup. She can't own up to the fact that she's changed. She really HAS changed, not grown. How is growing up when you say, "suck it, haters"? (how very 13 year old of her)...when those "haters" are the people who have supported you and gotten you to where you are today? She even said she couldn't have done it without her viewers. Well those "haters" ARE her viewers, whether past or present. Marlena, you act more conceited, you aren't as humble as you were - THAT is what we have seen change.

It's like this business has put an ego-flame under her butt and she just has to keep it burning. I loooooved her, and I am so sad to see how much she has changed.

BE A BIG GIRL AND OWN UP TO YOUR CHANGE. I changed in the past year and it was all for the better. I've learned to change my paranoid thoughts to positive thoughts. I've started getting my life together and am going to school again. I HAVE GROWN. Not you, Marlena. Just because YOUR VIEWERS helped fund your business, doesn't mean that it was all you and that you are all-deserving of it. Sure, you made videos. They were very good. But now, this whole thing has inflamed your ego and you actually make yourself hard to like. Be a big girl, not a bratty spoiled girl.

I am so disappointed. Change can mean growth. Growth can mean change. Same difference.

So...

#CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED
#CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED #CHANGED

...how you feel now?

There's nothing worse than a person who can't own up to their faults or mistakes.

whoawhoawhoa

Post by whoawhoawhoa »

Vojvodkinja wrote:

ASSistants(sorry, i am immature)

AWarmPlace
Informer
Informer

Post by AWarmPlace »

Vojvodkinja wrote:

Touché.

or should I say TUSHY OOOOOHHHHHHH

syllabub

Post by syllabub »

AWarmPlace wrote:
Vojvodkinja wrote:

Touché.

She really is becoming the butt of all jokes isn't she.

AWarmPlace
Informer
Informer

Post by AWarmPlace »

syllabub wrote:
AWarmPlace wrote:
Vojvodkinja wrote:

Touché.

She really is becoming the butt of all jokes isn't she.

Must be a pain in her behind. If only she would stop being so anal about people who harASS her for changing.

AWarmPlace
Informer
Informer

Post by AWarmPlace »

Are we out of butt synonyms yet or do I have to try and come up with something for keester

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

LMAO! @ the butt jokes.

I thought Marlena's deal was that she was still the same down to earth girl people loved back when she started YT. So she admits she's not the same person? I think she doesn't get that a person can change in certain ways but still remain at their core the same, and that will show through to her subscribers. We all change over time, but our personalities pretty much stay intact.
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Flaffy22
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Flaffy22 »

lol Someone called Marlena out on Instagram about her plastic surgery stating "change is good but surgery, botox and fillers are not" ect. and Marlena replied claiming to have had no plastic surgery other than the tummy tuck to "remove excess skin" (of course). Oh typical Marlena, I absolutely knew she would deny it.

http://instagram.com/p/c4f80Jyi_O/
''Oh Hai Mark''

"O'at for a rip are ya' baud?"

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clairebear »

Oh god this "CEO and makeup educator" is really telling haters to suck it? She has the mentality of a 12 year old.

She just tripped up on her lies on her #changed instagram post and said she had botox "2 years ago" then says it wasn't for her then said that she mentioned in one video she had lip injection. This is after she said she only had the two surgeries for "excess skin" and nothing else. TOTAL LIAR. Then she says she's never been rude to her subbies? She's been a straight beeyotch to any one who doesn't kiss her big old butt. She'll probably go and delete these comments she made so people will keep believing in perfect frozen face Marlena. What a trainwreck, her surgeon needs to send her to a therapist. She's changed for the worst in every way.

Return to “MakeupGeekTV”