Brooke Miccio

Seaside22
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Brooke Miccio

Post by Seaside22 »

We all saw it coming, her regretting the working world once she actually had to work. She thought her summer camp orientation was what the grind was really like. Brooke had the same complaints at her QVC internship, she doesn’t want to be the low man on the totem pole. She doesn’t seem to get that you have to work to build cred and your place on the team- it’s not just given to you because you have a YouTube channel. Work is hard and really not fun, but it’s part of life. She also seems to be hanging out less with the crowd she was always with during orientation...

larkspurlurker
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by larkspurlurker »

danny-devito wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:49 pm
i couldn't even get through her video today because she just sounded so depressed when she talked about the mundanity of her job and it was bringing down my mood this morning. what really got to me was when she was saying she thinks she could be doing something better with her time, but she talks herself out of it because she's building up her resume and making money. like, is that what you think is most important to do with your life? what about like... doing something you're passionate about? i get wanting a good resume to better prepare you for the future, and money is a necessity, but is that worth sacrificing your happiness? it'd be one thing if she had no other choices, but brooke has money and connections. she'd be fine working any type of job, so why spend every day working for a company you have no attachment to, doing work you feel isn't beneficial to the world or yourself outside of "i'm building up my resume and making money"? not that i think she should quit her job because she felt like this once, but if that's something she continues to feel i really wish she would figure out what exactly brings her joy and pursue that instead.
I completely agree although I'm not surprised. Did she really think selling B2B tech would fulfill her?

beenwatchingtoolong
Learner
Learner

Post by beenwatchingtoolong »

Holy shit the new podcast was so incredibly cringey and awkward to listen to. Brooke, shut the fuck up. You’re seriously beginning to dig yourself in such a hole. If your viewers/listeners are catching on, then clearly the people you work with/are friends w in Boston who know you more are catching on. It’s a bad look and it going to bite you in the ass BIGGGGG TIME. Also danielle is soooo done with brooke’s complaining. She literally cut her off so many times and did not give a fuck. Also more digs to brooke about so many things. I give this pod another year and then it’s over. If I were brooke and I realized how badly danielle treated her and made her sound on the pod, I’d dip. But that residual income thooooooo. That’s all they care about.

Post by Guest »

I thought it was super mean how Danielle basically told her if she ever gets married a few episodes back. I’m not going to go into detail on the podcast because I don’t listen to it anymore. It’s just a bad look if you’re lowkey dissing your cohost. Why is Brooke letting a girl younger than her bully her?

Brooke needs to stop complaining about coworkers AND job related stuff on the internet. Her boss might not be watching but her coworkers are. A coworker can act like they’re your friends but behind your back they can be telling your manager shit about you. It HAPPENS especially in a competitive environment. She has never worked before so she wouldn’t know.

Also, she just took a job with Oracle because her school basically got her the job. It wasn’t something she was interested in.

jadorexo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jadorexo »

larkspurlurker wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:34 pm
youtube_obsessed843 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:46 pm
My point is, the rich truly don't care. They have the kind of money where things like their spin class of choice or what pasta they eat really don't affect them in any way...despite having highly educated backgrounds and funds to sway political opinion if they wanted. It's a sad reality that I see up close and personal everyday. Sure, we can all boycott a particular tampon, but you quickly realize this wont do much when you're up against people who can donate 3 million dollars in a single afternoon.
I think this is very true, but it also seems like a strategically poor move for Brooke to post a video about Soul immediately after negative news breaking. I think it is hypocritical for her to come up with excuses about using Wayfair stuff and then post this video with 0 disclaimers. Either be a socially conscious consumer or don't (Danielle, for example, is clearly not) but don't try to use either side when it suits you.
brooke doesn't care about even the wayfair stuff. she just added that disclaimer to LOOK GOOD to her subscribers. i'm not saying this is bad and most every other 22 year old does not care about fast fashion. let's just hope brooke doesn't get tangled in her lies of whoever she is trying to pretend to be

Post by Guest »

ceebee wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:59 pm
I thought it was super mean how Danielle basically told her if she ever gets married a few episodes back. I’m not going to go into detail on the podcast because I don’t listen to it anymore. It’s just a bad look if you’re lowkey dissing your cohost. Why is Brooke letting a girl younger than her bully her?

Brooke needs to stop complaining about coworkers AND job related stuff on the internet. Her boss might not be watching but her coworkers are. A coworker can act like they’re your friends but behind your back they can be telling your manager shit about you. It HAPPENS especially in a competitive environment. She has never worked before so she wouldn’t know.

Also, she just took a job with Oracle because her school basically got her the job. It wasn’t something she was interested in.
Honestly she shouldn't be friends with her coworkers. I've learned this lesson the hard way. You can be nice and cordial, you can bring them cookies on their birthday, you can ask about their spouses/children. You shouldn't drink with them, invite them to your house, or engage with them outside of work (with the exception of lunch/happy hour). Brooke should focus on finding a friend-group outside of work. Because when you poison your office well, you're always gonna feel thirsty.

Solcool2
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Solcool2 »

larkspurlurker wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:25 pm
danny-devito wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:49 pm
i couldn't even get through her video today because she just sounded so depressed when she talked about the mundanity of her job and it was bringing down my mood this morning. what really got to me was when she was saying she thinks she could be doing something better with her time, but she talks herself out of it because she's building up her resume and making money. like, is that what you think is most important to do with your life? what about like... doing something you're passionate about? i get wanting a good resume to better prepare you for the future, and money is a necessity, but is that worth sacrificing your happiness? it'd be one thing if she had no other choices, but brooke has money and connections. she'd be fine working any type of job, so why spend every day working for a company you have no attachment to, doing work you feel isn't beneficial to the world or yourself outside of "i'm building up my resume and making money"? not that i think she should quit her job because she felt like this once, but if that's something she continues to feel i really wish she would figure out what exactly brings her joy and pursue that instead.
I completely agree although I'm not surprised. Did she really think selling B2B tech would fulfill her?
She has to realize not everyone is “fulfilled” by their day to day jobs... people work because they have to to live. She has it good though, hope she powers through bc she’s lucky she got a good job out of school and still has her yt and still gets tons of free stuff so barely has to buy things that others have to buy.

gooroo
Debater
Debater

Post by gooroo »

I definitely agree that work is work, and it is not going to be all fun and games all the time. Or even a majority of the time. That being said, it does really confuse me that Brooke would choose to upend her entire life for a job in tech software sales..? Like why couldn't she look for a job that interested her more, even doing business admin for a beauty or apparel company? Her choice still feels so random, especially because it's not like she was unemployed for a while and accepted whatever job would take her.

Post by Guest »

Happy_one wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:20 am
is that hermes bracelet that she wears is it still sold by Hermes?
Yes

Firefly1111
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Firefly1111 »

Sometimes you gotta see the bigger picture. She's learning skills, she's making contacts and she has an income that allows her a pretty good lifestyle. Maybe, rather than or in addition to going to SouCycle, she should volunteer somewhere, to see what other people deal with on a daily basis. Life is all about perspective.

georgia_skye
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by georgia_skye »

I might be living under a rock but what was she talking about when she mentioned some Walmart situation in her latest vlog?? I even looked up the news and couldn't find anything..

RachelRatface
Informer
Informer

Post by RachelRatface »

Brooke said at some point that she chose to take her job because of the money and incentives. I doubt she really considered what her days would be like, cold-calling businesses to sell software.

Firefly1111
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Firefly1111 »

RachelRatface wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:16 am
Brooke said at some point that she chose to take her job because of the money and incentives. I doubt she really considered what her days would be like, cold-calling businesses to sell software.
Not Brooke related, but your profile pic is goals.

Seaside22
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Seaside22 »

Happy_one wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:53 am
georgia_skye wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:21 am
I might be living under a rock but what was she talking about when she mentioned some Walmart situation in her latest vlog?? I even looked up the news and couldn't find anything..
there is no walmart in the boston area
There are several... Boston is definitely more of a Target town. Quincy, Saugus, Lynn, Framingham aren’t that far though if you really need a Walmart for some reason...

Firefly1111
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Firefly1111 »

Happy_one wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:37 am
Seaside22 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:02 am
Happy_one wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:53 am
georgia_skye wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:21 am
there is no walmart in the boston area
There are several... Boston is definitely more of a Target town. Quincy, Saugus, Lynn, Framingham aren’t that far though if you really need a Walmart for some reason...
Thank you. I need to move to Boston.
We all should, and take Newbury Street by storm wearing 50$ Gals on the Go t-shirts.

jadorexo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jadorexo »

brooke, since i know you read this forum, i'm going to suggest some easy ways for you to make new friends in boston outside of work. hoping to make friends at soulcycle or orange theory is not an option because everyone in boston is so stuck up and keeps to themselves and their friends

- join your Boston alumni sorority chapter
- join UGA's Boston alumni chapter
- volunteer at a local animal shelter
- join junior league
- join a co-ed social sports league like kickball, soccer or volleyball
- DATE a lot !!!
- make friends with gretchen's friends if you actually like them
- see if any of your hometown friends or college friends have hometown or college friends in boston they can introduce you too

RachelRatface
Informer
Informer

Post by RachelRatface »

I do think that Brooke has a lot on her plate with essentially two full-time jobs. Nothing with either of her work schedules is going to change, though.

buzzinnn
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by buzzinnn »

jadorexo wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:38 pm
brooke, since i know you read this forum, i'm going to suggest some easy ways for you to make new friends in boston outside of work. hoping to make friends at soulcycle or orange theory is not an option because everyone in boston is so stuck up and keeps to themselves and their friends

- join junior league
- DATE a lot !!!
- see if any of your hometown friends or college friends have hometown or college friends in boston they can introduce you too
What friends does Gretchen have besides Taylor? It looks like she dropped all her friends for that bf of hers. I mean she even dropped her cousin Mande. 🤷🏽‍♀️ Maybe Luisa but she’s still in college. It seems like her big Natalie is also doing her own thing with her boyfriend. A lot of people I know join the sports league where I live after college but I don’t think Brooke is a sports person. I agree I think she needs to stop hanging out with her coworkers every weekend. It kinda gets old constantly being with them. I’ve never done it but I’ve seen people alone at bars when it’s a busy bar. Like standing around the bar area and if you’re a girl you can just get a guy to talk to you. I was at a bar on Sunday with friends and the guy next to me was with his friends but was still talking to me. Maybe she can even do that. I’ve never gone to a bar alone but people do and she can just talk to the people next to her or the bartender lol.

jadorexo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jadorexo »

buzzinnn wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:33 pm
jadorexo wrote:

- join junior league
- DATE a lot !!!
What friends does Gretchen have besides Taylor? It looks like she dropped all her friends for that bf of hers. I mean she even dropped her cousin Mande. 🤷🏽‍♀️ Maybe Luisa but she’s still in college. It seems like her big Natalie is also doing her own thing with her boyfriend. A lot of people I know join the sports league where I live after college but I don’t think Brooke is a sports person. I agree I think she needs to stop hanging out with her coworkers every weekend. It kinda gets old constantly being with them. I’ve never done it but I’ve seen people alone at bars when it’s a busy bar. Like standing around the bar area and if you’re a girl you can just get a guy to talk to you. I was at a bar on Sunday with friends and the guy next to me was with his friends but was still talking to me. Maybe she can even do that. I’ve never gone to a bar alone but people do and she can just talk to the people next to her or the bartender lol.
Maybe I'm making a drastic assumption, but I think that if Gretchen wanted to have a last minute girls night out she could easily get 8-10 girls to come out in Boston.

My other novel idea (you're welcome Brooke) is if Brooke likes Natalie Barbu's boyfriend she could hang out with him and his roommates. I don't know much about Natalie's boyfriend but it seems as if they have a nice apartment and like to drink and probably are social and going out. Plus, I'm sure Natalie will be up visiting Boston a lot.

buzzinnn
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by buzzinnn »

jadorexo wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:24 pm
buzzinnn wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:33 pm
jadorexo wrote:

- join junior league
- DATE a lot !!!
Maybe I'm making a drastic assumption, but I think that if Gretchen wanted to have a last minute girls night out she could easily get 8-10 girls to come out in Boston.

My other novel idea (you're welcome Brooke) is if Brooke likes Natalie Barbu's boyfriend she could hang out with him and his roommates. I don't know much about Natalie's boyfriend but it seems as if they have a nice apartment and like to drink and probably are social and going out. Plus, I'm sure Natalie will be up visiting Boston a lot.
I think hanging out with Natalie’s boyfriend is kinda weird. Well we know Gretchen doesn’t go anywhere only with Max. She also only talks to Brooke whenever she’s alone. So, when her college friends move to BU she’ll be with them. Wasn’t she hyping up Bumble BFF she can go find friends on that app.

Return to “Brooke Miccio”