Eugenia Cooney Part 2

LipstickLashes
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Eugenia Cooney Part 2

Post by LipstickLashes »

Her kidneys must be SO damaged. Surely she is in some pain? I mean the fact she stands up a lot on her streams must also be linked to her lack of flesh and muscle on her ass.

randomMcRandom
Informer
Informer

Post by randomMcRandom »

LipstickLashes wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:52 am
Her kidneys must be SO damaged. Surely she is in some pain? I mean the fact she stands up a lot on her streams must also be linked to her lack of flesh and muscle on her ass.
YUP! She never drinks water. People talk about watching 7 hours live streams of her (dunno how they do that, but they do) and she's in front of hte camera the whole time -- no water, no going to the bathroom, nothing. Her kidneys are fried from that abuse.

She's also likely in a lot of pain. Her bones constantly pressing against things with no padding. her organs screaming for nutrition and proper care. But most addicts that are deep into physical-addictions (drugs, alcohol, eating disorders, etc) that they don't even remember what it's like to wake up in the morning and NOT feel like they've been hit by a truck.

Post by Guest »

So she's still doing the 'not drinking anything during her streams' bs?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

moonlightprincess
Learner
Learner

Post by moonlightprincess »

FallOut89 wrote: So she's still doing the 'not drinking anything during her streams' bs?

It's honestly strange even from an ED perspective. Water has no calories and can curb appetite. Doesn't really make sense to me. But then again most of her actions don't :/

randomMcRandom
Informer
Informer

Post by randomMcRandom »

moonlightprincess wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:31 pm
It's honestly strange even from an ED perspective. Water has no calories and can curb appetite. Doesn't really make sense to me. But then again most of her actions don't :/
I've heard of this before. Anorexic/body dysmorphic women not wanting to drink water because it "bloats" or "makes my stomach look huge"

Ammnesia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Ammnesia »

Guest wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:14 pm
moonlightprincess wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:31 pm
Water is also a huge requirement in the bodily processes involved in burning fat, so drinking more water would actually help with her "goals".

But eating disorders are not logical, and people with them sometimes stop drinking water because they are afraid it will somehow make them fatter/heavier/bloated, etc.
Maybe it's the whole swallowing thing? I forgot the show on netflix but it was about illnesses that were undiagnosed and a lady on there had a mental illness where she couldn't swallow. She had to use a feeding tube and would chew and spit out her food. Was linked to sexual abuse as a child

SoSueMe
Informer
Informer

Post by SoSueMe »

Guest wrote:
moonlightprincess wrote: It's honestly strange even from an ED perspective. Water has no calories and can curb appetite. Doesn't really make sense to me. But then again most of her actions don't :/
Water is also a huge requirement in the bodily processes involved in burning fat, so drinking more water would actually help with her "goals".

But eating disorders are not logical, and people with them sometimes stop drinking water because they are afraid it will somehow make them fatter/heavier/bloated, etc.
At the height of my ED I stopped drinking water. My therapist gave me an ultimatum whereby I had to drink a cup of water in front of him or he wouldn't treat me anymore, as without fluids my brain wasn't functional enough to engage in treatment.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Citrouille
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Citrouille »

moonlightprincess wrote:
FallOut89 wrote: So she's still doing the 'not drinking anything during her streams' bs?

You have clearly never had an ED and are not speaking from an ED perspective.
1. Most anorexics LIKE to feel hungry. They don't want to feel full. The same is true for bulimics. I know that when I feel full I want to throw up so I can feel empty again. Hunger= good. I personally hate drinking a lot because it makes me feel full even if I know it's not fat and I'm not anorexic (but I do have eating problems).
2. Water bloats and adds weight (and makes you feel full). I assume Eugenia, much like myself and many other people, weighs herself every single day. A glass of water can make a difference. I know of some coaches in the sport I used to do that used to forbid girls drink water before competition because it makes the belly stick out.

Denise0211
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Denise0211 »

Citrouille wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:52 am
moonlightprincess wrote: It's honestly strange even from an ED perspective. Water has no calories and can curb appetite. Doesn't really make sense to me. But then again most of her actions don't :/
You have clearly never had an ED and are not speaking from an ED perspective.
1. Most anorexics LIKE to feel hungry. They don't want to feel full. The same is true for bulimics. I know that when I feel full I want to throw up so I can feel empty again. Hunger= good. I personally hate drinking a lot because it makes me feel full even if I know it's not fat and I'm not anorexic (but I do have eating problems).
2. Water bloats and adds weight (and makes you feel full). I assume Eugenia, much like myself and many other people, weighs herself every single day. A glass of water can make a difference. I know of some coaches in the sport I used to do that used to forbid girls drink water before competition because it makes the belly stick out.
Which if people were rational , which "Geenie" is not, would know drinking enough water flushes you out. It's called 'water weight' because one's body is clinging to it for life and is not expelling. The more you down, the more it goes out. That is why model agents will tell girls who have partied too much to drink 1 to 1.5 GALLONS daily, for a day or 2, without eating, to get rid of the bloat.

Eugenia is just rotting from the inside out.

TacyCollini
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TacyCollini »

Omg...the level of denial with her. She was "planning on getting help"... :roll:

Her mom is the cause, it's not a secret. She enables Eugenia, because shes a cash-cow. I think even Kati sees it, but knows this collab will draw in the viewers. Eugenia is so naive, she doesnt see how shes being exploited.

herbata
Informer
Informer

Post by herbata »

TacyCollini wrote:Omg...the level of denial with her. She was "planning on getting help"... :roll:

Her mom is the cause, it's not a secret. She enables Eugenia, because shes a cash-cow. I think even Kati sees it, but knows this collab will draw in the viewers. Eugenia is so naive, she doesnt see how shes being exploited.

I *really* dont like this Kati lady, I dont trust her at all and I think she’s just using Eugenia for views which is sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

best_audrina
Debater
Debater

Post by best_audrina »

just put the video on and for some reason the Shane merch being on such display gives me weird feelings....idk...

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

best_audrina
Debater
Debater

Post by best_audrina »

TacyCollini wrote:Omg...the level of denial with her. She was "planning on getting help"... :roll:

sorry for the double post but I'm about halfway thru a d yes I think kati is using eugenia for the views but I think this is also some pr stuff for eugenia (well her mom) and trying to make jaclyn and her friends seem like liars. I think this is also calculated on the eugenia front tbh (maybe by her mother and not eugenia specifically)

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

karmaviolet
Learner
Learner

Post by karmaviolet »

it’s so annoying when people are trying to make eugenia into this big mental health advocate when she’s obviously so deep in denial about the actual state of the issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fauxfox
Informer
Informer

Post by fauxfox »

It makes me sad to see that this person - who has obviously been suffering from severe anorexia for YEARS and went down to looking like a literal skeleton - had ONE MONTH of inpatient treatment and now "like, doesn't do therapy like regularly or anything but there's this one counselor who was really nice and I text her sometimes"...and that's her recovery plan. She is a black hole of mental issues and should be in therapy 3-5 times a week, and that's just to give her a chance of surviving this. It's sad that she's so overindulged (or whatever it is) by the people around her.

P.S. Yes, she does come from money. I believe her house in LA is her father's and the house (mansion) in CT is her parents' (or one of theirs) - they're divorced, right? Neither of the houses belong to her. Must be rough to be dependent on toxic parents, but that's definitely a factor here.

theongreyjoy
Debater
Debater

Post by theongreyjoy »

This is well worth watching
Sit back and enjoy your problems, you don't always have to solve 'em :toss:

hrcfan89
Learner
Learner

Post by hrcfan89 »

People like Kati are why I have a hard time trusting mental health professionals. Just because someone has a degree in psychology doesn't mean they're automatically any safer to trust at your most vulnerable than your average person. There are a lot of shady, untrustworthy mental health professionals out there who are shitty at their jobs, and Kati is proving herself to be one of them. I'm not entirely surprised because I've always gotten a weird vibe from her, but the audacity to make a video like this when there are screenshots of her being the literal exact person who encouraged the intervention is unbelievable.

fauxfox
Informer
Informer

Post by fauxfox »

That's a pretty good analysis, indeed (thanks for sharing!) - although (based solely on those screenshots of the comments from her) I disagree that Kati was "complicit" in Eugenia's 5150. Kati's comments said that her doctor or therapist could 5150 her, and that it would be best to get her out of the house and to have her consult with a doctor or a PET team - "whatever she is open to" - that's pretty different from staging a surprise intervention that gets someone unwillingly dragged off to a psych ward at some seemingly seedy LA hospital. It's obvious that the treatment in CT was required pursuant to the terms of dropping the 5150 hold, and once she completed that requirement, she was out - because she was never voluntarily ready for treatment in the first place. I'm sure Kati's seen enough to know that that's a typical outcome under those circumstances. She also probably knows it wasn't a great idea to take such an emotionally stunted (but wealthy and spoiled) princess and throw her into a hospital with poor people struggling with psychosis, but who knows - maybe Kati did think the 5150 was warranted, despite her "oh no, I'm so sorry that happened to you!" reaction about it in the video with Eugenia. The only lessons Eugenia learned from that were probably to not trust people outside of her family and to be more diligent in hiding her disorder.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure why Kati made that video with Eugenia. Despite her experience treating people with eating disorders, I think she's way out of her depth with this girl, because Eugenia's issues are so much more than just that. My feeling throughout the video was that Kati was just being a good listener and letting this (very mentally unwell) person tell her version of the story, politely encouraging her, but there could've easily been a second video of Kati by herself, in her capacity as a mental health professional, analyzing the video and pointing out all the lies, denial and red flags (she did it once, when she noted how often Eugenia grins). Granted, that would've been a very cruel thing to do, so I'm not saying that she should've, but without that second video, it makes it seem to us that Kati is just enabling her. I can only hope she's helping her more in private.

This whole thing is so frustrating for me - the continuing drama and public spectacle of it all. I've personally known women who died from anorexia, women who were rich, privileged, had access to every possible resource - it didn't matter. This is an illness that turns you against yourself, and when you don't care what happens to you, it's nearly impossible to get better. So she'll keep making videos, and people will make outraged videos ABOUT those videos and 'round and 'round we go - but at the end of the day, sadly, it probably won't make a difference for this particular girl unless there's some huge external shake-up to her life that really motivates her to take responsibility for herself (and I'm talking about something huge like a family member dying, not another video collab with Shane Dawson). The silver lining is that maybe, MAYBE all of this will help someone else.

Justadog
Learner
Learner

Post by Justadog »

fauxfox wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:27 am
That's a pretty good analysis, indeed (thanks for sharing!) - although (based solely on those screenshots of the comments from her) I disagree that Kati was "complicit" in Eugenia's 5150. Kati's comments said that her doctor or therapist could 5150 her, and that it would be best to get her out of the house and to have her consult with a doctor or a PET team - "whatever she is open to" - that's pretty different from staging a surprise intervention that gets someone unwillingly dragged off to a psych ward at some seemingly seedy LA hospital. It's obvious that the treatment in CT was required pursuant to the terms of dropping the 5150 hold, and once she completed that requirement, she was out - because she was never voluntarily ready for treatment in the first place. I'm sure Kati's seen enough to know that that's a typical outcome under those circumstances. She also probably knows it wasn't a great idea to take such an emotionally stunted (but wealthy and spoiled) princess and throw her into a hospital with poor people struggling with psychosis, but who knows - maybe Kati did think the 5150 was warranted, despite her "oh no, I'm so sorry that happened to you!" reaction about it in the video with Eugenia. The only lessons Eugenia learned from that were probably to not trust people outside of her family and to be more diligent in hiding her disorder.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure why Kati made that video with Eugenia. Despite her experience treating people with eating disorders, I think she's way out of her depth with this girl, because Eugenia's issues are so much more than just that. My feeling throughout the video was that Kati was just being a good listener and letting this (very mentally unwell) person tell her version of the story, politely encouraging her, but there could've easily been a second video of Kati by herself, in her capacity as a mental health professional, analyzing the video and pointing out all the lies, denial and red flags (she did it once, when she noted how often Eugenia grins). Granted, that would've been a very cruel thing to do, so I'm not saying that she should've, but without that second video, it makes it seem to us that Kati is just enabling her. I can only hope she's helping her more in private.

This whole thing is so frustrating for me - the continuing drama and public spectacle of it all. I've personally known women who died from anorexia, women who were rich, privileged, had access to every possible resource - it didn't matter. This is an illness that turns you against yourself, and when you don't care what happens to you, it's nearly impossible to get better. So she'll keep making videos, and people will make outraged videos ABOUT those videos and 'round and 'round we go - but at the end of the day, sadly, it probably won't make a difference for this particular girl unless there's some huge external shake-up to her life that really motivates her to take responsibility for herself (and I'm talking about something huge like a family member dying, not another video collab with Shane Dawson). The silver lining is that maybe, MAYBE all of this will help someone else.
I have typically not been a big fan of Kati but I actually really appreciated her in this video. I am in recovery from anorexia and sometimes when people felt helpless to help me they would do extreme things that really didnt help, no where near as extreme as a 5150. Like once my mom followed me into the bathroom and forced me to weigh myself in front of her out of no where when I had only ever denied having a problem. It's a small thing but even now i remember how unsafe it made me feel. Eugenia is clearly not in recovery and never was. So as good intentioned as I'm sure jaclyn and co were, it didnt really help.

I get the impression that the only way to form a relationship with Eugenia right now is to collab on a video. Kati is friends with Shane so Eugenia trusts her. I think the amount Kati was able to help Eugenia open up does show that Eugenia trusts her and I thought Kati was a helpful ear, gently suggesting things like "the first time" someone goes into treatment it can be scary. And then I'm sure they can talk more off camera too. I'm hoping that this is all part of a larger attempt at helping Eugenia get the courage and strength to recognize she needs help. Which I think may be harder than ever because now she has admitted she HAD a problem but it's all good now.

randomMcRandom
Informer
Informer

Post by randomMcRandom »

TacyCollini wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:47 pm
Omg...the level of denial with her. She was "planning on getting help"... :roll:
The mantra of every addict: "I was GOING to get help!!! I was just gonna get high one more time and then I was going to get help and then you AMBUSH me with this intervention like some kind of criminal!!!" Meanwhile the addict's arms are covered in open sores from years of shared needles. "I was going to get help!"

Just like the "I'm not an alcoholic! I can quit any time. I just WANT to chug half a handle of vodka right now, not because I'm addicted but because you're stressing me out with all this crazy talk!"

Just like the anorexic claims they didn't realize it had gotten that bad and oh I wear if I'd just KNOWN how bad it was I woulda gotten help a long time ago but no one told me!!!" When people have been expressing deep, tearful concern for YEARS.

You wanna see the face of an addict in denial, it's Eugenia. In fact her Part 3 on this site should call that out: Eugenia Cooney: In Severe Denial of her Eating Disorder, part 3.

Return to “Eugenia Cooney”