Lazy Moon / MeowItsLethargic(and allergic) - Part 3

Re: Lazy Moon / MeowItsLethargic(and allergic) - Part 3

Post by Guest »

"Finally some time to watch Lucy videos. Oh no, looks like she made that choice for me..."

just love how she goes "I dont have time to watch videos - and i watch loads of videoes, so i didnt think anybody else would". So bc you are busy and cant watch other creators, that implies that im also busy? Holidays are often prime uploading times seeing as more people are off school and work. And she wonder why she is struggling with views and growing? She would have been better off saying that 'ive been so busy lately i havent had time to upload a video' instead of putting the blame on viewers being 'too busy to watch her videos so why on earth even bother putting up a video'.

Lucy, WAKE UP CALL! Your channel is slowly dying and you are not doing anything about it.

witchpaws
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by witchpaws »

I came here to complain about that post as well! This is the one week where most people are sitting around doing nothing, I’ve watched every one of Hannah Wittons Vlognakuh videos out of boredom! If she’d just said she was taking the week off for Christmas no one would mind
Hannah may not be everyone’s cup of tea but she put so much more effort into everything she does, like she recently started getting into sustainable fashion and has done thrift hauls, up cycling and tried out a clothing rental service already. Meanwhile Lucy starting making that part of her brand years ago and all she’s done is shop at expensive sustainable brands for a bit and then went back to buying fast fashion because her affiliate links were suffering

holly golightly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by holly golightly »

In her latest video, Lucy's reasoning for why she's taking a month off between December-January was that she had been producing content "solidly for three years".

Girl, on what planet?!

She will upload a couple of mediocre quality videos with a week gap between and then take two months off because she's "burnt out" :roll:

sah6994
Learner
Learner

Post by sah6994 »

So her latest video about doing “too much branded content”... good luck when NO brands now want to work with you in 2020!

Then again, guess that’s another excuse not to upload... or maybe she’s saying this now because she knows no brand deals are lined up for the new year?

Also love how Little Miss sustainability has a whole section on her amazing year of travel!

Tapestry
Debater
Debater

Post by Tapestry »

holly golightly wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:22 am
In her latest video, Lucy's reasoning for why she's taking a month off between December-January was that she had been producing content "solidly for three years".

Girl, on what planet?!
I feel like it's every other month that she states she hasn't stopped producing content since she started her channel and that's why she needs to take a break. What about all the other breaks where she's made this excuse? Insane.

lauraalice
Learner
Learner

Post by lauraalice »

literally so confused as to why she always moans about bad filming lighting. BUY. SOME. LIGHTS.

witchpaws
Informer
Informer

Post by witchpaws »

lauraalice wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:21 am
literally so confused as to why she always moans about bad filming lighting. BUY. SOME. LIGHTS.
You can get ring lights on Amazon for less hen £100, she has no excuse

Post by Guest »

witchpaws wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:10 am
lauraalice wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:21 am
You can get ring lights on Amazon for less hen £100, she has no excuse
Why buy lights when you can move to a new apartment

HaveSomeMilk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by HaveSomeMilk »

when she apologised for her super orange lighting in the video.. I actually thought it looked nice but I'm sure that's because it makes a change from the usual bleached out, over exposed, dull toned set up she normally creates.
God forbid there's any vibrancy in her life.

Not surprised she's always so under inspired. If you live surrounded by beige your life will be beige.

letterspam
Debater
Debater

Post by letterspam »

She is beyond vanilla at this point. She is baking powder. It's really sad and I wish she would do something to bring out her personality, she must have something concealed under all of those layers of what she wishes to be.

I also find it sad that her bio lists absolutely nothing personal. Nothing about her interests, background, personality... cruelty-free is not a personality trait, neither is having a look of neutral tones... there is just nothing there to describe. If I was an influencer I would want to be described maybe as creative, whimsical, book/movie/fashion/something-lover, analytic, political, witty etc. etc. or even less positive traits like ditsy, scatterbrained, temperamental, ANYTHING to suggest a personality. What is Lucy's personality?

witchpaws
Informer
Informer

Post by witchpaws »

That face she was making in her instagram stories is giving me nightmares.

Lammergeier
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Lammergeier »

I love how she can’t remember any facts about some of her favourites. “I’ve been a fan of so-and-so since... ummm... what was the name of her album again?” “This is makeup by uhhh I can’t pronounce it, it has ummm stuff in it, I can’t remember what” You’re FILMING on a topic you ALREADY PREPARED, look it up and do another take! It doesn’t make you look relatable to know nothing, it just makes you look dumb.

Most of her favs are just various face goops. Ok, skincare can be a hobby, but please, read a book... learn something, anything, which isn’t the name of a brand...

milano
Lurker
Lurker

Post by milano »

I really think she needs to give YouTube up and go get a job doing video editing / content creation for some brand she could be earning a much more stable income , could do what she wanted in her life without constant audience scrutiny of her sustainability & opinions and could have a better routine that isn’t gunna leave her flat and depressed all the time . There’s no shame in going and getting a job she can use her skills to enter at a really high level , just redistributing her skills . Just don’t think she has anything to offer YouTube the way she is , the audience scrutiny is obviously wearing her down & she isn’t producing content she actually wants to anyway. May as well be creative for a big brand & make a good salary and enjoy your life without an audience .

Moonbiter
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Moonbiter »

There is no way she is ever going to get a full / part time job. Before lunch she'd be burnt out by the demanding schedule and then want to take a few weeks off to recover. No boss is going to put up with that.
Also her periods are medical emergencies that require at least a week of bed rest.
And how is she ever going to go to festivals if she has to set an alarm for the next day?

booboo11
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by booboo11 »

In Lucy's most recent video she talks about taking 28 days off of work this year as one of her goals (lol).

Pretty hilarious since she does fuck all anyway, but someone commented this which made me giggle: "Hey! What do you do outside of YouTube as a freelancer? I only follow you on here and wondered what you did with the rest of your work time?"

Sweet FA is your answer!

Sorry it wouldn't let me attach a picture.

HaveSomeMilk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by HaveSomeMilk »

I don't understand that part actually.

How do you take "paid leave" as she calls it, as a freelancer?

edit:

just adding, I bet she won't count the time off she already took for this year... guaranteed she means 28 days off aside from the days already taken in january
Last edited by HaveSomeMilk on Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

witchpaws
Informer
Informer

Post by witchpaws »

"Can I copy your homework?"
"yeah just change it a bit so it doesn't look obvious you copied"
"ok"

youtube.JPG

(joking ofc)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HaveSomeMilk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by HaveSomeMilk »

when she last moved, did she move to the other side of London to where she was or something?

Because she mentions wanting to go back to therapy but she says she's looking into various people she might like to see rather than going to see the therapist from before.

I thought she had said her previous therapist had been immensely helpful to her and she really enjoyed her sessions with them. I wonder why she would want to see someone different?

Part of me thinks it's because she knows she's in the same old habits and that maybe her old therapist would open her eyes more fully to that. With a new therapist you often spend some time building the relationship and trust with them and can put off the hard stuff till a bit later on

Post by Guest »

HaveSomeMilk wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:37 am
I thought she had said her previous therapist had been immensely helpful to her and she really enjoyed her sessions with them. I wonder why she would want to see someone different?
If you don't like the answer, change the question. Seems very much that Lucy is the girl who wants affirmations rather than being challenged. And in therapy you are supposed to be challenged, so you get better. So then you change your therapist to someone who makes you feel good.

sah6994
Learner
Learner

Post by sah6994 »

Just saw her reply to the “what else do you do outside social media” - give me strength! Maybe she advises people on how NOT to do social media and teaches by example?

Return to “Lucy Moon”