Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Danielle Carolan - Part 2

Post by propeller »

Nycgirl65 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 9:39 am
Danielle said in the podcast that she and Margo found an apartment and they haven’t been approved for it yet. Then she mentions it’s an Airbnb. Ummmm is she dumb. You just book an Airbnb and pay.....there’s nothing to be “approved” for.......

Sent from the Wonderful Wizard of Oz
I've had to be approved for Airbnbs before. It depends on how the owner sets up the rental.

kdoggy21
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kdoggy21 »

Nycgirl65 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 9:39 am
Danielle said in the podcast that she and Margo found an apartment and they haven’t been approved for it yet. Then she mentions it’s an Airbnb. Ummmm is she dumb. You just book an Airbnb and pay.....there’s nothing to be “approved” for.......

Sent from the Wonderful Wizard of Oz
That's only true for "instant book", otherwise the host reviews your profile and maybe even has a conversation with you before deciding to let you rent.

savebella!
Debater
Debater

Post by savebella! »

Does anyone else think it's super irresponsible that she is being paid to promote a CREDIT CARD?

ilovemyself123
Learner
Learner

Post by ilovemyself123 »

Miamourxoxo wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 2:26 pm
Not sure if anyone addressed this on the thread - but perhaps it was a good thing that Danielle isn't working with Dote anymore (Morgan did a video a few months ago speaking about how she and her friends don't work w/ Dote bc it prioritizes more popular influencers through shady marketing/advertising practices). A video just popped up on Youtube compiling social media videos/posts written by influencers of color who are speaking out against Dote because of the exclusion on the Fiji trip last year and Coachella this year.
can u link to it?!

kdoggy21
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kdoggy21 »

savebella! wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 10:40 am
Does anyone else think it's super irresponsible that she is being paid to promote a CREDIT CARD?
Honestly asking, why is it irresponsible?

jadorexo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jadorexo »

kdoggy21 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 11:02 am
savebella! wrote:
beause all her litlte minions are going to go into massive credit card debt after they sign up and buy ugly golden goose and balenciaga sneakers

kdoggy21
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kdoggy21 »

jadorexo wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 11:31 am
kdoggy21 wrote:
savebella! wrote:
beause all her litlte minions are going to go into massive credit card debt after they sign up and buy ugly golden goose and balenciaga sneakers
I mean, it's a starter card, it's not like they're going to have a sky-high limit. I feel like people are have an irrational fear of credit cards, when there are so many benefits.

emeraldgirrl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emeraldgirrl »

kdoggy21 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 12:12 pm
jadorexo wrote:
kdoggy21 wrote:
savebella! wrote:
I mean, it's a starter card, it's not like they're going to have a sky-high limit. I feel like people are have an irrational fear of credit cards, when there are so many benefits.
there definitely are benefits to having a credit card but Danielle is not the poster child for financial responsibility, her viewers are mostly young girls, and it's easier to mess up your credit than it seems. Your credit can be impacted by not paying for Afterpay on websites like Princess Polly or by not paying your sorority dues, and not every one of Danielle's viewers has a doctor dad to pay off the card.

kdoggy21
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kdoggy21 »

emeraldgirrl wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 12:19 pm
kdoggy21 wrote:
jadorexo wrote:
kdoggy21 wrote:
savebella! wrote:
there definitely are benefits to having a credit card but Danielle is not the poster child for financial responsibility, her viewers are mostly young girls, and it's easier to mess up your credit than it seems. Your credit can be impacted by not paying for Afterpay on websites like Princess Polly or by not paying your sorority dues, and not every one of Danielle's viewers has a doctor dad to pay off the card.
Since you brought up Afterpay, THIS is something I find incredibly irresponsible and predatory against people who already have poor spending habits. If you don't have the money for it, don't buy it. Like maybe save up and wait til you can actually afford it?

ilovemyself123
Learner
Learner

Post by ilovemyself123 »

jfc did anyone else notice that they literally had like SIX OR SEVEN (idk i didn't count but it was definitely a lot) ad reads in their latest podcast?! like i get that you can skip through them but i tend to listen to pods in the shower or while i'm driving and it's SO annoying to have to listen to ads when you don't want to. like i don't give a single shit about hellofresh or fabfitfun or those random ass headphones or freaking cbd oil!!! these girls are so freaking greedy. did y'all notice that brooke did a sponsored video for SOCKS?! freaking s o c k s. homegirl must be super desperate for money or something.

savebella!
Debater
Debater

Post by savebella! »

yeah I think having a credit card comes with a lot of responsibility and being paid to promote it to teenage girls is predatory. It's not like signing up for a fab fit fun box, it's signing up for a lot more.

jadorexo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jadorexo »

kdoggy21 wrote:
jadorexo wrote:
kdoggy21 wrote:
savebella! wrote:
if i remember correctly i'm pretty sure danielle said the limit you could potentially be approved from ranges from $500 to $10,000

jadorexo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jadorexo »

ilovemyself123 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 1:05 pm
jfc did anyone else notice that they literally had like SIX OR SEVEN (idk i didn't count but it was definitely a lot) ad reads in their latest podcast?! like i get that you can skip through them but i tend to listen to pods in the shower or while i'm driving and it's SO annoying to have to listen to ads when you don't want to. like i don't give a single shit about hellofresh or fabfitfun or those random ass headphones or freaking cbd oil!!! these girls are so freaking greedy. did y'all notice that brooke did a sponsored video for SOCKS?! freaking s o c k s. homegirl must be super desperate for money or something.

she's trying to pay for that 1 bedroom apartment in cambridge and that gas mileage to work and when she eventually needs to quit

danny-devito
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by danny-devito »

savebella! wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 1:24 pm
yeah I think having a credit card comes with a lot of responsibility and being paid to promote it to teenage girls is predatory. It's not like signing up for a fab fit fun box, it's signing up for a lot more.
imo it isn't any more predatory than when credit card companies send unsolicited mail to people to apply for credit cards. it's marketed toward younger people as a card to build credit, with a decently high interest rate and no need for prior credit. even though she has young fans, they wouldn't be able to get their own card unless they're 18 anyway, so it's not like she's getting a ton of high schoolers to put themselves into thousands of dollars of credit debt.

kdoggy21
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kdoggy21 »

ilovemyself123 wrote:
I think what bothered me more was the response to it in the FB group.

"JUST SKIP THE ADS IF IT BOTHERS U SO MUCH" and then Brooke responding "we're not doing it for the money" YA NO BUT U ARE. Ugh just accept the criticism for what it is.

abigail
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by abigail »

kdoggy21 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:13 pm
ilovemyself123 wrote:

"JUST SKIP THE ADS IF IT BOTHERS U SO MUCH" and then Brooke responding "we're not doing it for the money" YA NO BUT U ARE. Ugh just accept the criticism for what it is.
Lol if they're not doing it for the money what's the point?? They're so dumb

ifeelbad
Learner
Learner

Post by ifeelbad »

Facetune fail in her latest insta? I can’t really tell but it looks like she took a chunk out of her arm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

freepeoplelover_
Talker
Talker

Post by freepeoplelover_ »

Why do I constantly see girls posting in their fb group asking for Chipotle order ideas??? Like the place only has so many combos and it all tastes basically the same anyways??? so strange. their fans are a different breed

Jonasluvr4evr
Debater
Debater

Post by Jonasluvr4evr »

Look at Danielle’s tagged insta posts for her underage drinking and hiding it LMAO

gooroosphailin
Informer
Informer

Post by gooroosphailin »

abigail wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:23 pm
kdoggy21 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:13 pm
ilovemyself123 wrote:

Lol if they're not doing it for the money what's the point?? They're so dumb
Lol they defs are tho Brooke said in the group that moving to Boston is expensive so to support her and the ads for a bit longer.

Return to “Danielle Marie Carolan”