Danielle Carolan - Part 2

electrickatz
Talker
Talker

Re: Danielle Carolan - Part 2

Post by electrickatz » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:13 am

almic8 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:17 am
Danielle’s latest instagram- Delaney looks like she’s been stretched out, no? In videos and on her own instagram she looks tiny but this photo is confusing
I still can't figure it out??? What did she do to Delaney, or what does Delaney do to EVERY picture?

emeraldgirrl
Learner
Learner

Post by emeraldgirrl » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:08 pm

I feel like it's the wavy doorway effect - Danielle shrinks herself down so another part of the picture changes too. That, or Danielle really is so insecure that she'd go as far as making her friend look larger...

beenwatchingtoolong
Lurker
Lurker

Post by beenwatchingtoolong » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:03 pm

Anyone else not shocked danielle’s spring break vlog was literally 4 minutes long and barely featured any clips outside of the room, dinner, or beach? She also said something in her podcast about barely drinking which it’s like.... danielle lmao you’re legal there, talk about you drinking. It’s obvious her friends and her most likely went there so they could legally drink. No one is going to say shit about her for drinking in a place where she’s legal to do so—she looks dumber trying to hide it. it’s gonna be really interesting when she turns 21 to see if she immediately starts posting tons of going out/bar/drunk content like brooke did.

Seaside22
Informer
Informer

Post by Seaside22 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:24 pm

electrickatz wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:38 pm
trashtalk_77 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:01 pm
electrickatz wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:52 am
ceebee wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:43 am
How is that being rude? If you’re going to talk shit then unsubscribe it’s that simple. What are future employers going to say? Don’t hire her because of a Facebook comment where someone was saying she was rude and she asked her to leave??
Yeah that carries over real well in the real world, "If u don't like wut I have 2 say THEN LEAV". Employers will see that she is constantly on defense mode when criticized, and is generally unwilling to learn from how she's coming off. Is she going to tell her boss to "pop off sis" when she has to hear something she doesn't want to?
I don't think she was being rude either. What she said was a joke. People are so sensitive these days. :roll: :roll:
Just to clarify, I don't think what she commented on the insta is rude, I think it's rude how she talks to subscribers who offer any amount of criticism. Maybe I'm still being too sensitive about it, but combined with how she has responded to previous similar comments, I think it's indicative that she sucks as a person.
I think you’re being sensitive. The girl posted a rude comment on a fan page for Brooke’s podcast. No need for Brooke to take shit on her own fan page. If the girl can’t take Brooke’s response of “leave if you don’t me” then she shouldn’t have posted a rude comment.

electrickatz
Talker
Talker

Post by electrickatz » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:44 pm

Seaside22 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:24 pm
electrickatz wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:38 pm
trashtalk_77 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:01 pm
electrickatz wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:52 am
ceebee wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:43 am
How is that being rude? If you’re going to talk shit then unsubscribe it’s that simple. What are future employers going to say? Don’t hire her because of a Facebook comment where someone was saying she was rude and she asked her to leave??
Yeah that carries over real well in the real world, "If u don't like wut I have 2 say THEN LEAV". Employers will see that she is constantly on defense mode when criticized, and is generally unwilling to learn from how she's coming off. Is she going to tell her boss to "pop off sis" when she has to hear something she doesn't want to?
I don't think she was being rude either. What she said was a joke. People are so sensitive these days. :roll: :roll:
Just to clarify, I don't think what she commented on the insta is rude, I think it's rude how she talks to subscribers who offer any amount of criticism. Maybe I'm still being too sensitive about it, but combined with how she has responded to previous similar comments, I think it's indicative that she sucks as a person.
I think you’re being sensitive. The girl posted a rude comment on a fan page for Brooke’s podcast. No need for Brooke to take shit on her own fan page. If the girl can’t take Brooke’s response of “leave if you don’t me” then she shouldn’t have posted a rude comment.
Oh well, agree to disagree!

superficialthings
Informer
Informer

Post by superficialthings » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:11 pm

electrickatz wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:13 am
almic8 wrote:
Danielle’s latest instagram- Delaney looks like she’s been stretched out, no? In videos and on her own instagram she looks tiny but this photo is confusing
I still can't figure it out??? What did she do to Delaney, or what does Delaney do to EVERY picture?
And she got rid of her cleavage too, wtf. The editing is so, so bad.

emeraldgirrl
Learner
Learner

Post by emeraldgirrl » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:53 am

I never really thought that job interviews would ask about your social media (speaking as a postgrad who has never personally been asked but has worked professionally in social media), but this is hilarious. Brooke’s followers think this is an example of how being “famous” on the internet makes you more interesting/valuable to future employers but beating a dead horse about being called out by a former Bachelor isn’t ~girlboss~
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

youtube_obsessed843
Informer
Informer

Post by youtube_obsessed843 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:14 am

beenwatchingtoolong wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:03 pm
Anyone else not shocked danielle’s spring break vlog was literally 4 minutes long and barely featured any clips outside of the room, dinner, or beach? She also said something in her podcast about barely drinking which it’s like.... danielle lmao you’re legal there, talk about you drinking. It’s obvious her friends and her most likely went there so they could legally drink. No one is going to say shit about her for drinking in a place where she’s legal to do so—she looks dumber trying to hide it. it’s gonna be really interesting when she turns 21 to see if she immediately starts posting tons of going out/bar/drunk content like brooke did.
I must say I agree 100%. I was shocked that more of her trip wasn't included. It's ATLANTIS. Literally content everywhere you look and it would've been a welcome change from the college week/day in my life videos. Stringing together 4 minutes of random clips put to music is a missed opportunity in my opinion. Of course they went there to drink, but I'd assume that Danielle wasn't stumbling around drunk and incoherent for 5 days...she absolutely could have vlogged. I understand its spring "break" but she could've put some effort into making one 7-9 minute vlog that documented the whole trip instead of an out of context 4 minute video with no storyline. Boring.

electrickatz
Talker
Talker

Post by electrickatz » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:20 am

emeraldgirrl wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:53 am

I never really thought that job interviews would ask about your social media (speaking as a postgrad who has never personally been asked but has worked professionally in social media), but this is hilarious. Brooke’s followers think this is an example of how being “famous” on the internet makes you more interesting/valuable to future employers but beating a dead horse about being called out by a former Bachelor isn’t ~girlboss~
Just came here to post the same. Looks like I did have a point after all :tu:
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

icedcoffeeaddict
Learner
Learner

Post by icedcoffeeaddict » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:55 am

ceebee wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:49 am
If the job she's applying to isn't social media they shouldn't be asking her that, or even looking her up that's weird. most recruiters I've dealt with are younger and should understand that social media is a huge part of millennials daily lives.
I'm an econ major, applied to a data analyst intern position and had an employer ask about something they found interesting on my social media. Employers google you, it's not hard (maybe it is if you have a generic name) but generally its not hard and usually up for grabs. Employers like to see how you think and react during interviews, so a question about your own social media might throw you off your game a bit, but it's how you react that they're looking at.

icedcoffeeaddict
Learner
Learner

Post by icedcoffeeaddict » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:10 am

ceebee wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:02 am
the only times I had recruiters look me up was on linkedin, because I applied for staffing agency jobs. So I've never dealt with this. Then again I have no social media except Snapchat and IG but I don't have my full name. rookie mistake of her posting it on twitter, because the recruiter probably checked again, and won't call her back for the next interview.
Social media is her life, you'd think she'd be smarter about what she posts where.

electrickatz
Talker
Talker

Post by electrickatz » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:24 am

ceebee wrote:
If the job she's applying to isn't social media they shouldn't be asking her that, or even looking her up that's weird. most recruiters I've dealt with are younger and should understand that social media is a huge part of millennials daily lives. as someone who' knows many people that graduated I follow them on Instagram and they all get drunk every weekend, even during the week. THEY ARE SOMEONES BOSS in the corporate world, post about smoking weed. Its 2019 and this is what we do. Who cares? I had a recruiter once tell me we always go out as team outings to drink? She probably shouldn't have told me that in the first interview but she did. Things are different now..
I think you're underestimating the weight that social media carries these days. Social media might not be related to the position that she's applying to at all, but it sure does help them get a better idea of who she is as a person. Yes, who cares if we smoke and drink outside of work (or even at work, I know you've mentioned it's part of some office culture) but be smart about what you are posting. You represent the company you work for - if a hiring manager can do a quick google search and find something they don't agree with, so can clients/investors/etc. The whole image is important.

Hoe4Christmas
Informer
Informer

Post by Hoe4Christmas » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:45 am

“guys i have NO time”...gets a spray tan, nails done, etc.

she has like 20 pairs of the SAME sunglasses

life must be pretty nice when the hardest thing you have to do is pack for spring break

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

youtube_obsessed843
Informer
Informer

Post by youtube_obsessed843 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:57 pm

I'm probably going to get some hate for this first comment but generally, I like Brooke. She does have her priviledged, cluless moments but she has a much better head on her shoulders than Danielle. That being said, I'm currently listening to the gals on the go podcast from today. Brooke needs to seriously shut up about drinking. I know theres an allure about being (semi) newly 21, but she does not need to validate herself or explain herself. She's 21 and needs to get over herself when it comes to constantly mentioning drinking. I cant really tell if she's trying to show off the fact that she actually can drink now or if she's genuinely explaining herself to avoid hate comments. First she addresses the colton situation and says she was buzzed at the time she commented. Then she talks about how she was day drinking "margs" in Tampa. Now she's saying that Miami has made her fall in love with clubs but that when she's 25 she wont be "living in whatever city going out clubbing but definitely will on vacation." lol Brooke what?? I'm 24 and live in a city with great nightlife. I have just as great of a social life as I did in college. I also keep wine and liquor in my house, which is what adults do. It's OKAY to go out and have fun after college. Why does Brooke act like social life is over after you graduate? And why does she think she has to constantly address everyone every time she gets a drink? It's just super annoying.

In regard to Danielle and Brooke "dating" out of no where- At southern schools (at least in my experience) fraternity and sorority date parties are a dime a dozen. Going with someone to one of those functions can't really be considered "dating." Sure people in college have actual boyfriends and girlfriends, but most people go with a different person to each party. It's really not a big deal at all. They sound a little stupid.

new2thecrew
Learner
Learner

Post by new2thecrew » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:42 pm

Hoe4Christmas wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:45 am

life must be pretty nice when the hardest thing you have to do is pack for spring break

But that's what a "Girl Boss" does right? No actual work while claiming to be busy all the time? #GirlBossGoals :rofl:

abigail
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by abigail » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:05 pm

ceebee wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:12 pm
Youtubers are so delusional. Yes you have saved 50,000 because you did YouTube since you were probably 15, and every post is sponsored. So clickbait, because it’s unrelatable. She should go invest in some skincare too. Your first year of college is a hard adjustment, and the stress with finding a job is such a bitch. Morgan’s first year out of college video was so stupid too because all she did was travel. Not everyone is going to backpack post college. Some of us have to grind to pay student debt dumbass girls I swear
wrong forum I think but I agree lmao

foreverkaikhaod
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by foreverkaikhaod » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:05 pm

Hoe4Christmas wrote:

I was so disgusting by the sheer amount of clothing/shoes/accessories she had. Did y’all see that giant pile of bags by the door of her closet in her office?!

ayemtee
Learner
Learner

Post by ayemtee » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:09 pm

ceebee wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:30 pm
anyone see her website? Lmao once again the outfits...
Just checked it out and already see about three typos/instances of incorrect grammar on the About page. I also like how she teases a blog post as a "surprise" -- like either you are or you aren't going to blog, Danielle, don't set something up just to be inconsistent.

electrickatz
Talker
Talker

Post by electrickatz » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:54 pm

foreverkaikhaod wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:05 pm
Hoe4Christmas wrote:

I was so disgusting by the sheer amount of clothing/shoes/accessories she had. Did y’all see that giant pile of bags by the door of her closet in her office?!
VERY. As someone who is trying to live a somewhat zero-waste lifestyle it's incredibly disheartening to see influencers with a such a huge following leading such a consumeristic lifestyle. No one needs all that shit, and I hope her younger followers don't think thats normal. What's wrong with having just one good pair of sunglasses?

Just to shame her here too, another Youtuber almost as bad as Danielle for this is Abby Asselin. Stop buying so many things you don't need!!!!!

dramatime98
Learner
Learner

Post by dramatime98 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:16 pm

almic8 wrote:
Thats probably why danielle posted it lol... she was like omg i look skinny next to a skinny girl!! they will think im tiny!!!!

dramatime98
Learner
Learner

Post by dramatime98 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:18 pm

Hoe4Christmas wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:44 am
that bikini pic was so smoothed out. i mean i do it too, but she seems so anti photoshop when she talks. practice what u preach dani

She went thru a phase last year when she was editing her body smaller soooooo

darcyking
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by darcyking » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:47 pm

dramatime98 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:18 pm
Hoe4Christmas wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:44 am
that bikini pic was so smoothed out. i mean i do it too, but she seems so anti photoshop when she talks. practice what u preach dani

She went thru a phase last year when she was editing her body smaller soooooo
does she still have those photos up? I would be curious to see them lol

emeraldgirrl
Learner
Learner

Post by emeraldgirrl » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:57 pm

ceebee wrote:
If the job she's applying to isn't social media they shouldn't be asking her that, or even looking her up that's weird. most recruiters I've dealt with are younger and should understand that social media is a huge part of millennials daily lives. as someone who' knows many people that graduated I follow them on Instagram and they all get drunk every weekend, even during the week. THEY ARE SOMEONES BOSS in the corporate world, post about smoking weed. Its 2019 and this is what we do. Who cares? I had a recruiter once tell me we always go out as team outings to drink? She probably shouldn't have told me that in the first interview but she did. Things are different now..
I disagree, it's neither weird nor unusual for an interviewer to look up an applicant's social media for vetting. This applies to jobs, education, even couples looking to adopt/foster (@nikki phillippi). I'm only a year older than Brooke and I've been told since basically 6th grade to be careful what I put on the internet because the internet is forever. My office has a huge drinking culture too, but that doesn't mean my company's CEO (a 29-year-old in Manhattan) posts on his personal social media profiles about getting drunk and commenting on Bachelor instagrams. He keeps that for private conversations.

In all honesty, Brooke likely envisioned the job search like this: she puts her resume out on linkedin with metrics for her channel and instagram and companies will be interested because having "a lot of followers," she must know something about social media analytics or digital marketing (combined with her degree, depending on her GPA). They'll check out her videos and her tweets and think she's so hilarious and relatable and could totally manage their brand's twitter account like the sassy person who runs Moon Pie or whatever. Or she's applying to places like Barstool that have sections of content dedicated to hot women talking about guys and drinking and pop culture. Either way she's vastly overestimating her market value considering everyone and their dog is an influencer/microinfluencer.

danny-devito
Informer
Informer

Post by danny-devito » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:10 pm

what you post on your social media accounts may or may not impact your job search depending on the fields you're looking to go into. i think for brooke, it makes A LOT of sense given her "work experience" (which i use very loosely lol) almost completely revolves around her youtube/instagram/twitter accounts for herself. if her applications, cover letters, and resumes all talk about how she's built a following on her own accounts as an influencer, i think it's 100% fair game for people to look her up and ask questions about her posts. based on my experience as a non-influencer working in a different field, i would say i don't think that's as likely in other industries, or if your work experience doesn't revolve around your personal brand, but it's still a possibility.

freepeoplelover_
Learner
Learner

Post by freepeoplelover_ » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:43 pm

Guys. I have THE TEA. If you go to her stupid website she has all of her social medias linked, including linkedin. Her linkedin says shes a fashion merchandising major. Girl didn't get into Grady.

Return to “Danielle Carolan”