Whitney "It's a beautiful day to be orange" Simmons - Part 4

People with less than 3 archived locked threads.
Sheare
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0

Re: Whitney "It's a beautiful day to be orange" Simmons - Part 4

Post by Sheare »

Sorry for the double post but I found this comment on her YouTube video
Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 8.38.03 PM.png
Yikes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Boo-shit
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Post by Boo-shit »

Sheare wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:35 pm
ZMartinique wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:58 pm
Sheare wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:31 pm
Am I the only one that hates these healthy food swap videos? Like, I get it. A swap here and there in your lifestyle is fine, but the mentality that we need to swap out every single terrible thing in our life for a slightly healthy, cleaner, and infinitely more expensive alternative. There's a privilege associated with these healthy food choices.

If I want a fucking taco, I'm not getting almond flour tortillas that come in a pack of 2 for 2000 bucks.
Funny thing is average corn tortillas are healthier and a less expensive food swap, but sure lets go for something at whole foods because its "Clean". This is how you know, that fitspos know jack squat about nutrition. I feel like with each passing day Whitney feels more and more disenchanted with Fitness and being a Fitness influencer. Its kind of sad, honestly, I did start lifting weights after I saw her early workout vids, and at some point considered myself a fan. But at times I feel kind of disappointed that she sounds so shallow and vapid, I mean I am not expecting her to be a an academic or an intellectual but like, even when she describes her feelings and thoughts, these come across as basic. I dont know, felt like ranting for a bit.
Also, I HATE how she demonized Lay's and then had the audacity to provide Pop Corners as the "healthy" alternative just because Lay's has more fat. Demonizing a snack that isn't even that much "worse" than the healthy one is just...

1 oz of Lay's (Classic)

Calories: 160
10 g of Fat (1.5 g saturated)
15 g of Carbs (less than 1 gram added sugar)
2 g of Protein
170 mg of Sodium

1 oz of Popcorners (her recommendation was Sweet Chili)

Calories: 120
4 g of Fat
20 g of Carbs (2 g of added sugar)
2 g of Protein
200 mg of Sodium

One is obviously flavored with things, but because she made this direct recommendation, I pulled the macros from that.

I just feel like there are better hills to die on than a snack with 6 grams less fat. I totally agree with everything she said on soda, for example, but the rest are just grasping at trendy, expensive shit that's just unnecessary. Honestly, I felt kind of left out or shamed for eating normal tortillas or normal ketchup lol
WTF so many impressionable girls watch her. Sucks nobody is watching for these kids when it comes to nutrition and exercise

japeterson42
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by japeterson42 »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:14 pm
Sheare wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:39 pm

Yikes
Oh SHIT. My guess is Alani Nu is too busy cleaning up their act after almost killing someone that they forgot about this. Whitney should be on them though. How embarrassing.
With all the money these people have you think they could have just fucking venmo'd her. School starts like, right now, too. What a bad time to forget something.
lmaooo

Czarbucks
Debater
Debater

Post by Czarbucks »

Bootyguru2 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:09 pm
I was watching some old vids of hers, which I do often because I really admired her body from 2 years ago, and the change is so drastic. It also makes me sad that she used to eat so little and acts like eating carbs now is how she got her “gains”.... she could easily have maintained her old physique and added more carbs in, she just got lazier (read: unmotivated) in the gym. She lifts lighter, or just stopped going to the gym and is now trying to make up for it with these nonsensical HIIT circuits.
I don’t really know where I’m going here lol. I think she burned herself out at the gym and didn’t eat enough to fully recover + went EVERY SINGLE DAY and now she’s excusing her current fluffier body for gains. I have to agree, she is detaching herself from the fitness world. It’s already so apparent on her YouTube. Next step is IG, which will be difficult considering she gained all her following by posting workouts/fitness content.
I feel like this is where she is right now too. I started watching Whitney Simmons pretty late and I really like her earlier videos a lot (sometimes I will go back and watch them) but you can tell she is definitely over being a fitness YouTuber/influencer. Part of me feels bad for her because it does suck to be 100% in on something you completely love(d) and then now feel burnt out about it and hate it. I feel like part of being a fitness influencer is also having to be "on" all the time and having to cultivate some sort of over the top personality which can be energy-draining. But also part of me also knows that there are a ton of ways to go about revitalizing her YouTube content like trying out different fitness routines or collaborating with another person on a video.

Also, she says she's in a funk often and had discontinued birth control pills sometime in 2019. Is it possible that the birth control withdrawal is still affecting her? I ask because I've only taken birth control once and it made me incredibly anxious, I wanted to harm myself, and my legs began to bruise very easily so I stopped taking it and the side effects I had lasted a while...

happy camper
Talker
Talker

Post by happy camper »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
Sheare wrote:

Yikes
Oh SHIT. My guess is Alani Nu is too busy cleaning up their act after almost killing someone that they forgot about this. Whitney should be on them though. How embarrassing.
Ummmm, what?! I totally missed this! What happened?

dietgossip
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by dietgossip »

Sheare wrote:
Am I the only one that hates these healthy food swap videos? Like, I get it. A swap here and there in your lifestyle is fine, but the mentality that we need to swap out every single terrible thing in our life for a slightly healthy, cleaner, and infinitely more expensive alternative. There's a privilege associated with these healthy food choices.

If I want a fucking taco, I'm not getting almond flour tortillas that come in a pack of 2 for 2000 bucks.
Also if it's about calories- tortillas are made with oil to make them pliable so of course they seem "less healthy" if you're looking at calories and fat. I bet the almond flour ones are actually disgusting.

Sola_gurl
Talker
Talker

Post by Sola_gurl »

So... she’s in a funk again.. as per usual. This is what happens when people go full time youtube, they don’t have any more interesting things to show. Another food swap videos! Slowly getting tire of her videos and ig posts

Sola_gurl
Talker
Talker

Post by Sola_gurl »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
Sheare wrote:

Yikes
What happened with Alani Nu? These supps company should Not be promoted (but hey, they get money!), they’re promoting artificial foods and sugars and I got sucked into it a while back thanks to these “fitspos”

Sheare
Debater
Debater

Post by Sheare »

Sola_gurl wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:17 am
HoardganizedJen wrote:
Sheare wrote:

Yikes
What happened with Alani Nu? These supps company should Not be promoted (but hey, they get money!), they’re promoting artificial foods and sugars and I got sucked into it a while back thanks to these “fitspos”
A woman nearly died, and the doctors speculate it was because of Alani Nu's "Balance" supplement that the woman took every morning. She had to get a liver transplant.

It's important to note that a liver biopsy has not been conducted yet and that these liver cases involving herbal supplements are rare...but I would not want to be Alani Nu's legal counsel rn It's a pretty big lawsuit regardless, and IMO this case just exemplifies the need for more FDA regulations in the supplement industry

V_33
Lurker
Lurker

Post by V_33 »

Aah.. I’n so torn on these food-swaps videos. OK, it’s fine to educate people about healthier versions of things, ex diet cola in stead of regular sugar cola.

But.. and here’s my issue with this whole food swap-thing:
When Whitney is like «There is absolutely NO reason why you should eat regular chips, if I catch you eating that..» in the video. I think it’s not a healthy mindset.

I’ve struggled with food. And learned, after years and years. That I can’t have NO-foods. It’s not healthy to think you can’t have some foods and restricting yourself.

Why not educate that «OK, this chips is better BECAUSE(..)» so maybe eat less of this.

Eat everything you want – just don’t go crazy about the portions. Is my mantra now 😋

fritzness
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fritzness »

I should eat regular chips (sometimes) because they're fucking yummy. I hate the "NEVER EAT THIS" mindset. Unless the thing you're telling people to NEVER EAT is crack, leave me the fuck alone and let me enjoy my cheddar and sour cream ruffles bishhhhhh

V_33
Lurker
Lurker

Post by V_33 »

And no, Whitney. The carbs haven’t given you «the gainz». It has given you «the fluff».

Bootyguru2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Bootyguru2 »

One of the only things I agreed with on her vid was replacing the banana chips with..... bananas. Bc why wouldn’t you choose the fresher, cheaper option? Those little processed Banana chips are not even that great and like $3-4 for that little bag. Meanwhile, you can buy a single banana for like 50 cents.

curleecrimp
Debater
Debater

Post by curleecrimp »

Ugh I’ve unfollowed her. This video was just grasping for straws type content and I’m over it. She obviously reads here from time to time and myself and others have commented things we’d like to see her try, so it’s not like she doesn’t have ideas! She’s been burned out for so long and idk what will help get her groove back. She’s been just coasting like this for so long while still gaining popularity so I guess she doesn’t have motivation to actually try getting out of her funk yet.

AwkwardOtter
Learner
Learner

Post by AwkwardOtter »

V_33 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:00 am
And no, Whitney. The carbs haven’t given you «the gainz». It has given you «the fluff».
I unfollowed her after a GRWM or Q&A or something in like 2018, because she said she didn't want to bulk anymore because it was "too hard." (If she was just content with her physique, or something, fine, but the "too hard" comment annoyed me so much. So discouraging to her followers who may have been struggling to bulk themselves.)

I assumed, as with most people who say bulking is difficult, it was because it was too hard to eat in a surplus for so long, deal with gaining weight, or both.

Then she goes and gains weight anyway, without any improvement to her muscle mass/body comp. 🙄

ders
Informer
Informer

Post by ders »

dietgossip wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:40 am
Sheare wrote:

Also if it's about calories- tortillas are made with oil to make them pliable so of course they seem "less healthy" if you're looking at calories and fat. I bet the almond flour ones are actually disgusting.
I’ve tried them a few times (that exact brand) and no matter how I’ve tried to use them they’re dry, brittle, and fall apart in seconds thus defeating the purpose of using a tortilla.

fritzness
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fritzness »

Bootyguru2 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:58 am
One of the only things I agreed with on her vid was replacing the banana chips with..... bananas. Bc why wouldn’t you choose the fresher, cheaper option? Those little processed Banana chips are not even that great and like $3-4 for that little bag. Meanwhile, you can buy a single banana for like 50 cents.
Yupppp. Buy bananas and a dehydrator that's like $20 and you can have all the crunchy banana chips you want with zero preservatives. It's so easy to make them. Slice 'em up, put them on the dehydrator overnight. Done. Add whatever you want, if you want salt or whatever.

V_33
Lurker
Lurker

Post by V_33 »

Currently looking at her videos from 1 year back. And wow, she had so much more.. natural behavior. Every thing wasn’t staged like it is now. She also looked so much happier, hope she comes out of her funk soon !

RoseGoldBeats
Debater
Debater

Post by RoseGoldBeats »

V_33 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:17 am
Currently looking at her videos from 1 year back. And wow, she had so much more.. natural behavior. Every thing wasn’t staged like it is now. She also looked so much happier, hope she comes out of her funk soon !
And at that point - a year ago - we were already starting to roast her on her staged mannerisms. It's just gotten worse. :rofl:

All this restrictive food talk on the swaps video when just recently she made a whole damn shpiel critiquing the way she used to eat because it was too restrictive. :roll:

Sola_gurl
Talker
Talker

Post by Sola_gurl »

And yet it’s another tanning video

Return to “Misc - Archived Threads”