TheDeFrancoFam Vlogs Part 2

beachy
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Re: TheDeFrancoFam Vlogs Part 2

Post by beachy »

MiharuChan wrote:If it's a box like the one I have at work, all the masks are stacked in 1 bag. Once that is open it cannot be donated, as they are no longer sterile. Cloth ones can be donated no matter the amount as they can be sterilized later, but the M3 N95 masks cannot.

Likely she is wearing them only as they are more guaranteed, and as they suspect she has already suffered from Covid-19, she should have the most effective equipment for both the sake of not recontacting, as well as not giving if the virus is still active inside her. I get it.

What I don't get is that panic attack rant. First off it was definitely an anxiety attack. Two very different things. She absolutely was at the end of it if she was able to pull out her phone and talk. I can't even breathe let alone put together a cohesive sentence during one. But whatever. It's nice to see that someone is talking openly about it. What I very very very much hate and am still furious about; she followed up the 10+ stories of having anxiety/panic attacks with sharing a clip of a fucking jump scare??????????????????? Oh hahaha it's a "funny" video. Totally wrong place wrong time.
Thanks for clarifying re: the masks. I was not aware that hospitals would not take them out of the packaging but now that I know that - it makes total sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Illogic_ally
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Illogic_ally »

beachy wrote:
MiharuChan wrote:If it's a box like the one I have at work, all the masks are stacked in 1 bag. Once that is open it cannot be donated, as they are no longer sterile. Cloth ones can be donated no matter the amount as they can be sterilized later, but the M3 N95 masks cannot.

Likely she is wearing them only as they are more guaranteed, and as they suspect she has already suffered from Covid-19, she should have the most effective equipment for both the sake of not recontacting, as well as not giving if the virus is still active inside her. I get it.

What I don't get is that panic attack rant. First off it was definitely an anxiety attack. Two very different things. She absolutely was at the end of it if she was able to pull out her phone and talk. I can't even breathe let alone put together a cohesive sentence during one. But whatever. It's nice to see that someone is talking openly about it. What I very very very much hate and am still furious about; she followed up the 10+ stories of having anxiety/panic attacks with sharing a clip of a fucking jump scare??????????????????? Oh hahaha it's a "funny" video. Totally wrong place wrong time.
Thanks for clarifying re: the masks. I was not aware that hospitals would not take them out of the packaging but now that I know that - it makes total sense.

I’m glad someone else thought the same thing I did about her ‘attack’. That was 100% an anxiety attack, not a panic attack. She really needs to do her research on a topic that she suffers from if she doesn’t know the difference between the two

longtimelurker182
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0

Post by longtimelurker182 »

I think in all my time on GG or YTMD I’ve maybe posted once or twice. Linz has given me no other choice.

Finally had to unfollow today. After her mini rant about how family members and friends of a plumber would ask for advice, yet she - who has “studied all things fact checking for two years” - still gets messages she has to explain are false. I can’t with this woman. There are people who have devoted their entire lives to studying media, fact checking, etc who wouldn’t claim to be as much of an expert as she is. Studied for two years? Where’s your credentials to show that? Degree? Certificate? Anything?

She’s so self absorbed and I really don’t think she can even see how much of a fool she’s making herself out to be.

beachy
Informer
Informer

Post by beachy »

I was really put off by her comments as well. She has nothing to show for her “two years of training.” She is obviously not an expert when she is still sharing her very pointed opinions about the current administration. I’m not saying she should support Trump in any way, but if you’re a true expert in this field, you would be able to find good points on both sides. As I said before, this whole campaign was started because of Trump and once he’s out of office, this will go the way of every other passion Linz has had. If she wanted the street cred of a plumber, she should have looked into getting her masters or PhD in this field.

Illogic_ally
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Illogic_ally »

Yeah that pissed me off too, especially the comparisons. 1. I don’t know how it is in the US, but here in Australia you do an apprenticeship for four years to be a plumber, so at the end of that you not only have four years of certified theoretical training, but you also have four years of practical on the job experience.

Sorry Lindsey, but your ‘training’ and research was all self guided and has literally nothing to back it up with. Yes I’m sure she has put some time into learning things, but at the end of the day, she’s still just a housewife who decided to google a lot of things about one subject for a long time. Just because Phil likes to think of himself akin to a journalist, doesn’t make them both super knowledgeable. Yes he used to do his own research, but he’s basically the equivalent of a news anchor who used to write his own script.

Lindsey needs to step back into the real world and accept that just because you regard yourself as being super knowledgeable on something doesn’t mean anyone is going to take you on your word. Hell, I literally went to university to study IT and I still get told I don’t know what I’m talking about by ignorant people.

I genuinely don’t know why she doesn’t put her time into going back to college of some sort and studying media or journalism if that’s what she’s decided she wants to do. Go get some actual accreditation and people might be willing to listen to you and take on your advice, especially given that she wants to do their ‘program’ in schools.

beachy
Informer
Informer

Post by beachy »

It’s the same in the US with many jobs like plumbing and electric requiring apprenticeships. I’m not sure for how long though.

While she may have read a lot of books, she was never technically *tested* on any material. This would happen if you had an apprenticeship or went to school for something. It’s the testing and passing or the on-the-job experience that makes someone be able to command respect from others in a certain field. Anyone can read a book, Linz. Someone should fact-check her on her credentials lol. I’d love to see a post from her campaign saying “just because someone claims they’re an expert, doesn’t mean they are”

In other news, the graphic design of the campaign’s Instagram posts has not improved and still makes my eyes bleed. Pay a professional, please.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sarao1089
Learner
Learner

Post by sarao1089 »

It is ridiculous that she considers herself such an expert in this field with absolutely no schooling. My husband is a plumber. He had two years of schooling and has worked 9 years in the field, as an apprentice, then journeyman, now master. Even after that, he is still learning about the trade and wouldn’t claim to know everything there is to know. She is so full of herself, I can’t stand it.

Lady_Karmalade07
Informer
Informer

Post by Lady_Karmalade07 »

sarao1089 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:06 pm
It is ridiculous that she considers herself such an expert in this field with absolutely no schooling. My husband is a plumber. He had two years of schooling and has worked 9 years in the field, as an apprentice, then journeyman, now master. Even after that, he is still learning about the trade and wouldn’t claim to know everything there is to know. She is so full of herself, I can’t stand it.
Yikes. Did she really go off about how she’s an expert at this now? She spends all of her man hours on IG talking about random and stupid shit with a rats nest bun on her head and super hoarsy voice. I can’t stand it. I feel like she also talks more about how she “knows” media literacy, than she can prove.

She literally spent just a few months self teaching about this topic, just a couple hours of her day doing so, and not enough time exercising what she knows. And look, that’s great she dedicated a time window to do this, but she needs to put in more hours and work and definitely way more than a year to classify yourself as an “expert” in this field. It took me well over 5 years to call my self a subject matter expert in my field.

beachy
Informer
Informer

Post by beachy »

Bitch, nobody went to the ER for help trying to put bleach in their arm. She’s such a liar.

Lady_Karmalade07
Informer
Informer

Post by Lady_Karmalade07 »

So Even tho Linz re homed her two Yorkies because she couldn’t handle dogs and kids, she wants a german Shepard (haha jk. She says they shed too much ew nvm!) she wants a Doberman as a security home dog.

Dogs are not accessories or home security systems, idiot. You can barely manage two fucking kids let alone dogs with kids. SMALL dogs.

Nataliya
Informer
Informer

Post by Nataliya »

I can't get over how obnoxious her IG bio is. Wtf does "recovering mommy vlogger" mean? She hasn't posted in 2 years and even when she did, it was extremely average content that took advantage of Phil's success. People who are actually "chronically anxious and depressed" don't treat mental health issues as a personality trait. "Oh yeah, Co-Founder..." That's just cringey and unprofessional. She's just so eye-rolling.

beachy
Informer
Informer

Post by beachy »

She’s fucking lost it. Thrusting herself into suddenly gardening 24/7 (leaving unwanted plants at a store for others to pick up?!?)... wanting vicious attack dogs around her young boys for her own protection and having a breeder show her the light ... realizing that her physical appearance is not utterly offensive to others ... thanking someone (using their first and last names) from middle school who told her she was beautiful once ... something is really not right about all of this. She has way too much time to think during this pandemic and not enough to actually do. I feel like she’s spiraling. Take me back to the days of Hello Fresh meals and painting Trey’s nails. Also, I hate those headphones she’s constantly wearing at home and in public. Why?!?

Illogic_ally
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

TheDeFrancoFam Vlogs Part 2

Post by Illogic_ally »

Okay more power to her for realizing that she’s able to do things on her own, and discovering that she’s happier when she’s out being productive (shocker), but omg my eyes rolled so hard they nearly rolled out of my head at her stories today.

Coming to the realization that you can do things yourself and not basically just pay someone else to do it for it has to be the most privileged shit I’ve ever heard. Good on her for bettering herself and I’ll give credit where credit is due, but it’s so painfully obvious that she genuinely doesn’t realize that this doesn’t apply to probably the majority of people watching her. Not everyone can afford to pay someone to do everything little thing for us Lindsey. A lot of people do learn how to do things like set up an irrigation system for our garden, because the thought of paying someone else to do it is so un-cost effective that it wouldn’t even cross our minds.

It really is painfully obvious that she grew up rich and has never known anything different. I do genuinely like that she’s being positive for once lately instead of just whining all the time, but it is kind of hard to take her seriously

Edit: Lol at her saying it was the same when she was traveling, that she learnt she could do it on her own. Except paying for it that is

GossipJunkie33
Debater
Debater

Post by GossipJunkie33 »

Hey Linz,
If you don't want to pay a contractor what they are worth then learn how to do the work yourself. Especially installing a toilet. I'm sure you're a smart woman. Try to act like it.

GossipJunkie33
Debater
Debater

Post by GossipJunkie33 »

It's so annoying how she continuously blames her upbringing for why she's a horrible and insufferable person today. Once you turn 18 and leave the home, the way you are as a human being is completely yours to be. You can't fallback and blame your childhood. Especially when you lived such a privileged childhood to begin with. Oh no, your parents called ahead and wouldn't let you go to parties with boys? They were concerned you were eating too much junk food? What a *horrible* childhood that caused you lifelong trauma.

sarao1089
Learner
Learner

Post by sarao1089 »

GossipJunkie33 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:39 pm
It's so annoying how she continuously blames her upbringing for why she's a horrible and insufferable person today. Once you turn 18 and leave the home, the way you are as a human being is completely yours to be. You can't fallback and blame your childhood. Especially when you lived such a privileged childhood to begin with. Oh no, your parents called ahead and wouldn't let you go to parties with boys? They were concerned you were eating too much junk food? What a *horrible* childhood that caused you lifelong trauma.

I missed her story from yesterday. What was it that caused her trauma growing up?

GossipJunkie33
Debater
Debater

Post by GossipJunkie33 »

sarao1089 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:20 pm
GossipJunkie33 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:39 pm

I missed her story from yesterday. What was it that caused her trauma growing up?

Her parents (Dad & Step Mom) treated her differently than her step brothers. They criticized her because she didn't play sports and would make comments about the junk food wrappers in her trash can. She wasn't allowed to go to parties unless her parents called ahead to make sure adults would be there and there wouldn't be boys. She got into trouble when she was caught having sex with her boyfriend of two years but when her step brother got caught having sex he didn't get into any trouble. I think that was about all that she mentioned. She did went on about the double standard and said it is because she's a female.

GossipJunkie33
Debater
Debater

Post by GossipJunkie33 »

Her nanny is on maternity leave and she posted on IG that she hasn't had a full time job in years but she has one again now since her nanny is on leave. I seriously cannot stand this woman.

GossipJunkie33
Debater
Debater

Post by GossipJunkie33 »

Dear Lindsey.
FUCK YOU.
Thanks for completely stereotyping and discriminating Italian culture.
You fucking suck and should not have a platform.

lazygossip
Talker
Talker

Post by lazygossip »

What did she do?

Return to “Phil DeFranco / SourceFed / TheDeFrancoFam”