Dan & Phil Part 62:DanIsNotAYoutuber and AmazingHiatus

Riz
Informer
Informer

Re: Dan & Phil Part 62:DanIsNotAYoutuber and AmazingHiatus

Post by Riz »

What I don't understand is, why can't they just say that they are together if they are, or 'no we are not together, stop asking' if they aren't, now that Dan is out to his family and also to the whole internet (so I assume there is no issue there). I know that they don't owe us that information, but I really think it will make everything easier for them on all ends.

Or maybe the speculation is good for business?

(Also hello, been lurking for a week, never really paid attention to them before Dan came out so I might be missing something)

noodlebum
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by noodlebum »

I honestly think it's Phil who doesn't like talking about that sort of thing/is more private, and that's one of the big reasons why their relationship is still so undercover.

Anyone see Dan's tweet about going to Pride?

urmel
Informer
Informer

Post by urmel »

Riz wrote:What I don't understand is, why can't they just say that they are together if they are, or 'no we are not together, stop asking' if they aren't, now that Dan is out to his family and also to the whole internet (so I assume there is no issue there). I know that they don't owe us that information, but I really think it will make everything easier for them on all ends.

(Also hello, been lurking for a week, never really paid attention to them before Dan came out so I might be missing something)
I feel it's partly a reaction to the years of pressure about Phan - making his refusal to say what their current status is an integral part of his feeling fully in control of his coming out process, of doing it on his own terms.

Might also keep the speculation alive, but idk if I'd say that's the main motivator. Strikes me as a little too cynical in light of the video.

finally figured out how to change this (sent from hell)

drugzz
Debater
Debater

Post by drugzz »

Riz wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:21 pm
What I don't understand is, why can't they just say that they are together if they are, or 'no we are not together, stop asking' if they aren't, now that Dan is out to his family and also to the whole internet (so I assume there is no issue there). I know that they don't owe us that information, but I really think it will make everything easier for them on all ends.

I almost feel like Dan kind of did answer this question in his coming out video by his use of past tense when referring to him and Phil. Like when he said "the relationship that we formed at that point was something that [he] needed in his life." I don't know... I still stand by the belief that they were together at one point and over time that just grew to be an extremely close friendship.

The only thing that conflicts me on this is how long they've been living together. I feel like it would be a little bit weird to live with your ex for so long. But Dan even alluded to how much easier it is for him to have gay hookups than straight at one point in the video and my mind just can't grapple with that. Wouldn't it be awkward taking someone home and banging while your ex is just a few doors away, regardless if you two are friends now?? idk

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

noodlebum wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:34 pm
Anyone see Dan's tweet about going to Pride?
I've seen people mention how odd it is for him to be announcing this ahead of time. This is the same dude who will post about attending an even 2 days after it happens. I highly doubt he'll be roaming the area like a commoner, where any fan can ambush him.

Smarties
Informer
Informer

Post by Smarties »

I go back and forth on if they’re still together. On one hand if they broke up why not mention that? No one can say he’s lying since he admitted the past romantic relationship. And how would you ever date someone else when you call your ex your companion through life and your actual soulmate and also you live and work together?

I would like to believe that they are still together because finding someone you’re that compatible with is rare and I can’t imagine not “taking advantage” of that.

On the other hand are all his references to hook-ups and people sliding into his DMs. Could be jokes or could be an open relationship. Only they could tell us for sure and it doesn’t seem like they will.

urmel
Informer
Informer

Post by urmel »

Smarties wrote:I go back and forth on if they’re still together. On one hand if they broke up why not mention that? No one can say he’s lying since he admitted the past romantic relationship. And how would you ever date someone else when you call your ex your companion through life and your actual soulmate and also you live and work together?

I would like to believe that they are still together because finding someone you’re that compatible with is rare and I can’t imagine not “taking advantage” of that.

On the other hand are all his references to hook-ups and people sliding into his DMs. Could be jokes or could be an open relationship. Only they could tell us for sure and it doesn’t seem like they will.
Might be that he views Phil as his soulmate and romantic partner but doesn't want to have to explain that to his younger audience who might not understand a sexually non-exclusive romantic relationship - if his hook-up talk was serious. Many adults don't even understand it. I would also count myself among those naive people, I remember being taken aback when I heard that Willam (the drag queen) is actually married, because instinctively I don't associate displays of promiscuouty with marriage.

doesanyonereadthese
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by doesanyonereadthese »

noodlebum wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:41 am
doesanyonereadthese wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:13 am
Did you all see both D&P followed Tomska on twitter?
I thought they were all friends anyway and would have already been following him?
Did they only do that recently? How did you see that?
I thought whoever they started following most recently shows in the first line if you go onto the followers page, and Tomska is a lot further down (e.g. Dan started following Tomska before Louise, Jenna Marbles and Cat).

The only people Dan's still following from before he followed Phil is Britney Spears and cutewithchris (whoever that is, with one tweet :? ), Phil has quite a few he's still following pre-Dan though.
I saw it on my twitter notifs:
Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 14.39.23.png

The feeling I have about what's currently going on with Dan and Phil is that they have a typically "unconventional" relationship. From a few things Dan has said it seems to imply not only confusion within his sexuality but also about being monogamous.
To be honest though, anything could be going on there.
I believe the bullying Dan experienced, being closeted for that long and having a level of fame where people are constantly speculating about your sexuality is going to seriously mess with anyone. I wouldn't be surprised to hear D&P have been dating monogamously all this time, but equally I wouldn't be surprised to hear they're in an open partnership or even that they are platonic, most likely even romantic, soulmates.

Maybe they will tell us more but I think it's only natural that Dan hasn't divulged all the information straight away. He's clearly been afraid to come out for a long time, so he probably wanted to see the internets reaction before he told us anymore about his relationship with Phil which is clearly very important(and private) to him.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rainbowme
Talker
Talker

Post by rainbowme »

Dan has liked a ton of tweets about Pride and Stonewall. It's nice to see him finally being comfortable in his sexaulity

Sent fra min SM-A705FN via Tapatalk

rainbowme
Talker
Talker

Post by rainbowme »

Can anyone please explain why some people are saying Dan came out as bi or queer and not gay? He literally says "I'm gay" in the video and has since referred to himself as gay several times.

urmel
Informer
Informer

Post by urmel »

rainbowme wrote:Can anyone please explain why some people are saying Dan came out as bi or queer and not gay? He literally says "I'm gay" in the video and has since referred to himself as gay several times.

Because he said that he prefers the word queer and can't say that he is 100% gay. He says in the video that saying he's gay is part of taking away the power from the word he was abused with. So, to overcome all the pain it has caused him, he faces saying "I am gay" head-on. But maintains that for himself personally, queer is a more apt description.
Hence the title - "basically" he's gay, but he keeps the door open a little.

noodlebum
Learner
Learner

Post by noodlebum »

Yeah, he's 'basically' gay, but doesn't think anyone is really 100% anything/it's fluid, and prefers the word queer as less commitment. He's used gay in most of his tweets etc. since then. So I accept gay and queer for him as that's the terms he's used, and if he elaborates in the future then so be it. He said he used bi to hide behind in the past, he hasn't used it to describe himself now at all.

fuckedoff
Informer
Informer

Post by fuckedoff »

I wonder if Phil might be asexual and their romantic relationship because they weren't on even footing in that sense, but still consider one another soulmates. It would also explain why Dan would have sexual partners in their shared flat and it not be so weird.

Moon
Learner
Learner

Post by Moon »

fuckedoff wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:45 am
I wonder if Phil might be asexual and their romantic relationship because they weren't on even footing in that sense, but still consider one another soulmates. It would also explain why Dan would have sexual partners in their shared flat and it not be so weird.
I don't see phil being asexual at all. People might think that because he is very pg with his video but when you go more into stuff about him that there is on the internet I see no indication of him being asexual. But i could absolutely be wrong, i don't know him personally.

When did dan showed that he had sexual partners in their shared flat ?
:bunny:

Disney_Wolf
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Disney_Wolf »

and now Phil's coming out video

fuckedoff
Informer
Informer

Post by fuckedoff »

[/quote]
fuckedoff wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:45 am

Well never mind! Ha

hagino
Lurker
Lurker

Post by hagino »

Yeah, Phil just came out as well. When I discovered these guys a bit more than six months ago, I would have never expected them to come out. I thought they'd take this to their grave, but I was proven wrong.

And I'm glad I was proven wrong.

tuttifruittitea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tuttifruittitea »

are they together? i can’t watch the video rn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BunTheMarkiBunny
Learner
Learner

Post by BunTheMarkiBunny »

tuttifruittitea wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:19 pm
are they together? i can’t watch the video rn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He didn't mention Dan
Hi :HK:
I haven't been on here in like 4 years omg
PLEASE ignore my username i made it when i was younger

Smarties
Informer
Informer

Post by Smarties »

Ah I’m so proud of Phil! It was such a Phil video.

The only thing I’m disappointed by is that apparently his cramped filming space is here to stay if it’s in this video.

I’m just really happy and a few years ago I never would have imagined them both coming out during Pride month some year.

I hope there won’t be any drama about people giving Dan more attention and support or whatever. It’s two different styles and experiences of the same thing (being gay) and both are valid coming outs.

Return to “Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil”