Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Emma Chamberlain - Part 2

Post by Snotgirl »

ughloml wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:35 pm
Thoughts on these? People assume she’s modelling for CK but that doesn’t make sense as to why the founder of setactive is posting them on her Instagram story
its properly the top shes wearing, it looks like something from setactive at least
Sorry if I'm Snotty !

propaganda 1984
Learner
Learner

Post by propaganda 1984 »

ughloml wrote:
Thoughts on these? People assume she’s modelling for CK but that doesn’t make sense as to why the founder of setactive is posting them on her Instagram story
if she was modelling for ck.... ck must've really fell. there are better models.

Post by Guest »

I don’t really get the look of wearing dad underwear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cherry_pie
Learner
Learner

Post by cherry_pie »

ughloml wrote:
It makes me incredibly uncomfortable to see a 17 year old posing like this :|

ughloml
Informer
Informer

Post by ughloml »

Elah_ww wrote: I don’t really get the look of wearing dad underwear

I get if it’s comfy to wear it in bed as like pyjama shorts because whatever but I don’t get why you would pose with it like that or even wear it day to day tbh, unless she is modelling for ck but you would assume that if she was then they would have put her in the bralettes, no?

xBriarRosex
Lurker
Lurker

Post by xBriarRosex »

It stresses me out that she is 17 and can clearly still not live on her own? Like she seems like she is barely making it, not money-wise but with things like hygiene and just over all taking care of herself?
Excessive showering can be bad, you dont have to shower every day, but people do it for a reason?!

What did her parents teach her?

ughloml
Informer
Informer

Post by ughloml »

xBriarRosex wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:30 am
It stresses me out that she is 17 and can clearly still not live on her own? Like she seems like she is barely making it, not money-wise but with things like hygiene and just over all taking care of herself?
Excessive showering can be bad, you dont have to shower every day, but people do it for a reason?!

What did her parents teach her?
It stresses me out that her parents can’t see that she’s struggling, like yeah give your kid independence but also know when to step in when something’s clearly an issue?

philodendron
Debater
Debater

Post by philodendron »

sasha54 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:11 am
I made a compilation of Emma Chamberlain's gross moments....
Is this a new trend amongst Youtubers or something? I was watching a Chris Klemens video last night and noticed he incorporated some of the disgusting "humor" Emma uses, talking about pee and having an accident in his pants. Lol, it's all really gross and honestly, still would not be funny even if we were all 12.

jmqueen575
Lurker
Lurker

Post by jmqueen575 »

ughloml wrote:Thoughts on these? People assume she’s modelling for CK but that doesn’t make sense as to why the founder of setactive is posting them on her Instagram story
Shes also a manager (she manages Sydney Carlson, and I think Kalani Hilliker) so this could be something with CK... Kinda hoping it’s not lmao

Snotgirl
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Snotgirl »

sasha54 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:11 am
I made a compilation of Emma Chamberlain's gross moments....
this was so nasty to watch holy fucking shit. i dont watch her content so i didnt know it had gotten this bad holy shit
Sorry if I'm Snotty !

Post by Guest »

Ewwwww Fuck she’s really gross. How is that relatable at all!

coconutsun
Informer
Informer

Post by coconutsun »

I'd say people are attacking Emma more about her hygiene because she actually looks dirty and admits to not showering all the time. If she was just making poop jokes I dont think it'd be that bad. I remember watching one vlog when she was in a cafe with her dad and said she had to go shit, which I found nice of vlogger to mention something like that. However, that's changed now because she looks dirty. If you go to Shanes thread they post about him being dirty too.

Post by Guest »

Shane Dawson gets called out for being gross all the time. I don’t really know of any other super well known youtubers that are gross, but he’s the one that comes to mind and it’s talked about negatively a ton for him.

I’ve seen female youtubers get praised for being “relatable” or whatever by talking about pooping/farting/periods/whatever, and I agree that it can be nice to see stuff like that normalized as a woman. Emma just takes it way too far for me and it’s just straight up gross-out humor at this point, which I’m not a fan of. It’s not a once-in-a-while thing with her, it’s all the time and to the point where it’s also super annoying along with gross to hear about. I do feel like she probably exaggerates and thinks being gross is her brand or something now. At least I hope she’s exaggerating.

trashtalk_77
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by trashtalk_77 »

full_send wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:39 pm
Here is a legitimate question for those who DISLIKE Emma: Using the example of the hate video about Emma above, which I checked out and it is from a hate channel that so far only posts hate videos about Emma, Shane, David Dobrik, and Corinna, does anyone think Emma's hygiene issue is being unfairly called out when compared to similar behavior from many male YouTubers? I personally think Emma has been an idiot with her jokes about not showering etc., and maybe she is learning, but I watch a lot of Vlog Squad videos and every male makes personal toilet body function sex gross jokes and no one says anything. There are virtually zero hate videos about any male YouTubers and their hygiene. Is this just the double standard? Boys will be boys and boys can be gross and no one really cares but Emma makes videos with the same jokes and it's the apocalypse. We know the vast majority of social media cyberbullying is done by straight girls against other straight girls, so the pathology of these hate videos against Emma is in line with the internalized regressive sexism that no amount of progressive feminist discourse can undo. Again, I don't defend Emma, but she has been making these types of jokes since summer 2017 and none of her long-time fans really care even if we are annoyed sometimes. But there are now more hate videos about Emma's hygiene than there are about Logan Paul filming a dead body in a forest for views.
Bro. Like someone else said, this is an Emma Chamberlain thread, that's why we are talking about her here. I don't understand why you continue to come in here and try to "educate" people with your long ass paragraphs. :?

harimonious
Learner
Learner

Post by harimonious »

full_send wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:39 pm
Here is a legitimate question for those who DISLIKE Emma: Using the example of the hate video about Emma above, which I checked out and it is from a hate channel that so far only posts hate videos about Emma, Shane, David Dobrik, and Corinna, does anyone think Emma's hygiene issue is being unfairly called out when compared to similar behavior from many male YouTubers? I personally think Emma has been an idiot with her jokes about not showering etc., and maybe she is learning, but I watch a lot of Vlog Squad videos and every male makes personal toilet body function sex gross jokes and no one says anything. There are virtually zero hate videos about any male YouTubers and their hygiene. Is this just the double standard? Boys will be boys and boys can be gross and no one really cares but Emma makes videos with the same jokes and it's the apocalypse. We know the vast majority of social media cyberbullying is done by straight girls against other straight girls, so the pathology of these hate videos against Emma is in line with the internalized regressive sexism that no amount of progressive feminist discourse can undo. Again, I don't defend Emma, but she has been making these types of jokes since summer 2017 and none of her long-time fans really care even if we are annoyed sometimes. But there are now more hate videos about Emma's hygiene than there are about Logan Paul filming a dead body in a forest for views.
i acc agree with you to a certain extent. people are deffo harsher on emma about her hygiene than most other youtubers even though they can be just as gross or grosser. But I would say if you go on the Shane thread people give him flack about his hygiene there too. It's not like people are ONLY hating on Emma. But people are particularly hating on emma. Maybe it's because she puts it out there to be hated on? idk. it's not my business how often she needs to shower.

Return to “Emma Chamberlain”