Emma Chamberlain - Part 2

sistersnatched
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Emma Chamberlain - Part 2

Post by sistersnatched » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:44 am

has anyone considered that perhaps emma and olivia are dating (?) just saw olivia's boring video on painting and talking about her feelings and emma cosies up to her in a way i've never seen her interact w the girdies etc. weird because emma has always seemed straight to me

Mosie926
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mosie926 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:49 am

sistersnatched wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:44 am
has anyone considered that perhaps emma and olivia are dating (?) just saw olivia's boring video on painting and talking about her feelings and emma cosies up to her in a way i've never seen her interact w the girdies etc. weird because emma has always seemed straight to me
I've been thinking that for some time now.
Ignore most of my posts, I'm probably drunk.

Lauren1328
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Lauren1328 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:46 am

sistersnatched wrote:
Olivia has a boyfriend doesn’t she?

noodlepoodle
Debater
Debater

Post by noodlepoodle » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:47 am

Lauren1328 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:46 am
sistersnatched wrote:
im pretty sure she doesnt. i think ur mixing her up with hannah (she has a boyfriend)
:love2: :love2:

Lauren1328
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Lauren1328 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:39 pm

noodlepoodle wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:47 am
Lauren1328 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:46 am
sistersnatched wrote:
im pretty sure she doesnt. i think ur mixing her up with hannah (she has a boyfriend)
i was sure she was rumoured to be dating Mikey Murphy but maybe not.

ChibiAngel
Informer
Informer

Post by ChibiAngel » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:48 pm

All I'm wondering is what happened to Ethan/Emma? (If they ever were actually together)
-There is only the the truth and your opinon-

:corn: :corn:

ughloml
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ughloml » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:21 pm

ChibiAngel wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:48 pm
All I'm wondering is what happened to Ethan/Emma? (If they ever were actually together)
I feel like they had to have been together. Idk. I think what sells it the most for me is the fact that Emma went to the twins dads funeral. Fair enough she could have just been there for support like Bryant was but she hasn’t even known the twins as friends for a year so idk, I just think that solidifies the fact that they were together. I could obviously be completely wrong though haha.

I don’t think they’re together anymore though and stopped being together after his dad passed. Probably because Ethan’s priorities changed or he didn’t think he could handle it maybe, it just seems like that makes the most sense timing wise to me.
But, saying that, all the ethma Instagram pages are pointing out that she still has a picture of what seems to be him and her in her new apartment so maybe they’re just keeping quiet until her birthday because then she’s legal?? Even though I think it’s weird that that’s even a big deal to some people lmao they’re literally not even two years apart 🙄

Lauren1328
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Lauren1328 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:41 pm

ughloml wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:21 pm
ChibiAngel wrote:
I feel like they had to have been together. Idk. I think what sells it the most for me is the fact that Emma went to the twins dads funeral. Fair enough she could have just been there for support like Bryant was but she hasn’t even known the twins as friends for a year so idk, I just think that solidifies the fact that they were together. I could obviously be completely wrong though haha.

I don’t think they’re together anymore though and stopped being together after his dad passed. Probably because Ethan’s priorities changed or he didn’t think he could handle it maybe, it just seems like that makes the most sense timing wise to me.
But, saying that, all the ethma Instagram pages are pointing out that she still has a picture of what seems to be him and her in her new apartment so maybe they’re just keeping quiet until her birthday because then she’s legal?? Even though I think it’s weird that that’s even a big deal to some people lmao they’re literally not even two years apart 🙄
Yeah i saw that on instagram too about the framed pic in her new apartment, at least that shows that even if they aren’t together, they’re still on good terms at least. Would be weird though to keep a picture up with your ex which makes me think they’re still dating.

Mosie926
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mosie926 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:45 pm

ughloml wrote:
ChibiAngel wrote:

The big deal is it is illegal for an adult to date an under 18 year old. 2 months or 2 years. Ethan could point blank go to jail if they publicly dated and be labled a sex offender for the rest of his life.

eimsbaz
Learner
Learner

Post by eimsbaz » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:55 pm

Mosie926 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:45 pm
ughloml wrote:
ChibiAngel wrote:

The big deal is it is illegal for an adult to date an under 18 year old. 2 months or 2 years. Ethan could point blank go to jail if they publicly dated and be labled a sex offender for the rest of his life.

lmaooo are you serious? of course it's not illegal for them to date. it's illegal for them to have sex but who can prove that they've had sex? nothing can happen to him unless Emma reports him, which she obviously won't.
But I think they broke up, or at the very least are taking a break. They for sure were dating at one point. I follow some ethma accounts and they haven't hung out (or at least been caught hanging out) since January when she went to visit him in NJ for his fathers funeral. idk it's weird

seacuddle
Talker
Talker

Post by seacuddle » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:56 pm

18 year olds can date 17 year olds in California, it is not illegal. There is no "legal" definition of the word date that involves sexual intercourse.

If they publicly admitted to having sex then yes, Ethan could then be charged as they would be admitting he committed a crime

I live in California and nobody "waits", especially in high schools. it makes no difference they are "public figures". Tanner Fox publicly dated a 21 year old when he was like 17? maybe 16.

ughloml
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ughloml » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:14 pm

Mosie926 wrote:
ughloml wrote:
ChibiAngel wrote:

I do understand that and it’s also not illegal to date it’s illegal to have sex but whatever that’s been said, I still don’t find it weird idk but I’m also from the uk where the age of consent is 16 so that’s probably why it’s less of a big deal to me haha

lexlauren00
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0

Post by lexlauren00 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:29 pm

Hey guys. First time poster on here. For someone whose been studying Fashion Merchandising and Marketing in a California State School (no, not fidm) for 4 years, I can say Louis' decision to choose her makes a lot of sense. I've done endless research on the luxury fashion industry and it's future regarding future generations. As much as it may seem like luxury fashion is at its peak, it has been on the decline for years. Studies prove that the younger generations just are not connecting to luxury and big name brands as much as older generations. Fast-fashion is a large contributor to this. Think about it. Our parents, grandparents, etc did not have new brands popping up daily with items being sold dirt cheap. Studies are showing that younger generations are not as "loyal" to brands like older generations are. For example, I bet a lot of you have parents who have used one single makeup brand for years whereas younger generations are dabbling in new brands everyday. Louis' decision to choose Emma comes from trying to target a new market. They want to keep the younger generations interested in high/luxury fashion. The difference in choosing an influencer who is fashion based, is that that influencer's followers are likely fashion fans themselves. Choosing Emma means opening their market to a brand new group of consumers, who may not have been interested in high fashion otherwise. It is simply a way to target a brand new market. As annoying as it may seem, it is a really smart move on Louis' part.

Mosie926
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mosie926 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:46 pm

ughloml wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:14 pm
Mosie926 wrote:
ughloml wrote:
ChibiAngel wrote:

I do understand that and it’s also not illegal to date it’s illegal to have sex but whatever that’s been said, I still don’t find it weird idk but I’m also from the uk where the age of consent is 16 so that’s probably why it’s less of a big deal to me haha
I live in PA in the US and the age of consent is 16 here also, to my knowledge no age gap law. For me it looked like they were playing it safe, if they were actually in a relationship. I personally have no problem with an 17 year old with a 18/19 year old, but CA law is the law. I think(my opinion) they just wanted(if they are/were in a relationship) to have all their ducks in a row.

ballys404
Informer
Informer

Post by ballys404 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:39 am

loverlove2you wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:16 pm
Mosie926 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:31 pm

I watched the video when it was uploaded with Emma's lighting. The coloring of the bb cream was the color difference of her with her fake tan on(maybe a tad lighter). If we aren't calling white people who tan out, we can't call her out for being the same color she is when she tans. The girl does enough messed up stuff without people making stuff up for attention. FYI, I'm a dark skinned POC.
I’m a light skinned POC, but most of my family are brown skin so it still bothers me a lil bit. And correct me if my wrong maybe my friend is dumb lol but she’s white and she says MOST white people cant tan, they just burn and peel which is why they’ll get spray tans and tanning lotions. And the point of tans is to get a nice glow which is okay but not over do it where you look multiple shades darker than you actually are. And i’m speculating here, so we can’t call her out when she tans bc she can’t she probably burns which is why she resorts to tanning lotions. I don’t know all in all for a white person she should just have avoided it. Buuuuut i could be overreacting lol
This is old tea and probably annoying to talk about now so i’ll stop after this lol
eh not really true at all, if you're rosy pale, like a lot of say scottish, irish, english people, you'll most likely burn and peel, but 99% of caucasian people I know can tan quite deep, for anecdotal purposes I'm nc15 in winter but during summer i can tan down to an nc35-40 while still wearing SPF

kpierre
Learner
Learner

Post by kpierre » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:53 pm

ughloml wrote:
Mosie926 wrote:
ughloml wrote:
ChibiAngel wrote:

It is legal if they are within a certain number of years of age. Like 22 and 16 not okay, 18 and 17 is okay. You have to be more than 4 years apart for it to be illegal.

ssodozoxox
Stalker
Stalker
Been thanked: 0

Post by ssodozoxox » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:31 pm

kpierre wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:53 pm
ughloml wrote:
Mosie926 wrote:
ughloml wrote:
ChibiAngel wrote:

It is legal if they are within a certain number of years of age. Like 22 and 16 not okay, 18 and 17 is okay. You have to be more than 4 years apart for it to be illegal.
In California it is a misdemeanor if you are engaging in sexual intercourse with someone 3 years older or younger.
It is a felony if they are more than 3 years older than the minor. So technically they can both get in trouble which makes sense why they feel the need to hide it until she turns 18.

Daynahhhh
Learner
Learner

Post by Daynahhhh » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:12 pm

omg how many times does the ethma age difference need to be brought up ITS NOT ILLEGAL! in any way!!!!!

seacuddle
Talker
Talker

Post by seacuddle » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:52 pm

lexlauren00 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:29 pm
Hey guys. First time poster on here. For someone whose been studying Fashion Merchandising and Marketing in a California State School (no, not fidm) for 4 years, I can say Louis' decision to choose her makes a lot of sense. I've done endless research on the luxury fashion industry and it's future regarding future generations. As much as it may seem like luxury fashion is at its peak, it has been on the decline for years. Studies prove that the younger generations just are not connecting to luxury and big name brands as much as older generations. Fast-fashion is a large contributor to this. Think about it. Our parents, grandparents, etc did not have new brands popping up daily with items being sold dirt cheap. Studies are showing that younger generations are not as "loyal" to brands like older generations are. For example, I bet a lot of you have parents who have used one single makeup brand for years whereas younger generations are dabbling in new brands everyday. Louis' decision to choose Emma comes from trying to target a new market. They want to keep the younger generations interested in high/luxury fashion. The difference in choosing an influencer who is fashion based, is that that influencer's followers are likely fashion fans themselves. Choosing Emma means opening their market to a brand new group of consumers, who may not have been interested in high fashion otherwise. It is simply a way to target a brand new market. As annoying as it may seem, it is a really smart move on Louis' part.
this is really interesting! I wonder if Emma's "sponsorship" type deal with Louis will have any impact to speak of on their sales? even if she's generating interest with this brand among younger people, that doesn't necessarily mean they'll be able to afford it. OR i wonder if they're hoping other influencers will follow in Emma's footsteps and buy more Louis in hopes of getting a sponsorship.

greenappleflavors
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by greenappleflavors » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:59 pm

Same
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cherry_pie
Learner
Learner

Post by cherry_pie » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:45 am

greenappleflavors wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:59 pm
Same
I’m no doctor, but that can’t be healthy

pandry
Informer
Informer

Post by pandry » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:07 am

Hopefully she cleaned any mess she made... but knowing Emma...

lyddiemarie
Talker
Talker

Post by lyddiemarie » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:13 am

greenappleflavors wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:59 pm
Same
How???????? :(

ughloml
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ughloml » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:26 am

seacuddle wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:52 pm
lexlauren00 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:29 pm
this is really interesting! I wonder if Emma's "sponsorship" type deal with Louis will have any impact to speak of on their sales? even if she's generating interest with this brand among younger people, that doesn't necessarily mean they'll be able to afford it. OR i wonder if they're hoping other influencers will follow in Emma's footsteps and buy more Louis in hopes of getting a sponsorship.
I mean I hate to bring up the twins over and over again but since Emma went to Paris theyve been wearing more Louis.
That could also be because of their collab with Jeffree though, or a coincidence.

cat-astrophe
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by cat-astrophe » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:30 am

ballys404 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:39 am
loverlove2you wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:16 pm
Mosie926 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:31 pm

I watched the video when it was uploaded with Emma's lighting. The coloring of the bb cream was the color difference of her with her fake tan on(maybe a tad lighter). If we aren't calling white people who tan out, we can't call her out for being the same color she is when she tans. The girl does enough messed up stuff without people making stuff up for attention. FYI, I'm a dark skinned POC.
I’m a light skinned POC, but most of my family are brown skin so it still bothers me a lil bit. And correct me if my wrong maybe my friend is dumb lol but she’s white and she says MOST white people cant tan, they just burn and peel which is why they’ll get spray tans and tanning lotions. And the point of tans is to get a nice glow which is okay but not over do it where you look multiple shades darker than you actually are. And i’m speculating here, so we can’t call her out when she tans bc she can’t she probably burns which is why she resorts to tanning lotions. I don’t know all in all for a white person she should just have avoided it. Buuuuut i could be overreacting lol
This is old tea and probably annoying to talk about now so i’ll stop after this lol
eh not really true at all, if you're rosy pale, like a lot of say scottish, irish, english people, you'll most likely burn and peel, but 99% of caucasian people I know can tan quite deep, for anecdotal purposes I'm nc15 in winter but during summer i can tan down to an nc35-40 while still wearing SPF
I second this. For reference: I'm pale af (with rosy undertones), I burn and peel. I only get a light tan if I take Melanin/Carotin pills. By "tan" I mean that my bff with olive/mediterranean complexion (still a 100% caucasian) has more of a tan during wintertime than I could ever get. She tans quite easily. One time she tanned for like an afternoon bc it was one of the first warm days, and later she had almost the same complexion as our mutual moroccan friend who was working at the office all day.

However, is it blackface if she bought the wrong shade of foundation and didnt include any malice/parodies of poc? Dont mean to be insensitive, I srsly have no idea and the internet is giving me different answers
:FU: :FU:

Return to “Emma Chamberlain”