Thanks for the new thread. Following.

butitsbetterifyoudo
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DoddleOddle / Dodie Clark - Part 4

Post by butitsbetterifyoudo »

Who is this Karim guy and what happened between him and Dodie?

Post by Guest »

Following.

Imo Evan is shady as FUCK and I don't trust anything he says. If Dodie doesn't come out and say something, she's shady too.

fighead
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fighead »

My main issue is that Dodie deleted the video and never mentioned it. Does that mean you think you expressed the situation wrong, or what? It's really odd for her to make those accusations and then later delete them like they never happened. I'd like to know her reasoning for that.

Post by Guest »

I agree that this Karim looks really shady in this video. The fact that he spends so much time talking about how he was feeling during that trip when that is not what is asked and not particularly relevant to the subject at hand makes me think that he is hiding stuff. I might be wrong, though, but to me it shows that he has some manipulative traits. I personally believe that he wasn't so unaware of what he was doing in that bed... idk

Regarding Evan, however, I believe him. It sounds like him. Evan probably acted as a joke and didn't stop when asked to. That man has always been shady and annoying af. And the fact that Dodie and Evan never denied his attitude that day and just brushed it aside says everything.

Now why did Dodie delete the video and never said anything about it? Who knows. It might be because she didn't want to appear as if she was defending Karim when there were real accusations against him. Maybe she wanted to distance herself from all this drama. Who knows. Maybe she will tell us, or not. This story is old and most people following her now probably weren't there when all that sh*t went down. She might thinks it's better to keep it buried.

Dado
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Dado »

I cannot stand Doodoo or Evan.
Just everything about her, her crooked ass eyebrows, the whole I'm so delicate and special act, her squeaky adorkable voice, the dopey faces she constantly pulls...she looks really dumb.

The Karim guy hasn't said anything for 4 years...so why be surprised if he rambles at the beginning, it makes sense to him to get everything out since he was silenced and shunned. He genuinely looks like he's been through some sh*t.

Precious Dodo isn't a saint, didn't she admit to being a bully when she was younger, she so looks like a sneaky b*tch who paints her self as a victim and loves sympathy...hence her crooked eyebrows are always stuck in a dumb position.

PocketPLocket
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PocketPLocket »

As someone who admits Karim isn't an angel, I don't think him nervously rambling is a sign that he's lying about anything. I'd think that if someone said something that ruined your life, you would want to give a full, detailed explanation of your version of events. And of course he is nervous, because he's potentially opening himself up for more abuse. I think I would ramble and seem edgy in a similar situation.

Dodie really should say something. By deleting the video and not saying anything she looks so dodgy. And the fact she's not even gone silent, she's going to parties and having a laugh with her mates all over social media just looks so weird to me.

aaa123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by aaa123 »

thanks for making a new thread!

LaFleche
Informer
Informer

Post by LaFleche »

Thanks, Following <3
Not a native English speaker, thank you.

Gingerpandas
Learner
Learner

Post by Gingerpandas »

Has dodie replied to Karim yet?

Post by Guest »

No. Only Evan has responded.

Mleeps
Talker
Talker

Post by Mleeps »

Thats dodgy af of dodie to be honest

onmywayhome
Learner
Learner

Post by onmywayhome »

My guess: she will pretend she has no clue about the issue, hope for the case to fade away and for people to change their focus onto another drama. I hope Karim and ppl wanting the justice (in the case of repeatedly calling him rapist, imo this is the worst thing she's done - labelling him like that - if anything he could have been called a "molester" in her video but she still should have refrain from such strong words) will not shut up until she responds.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk
queen of typos

I'm not a native English speaker, so I make a lot of mistakes, but I hope you will forgive me <3

PocketPLocket
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PocketPLocket »

On Twitter when people are saying that Dodie shouldn't have used the words "rape" and "rapist" (which she absolutely shouldn't have done, even if her version of events are true), Evan jumps on them saying they're defending a child predator. If people ask Evan about inappropriately touching Karim, he says they're defending a child predator. Way to deflect. What a wanker.

ETA: I don't think many people want to absolve Karim of all his sins and say he is a great guy, but Evan and Dodie don't seem to realise the implications of calling someone a rapist and that is kind of terrifying.

Oh my sea
Learner
Learner

Post by Oh my sea »

[tweet][/tweet]

I'm not sure what I think of this as he still comes off as angry over the whole thing whilst trying to defend Dodie whos yet to say a single word on the situation. However, has come out finally to say that he'd never touch the guy and Karim is just using it to deflect what he did to Dodie. Evan also talks about his sexuality and how being asked to sign a condom before grossed him out so he'd never touch a penis.

aaaaaaaaaah
Informer
Informer

Post by aaaaaaaaaah »

Groping people obviously isn't okay, which makes it so perfect for a strawman argument: "This guy has to have done everything I say he's done because he's also done other stuff.". Karim obviously isn't a great guy, but that doesn't mean he deserves to be called a rapist. (does anyone know how old Karim is? if he was 16/17 when the asking for nudes from a 15y/o stuff happened it's very different to if he was 18+. it's not good either way but one is a hell of a lot worse and inexcusable and there's no defending it)

Also, every time Evan comes up as a topic on this forum so many people say 'yeah, he's creepy', or 'oh, I don't like him', or 'he just seems slimy'. Signing a condom at a meet up from a random person is incredibly different to joking with friends when you've been drinking and doing weed. I'd feel uncomfortable getting changed at an open changing room at a swimming pool, but I'll happily go in a group one and change with my friends. So many people see him and have the exact same reaction with Evan - something about him is off. Evan has been called manipulative by more than just people on his forum. Old friends of his, people who have met him working at conventions, even bigger youtubers who got a bad vibe and refused to work with him, so many people seem to think this about him.

He makes weird connections, too:
I am repulsed by a lot of this stuff and in no world would I ever touch anyone's anything...The fact he assaulted her there backs up this claim.

What? He's saying that the assault proves his demisexuality and the fact that now it's proven means that he couldn't have done anything. This isn't how facts work. At all. Maybe Evan is just bad at getting his points across but it just seems like he's grasping at anything he can find.

I feel like I remember the original video pretty well. Dodie said that he was stroking her stomach and chest and then his fingers moved down to her abdomen. Nothing she said suggested rape other than when she shouted it at the start of the video and went on to call him a rapist online. Really, she needs to be the one to say something. She's the one who brought it all to light and she's the one people are most confused about.

Just a little thing of "i'm sticking with my story" would be helpful. By ignoring it, she's making herself look more and more suspicious and Evan isn't helping their case.

As a final thought, I'd like to leave one of Evan's tweets:

witchpaws
Informer
Informer

Post by witchpaws »

If Evan did assault him why the hell did he stay in that cramped bed with him when there was a couch and another less crowded bed available? idk as someone who doesn't have a strong opinion of anyone involved that seems very strange. It just seems like he just wanted to get close to Dodie and made a big deal about Evan touching him until it he got there.

aaaaaaaaaah
Informer
Informer

Post by aaaaaaaaaah »

witchpaws wrote:If Evan did assault him why the hell did he stay in that cramped bed with him when there was a couch and another less crowded bed available? idk as someone who doesn't have a strong opinion of anyone involved that seems very strange. It just seems like he just wanted to get close to Dodie and made a big deal about Evan touching him until it he got there.
The only possible answer to that is how much edibles+alcohol (really just edibles on their own) can screw you up. They can make you super anxious and, depending on the person, you either need to be alone or really need to be around people to feel like you're not dying, but I will admit that it could still be a problem in Karim's side of the story.

MissDelaney27
Talker
Talker

Post by MissDelaney27 »

Thanks for the new thread! Following

Return to “DoddleOddle/ Dodie Clark”