Re: Colleen

Post by melissah »

Dr Quandary wrote:
melissah wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:01 am
Dr Quandary wrote:
pious wrote:
Smileykt89 wrote:

And I assume she’s not doing anything to address it? I can’t watch her anymore. But if she wants to benefit her viewers then she should show herself taking steps to fix the problems that are causing her to pick at her skin.
She said she’s been going to therapy but it hasn’t helped.

She did this same thing of “helping” people with feelings about stretch marks and loose skin by calling her own body gross and disgusting. She acts all woke but she’s just reinforcing negative feelings in people that have the same “gross” issues as her.

This is so true - this is exactly what has been angering me about he recently. A while ago she went on about how she was frustrated with herself because she couldn't love her own body during pregnancy, but she explained that she loves other bigger woman's bodies and 'everybody is beautiful'. But after the pregnancy she talked about how her body was RUINED thanks to stretch marks (which a lot of women have due to non-pregnancy related growing/puberty). She showed her fans that her pregnancy was miserable, she hated her larger body, she felt disgusting being larger, and that her post-pregnancy body is 'ruined'. That's such harmful language and I think it's more damaging than she may think.

A lot of people in her comments go on about how 'she is allowed to feel how she feels' and 'how about let her express her feelings' but they seem to forget she has a very large, primarily young, very impressionable audience who may consciously or unconsciously internalise the things she says. She is contributing to the problem, she is perpetuating this idea that women's bodies are 'destroyed' after child birth because they change shape/texture/size. I think she has some really deep and worrying body image issues that I really hope she works on in therapy.

In terms of the skin-picking, the way she is talking about it is saturated with self loathing and it is really unhelpful for those who also have the condition. As someone who is currently in therapy for OCD and has skin-picking disorder, it's actually really jarring to hear someone talk about it with such disgust.
I do somewhat compulsively pick at my skin and scalp too, it has slowly got worse and I really need to address it. Sorry you have the disorder!
Thank you :love2: I hope you find a way to address it that helps you - I recently bought a fidget cube and it's really helped me (along with therapy!) xx
I've been thinking about buying a fidget cube for this! Definitely doing it now... considering therapy also! xx Thanks for your well wishes too.

ghostmytoaster
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Colleen "Yaaay I'm not pregnant anymore" Mommager Part 6

Post by ghostmytoaster »

YouslessTube wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:45 pm
She’s started her weird gross loud burping and farting around Erik too. This bitch needs to realise not all men are like Joshua, not all guys are head over heels for her to excuse her nasty habits in the long term. Right now Erik is bearing it as they’re in the honeymoon stage & Colleen thinks it’s so qUiRkY to belch like an ill mannered spoiled 12year old redneck brat. I don’t see their relationship lasting past 5years.
This, and I don't even think it's a "men won't deal with this" thing. I've heard her talk in the past "If you can't burp or fart in front of your spouse, everyone does it, yada, yada yada" Yeah, but there's a difference in between "I'm about to burp/fart, I can't help it, but I'm going to do it as polite as possible and say "excuse me" afterwards" and "How fucking gross can I be????"

ytlover03
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ytlover03 »

does anyone else think that colleen and erik will only stay together because they have a child together?

pious
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by pious »

ytlover03 wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:04 am
does anyone else think that colleen and erik will only stay together because they have a child together?
No, she's also his sugar mama. :D

Kristenberry
Informer
Informer

Post by Kristenberry »

ytlover03 wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:04 am
I don't know. People often stay in marriages no matter what goes down. I agree with pious that he's very likely reliant on her financially. Not that he couldn't break free if he wanted to but there's a lot that I can't figure out about them. There's no telling what it's actually like when cameras aren't rolling. It's obvious that we are always going to get a polished version of people on social media but I have a feeling it goes even further than that for vloggers. They have to make things look great. Look how Colleen pretended things were normal right before divorcing Josh. I'm not sure what will happen but I feel bad for Flynn either way. I want to hope they get along enough for his sake but nobody really knows Colleen. That's why her worshippers crack me up so much. They don't know what she's like unedited.

dew2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dew2 »

Kristenberry wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:12 am
I don't know. People often stay in marriages no matter what goes down. I agree with pious that he's very likely reliant on her financially. Not that he couldn't break free if he wanted to but there's a lot that I can't figure out about them. There's no telling what it's actually like when cameras aren't rolling. It's obvious that we are always going to get a polished version of people on social media but I have a feeling it goes even further than that for vloggers. They have to make things look great. Look how Colleen pretended things were normal right before divorcing Josh. I'm not sure what will happen but I feel bad for Flynn either way. I want to hope they get along enough for his sake but nobody really knows Colleen. That's why her worshippers crack me up so much. They don't know what she's like unedited.
It's pretty bad when Colleen's polished version already shows obvious cracks in such a new relationship. Erik gives her side-eye in every video, and there's already far less lovey-dovey stuff. Also, despite being an actor, Erik seems like an introvert who gets exhausted being around Colleen and her constant friend/family circus.

Of course I doubt they're at a point where he's thinking of divorce, lol, but weirdly I think some of the same problems are going to crop up that happened between her and Josh, even though Erik and Josh are very different people.

ohhhmydarling
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Colleen

Post by ohhhmydarling »

Kristenberry wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:02 am
theantiblair wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:21 am
melissah wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:18 am
RegularToe wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:41 am
There’s no way this will last beyond Flynn’s 5th birthday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whoa... she's toxic! She really needs to get her bitchiness and domineering selfishness under control. Admittedly Josh was annoying but she's treating Erik in the same way. Erik seems lovely, and he's cute! He looks like he should be in The Strokes! Ugh he deserves better. She's so obnoxious. She really does have a very nasty personality.

And I just don't believe she doesn't know who Jack Nicholson, Nicolas Cage, Al Pacino, Denzel Washington, Keanu Reeves and George Clooney are. It's clearly an irritating affectation. I'm the same age as her. There is no way she didn't grow up with movies like The Shining, Face/Off, The Godfather and The Matrix playing on TV. And ER. She knew it was Tom Cruise. Faux-hesitation... I never really watch movies either unless I'm on a plane or someone wants to go to the cinema with me. But I know these people!!!
I do wonder if her very religious upbringing has something to do with it. I have a friend who was homeschooled as a child for religious reasons like Colleen, and she never understands pop culture references that everyone else our age gets because she was sheltered from a lot of tv and movies until she went to college.

So I think there’s probably some validity to her never having seen movies that “everyone” has seen, but I still think a ton of the video was her just playing it up and pretending. There’s no way she doesn’t know who Keanu Reeves is, her whole life is the internet and he’s a huge meme. Same with Nicholas Cage. And give me a break with her not knowing what the Avengers is and thinking it’s Star Wars. 🙄 I hate superheroes and sci fi but a few months ago you couldn’t go on social media without seeing someone post about that movie!
I definitely think it's possible that some people are out of the loop but Colleen was milking it. Erik knew that which makes the video stupid and not entertaining. I was beyond irritated when she paused at Tom Cruise. It's as if even she knew she couldn't pull off pretending. She is so shady. I've never seen an Al Pacino movie and he wasn't my generation. He changes in appearance often and I still knew exactly who he was. She is supremely selfish and spoiled so it is possible that she doesn't care to know about things. As far as religion goes, the Ballingers don't seem very extreme about pop culture. Gwen supports this YouTube ridiculousness even when it's inappropriate. My more lax parents would never participate in or encourage that type of thing. Then again, Colleen likely pays the bills 🙄 Such a circus....lol
Colleen definitely acts dumb about things she knows perfectly well. In Ro's new video where they eat weird pies, she acts incredulous when the topic of Taki's comes up. "What's a TAKI??? I've NEVER had a hot cheeto before."

Look. I understand having never tried certain snacks before, but every single person who has ever walked down the chip aisle of a grocery store or glanced inside of a gas station in California has seen a bag of Takis. Maybe not everyone has bought them or tried them, but you've seen the bright purple bag and noticed they're existence. Trisha Paytas just did a video where she ate a bunch of them. YouTuber's and Mukbanger's constantly bring them up. They were even in a Justin Bieber video years ago. No way she hasn't heard a single person mention them. No way she hasn't seen a single bag. She does this to feel special and it's obnoxious.

Kristenberry
Informer
Informer

Post by Kristenberry »

dew2 wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:58 pm
Kristenberry wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:12 am
It's pretty bad when Colleen's polished version already shows obvious cracks in such a new relationship. Erik gives her side-eye in every video, and there's already far less lovey-dovey stuff. Also, despite being an actor, Erik seems like an introvert who gets exhausted being around Colleen and her constant friend/family circus.

Of course I doubt they're at a point where he's thinking of divorce, lol, but weirdly I think some of the same problems are going to crop up that happened between her and Josh, even though Erik and Josh are very different people.
I know!!! This is the most mind boggling part of it for me. She has the ability to edit herself and still can't fool us. I'm amazed at how many of her followers don't see it or don't care. That's what brought me to these sites. I'm always exposed to annoying toxic people but she has this unbelievable fanbase that I can't believe. I truly can't believe she is so popular.

Another thing that I remind myself about is how long she was with Josh. She hasn't been with Erik nearly as long. It often takes a while for people like Colleen to let their guard down and act more like themselves. Josh has more compatibility with Colleen than Erik and would have stayed with her forever. Erik is annoying but I don't know how he stands living with her. He clearly doesn't like to vlog and it's awkward whenever he does. He thinks of himself as a hipster but hipsters would never like something as mainstream as Colleen. She's not even good at pretending to be unique because she's not. That's not even a diss either. I'm not a fan of hipsters since many of them are posers anyway. Colleen has always been problematic in my view but she used to be more likeable at least when she wasn't always trying on different personalities.

I'm also so aggravated by the breast feeding part of her latest video. I can't keep up with her. One day she's pumping and saying she often doesn't produce much. Now she's a milk machine. She was condescending about formula feeding even when she thought she was trying to be woke. It doesn't work when it's you, Colleen. We know you're smug as hell about breastfeeding. There's no hiding it.

@ohhhmydarling: Uh oh. I hope that's a California thing because I don't know what a TAKI is? 😂

pious
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by pious »

I didn't know what takis were either. And I love snacks.

zoeyisqueen
Talker
Talker

Post by zoeyisqueen »

Colleen "I'm the only mom on Broadway" Ballinger

Lis2
Talker
Talker

Post by Lis2 »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:01 am
New thread name ideas??
Colleen B.- The One & Only Lactating Super Sugar Mama On Broadway

Cheesey
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheesey »

Remember that annoying blonde she was friends with whilst married to Josh? Are they still friends?

YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty

Post by YouslessTube »

Cheesey wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:34 pm
Remember that annoying blonde she was friends with whilst married to Josh? Are they still friends?
Hahaha I really had to think who you were talking about and I know who it is but can’t recall her name. But no I don’t think Colleen and her are friends because she and her husband are/were closer to Joshua and took his side during the nasty divorce.

trashtalker666
Informer
Informer

Post by trashtalker666 »

Rebecca Zamolo?

Return to “Colleen Ballinger / Miranda Sings”