The Merrell Twins

Forum rules
Please keep in mind - No Homophobic or Racist Posts!
Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: The Merrell Twins

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

I don’t think they’ll get a divorce. I just think it’s going to be tough to adjust. He knew going into it that she came from a bubble of privilege. But i think he woulda been smart enough to encourage her to live with him long before proposing. Especially since it sounded like they were talking about it for a while. So why didn’t he encourage her independence more instead of pushing her into the cold pool the second they got married. She needed to warm up to being an independent person. Roni despite being married, gives off more immature vibes. She practically had a meltdown about pricking her finger for the food sensitivity video. Idk if that was overdone for the camera or what? I feel like they really dumb down their personalities for the camera to be more appealing to their child audience. Like they almost talk down to their audience and amp up the baby talk. So maybe freaking out over the finger prick was to be more relatable to kids who don’t like shots. Like i really Don’t do needles. I could never be diabetic cause the mere thought of pricking my own finger just makes me want to pass away. But i would be fine having my mom or sister do it and me look away. She couldn’t even have her mom do it without it being hysteria. So idk. She comes off so much as the more childish one.

Nessa is definitely cleaner but it’s a far stretch to say that is not as bad as Roni. She cleaned Roni’s bathroom cause there was no space to wash her face or do her makeup. But Nessa’s bathroom was also covered in products. It wasn’t at all neat and tidy.

I’m also curious if this relationship with Nessa and John will last. He’s certainly a pretty boy and they both seem to like Star Wars but i don’t feel the same playful energy between them as you see with Roni and Aaron. Like i feel Like she’s only dating him cause he is a pretty boy and they have that one thing in common. Aside from that, i get the feeling like he would know the difference between a Bang and a Rockstar if you asked and he probably has cans of C4 and a 40 ounce container of Whey protein powder in his kitchen. I get gym bro vibes and maybe a sports car connoisseur. He got way too excited about the Porsche Nessa rented for the $10,000 date challenge. I can’t Imagine she is all that impressed about how many plates he can squat and what the horsepower of that luxury vehicle is. But who knows maybe I’m reading too deep into it. Maybe she likes meatheads.

Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0

Post by 11212020 »

I just watched the video of them reacting to the song their dad did and i honestly felt so bad for him. I get if the genre just isn't for them but they could've appreciated his efforts more. Especially since it took him 2 months! It seemed like majority of their fans even preferred his version more and even people in their comments were calling them out on their reaction. The part that made me the most upset was their absolute refusal to put it on Spotify and itunes like... What's wrong with having two versions of the song available. I think they really thought their fans would side with them but most people liked the song better including me actually.

As for Nessa and John, i skip a lot of their content but Nessa's always come off as the type of person that cares more about looks than anything else. Like shes they type that looks for a more superficial relationship which is fine. Some people prefer depth in a relationship while others prefer something more lighthearted and fun. But idk how long that'll last. Even with her old bf Aaron they didn't seem to have a lot of chemistry despite being together for 3 years so 🤷‍♀️ who knows how things will go with this guy. She doesn't seem to have high standards for relationships

Also I hope Roni and Aaron wait a few years too have kids. I'm surprised Roni is a wife now cuz she always came off so immature to me. I really can't see her being a good mom at this point in life. She's needs more life experience first cuz i don't think she fully understands what having a kid entails

Anchalee
Learner
Learner

Post by Anchalee »

Idk I feel like a lot of the time they play stupid to seem more relatable to their younger audience coz in their members stream they act way mature, not their age but way more mature than in their public domain. Id what to say about her nagging in Aaron’s video. Irks me sometimes and sometimes I just understand that it takes adjustments especially if you’ve never lived together and sometimes I feel like it’s her need to look proper on camera and thus she complains about certain things. Unfortunately for her Aaron records and keeps these stuffs in the vlogs. And so she comes off like she’s nagging. Coz on members she’ll be seen gushing about Aaron all the time that it does get too much. Don’t think they’ll divorce for sure. They seem to enjoy each other company, I just think we’re judging and being harsh on her for little things that we might be doing in our lives too without realizing it.

On the other hand m, I do think they’re kinda spoiled, not brats and they’re very detached from the actual goal and most of the times don’t realize what they’re doing or saying comes off mean or selfish or self centered or privilege. Part of it is their parenting never facing difficult situations or hardships in their lives. Like they really did get it easy. And the other reason is their fan base. They’ve got the kind of fans that will blindly support them and not call them out in their bs or even give constructive criticism. Their fans are always like “yes YOURE right, I totally agree” which adds onto them never having anyone calling out their wrongs making them think they’re always right and there’s nothing to improve.

Don’t get me wrong, they are definitely nice girls and very polite and good morals and everything. But there are definitely certain things that irks the shit out of me.

Anchalee
Learner
Learner

Post by Anchalee »

Coming to vanessa she does seem shallow but def lower maintenance than Roni in certain aspect. Her saying the apartment is nice while Roni complains is literally how Roni thought the apartment is nice but once she had to live there she learned the cons of it. If nessa had to live her life there she would have never made that comment. Her boyfriend also seems like her. More of a boujee kind. He definitely comes from a house with money as well. I do think they look good together but there’s definitely no chemistry. She seemed to have sobered down a bit though since she has met John. She seemed to have stopped seeking validation from social media. Which is good. But I really don’t know how long they’ll last. He seems way more mature than her. All the guys she has dated literally look the same. Blue eyes, brunette, tattoos, love the gym. typical white boy.

Anchalee
Learner
Learner

Post by Anchalee »

Lastly don’t know if you guys saw Aaron’s story yesterday. It was deleted right after. I’m assuming coz Roni didn’t want people to find out until she posted about it. But she cut her hair short. Not shoulder length but right below shoulder. Till her breast

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Anchalee wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:34 am
Lastly don’t know if you guys saw Aaron’s story yesterday. It was deleted right after. I’m assuming coz Roni didn’t want people to find out until she posted about it. But she cut her hair short. Not shoulder length but right below shoulder. Till her breast
In their reacting to middle school videos, she commented about cutting her hair and Nessa was like no i like it long. So this doesn’t surprise me. But it’s nice to see her being an individual. She always kinda stayed in the same aesthetic as Nessa. Long hip length hair, bleached balayage. They even basically had the same fashion sense. But their fashion sense is heavy LA influenced which i feel Like is just typical high school fashion. Like at 26, I’d long to see them shop somewhere else than Urban Outfitters.

SM999
Wallflower
Wallflower
Been thanked: 0

Post by SM999 »

Genuine question - does Roni have any friends other than Aaron, Nessa and her family? I know they used to be close to Franny and Nezza a few years ago but that also seems to have fizzled out. Other than that, all her friends seem to be intertwined with Nessa - but Nessa seems to be closer to them anyway (at least she used to be).

Anchalee
Learner
Learner

Post by Anchalee »

SM999 wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:24 am
Genuine question - does Roni have any friends other than Aaron, Nessa and her family? I know they used to be close to Franny and Nezza a few years ago but that also seems to have fizzled out. Other than that, all her friends seem to be intertwined with Nessa - but Nessa seems to be closer to them anyway (at least she used to be).
I don’t think any of the twins have any friends anymore. More so nessa now. Roni is still seen hanging out with roi and all but those are Aaron’s friends. Nessa on the other hand doesn’t hang out with anyone. I’ve seen Roni hangout with Rosanna and Rebecca and that whole group by herself without nessa, so I’m assuming they’re closer to Roni than they’re nessa. Nessa seemed always go through phases of friends though. Like she doesn’t hold onto friendship very well. Since like 2017 I’ve seen her change bestfriends so much. She went from franny to bobby to Corinna to Emily to no one now. And she doesn’t seem to hangout with anyone anymore since she started dating John.

Anchalee
Learner
Learner

Post by Anchalee »

She looks really good with short hair!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Iwiki_
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Iwiki_ »

Oh it looks amazing! Props to Ronnie to try out something new, I can imagine its a bit scary to cut it after having long hair for so long. It was cute how excited she was afterwards. As Aaron said she does look more mature, but in the best way.

I think she is establishing her own identity more after moving out.

Anchalee
Learner
Learner

Post by Anchalee »

Iwiki_ wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:53 am
Oh it looks amazing! Props to Ronnie to try out something new, I can imagine its a bit scary to cut it after having long hair for so long. It was cute how excited she was afterwards. As Aaron said she does look more mature, but in the best way.

I think she is establishing her own identity more after moving out.
Definitely. I think moving in with Aaron has made her realize her worth as an individual more now. And she seems to be adulting too which she never had to do adult chores at her own home. It’s weird that instead of her parents it has to be Aaron who is teaching her how to adult

SM999
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by SM999 »

Anchalee wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:31 am
SM999 wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:24 am
I don’t think any of the twins have any friends anymore. More so nessa now. Roni is still seen hanging out with roi and all but those are Aaron’s friends. Nessa on the other hand doesn’t hang out with anyone. I’ve seen Roni hangout with Rosanna and Rebecca and that whole group by herself without nessa, so I’m assuming they’re closer to Roni than they’re nessa. Nessa seemed always go through phases of friends though. Like she doesn’t hold onto friendship very well. Since like 2017 I’ve seen her change bestfriends so much. She went from franny to bobby to Corinna to Emily to no one now. And she doesn’t seem to hangout with anyone anymore since she started dating John.
I guess after the drama with Zalamath on Twitter, Nessa fell out with Franny and Nezza. He did post some pretty invasive screenshots - it was kind of sad to see her talking about her own twin behind her back...

Anchalee
Learner
Learner

Post by Anchalee »

SM999 wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:30 pm
Anchalee wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:31 am

I guess after the drama with Zalamath on Twitter, Nessa fell out with Franny and Nezza. He did post some pretty invasive screenshots - it was kind of sad to see her talking about her own twin behind her back...
Yes that zalamath situation was sad to see, and the fact that it was actually true coz no one knew she dated hootie Hurley and then months after zalamath posted about it hootie made a tiktok proving it was the truth. It was sad to see how easily they fooled their audience, she was dating hootie at the time of doing tmh s1. Though I don’t think that was the cause of fall out with franny and nezza. But I think they distant themselves since covid, and unlike everyone else who was present all the time after Corey passed away the twins weren’t. Heck even Alex was there all the time and he wasn’t close to Corey or that friend group back then. I think that’s what caused them to be distant. They aren’t seen in any of their parties or even birthdays. So idk if they’re invited and decide to not go or if they’re not invited at all

Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by 11212020 »

I went back to look at some of those tweets with zalamath. In one tweet he said that she seeks and creates toxic relationships. i wonder how much of what he said was true now especially with how she went from relationship to relationship and friendship to friendship. Maybe she's not like that now tho. Hopefully she's learned and grown since then.
And also learned not to share so much personal stuff with a random fan online like holy sh*t why would you allow yourself to be that dumb??

I also remember that drama Nessa was in with Bryce Hall. I've realized that whenever the "twins" were in some drama it was only Nessa. Even with rumors like people saying Nessa was a lesbian, stuff like that never happened with Roni. I don't really know my point in this i just find it interesting why Nessa seems to attract more drama than Roni.

Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by 11212020 »

Also, i know this was a few weeks ago but I just saw their tiktok about Ukraine and wanted to k ow everyone's thoughts on it. I thought it was disappointing since these girls never give their opinion or stand up for anything and when I saw that tiktok i was so happy at first that they were using their platform to raid awareness until I realized that the only reason they did it was because they have friends over there who are affected. Basically, if they didn't know people personally in Ukraine they never would've said anything just like every other time. I used to be a fan of these girls but they're just as disappointing as any other influencer. They only care if it affects them 🙄

Tttttrassh
Informer
Informer

Post by Tttttrassh »

I wasn’t aware of Nessa’s drama with Zalamath. It was a little hard to read but it seems to me like he interpreted their conversations as more than friendship and he exposed her after she decided to stop talking. Nonetheless it allowed a glimpse behind the curtain of the twins’ squeaky clean façade, which is probably why they came down on him so hard in the livestream.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Why do they always act like they are from outer space? Nessa said she was into making tea and had hibiscus leaves and while she was putting it the steeper, Roni was like “what is that?” Like girl have you never seen a tea steeper before? Are you that clueless?! They’re always like “what IS that?!” Like they’re just discovering very normal stuff for the very first time. It’s so irritating how they play into this clueless LA girl personality. It’s really not cute and it doesn’t add quality to the content. Maybe they shouldn’t vlog if they feel the need to act so damn clueless.

Anchalee
Learner
Learner

Post by Anchalee »

Lisatheacrobat wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:59 pm
Why do they always act like they are from outer space? Nessa said she was into making tea and had hibiscus leaves and while she was putting it the steeper, Roni was like “what is that?” Like girl have you never seen a tea steeper before? Are you that clueless?! They’re always like “what IS that?!” Like they’re just discovering very normal stuff for the very first time. It’s so irritating how they play into this clueless LA girl personality. It’s really not cute and it doesn’t add quality to the content. Maybe they shouldn’t vlog if they feel the need to act so damn clueless.
Honestly I would’ve asked what’s that too. She didn’t put it into normal steeper. Nessa literally put it into what looked like a toy kitty’s body whose head was lying beside her on the counter

beautybaby123
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by beautybaby123 »

Anchalee wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:28 am
Coming to vanessa she does seem shallow but def lower maintenance than Roni in certain aspect. Her saying the apartment is nice while Roni complains is literally how Roni thought the apartment is nice but once she had to live there she learned the cons of it. If nessa had to live her life there she would have never made that comment. Her boyfriend also seems like her. More of a boujee kind. He definitely comes from a house with money as well. I do think they look good together but there’s definitely no chemistry. She seemed to have sobered down a bit though since she has met John. She seemed to have stopped seeking validation from social media. Which is good. But I really don’t know how long they’ll last. He seems way more mature than her. All the guys she has dated literally look the same. Blue eyes, brunette, tattoos, love the gym. typical white boy.
I think its kind of a bad idea to try and analyze a relationship based on very little we see, I mean all the interaction we see between John/Nessa is always in the context of trying to film a video with a theme so its never just really them being natural... EDIT

Edit to remove part of post that attempts to tell other posters that what they think or gossip about is wrong. This is a gossip board. You are allowed to have an opinion. Just write your opinion without policing other posters.

Definition of Gossip: casual or unconstrained conversation or reports about other people, typically involving details that are not confirmed as being true.

Tar, Site Admin

Last edited by tar on Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit to remove policing of other posters.

Magaz
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Magaz »

Anchalee wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:28 am
I do think Vanessa and John look good together but there’s definitely no chemistry. She seemed to have sobered down a bit though since she has met John. She seemed to have stopped seeking validation from social media. Which is good. But I really don’t know how long they’ll last. He seems way more mature than her. All the guys she has dated literally look the same. Blue eyes, brunette, tattoos, love the gym. typical white boy.
Lisatheacrobat wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:28 pm
I’m also curious if this relationship with Nessa and John will last. He’s certainly a pretty boy and they both seem to like Star Wars but i don’t feel the same playful energy between them as you see with Roni and Aaron. Like i feel Like she’s only dating him cause he is a pretty boy and they have that one thing in common.
Lisatheacrobat wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:03 pm
Nessa and her obsession with Star Wars and i feel Like that’s probably the only thing she has in common with John. I also don’t know how old he is.
John Vaughn is 29. The Merrell twins are 26 now. I like the two sisters. But I have the same feeling about Vanessa Merrell and John Vaughn, they aren’t very much in love. When they are together their videos remind me a bit of Ingrid Nilsen on YouTube. She had a boyfriend Luke, but later it turned out she was gay and she definitely didn't have that spark or chemistry with him and you could see that in her videos. I get the same vibes from Vanessa Merrell. Her and John Vaughn are more like friends. Maybe she doesn’t want to live her truth because of her/their faith.

Return to “A-M”