The Merrell Twins

Forum rules
Please keep in mind - No Homophobic or Racist Posts!
milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: The Merrell Twins

Post by milanese15 »

Granted, I don't keep tabs of her life that closely so maybe I'm off, but I don't really think Nessa wants a boyfriend as much as she thinks it's expected of her. I think based on her upbringing and they type of content they make, she feels like she has to fit this mold of a "good girl," but she just wants to do her own thing and have fun. So I think the problem with her image is that tension. You change a lot between 16 and 23, but sometimes, especially when your fans are young, people expect you not to change. You can still be family oriented and have childlike moments, while also taking risks and being a little messy. I think people expect you to be one or the other--like you're either sweet and family friendly with a stable boyfriend a la Roni or you're a messy, crazy party girl doing outrageous things for views a la Tana. I don't think she wants to go all the way to that, but she's also not as into being that squeaky clean princess either. I think she did this dating show hoping she could kind of age herself up in the eyes of her viewers. Personally, I'm sympathetic bc I think it would suck to have to live in that box at 23--you're past college aged but still being looked at like a 17 year old. I mean, Roni still keeps up this charade about Aaron just being her "best friend".

Anchalee
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by Anchalee »

Idk why she’s even doing the dating show. She has been seeing this tiktoker hootie since vidcon Anaheim this past summer. Went on a double with roni and Aaron and goes on and does a dating show and kisses another guy and wants to kiss everyone on the show. Literally makes me believe that she might have actually cheated on Bryce with his bestfriend

Anchalee
Learner
Learner

Post by Anchalee »

Also I agree with someone that said that nessa seems to be the more vain one. Roni literally doesn’t care about her look that much. She’s literally always in jeans and shirts with buns. Which I find weird that she literally loves covering her entire body up. Not like she’s conscious wearing revealing clothes since at awards and events she most of the times wears more revealing clothes than nessa with thigh high slits or plunging neckline (which ofcourse she doesn’t post on social media). But then in everyday life she’s always covered head to toe, rarely see her wear crop tops, tank tops, shorts, skirts, rompers, like nessa. I guess the fact that Aaron literally calls her beautiful and pretty when she looks her “worse” ( while she’s in baggy tea with sweat pants, no makeup crusty lips with poorly done bun) probably contributes to her not caring about how she looks. 🤷🏻‍♀️. She dresses very formal, likes clothes you could literally wear to office compared to nessa who’s more trendy. Ahh well to each of their own but I do wish she experiments with her looks. Most of the time I think her pictures doesn’t do justice to her self coz that girl doesn’t know how to pose 🤦🏻‍♀️

PrincessNebula
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by PrincessNebula »

To be honest, I appreciate Roni's beauty more when she has no/less makeup on. The girl is gorgeous. Vanessa, I feel, suits the more formal events but she cakes on her makeup.

They are both beautiful in their own way, I just think that Roni looks pretty enough to go out with casual clothes and a bare face. Her twin has to always dress up with full on makeup.

Don't get me wrong. I love the dating show concept. Nice to see them break boundaries ad I admire Vanessa for showing another side of her. I'm all for her living her 23 year old life. They really need to branch from their 13 year old audience like I guess what the Dolan Twins are trying to do right now.

blackcrusade96
Learner
Learner

Post by blackcrusade96 »

PrincessNebula wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:18 am
I like Roni and Nessa, but I think Vanessa's the vainer twin. She definitely cares more about her looks than Roni. Has anyone noticed Roni always plays the odd characters while Nessa gets all the "pretty" costumes? Good example of that was how Roni was Sebastian, while Vanessa was Ariel. Vanessa posts so many ig stories of herself, Roni posts every once in awhile since it's her job as an influencer.

The more you watch their videos, the more you notice how different their attitudes are. I'm just making assumptions but Roni seems like more of the simple and shy type, while Nessa is an outgoing flirt.

Personally, I think they should stop making skits like the "Do, Don't, and Please Don't" videos. I wish they brought back series like Where is My Romeo and The Merrell Twins Exposed or did more challenges. Those were way better.

They just uploaded a Merrell Twins Exposed on Tuesday. A sign that they read here?

Tbh, their challenge videos would have been so much better if they weren't shouting or gagging every 10 seconds, though they are admittedly more tolerable than their "friend" / YouTuber Collins Key.

ravenclaw67
Informer
Informer

Post by ravenclaw67 »

The gagging thing grosses me out, and you KNOW there's some gross guy getting off from it. I can't believe they'd be unaware.

mi-ya
Debater
Debater

Post by mi-ya »

i’ve never really watched these two regularly due to their extreme cookie cutter image and cringeworthy sweet and innocent facade, which may not be a facade but it appears that way considering they’re fully grown women yet act like kids tv presenters.
However, I do think it’s impressive that they’ve been in the industry so long and haven’t had any controversies, big or small. They are good friends with numerous other youtubers, and nobody has anything but nice things to say about them, so I do think that they are genuinely nice girls.
It’s weird because recently a lot of their videos have been showing up in my recommendations, and i’ve watched a few and whilst they aren’t really something i find engaging, i do think they’re both so cute and have a lovely presence haha

Anchalee
Learner
Learner

Post by Anchalee »

mi-ya wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:54 pm
i’ve never really watched these two regularly due to their extreme cookie cutter image and cringeworthy sweet and innocent facade, which may not be a facade but it appears that way considering they’re fully grown women yet act like kids tv presenters.
However, I do think it’s impressive that they’ve been in the industry so long and haven’t had any controversies, big or small. They are good friends with numerous other youtubers, and nobody has anything but nice things to say about them, so I do think that they are genuinely nice girls.
It’s weird because recently a lot of their videos have been showing up in my recommendations, and i’ve watched a few and whilst they aren’t really something i find engaging, i do think they’re both so cute and have a lovely presence haha
I’d say if they weren’t twins they wouldn’t have made it this far. Also the fact that youtube favors them a lot. They get invited everywhere while bigger creators don’t, or bigger twin creators don’t as well. Their videos trend at like 200K which is weird af to me. However I do agree that everyone has nice things to say about them. But Nessa has had controversy, she was caught cheating last year. It just didn’t catch the attention of drama channels or stuffs so it was a very lowkey controversy

PrincessNebula
Learner
Learner

Post by PrincessNebula »

blackcrusade96 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:06 am
PrincessNebula wrote:
I like Roni and Nessa, but I think Vanessa's the vainer twin. She definitely cares more about her looks than Roni. Has anyone noticed Roni always plays the odd characters while Nessa gets all the "pretty" costumes? Good example of that was how Roni was Sebastian, while Vanessa was Ariel. Vanessa posts so many ig stories of herself, Roni posts every once in awhile since it's her job as an influencer.

The more you watch their videos, the more you notice how different their attitudes are. I'm just making assumptions but Roni seems like more of the simple and shy type, while Nessa is an outgoing flirt.

Personally, I think they should stop making skits like the "Do, Don't, and Please Don't" videos. I wish they brought back series like Where is My Romeo and The Merrell Twins Exposed or did more challenges. Those were way better.

They just uploaded a Merrell Twins Exposed on Tuesday. A sign that they read here?

Tbh, their challenge videos would have been so much better if they weren't shouting or gagging every 10 seconds, though they are admittedly more tolerable than their "friend" / YouTuber Collins Key.
That's a pretty freaking weird coincidence hahaha.

As for the other people who don't get why they have such high views, it's probably because they are pretty active on the platform. They have consistently uploaded every Tuesday. They also host live webcasts with their fans on a weekly basis. On top of that, they filmed Twin My Heart and other collabs with their friends. You can't doubt their work ethic.

lelele
Learner
Learner

Post by lelele »

PrincessNebula wrote:
blackcrusade96 wrote:
PrincessNebula wrote:

As for the other people who don't get why they have such high views, it's probably because they are pretty active on the platform. They have consistently uploaded every Tuesday. They also host live webcasts with their fans on a weekly basis. On top of that, they filmed Twin My Heart and other collabs with their friends. You can't doubt their work ethic.
Yes. They are one of the hardest working people on Youtube. I’ll never understand how Roni can stand her lazy boyfriend lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anchalee
Learner
Learner

Post by Anchalee »

lelele wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:02 pm
PrincessNebula wrote:
blackcrusade96 wrote:
PrincessNebula wrote:

Yes. They are one of the hardest working people on Youtube. I’ll never understand how Roni can stand her lazy boyfriend lol.

Can’t call him that tbh. He’s only been slacking since Roni came into his life. Before that he was consistently uploading 365 days a year. It was after roni that he had to cut down his vlogs to 3 days because she wanted a “private relationship”. And as the relationship got more serious and they moved closer to each other where from hanging out on weekends where he could still vlog other stuffs to hanging out 5 days a week with him not being able to vlog the time coz he’s with her hampers ones content especially if you’re a daily vlogger! Hence he doesn’t do vlogging anymore. You’d gotta reevaluate your whole channel when that happens and that’s what he did. Stopped for a while and has started posting once a week since mid 2019

Alice
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Alice »

Anchalee wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:56 am
lelele wrote:
PrincessNebula wrote:
blackcrusade96 wrote:
PrincessNebula wrote:

Can’t call him that tbh. He’s only been slacking since Roni came into his life. Before that he was consistently uploading 365 days a year. It was after roni that he had to cut down his vlogs to 3 days because she wanted a “private relationship”. And as the relationship got more serious and they moved closer to each other where from hanging out on weekends where he could still vlog other stuffs to hanging out 5 days a week with him not being able to vlog the time coz he’s with her hampers ones content especially if you’re a daily vlogger! Hence he doesn’t do vlogging anymore. You’d gotta reevaluate your whole channel when that happens and that’s what he did. Stopped for a while and has started posting once a week since mid 2019
I agree with this. I started watching him when he met his ex gf Sarah and started losing weight which was mid 2016. And used to upload everyday without a fail. I stopped watching him for awhile early 2017 and started watching him again when he got stood up by someone, even then he uploaded consistently everyday. And then New Years came by and he and Veronica got together and the schedule changed to 3 times a week. I was like fine makes sense, it gets tiring posting everyday. It was working fine since veronica was still going to college so they weren’t always together and he could still vlog stuffs. It was after she dropped out in July that he started posting lesser and lesser and it completely stopped after her bday vacation when he went to family vacation with her for her bday and then took her to meet his parents. Only posted 2 videos regarding hedgie the following month and then a makeup look they did for emo nite. I understood he’s gonna struggle now with his channel then. He can’t do what he used to do which was vlogging and now he would start doing random stuffs which he didn’t enjoy and then in order to get back to his schedule he forced himself with vlogmas, he was successful at that probably he thought he could start again with vlogging did it again for a while and then failed and then he took a break and came back again with once a week video in July and has been consistent since then! So I don’t blame him at all. You’d be lost too if all of a sudden you can’t do what you’ve been doing for a long time and gotta re-evaluate yourself and your channel, find something you enjoy and change up your content coz you’re in a relationship which you can’t publicize. Roni probably knows too that’s why she doesn’t mind coz in a way she’s the reason why his channel has gone through what he has gone through.

lelele
Learner
Learner

Post by lelele »

Anchalee wrote:
lelele wrote:
PrincessNebula wrote:
blackcrusade96 wrote:
PrincessNebula wrote:

If Roni is the reason for his slacking, I guess they don’t have a healthy relationship.

Alice
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Alice »

lelele wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:52 am
Anchalee wrote:
lelele wrote:
PrincessNebula wrote:
blackcrusade96 wrote:

If Roni is the reason for his slacking, I guess they don’t have a healthy relationship.

Can you really say that though? Roni is somewhere the reason. Coz he can’t “vlog” with her much which is what’s his youtube is based on. He just had to reevaluate his channel coz he can’t do that. He chose to prioritize his relationship and her. Re-evaluated his channel and is back to posting consistently. He probably burnt out too who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️. You reach that point sooner when you post everyday for almost 3 consecutive years! Compared to posting once a week. Good on him that he’s back to youtube and posting consistently. As far as I can see they have a healthy relationship and seem very much in love and content with each other.

PrincessNebula
Learner
Learner

Post by PrincessNebula »

lelele wrote:
Anchalee wrote:
lelele wrote:
PrincessNebula wrote:
blackcrusade96 wrote:

Wait, I think people are starting to mix up Alex with Aaron. Lol. Correct me if I'm wrong but Aaron never did daily vlogging and Lauren was the one who had a problem with having their relationship out in the open. Also, Roni even admitted that RonRon was real in a video but I guess with what happened with Laurex, they decided to keep things lowkey.

I feel like Aaron struggles with what content to put out, but I wouldn't consider him lazy (oh the irony since his username is LazyRon). He gets pressured because he's a "small channel" who's associated with 2 larger youtubers: the Merrell Twins and Alex Wassabi. I think he's a genuine guy with good intentions nonetheless. I loved his video where he asked random people to cry on demand. So random but so funny. He should stick to those kind of videos.

Alice
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Alice »

PrincessNebula wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:33 am
lelele wrote:
Anchalee wrote:
lelele wrote:
PrincessNebula wrote:

Wait, I think people are starting to mix up Alex with Aaron. Lol. Correct me if I'm wrong but Aaron never did daily vlogging and Lauren was the one who had a problem with having their relationship out in the open. Also, Roni even admitted that RonRon was real in a video but I guess with what happened with Laurex, they decided to keep things lowkey.

I feel like Aaron struggles with what content to put out, but I wouldn't consider him lazy (oh the irony since his username is LazyRon). He gets pressured because he's a "small channel" who's associated with 2 larger youtubers: the Merrell Twins and Alex Wassabi. I think he's a genuine guy with good intentions nonetheless. I loved his video where he asked random people to cry on demand. So random but so funny. He should stick to those kind of videos.
Aaron daily vlogged ( Monday to Friday/Saturday) don’t really remember from 2015-2017. Changed to 3 times a week in 2018. That’s why despite starting his channel 5 years after twins he has twice the amount of videos on his channel (1K+)And then he just stopped in like September. And is struggling to find his channel again since December 2018. Guess he finally knows what to do with it now.

bluemadx
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by bluemadx »

I mean obvs like no offense to anyone but there's no chemistry b/w Nessa and Christian whatsoever he won bec he's a reasonable choice.

Anchalee
Learner
Learner

Post by Anchalee »

bluemadx wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:37 pm
I mean obvs like no offense to anyone but there's no chemistry b/w Nessa and Christian whatsoever he won bec he's a reasonable choice.
True!!! She seems more interested in guys like Brandon or Noah boat. Those are her type of guys

Anchalee
Learner
Learner

Post by Anchalee »

Guest wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:38 am
Anchalee wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:16 am
bluemadx wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:37 pm
True!!! She seems more interested in guys like Brandon or Noah boat. Those are her type of guys

Which explains Aaron. (The guy Roni didn't like Nessa dating)
Oh? I didn’t know about that. I wasn’t in the fandom back then and they’ve deleted most of their videos together.

carlinn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by carlinn »

In their transformation video you can tell how insecure they are because they both looked great, but absolutely hated seeing themselves and would not stop whining

Return to “A-M”