Tom's Sister (part 9)

inkspells
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Tom's Sister (part 8)

Post by inkspells »

Agreed
littlespaniel wrote:i hate to repeat what everyone else has already said a million times but if someone were to send me the link to her house i'd be v grateful (i'm extremely nosy and love floorplans)
Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

I know we can't post links so could people just describe what to search to find it. She lives in Harrow?

LylaJovana
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by LylaJovana »

I think we should be careful about what's posted publicly regarding her house. Just my opinion obviously but I wouldn't discuss things that make it easily identifiable/things that she hasn't personally posted or mentioned. Maybe I'm a hypocrite idk.
Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they?

2TinyPanthers
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 2TinyPanthers »

LylaJovana wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:58 pm
I think we should be careful about what's posted publicly regarding her house. Just my opinion obviously but I wouldn't discuss things that make it easily identifiable/things that she hasn't personally posted or mentioned. Maybe I'm a hypocrite idk.

She made it really obvious with her instagram stories the last week or so. She gave away the area, and after that it's just a matter of looking through the recently sold listings on rightmove to find that horrendous wallpaper. I somewhat agree with you, but she should be more careful about what she posts.

Cloudnumber123
Talker
Talker

Post by Cloudnumber123 »

I understand being curious about her house, but at the same time, I do think we should refrain from discussing it on here. Maybe even delete the posts hinting at where it is? IDK, maybe it’s pretty common to know where famous people live and I’m being paranoid. While I’m sure many people posting here aren’t going to be creeps and are purely curious, I am worried about helping any random weirdos figure out where she lives.

I get she gave some hints, but I still think we should respect her privacy regardless. It’s like saying a woman was “asking for it” based on her clothes etc.

Lavender Earl Grey
Talker
Talker

Post by Lavender Earl Grey »

LylaJovana wrote:I think we should be careful about what's posted publicly regarding her house. Just my opinion obviously but I wouldn't discuss things that make it easily identifiable/things that she hasn't personally posted or mentioned. Maybe I'm a hypocrite idk.
Agreed. Yes, she made it possible to find for those looking for it, but I don't think she meant to. After seeing so many YouTubers talk about fans showing up and hanging around their houses, I really do feel bad for them. Anyone deserves to feel safe in their own home. Though I'm sure none of us have the intention of showing up I can see how off-putting it is for a person to see their address become public knowledge before they've even unpacked.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

jessisnotcool
Debater
Debater

Post by jessisnotcool »

I absolutely love that she’s just posted her ‘happy new year’ blog post today.

Is it possible for her to hit the deadline for anything? lmao.

I mean, she’s only 22 days late... :p

PocketPLocket
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PocketPLocket »

swatgirl777 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:48 am
BayLane wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:13 am
Having trouble finding it too. :|

I can’t find it either...if someone wants to send me a PM :)
Nothing coming up for me either!

Goldeelox
Talker
Talker

Post by Goldeelox »

insta.jpg
Hey Carrie!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"...laced with arrogance, a splash of self love and garnished with a cheeky sprig of “why the hell not?”…I stared back."

Illogic_ally
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Illogic_ally »

Goldeelox wrote:
insta.jpg
Hey Carrie!

I thought the same thing. But I’m wondering if maybe she’s just been getting messages about it. Because surely if it was in response to GG she’d have addressed people seeing the listing and knowing her address. I doubt she’d have the forethought to not mention that so that other people didn’t look it it. She doesn’t seem to think of things like that before she opens her mouth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Illogic_ally
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Illogic_ally »

Illogic_ally wrote:
Goldeelox wrote:
insta.jpg
Hey Carrie!

I thought the same thing. But I’m wondering if maybe she’s just been getting messages about it. Because surely if it was in response to GG she’d have addressed people seeing the listing and knowing her address. I doubt she’d have the forethought to not mention that so that other people didn’t look it it. She doesn’t seem to think of things like that before she opens her mouth

Nevermind, spoke to soon, she addressed it!

That being said, I do really hope she never has to deal with people showing up at her house. I can’t imagine having to be paranoid about that, so she has my sympathy there

wanderlustre
Talker
Talker

Post by wanderlustre »

Illogic_ally wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:37 am
Goldeelox wrote:insta.jpg

Hey Carrie!

You spoke too soon...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wanderlustre
Talker
Talker

Post by wanderlustre »

Sorry for the double post but not sure how to edit. The thing is about "legal action", it's a publicly available webpage only made identifable by details SHE posted publiclly. I think she completely has a point about phoning the police if she has people showing up on her doorstep but the other one is her own fault. It's not like someone stole the info from her estate agents. She was dim and posted too much about it online. Chalk it up to a lesson learnt. Don't post ANYTHING publicly about your home if you don't want it identified! Silly girl.

bigstripeylie
Learner
Learner

Post by bigstripeylie »

In the UK, the ownership of property is a matter of public record. Anyone can search the Land Registry online and if they know when she bought her house and in roughly what area, they could easily work out which house was hers. They could even search photos. It's the same for every house in the UK, I found mine!

I think her threats of legal action are a bit toothless because even if she got rightmove (or wherever) to remove the listing, if someone really wanted to find her, they could. People might be a freaked out about this, but think about how many people know your address already, that you don't know. Lot's of businesses and websites ask you to provide addresses when signing up, and lots of places have searchable directories where your name and address is probably included and yet most people don't even think about it! Point is, it's very easy to find where basically anyone lives (even celebs), but that doesn't make Carrie any more likely to be in danger of stalking than anyone else. If she does read here, I hope this reassures her.

TheLondoner
Learner
Learner

Post by TheLondoner »

She really shot herself in the foot by posting those Instagram stories because now people will be even more curious regarding her house. I didn't really care and hadn't been on this forum for a while, but when I saw her stories this morning I knew you guys must have found it Image So now I'm looking too! If anyone would send me a link that would be highly appreciated. We'll fight the "legal action" together ;)

She's so full of shit, this is all public information, she should have been more careful.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

I wonder what legal action she thinks she can take against people finding a publicly listed website using information that she herself provided.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

queequeg19
Debater
Debater

Post by queequeg19 »

Shouldn't she be having a word with her brother as well? His tweet was more an indicator of where she lived than anything else. And the thought that people will just turn up at her house, lots of people know where proper A-List celebrities live but they don't go there. I know where the celeb i love more than words can say lives because I was told by a friend of friend yet I would never turn up on their door.

Yes stalking is an issue for well known people but Carrie needs to realise the size of her audience means that a fan like that is not as likely as within some of the more rabid fandoms.

LylaJovana
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LylaJovana »

This is the thing, Carrie. If you truly want privacy then you have to actually be private. Your brother and your live in prince also gave away crucial details so maybe have a word with them too?
Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they?

spencer_
Learner
Learner

Post by spencer_ »

I've been trying to find it since last night but I can't seem to find it. I'm just curious about the house, not the location, I don't even live in England haha. So if someone wants to PM me a link of even some pictures, that would be nice.

Nhian
Talker
Talker

Post by Nhian »

I’m sorry but I have to side with Carrie on this one. No matter how much you dislike someone, there is no need to seek out their private information. Also, there’s a difference between keeping your relationship private and keeping your address/home private. I’m not sure if you can see post history on GG but if you look back in old threads you will see I’ve been critical of Carrie in the past but this is taking it too far. I don’t think anyone from this forum would visit Carrie’s house or do anything to harm her but you are making it easier for young fans/people who want to do harm to find. I thought we were better than this...

Return to “Carrie Hope Fletcher”