Elle Florence -- Fraudulent Investigator (Part 4)

PrePackingPrep
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Elle Florence -- Fraudulent Investigator (Part 4)

Post by PrePackingPrep »

Did she ever end up getting her driver's license?

I had never ventured over to her website until now. I have never seen so much hubris in one place! Girlboss loves having photoshoots, but I think it would be better to have...other people wearing the jewelry. And her prices are the same as jewelry stores! Where they have a return policy and customer service. Her greediness is her fatal flaw.

Akent_2016
Informer
Informer

Post by Akent_2016 »

Black and blue, looks like somebody punched her in the eyes.

TungstenKween

Post by TungstenKween »

PrePackingPrep wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:18 pm
Did she ever end up getting her driver's license?

I had never ventured over to her website until now. I have never seen so much hubris in one place! Girlboss loves having photoshoots, but I think it would be better to have...other people wearing the jewelry. And her prices are the same as jewelry stores! Where they have a return policy and customer service. Her greediness is her fatal flaw.
She doesn't have her license yet. She was going to start driving lessons with her mother in the summer, but then that didn't seem to happen.

She actually did have models for her original jewelry line, Precious Raksha™, so it's kinda funny she didn't do that for Nouvelle Pearl. They looked fresh, clean, and full of energy!

Canadiangal
Talker
Talker

Post by Canadiangal »

I think she has lost subscribers. If I remember correctly, she used to be near the 80,000 subscriber mark around Joe's days and shortly thereafter. She now has 77,000+ subscribers. Her channel is really hurting!! :rofl:

PinkRedPurple
Talker
Talker

Post by PinkRedPurple »

Flame me if you want but I find something so sad about people turning a hobby into a ‘business’. I don’t mind people selling their hobby craft for money at all, but being force fed how it’s a business is so grating. I wonder if any of her jewelry turns a profit and what her margins are. What are the sales, I want numbers and facts. Is GirlBoss Pearl Ventures Luxury Cashmere LLC actually making a profit?

When I first started watching her I enjoyed her so much more. Now it all reeks of desperation. She wants to be the most classy, old money, powerful, smart and beautiful woman in any room but that desire just makes her insufferable. It’s all fake and feels so disingenuous it makes me cringe. If she was herself and honest with her flaws and struggles she would be so much more appealing. You can have it all, but not at once. Real girl bosses struggle and have opportunities for improvement and are self reflective; but Elle already knows everything so there is no need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

TungstenKween wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:16 am
Guys... she spent $450 on a ticket to the Wine Festival Gala. The website is full of photos of old people - did Elle go there to catch a man? She probably went with her mother or her wine sommelier friend who I've seen in her Instagram photos of The Dolls
My thoughts exactly! She’s probably there with her single gaggle of girlfriends giggling like a pre-pubescent tweenager going to a grownups event sipping flights of wine doing that weird thing with her tongue when she taste testing something. The GRWM video was cringy with her thinking she’s something special with that awful muddy eye look, trying too hard as per usual. :roll:

pussinboots
Talker
Talker

Post by pussinboots »

I assume her cash is sunk in her stock of Tahitian pearls that’s why she ‘s washing her own hair. I’m going to make a prediction that her Tahitian pearls will sink. Black pearls are such a hard sell even at the luxury end of the market (that’s why they’re cheaper than Akoya and South Sea) and they’re priced over $500. I don’t recall her selling a full parure of her akoya or freshwater so I don’t think even the most die hard fan is going to bite. I’m also going to make a prediction of what Ginette and future bf’s mom will get for birthday and Xmas gifts...

Post by Guest »

No one is buying her crap jewelry. And as someone else said black pearls are just not something most people are interested in. Anyone with a brain is going to purchase through a reputable jewelry retailer not some half—wit YouTuber who is nothing more than a jewelry hobbyist. I’m glad she’s desperate and up to her eyeballs in unsold pearls — it’s the reality check she needed.

stubbssie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by stubbssie »

PinkRedPurple wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:39 pm
Flame me if you want but I find something so sad about people turning a hobby into a ‘business’. I don’t mind people selling their hobby craft for money at all, but being force fed how it’s a business is so grating. I wonder if any of her jewelry turns a profit and what her margins are. What are the sales, I want numbers and facts. Is GirlBoss Pearl Ventures Luxury Cashmere LLC actually making a profit?

When I first started watching her I enjoyed her so much more. Now it all reeks of desperation. She wants to be the most classy, old money, powerful, smart and beautiful woman in any room but that desire just makes her insufferable. It’s all fake and feels so disingenuous it makes me cringe. If she was herself and honest with her flaws and struggles she would be so much more appealing. You can have it all, but not at once. Real girl bosses struggle and have opportunities for improvement and are self reflective; but Elle already knows everything so there is no need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually this is a thing in business tax law in Canada. If your business really doesn't EVER make any money the CRA can designate it a "hobby". 8-)

pussinboots
Talker
Talker

Post by pussinboots »

Wow! I haven't been to her new combined site but wow, it's totally a shrine of Elle Florence, for Elle Florence, presented by Elle Florence! Also, her Akoya pearls look like Skittles with the food coloring sucked off... in PROFESSIONAL product photographs. What the hell was going on with her and her photographer?

PrePackingPrep
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PrePackingPrep »

I think she did herself in with her outrageous pricing. Her business relies solely on her YT audience. She is selling the same type of jewelry easily found on etsy for a fraction of the price. The only reason anyone would buy her items is because they like her videos. I think those people have already purchased from her. And with her YT content going downhill, she isn't drawing in new customers.
Her cardigans cost almost as much as established brands like Vince. The funny thing is that Elle is such a brand name snob she would never purchase similarly priced items from unknown brands!

Post by Guest »

Canadiangal wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:32 pm
I think she has lost subscribers. If I remember correctly, she used to be near the 80,000 subscriber mark around Joe's days and shortly thereafter. She now has 77,000+ subscribers. Her channel is really hurting!! :rofl:
Holy crap, I didn’t realize she lost subscribers by that much! :rofl: I haven’t looked at her social blade in a while, only eyeballing her dismal video views on YouTube.

I remember she got more subscribers after that breakup with Joe because a lot of people liked that tea and/or they felt sorry for her and wanted “to give her a chance”. :roll: Aside from her snobbery and condescension (which a lot of her fans ignore or are just too stupid to pick up on), Elle is boring and unoriginal. Not to mention her lies are catching up with her so it’s hard to take what she says seriously.

socialbeauty
Informer
Informer

Post by socialbeauty »

I saw the videos and it looks like there are quite a few people around their late 20s/30s. This seems like more of an Elle event, I wish she could film there :P If she wants to show bougie, these events are perfect! I'm glad that she's doing something she likes. She just looks so sad and no matter what, there are 2 people involved in a relationship, and if she was harshly dumped twice in one year, it does hurt. I enjoy gossiping about Elle like all of you but there are times when I do feel bad for her

Post by Guest »

PinkRedPurple wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:39 pm
Her "business" is exactly the same as HRH Puffyface: buy cheap shit from China/other shithole country, put a "luxe" (hate that word) spin on it, and sell it for $$$.

drewberry_moore
Debater
Debater

Post by drewberry_moore »

Girlboss needs to work on her SEO. When you Google Elle Florence, this site is listed before hers. :rofl:

https://imgur.com/a/cwePXWc

Post by Guest »

socialbeauty wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:46 am
I saw the videos and it looks like there are quite a few people around their late 20s/30s. This seems like more of an Elle event, I wish she could film there :P If she wants to show bougie, these events are perfect! I'm glad that she's doing something she likes. She just looks so sad and no matter what, there are 2 people involved in a relationship, and if she was harshly dumped twice in one year, it does hurt. I enjoy gossiping about Elle like all of you but there are times when I do feel bad for her
I can’t feel bad, mainly I feel pity for her. It would be one thing if she attempted to change but she hasn’t, which is why she keeps making these mistakes with men. She doesn’t want to be alone so she doesn’t take any time to self reflect on what she can do to improve her chances of meeting the right guy for her.

I don’t know whether she tried to be less spoiled and snobby when she was dating “special someone”, but something must have happened where he thought it wasn’t right and dumped her. I doubt she dumped him or broke it off with him mutually. Girlboss desperately wants to get married and have a family. Clearly she will take anyone even if it’s someone with baggage.

I think @poshspice88 hit the nail on the head when she said Elle’s sudden mood change has to do with being dumped 3x in a row. She took no time to effectively cope with the first two breakups because she immediately sprung on the next guy within months. Personally if I were in that situation (and believe me, I have been there), I would pause and try think about what I am doing because I am the common denominator of those 3 relationships.

I know I sound harsh when I post sometimes, but really, if she is such a “girlboss”, she should pick herself up by the bootstraps and find ways to self improve and be a better version of herself, not this snobby, fake persona she likes to portray herself as.

TungstenKween

Post by TungstenKween »

On her most recent outfit video, with that terrible sweatpants and heels "look", the first comment left was saying how bizzare and basic that outfit was. I saw it maybe an hour after it was posted? Elle replied with a very curt "It's not an everyday look and I never said it was." before promptly deleting the comment and her reply.

It's been said a million times, but she is so thin-skinned and hostile! Not girlboss or even a healthy attitude at all!

Post by Guest »

TungstenKween wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:36 pm
On her most recent outfit video, with that terrible sweatpants and heels "look", the first comment left was saying how bizzare and basic that outfit was. I saw it maybe an hour after it was posted? Elle replied with a very curt "It's not an everyday look and I never said it was." before promptly deleting the comment and her reply.

It's been said a million times, but she is so thin-skinned and hostile! Not girlboss or even a healthy attitude at all!
And that attitude is exactly why I have a difficult time feeling bad for her. :roll: I wonder if she doled that out when her exes annoyed her or if she didn’t get her way.

It would be one thing if she were nicer, less snobby, or even more humble, but she gets no sympathy from me.

no_strings
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by no_strings »

Omg. Her latest video. It encapsulates a big part of why she's so off-putting... (To men too, I'm sure)

First that music. Paired with her lazy doe eyes opening wide to swallow her reflection up. Plus her deformed pout really going for, what? A kiss? It's like if a young girl could plan a "putting on her mother's makeup" video. It just seemed so childish.

Then she manages to mispronounce a third of her words, which never helps matters. But she's such a GUD professor y'all! :?

Then circle, always circle the show back around, to your hobby of stringing cheap ugly pearls together for the benefit of the world. And now you've been revolutionary enough to spin a makeup look around them??? GIRL!! I'm blinded...BLINDED....by your brilliance. :o

Keepin' it oh so real by telling us the inside tea on why your DryBar escapades have all gone away... Hmm yea your hair is easier to manage now that it's longer... Riiight ;) couldn't be bc that sweet, sweet Joe gravy train left town and your hobby isn't generating the same $$... But you keepin' it real!

Oh another vinnnntage dress! So luxe, so full of mothballs. Your mother would be so proud, that her ever accomplished daughter is wearing one of her once-loved items (too bad she can't also drive there in the old Jag), and is proving she don't need NO man! by going out on the town with her equally obnoxious doll friends to sip wine and pretend that her life is THE life.

Oh Smelle, you never disappoint us, do you?
Gurus are like that friend/partner/family member that you constantly walk on eggshells around, because they get offended at the drop of a hat. The ones you blink at funny and they never speak to you again :tu:

Post by Guest »

Hasn’t she been practicing her driving for a year now and yet has still failed to obtain a driver’s license? She must be super timid and/or a bad driver because I don’t know anyone who has taken this long to get their license. It’s not rocket science, the longer she waits the more intimidating it will be. She needs to put her big girl panties on and get it done. Geez, what a wimp. I’m from Seattle and traffic and learning to park on steep downtown hills while driving a stick is challenging, but it can be done. I’ve also driven to Vancouver BC plenty of times and managed Robson Street shopping and dining and looking for parking — sometimes driving around forever. Again, challenging, but you can’t be a shrinking violet.

Return to “Elle Florence”