MaryMakingIt - Part 15 - Definitely Not SuperMaryFace

Re: MaryMakingIt - Part 15 - Definitely Not SuperMaryFace

Post by Guest »

What was the point in letting her subs pick her new hair colour if she's going to go with something entirely different very soon after? Why not just get what she wanted first time?Image

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SlitheringSerpentine
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by SlitheringSerpentine »

Yikes Bhb reptiles. Long time lurker here and also an obsessive reptile keeper just weighing in. I currently care for 2 red tail boas, 5 ball pythons, a western hognose, 2 corn snakes, a black milk snake, 2 blue tongue skinks, an African pixie frog, 3 leopard geckos, a veiled xhameleon and 10 tarantulas. Yes that probably looks crazy but I’m also involved in legit animal rescue so some are fosters too! Mary’s ball python care is.... yeeeeea. The amount of time and work I do daily is intensive and not easy. I will also add my house doesn’t smell and I have more reptiles than she did so the only way they smelled to the point of having to move them is straight up not cleaning them... and it takes a long time for that to build up. They don’t poop every day soooooo (well snakes don’t anyway). Humidity issues aren’t hard to fix if you try and especially not when you have a larger income. It really, really angers me to see keepers like this advise others as reptiles absolutely rely on their people to maintain their health. They suffer greatly with improper care. I do use tubs for my ball pythons but not in a rack system and I set them up a I would any other enclosure with loads of clutter etc. She would never make it in the reptile breeding world, she doesn’t have enough experience or any reputation and it’s incredible difficult. It’s a pretty cut throat community (if you want a laugh post her ball pythons 101 in the group ball python enthusiasts on fb... you will here the “REEEEEE” within minutes). Same with her blue tongue skink that lived in a tiny cage well beyond when it should and her spider which will, if female, grow to the size of a dinner plate and some have very nasty attitudes. Any good keeper should be willing and happy to accept constructive criticism and strive for improving their hobby no matter how much you think you know. As for all the deaths, I’m wondering if her snakes had Inclusive boid disease with such a high fatality rate. Yes URI is tricky with snakes but loads of people use racks and deal with this without having damn near a 100% fatality rate. As someone who works in rescue and vet med, this is highly suspicious to me and I wonder if she may have been in way over her head with care. Exotics vet exams cost more than normal pets, mine charges $90 just for the exam fee, URI treatment usually runs $300+ for the reptile rescue so did she really have all of them seen? It’s also not easy administering medications to snakes.
In short, I’m 99.9% certain her snakes died to a combo of improper temps/humidity levels, stress from that, infectious disease, crap husbandry and complete lack of experience. I’ve seen snakes literally come in with -months- of feces in their tanks or that have been abandoned for 6+months without electricity survive so this wasn’t just a “oops ken f**ked up”. This was a long line of mistakes that could have been easily prevented with a good quarantine protocol and research. No excuses imo.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

SlitheringSerpentine wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 12:03 pm
Yikes Bhb reptiles. Long time lurker here and also an obsessive reptile keeper just weighing in. I currently care for 2 red tail boas, 5 ball pythons, a western hognose, 2 corn snakes, a black milk snake, 2 blue tongue skinks, an African pixie frog, 3 leopard geckos, a veiled xhameleon and 10 tarantulas. Yes that probably looks crazy but I’m also involved in legit animal rescue so some are fosters too! Mary’s ball python care is.... yeeeeea. The amount of time and work I do daily is intensive and not easy. I will also add my house doesn’t smell and I have more reptiles than she did so the only way they smelled to the point of having to move them is straight up not cleaning them... and it takes a long time for that to build up. They don’t poop every day soooooo (well snakes don’t anyway). Humidity issues aren’t hard to fix if you try and especially not when you have a larger income. It really, really angers me to see keepers like this advise others as reptiles absolutely rely on their people to maintain their health. They suffer greatly with improper care. I do use tubs for my ball pythons but not in a rack system and I set them up a I would any other enclosure with loads of clutter etc. She would never make it in the reptile breeding world, she doesn’t have enough experience or any reputation and it’s incredible difficult. It’s a pretty cut throat community (if you want a laugh post her ball pythons 101 in the group ball python enthusiasts on fb... you will here the “REEEEEE” within minutes). Same with her blue tongue skink that lived in a tiny cage well beyond when it should and her spider which will, if female, grow to the size of a dinner plate and some have very nasty attitudes. Any good keeper should be willing and happy to accept constructive criticism and strive for improving their hobby no matter how much you think you know. As for all the deaths, I’m wondering if her snakes had Inclusive boid disease with such a high fatality rate. Yes URI is tricky with snakes but loads of people use racks and deal with this without having damn near a 100% fatality rate. As someone who works in rescue and vet med, this is highly suspicious to me and I wonder if she may have been in way over her head with care. Exotics vet exams cost more than normal pets, mine charges $90 just for the exam fee, URI treatment usually runs $300+ for the reptile rescue so did she really have all of them seen? It’s also not easy administering medications to snakes.
In short, I’m 99.9% certain her snakes died to a combo of improper temps/humidity levels, stress from that, infectious disease, crap husbandry and complete lack of experience. I’ve seen snakes literally come in with -months- of feces in their tanks or that have been abandoned for 6+months without electricity survive so this wasn’t just a “oops ken f**ked up”. This was a long line of mistakes that could have been easily prevented with a good quarantine protocol and research. No excuses imo.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience, insight and opinions here. I hate that she's not getting called out for causing harm to her reptiles. Let's face it - if these were puppies or kittens that were dying by the near-dozen, this wouldn't have gone under the radar, there would be videos out there calling her and Ken out.

See I was wondering the same thing... with the failure rate they had with the treatment - 9 out of their 10 snakes are dead! How does that happen unless you are in way over your head; physically unable to keep up with the work and/or financially unable to afford ongoing treatment until they are all better. I would expect some to not survive but 90% is so drastic. I also recall them saying the closest reptile vet was quite far away from them (they did not even realize this until the first snake had already died, mind you) so all up maybe they just couldn't/didn't want to afford it anymore. When people are delusional enough about their own expertise and care-factor, denial about what is and isn't possible can be pretty dangerous. Pet owners can tell themselves their pet means everything to them until they're blue in the face and still just fail to protect their pet very blatantly. I.e. the people who leave dogs in cars on hot days are not people who claim to hate dogs. I can't think of any other way this went as wrong as it did.

And I think the fact that she is refusing to share what ACTUALLY happened is very telling about her knowing her level of responsibility in it.
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

SlitheringSerpentine
Learner
Learner

Post by SlitheringSerpentine »

DaylightAmy wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 2:15 am
SlitheringSerpentine wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 12:03 pm
Thank you so much for sharing your experience, insight and opinions here. I hate that she's not getting called out for causing harm to her reptiles. Let's face it - if these were puppies or kittens that were dying by the near-dozen, this wouldn't have gone under the radar, there would be videos out there calling her and Ken out.

See I was wondering the same thing... with the failure rate they had with the treatment - 9 out of their 10 snakes are dead! How does that happen unless you are in way over your head; physically unable to keep up with the work and/or financially unable to afford ongoing treatment until they are all better. I would expect some to not survive but 90% is so drastic. I also recall them saying the closest reptile vet was quite far away from them (they did not even realize this until the first snake had already died, mind you) so all up maybe they just couldn't/didn't want to afford it anymore. When people are delusional enough about their own expertise and care-factor, denial about what is and isn't possible can be pretty dangerous. Pet owners can tell themselves their pet means everything to them until they're blue in the face and still just fail to protect their pet very blatantly. I.e. the people who leave dogs in cars on hot days are not people who claim to hate dogs. I can't think of any other way this went as wrong as it did.

And I think the fact that she is refusing to share what ACTUALLY happened is very telling about her knowing her level of responsibility in it.
***Long post - sorry! It’s all just things things that aren’t right from her reptile care so feel free to skip if uninterested 😊***

I just rewatched her reptile videos and yea she’s pretty delusional if she thinks she has any business advising people on YouTube about how to care for them. If you are basically at the level of novice in the reptile world, you really have no business breeding, especially in the flooded ball python market. Things I noticed:
- She doesn’t seem to know how to use a snake hook at all. You should use it to restrain the front of the snake while picking up the back. She sorta just flops it all over the snake 😂 would love to see her use that thing on my incredibly angry boa.
- She has a freedom breeder rack (costs over $1,200) and honestly she could have set those tubs up really nicely. I wouldn’t put the Woma in there but you could really put decor and substrate to make for great ball python habitats. She’s copying Bryan’s set up in her first rack video.
- She bathes/soaks her snakes. Ugh this is awful, unless your snake is completely covered in poop you should never, ever do this. It’s insanely stressful for the snake and does nothing beneficial. Is not even recommended to help with stuck shed. She even says “you need to have a soak if you’re shedding”. This is a big sign of an inexperienced keeper. If your conditions are on point they shed perfect on their own. She even towel dries them lmao.
- Pretty sure they staged the Greta escape video. If the drawer was properly closed she wouldn’t be able to escape.
- In the “Tummy Time, Cranky Snake, and D&D” vlog she’s feeding Pancake (I think) and you can see the water bowl is empty or basically empty. That takes awhile they really don’t drink much. I actually noticed empty/pretty much empty water bowls in A LOT of vlogs.
- In “Do Snakes Poop?” Vlog, you can clearly see one tub is so humid it has condensation all over the walls. This is not good and WAY too high for a ball python. That can cause respiratory infections. This is also easy to correct unless you don’t know what you’re doing and are too lazy to research it.
- The rack she used for the babies had snakes way too large to be in those size tubs. One tub in the “Do snakes poop?” Vlog had two poops in his tote.... that doesn’t happen in a few days.

It’s very clear to me Mary is nothing near an expert on reptiles. She’s a novice and while all keepers make mistakes the important thing to do is to accept and learn from them! Maybe she really did try her hardest to save them when they got sick but she also couldn’t be bothered to top off water bowls ever other day from the looks of it sooooo. It angers me a lot because you can see in the comments how many people want to get a snake like Mary and are just going to do dumb stuff like soak them. She easily spent thousands on equipment and morphs and all this death likely could have been prevented by using actual cleaning disinfectants (like F10), appropriate husbandry and quarantine procedures. Hopefully she learned a great deal from this and realizes she has an lot to learn before she should be advising anyone.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

Well, she just went on a Twitter-Instagram-Twitch tour discussing her pro-choice stance and I personally kind of appreciated it, but it was still a bit of a mess. She's terrible at articulating her opinion and choosing wording to a point where you're not even sure where she stands anymore.

But I'm still glad she said what she said. I had a foster daughter for a little while, dealt with some other kids in the system, and my best friend had a horrible childhood with parents who weren't capable of taking care of her... so I am always here for someone saying 'if you care so much about kids' lives can we start with the ones who are already here please'.

Post by Guest »

I like how “we won’t keep anything from the people that don’t donate” went out the window since on her instagram stories she basically says yeah we posted about this and that on patreon. I agree about Twitter,she should just stay off of it when it comes to that cause it will only cause arguments she isn’t capable of handling well if she’s angry at the time. Plus she never really posts anything then randomly comes outta nowhere ever pay couple months it’s weird.

Post by Guest »

Anyone watch the 90 day fiancé twitch stream? I didn’t have the time.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

I'm just puzzled... Ken has a Twitch subscriber goal up on his stream at the moment and he's currently at 1373 subscribers (that pays him at least $2.50 per subscriber per month) and their Patreon patron count is at 600... as if any more proof was needed that life isn't fair - apparently you can put in the bare minimum, have no passion or inspiration, see and treat your audience as dollar bills, lash our at your fans whenever you feel like it (they both have), literally admit you have no interest in what you're doing, and still have money thrown at you somehow.

If people with the charisma of a shoe sole can do it, so can you.

BattleCookie
Learner
Learner

Post by BattleCookie »

Well, I think the fact that Felix made some collabs with him this year, helped boosting his subs and Marys tactic of keeping away from social media pushed some desperate fans to become patreons. It`s frustrating to see that it doesn't take much talent to become money thrown their way, but time will show if the fans will stay when they dont get their moneys worth of "entertaiment".

naturegirl
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by naturegirl »

Does anyone follow the patreon? So this may be old news but Biscuit dug out from under their fence...went missing from like March 20 something to April 17th. Mary found her with another dog that looks like her so she assumed it was her father. Apparently another family had been taking care of her. She didn't confirm how she knows this. But she came home infested with hundreds of ticks. Now she is considering giving her to that family since she doesn't want to take their dog and is assuming biscuit was theirs all along. But??? But....I'm so confused it's been her dog for so long? Why give her to this family that clearly neglects her. To be honest none of it made much sense to me so I was confused but at some point she says she's decided regardless of if the neighbors take her she thinks she is going to rehome B and the dog she thinks is her dad anyway since B will continue to dig out from under her fence. I can think of a quick fix. How about you bring your dog inside? Supervise her when shes in the yard? It's not hard. It's what I do every single day with my dog. What is with her and animals? She should be banned from owning them. I came here to catch up and I was shocked to find out all the snakes are dead.

Any time I get a new reptile they have to go through a 30 day quarantine period in a room separate from my other reptiles. This is non-negotiable as we have to make sure they don't have any health issues. Mary was constantly getting new snakes taking them all out together swapping enclosures and it all happened so fast there was no way she had a 30 day quarantine period. Her animal neglect really kills me. I honestly find her intriguing and would enjoy her content otherwise despite how mean she can be to fans and subscribers. However, I can't stand the animal abuse.

Oh and her new business venture is a "Play Cafe." Where moms can take their kids to play. But beautiful and classy "no cartoon characters." She's even started looking at venues. Lol.

Post by Guest »

If Mary and Ken give their dogs pills that prevent fleas ticks and other parasites monthly they wouldn’t get ticks. She was picking them off boss the other day on Instagram. But I’m guessing they don’t spend the money on the dogs. She sounds like a piece of shit honestly if she’s going to give her away to someone that neglects her even more than Ken and her.

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GoldChocobo »

And she posted this on the internet. For family and strangers to view alike. He's so disgusting....

(This was a challenge on twitter. Text the hubby/partner/bf the "appointment" request and post the reply)Image
I may be Canadian, but I can be snarky as hell.

Daphneee
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Daphneee »

Not sure if it was confirmed before, but a lot of people have been asking Mary on Instagram about the snakes in the comments section and she has been mentioning that everyone except Greta died.

naturegirl
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by naturegirl »

Yes it's confirmed. They are all dead except Greta. So crazy. It's because she took no proper precautions to quarantine and keep sick animals away from each other. She just traded and switched out enclosures and racks like it was nothing and never cleaned or took proper care of them. She didn't regulate their humidity and I doubt she had thermostats for proper temperatures. It makes me so incredibly sad. I feel so bad for all of her animals. And I know this has been said 100 times before but her holier than thou attitude and not taking any advice from people who just wanted to help her animals is the worst part. If she had listened to reason some of them might still be alive.

She also posted something on there about how she feels so bad she can't let her dogs inside when it rains because her yard is too muddy so they sleep under a covered roof in their backyard. :( My dog is my family. I can't imagine treating her that way.

Post by Guest »

If her dogs were indoor dogs they’d sleep in the house and never get muddy. They should of never had dogs 😞

HyperDoggo
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by HyperDoggo »

Lurker here!
And I’m from europe so I don’t really know what’s required in the us.

Isn’t it law that your dogs need at least proper shelter against the elements if they are outside all the time? Rain, wind and heat/cold?
I feel so sorry for the dogs! Those breeds are not dogs that should/could be outside all the time! And if Boss has matts that can be seen, then what about close to his skin? That can hurt so bad! I don’t have much knowledge about exactly how newfoundlands coats are, but dogs with longer coats need to be brushed a lot!

And two poops in one of the snakes encloseures? I don’t know how often she feeds them and I’m not an expert (Just interested in getting a reptile but not getting one untill I am 100% sure that i can solve every problem and give it a long and good life) but that can mean that she hasn’t cleaned it for like a week.. Aren’t you supposed to clean it at least every time they empty their bowels?

(Sorry if it came as a double post, I accidently pressed submit before I was ready when I tried to touch a word instead.)

urmel
Informer
Informer

Post by urmel »

Both of those kids inherited Ken's chin. It's almost ironic how strong his genes came through given how little he seemed to care about having children.

finally figured out how to change this (sent from hell)

Post by Guest »

So her new post kens parents are basically building them a big house and Mary is talking about wanting to eventually move to Australia so her kids can grow up with cousins? I thought Ken hated Australia? They would just leave his family too?

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GoldChocobo »

Snowknight wrote:So her new post kens parents are basically building them a big house and Mary is talking about wanting to eventually move to Australia so her kids can grow up with cousins? I thought Ken hated Australia? They would just leave his family too?
He wont go... this relationship could get ugly in the next 5 years....
I may be Canadian, but I can be snarky as hell.

naturegirl
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by naturegirl »

There's no way in hell he's going. She's delusional.

Return to “MaryMakingIt”