Jamis Chaneo - James Charles Part 2

Re: Jamis Chaneo - James Charles Part 2

Post by Guest »

MissDesignDiva wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:25 pm
Said this over in the comments of The Viewers Voice video about James Charles cancelling his giveaway, but I feel like it's worth commenting it here too.

I must say, I feel like James Charles still doesn't really get it, the reason I say this is because he stands by excluding the 2 girls from any future giveaways. Far as I can tell, they were just having a polite conversation, but because it's not kissing James Charles butt, he views it as hate. Like James, just because people don't kiss your butt and be yes people for you at all times, doesn't mean they aren't also fans, they were just showing legit concern and frustration at the fact that a large chunk of the audience was left out from your first ever giveaway, because they aren't as financially blessed as you are, frankly his merch is expensive, especially where I live in Canada once you factor in tax, shipping and the exchange rate, a $45 hoodie, in Canadian prices is $60, and that's not even factoring in the shipping and tax added in on top of that base price. He's a 19 year old kid that doesn't get the fact, that he is where he is in life, because of his fans, he wouldn't have become the first male covergirl and be featured on Ellen, he wouldn't have been able to produce a clothing line or a makeup palette, and he certainly wouldn't have been able to buy a huge house at 19 years old. He's incredibly privileged and it comes across in his behavior. It's like he believes, "well I can afford ____ expensive thing, so everyone can afford that", when in reality, for some of us having a cheap $60 per month phone bill is a struggle, theres some months I can't even afford to get a $25 haircut, and I have a pixie cut, so when I can't get it trimmed, it's obvious and pretty noticeable.

Wait, WHAT, this is the first time he's even done a giveaway????

MissDesignDiva
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by MissDesignDiva »

whatshouldido wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:32 pm
MissDesignDiva wrote:
Said this over in the comments of The Viewers Voice video about James Charles cancelling his giveaway, but I feel like it's worth commenting it here too.

I must say, I feel like James Charles still doesn't really get it, the reason I say this is because he stands by excluding the 2 girls from any future giveaways. Far as I can tell, they were just having a polite conversation, but because it's not kissing James Charles butt, he views it as hate. Like James, just because people don't kiss your butt and be yes people for you at all times, doesn't mean they aren't also fans, they were just showing legit concern and frustration at the fact that a large chunk of the audience was left out from your first ever giveaway, because they aren't as financially blessed as you are, frankly his merch is expensive, especially where I live in Canada once you factor in tax, shipping and the exchange rate, a $45 hoodie, in Canadian prices is $60, and that's not even factoring in the shipping and tax added in on top of that base price. He's a 19 year old kid that doesn't get the fact, that he is where he is in life, because of his fans, he wouldn't have become the first male covergirl and be featured on Ellen, he wouldn't have been able to produce a clothing line or a makeup palette, and he certainly wouldn't have been able to buy a huge house at 19 years old. He's incredibly privileged and it comes across in his behavior. It's like he believes, "well I can afford ____ expensive thing, so everyone can afford that", when in reality, for some of us having a cheap $60 per month phone bill is a struggle, theres some months I can't even afford to get a $25 haircut, and I have a pixie cut, so when I can't get it trimmed, it's obvious and pretty noticeable.

Yep, I'm pretty sure (and others can correct me if I'm wrong but this is what I've heard) is that it is his first ever giveaway (or at least the first of his own products), which is why fans are pissed. I looked it up and as best I can find, he may have done 1 other giveaway back in 2016, but not likely very frequent as a lot of people are saying it's his first giveaway. If nothing else it's his first giveaway being rich, and his own products. But honestly, people are more upset about the unfair rule of "you have to already own the merch to enter to win the merch" than anything else. If it was a "anyone can enter" giveaway, no one would have a problem with it I suspect, everyone gets a fair shot, nothing to be mad about you'd think.
Screen Shot 2019-04-06 at 6.34.49 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Green Eyed Gemini
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Green Eyed Gemini »

ChibiAngel wrote:So apparently he got copyrighted by Tyga and is now complaining about how unfair it is. :roll:

https://twitter.com/jamescharles/status ... gr%5Etweet

The nerve of this guy.
@tyga makes probably pennies off of these claims, it's the labels and publishers that go after small creators and profit off of it. it's unfortunate because if you DON'T know that, it makes @tyga look bad when I'm sure he's loved the memes and free promo of his song!
James is so full of himself.
He is so freaking stupid and entitled!!! The fact that he doesn’t even try to understand that these parties have legal rights and ownership in the material—it’s not free for him to use as he pleases! Plus they could theoretically lose their protection if they continued to allow unauthorized use i.e., by not filing a cooyright claim (it’d be considered a waiver). Can this bratty child please be cancelled in 2019!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jackarsehillbilly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by jackarsehillbilly »

kbisme wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:45 pm
Have you guys heard this shit about his sisters apparel giveaway? One of the requirements was to post a picture in sisters apparel merch... So only people who bought merch already can enter to win.

People were tweeting him about it and he snapped back at 2 of his fans and told them they would be excluded from any future giveaways.

God I’m so sick of this cxxt and his ego.
There are people who can't afford merch, James! This giveaway would be their one chance to get some! Fuck you and your money hungry ways, asshole.

Kazerella
Debater
Debater

Post by Kazerella »

On any given day, it’s either him or Thomas throwing a bitch fit.

DramaticBateman
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by DramaticBateman »

whateveryt wrote:Why hasn't he been cancelled?
I’m going to find religion so I can start praying that he gets cancelled.

He’s so annoying and entitled. His personality is fake as shit.

This has nothing to do with him being gay, fem, or into makeup, but he just fucking creeps me out. Idk he’s just gross to me for some reason. Makes my skin crawl.

AppleBlossom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AppleBlossom »

breanna6556 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:42 am
manged wrote:
kbisme wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:45 pm
Have you guys heard this shit about his sisters apparel giveaway? One of the requirements was to post a picture in sisters apparel merch... So only people who bought merch already can enter to win.

People were tweeting him about it and he snapped back at 2 of his fans and told them they would be excluded from any future giveaways.

God I’m so sick of this cxxt and his ego.
According to BGC on reddit, his giveaway was technically a lottery because people have to purchase to enter. So some people reported it to the FTC, and he's now cancelled the giveaway. He's trying to spin it into "I want to make it fair to all of my fans", but lbr it's because he got in trouble.
he wants to make it fair for his fans? he didnt say that when he went on defending only giving it to people who already purchased something. he even said he's disqualifying 2 fans for future giveaways who were upset that they had to buy something to win.

the amount of times he shuts down and is rude to FANS because they dont praise everything he does is disgusting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
What a shithead he is. He doesn’t give 2 shits about his fans. He just wants to make money off of them.

Meomix
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Meomix »

The moment you have to pay to enter a giveaway it is no longer a giveaway but a raffle. This youtube site is quickly becoming as smelly as those dodgy cam sites.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Shout out to the person who said their phone bill was $60... how?? I mean that’s half mine before adding the Apple Watch. I will day I have an iPhone X and Apple Watch and Unlimited everything, which explains my high bill. But how do you have such a cheap bill?

Also I had no clue you had to buy your way into the giveaway. That’s ridiculous. I do agree that his attitude is outrageous and he is so popular that his sass is a way of life for teens. I can’t tell you how many times I hear “hello?” In the same connotation that he uses it or “love that for...” i agree that it gives off an “I’m too good for simple life setbacks” attitude. Like yeah, things don’t go as planned. Is it necessary to have throw out attitude cause of it? Idk I never liked his sass. I hate it even more when other people do it.

Post by Guest »

MissDesignDiva wrote:
whatshouldido wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:32 pm
MissDesignDiva wrote:

Yep, I'm pretty sure (and others can correct me if I'm wrong but this is what I've heard) is that it is his first ever giveaway (or at least the first of his own products), which is why fans are pissed. I looked it up and as best I can find, he may have done 1 other giveaway back in 2016, but not likely very frequent as a lot of people are saying it's his first giveaway. If nothing else it's his first giveaway being rich, and his own products. But honestly, people are more upset about the unfair rule of "you have to already own the merch to enter to win the merch" than anything else. If it was a "anyone can enter" giveaway, no one would have a problem with it I suspect, everyone gets a fair shot, nothing to be mad about you'd think.

Screen Shot 2019-04-06 at 6.34.49 PM.png

Thanks for researching it for me and I wish I could say I'm surprised that this ungrateful bratty asshole hasn't done more giveaways, but I"m not suprised at all!

This asshole is CONSTANTLY asking his "sisters" ( :roll: ) to support him (buying merch, hitting the subscribe button, etc) yet he's only done a few giveaways so far????

And am I getting it wrong, but was the giveaway for only ONE hoodie for ONE person? If that's right, that makes it even worse!

Post by Guest »

Lisatheacrobat wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:49 am
Shout out to the person who said their phone bill was $60... how?? I mean that’s half mine before adding the Apple Watch. I will day I have an iPhone X and Apple Watch and Unlimited everything, which explains my high bill. But how do you have such a cheap bill?

Also I had no clue you had to buy your way into the giveaway. That’s ridiculous. I do agree that his attitude is outrageous and he is so popular that his sass is a way of life for teens. I can’t tell you how many times I hear “hello?” In the same connotation that he uses it or “love that for...” i agree that it gives off an “I’m too good for simple life setbacks” attitude. Like yeah, things don’t go as planned. Is it necessary to have throw out attitude cause of it? Idk I never liked his sass. I hate it even more when other people do it.

I'm with MetroPCS (America) and I pay only $30 a month for unlimited texting and calls and a data limit for internet
You definitely dont get the fanciest/modern phones with them but if you someone who only looks to a phone for making calls/texting , Metro is quite good

And him and Jeffree Star and this whole "clapback" culture we have now is really screwing up ideas around what is professional. All these kids watching the two of them are going to be REALLY fucked when they go off into the real work with real bosses and they try some nasty know-it-all attitude there. Have fun on the unemployment line knowing that while you don't know how you're going to pay rent now, you at least "clapped back" at your former boss :roll:

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

In all honesty, I don’t think that James and especially Jeffree will ever have real jobs. I mean Jeffree runs his entire makeup empire. So I think as far as professionalism and running a business is not a lost concept on him. But James has a fortune, even if he lost his entire fan base, YouTube closed up shop and decided to stop paying for views, he will probably never hurt for cash in his life. A few YouTube videos and sponsorships would have his entire retirement fund paid for before he is old enough to drink. So unfortunately I don’t think he will ever have to “deal” with the real world.

hunty
Informer
Informer

Post by hunty »

Lisatheacrobat wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:39 am
In all honesty, I don’t think that James and especially Jeffree will ever have real jobs. I mean Jeffree runs his entire makeup empire. So I think as far as professionalism and running a business is not a lost concept on him. But James has a fortune, even if he lost his entire fan base, YouTube closed up shop and decided to stop paying for views, he will probably never hurt for cash in his life. A few YouTube videos and sponsorships would have his entire retirement fund paid for before he is old enough to drink. So unfortunately I don’t think he will ever have to “deal” with the real world.
It depends on how wise both of them are with their money. I do think that if Jeffree suddenly faced immense losses or had a drastic change in income, he would stop making these frivolous purchases. For James, I feel like he would keep making large purchases and other things like that in a vain attempt to gain back some of his fans.

However, YT suddenly closing up shop, them losing all of their fans, or if the first thing does happen, them not moving to a new platform to make money off of, will likely never happen, so you're probably right. Neither will ever have to deal with the real world.
I'm a professional bitch

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thehippiechick »

James has been ultra bratty and sucky the past few days I mean he was before but he's gone next level. This whole giveaway thing and the way he responds to people. Dude. Chill.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. - George Carlin

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

That giveaway is insane. I wonder why he made that a rule. I feel like charity (even in the form of a giveaway) is so beneath him. But that’s how I feel like everyone in LA is like. So many times I have seen youtubers who grew famous in a modest place who then move to LA, change and become incredibly vain and greedy. I feel like Emma Chamberlain is a big example of that. She used to always be like I would NeVeRrr spend tons of money on clothes then moves to LA and buys a $500 Gucci belt. She played it up like this was soooo out of character for her but let’s be honest she loved it. And James drips bougee attitude. I feel like he is a difficult person to work with and probably looks down on a lot of people because they are elitists or big names. Like he could never be friends with someone who isn’t as big of a name as him. Although his whole demeanor when he went undercover at that party made me think that maybe he wasn’t such a douche but I agree that he has a serious elitist attitude issue. He seems very disconnected from reality.

Post by Guest »

^ No, I was talking about the kids watching the two of them going out in the real world, not James and Jeffree going out

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

whatshouldido wrote: ^ No, I was talking about the kids watching the two of them going out in the real world, not James and Jeffree going out
Oh yeah. That’s even worse because I think they really don’t understand that a lot of youtubers have “acts” that they live up to on camera. Like I really really hope that off camera, Jeffree doesn’t go up to a counter to place a food order and says “hi. How are ya?” The same way that he does to the camera. And no matter how many times a youtuber says “the way we are on camera is not how we are irl” kids still think that what they see on camera is how life is. Outside of their school walls, they believe that life is exactly like it’s portrayed on YouTube. Even i have caught myself believing that everyone in LA just postmates all their food and only Uber everywhere. Because that’s how youtubers make it seem. But I am old enough to know that they don’t really do that daily.

Even morning routines or what I eat in a day, i don’t think that anyone eats a smoothie bowl and salads 7 days a week. Or that they do the exact same thing every single morning. But I really think kids would believe that that’s how it is. They can’t seem to grasp reality and that is pretty scary.

roseau
Talker
Talker

Post by roseau »

Lisatheacrobat wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:46 pm
whatshouldido wrote: ^ No, I was talking about the kids watching the two of them going out in the real world, not James and Jeffree going out
Oh yeah. That’s even worse because I think they really don’t understand that a lot of youtubers have “acts” that they live up to on camera. Like I really really hope that off camera, Jeffree doesn’t go up to a counter to place a food order and says “hi. How are ya?” The same way that he does to the camera. And no matter how many times a youtuber says “the way we are on camera is not how we are irl” kids still think that what they see on camera is how life is. Outside of their school walls, they believe that life is exactly like it’s portrayed on YouTube. Even i have caught myself believing that everyone in LA just postmates all their food and only Uber everywhere. Because that’s how youtubers make it seem. But I am old enough to know that they don’t really do that daily.

Even morning routines or what I eat in a day, i don’t think that anyone eats a smoothie bowl and salads 7 days a week. Or that they do the exact same thing every single morning. But I really think kids would believe that that’s how it is. They can’t seem to grasp reality and that is pretty scary.
Yeah, I remember watching morning routines from Stilababe09 when I was 12 and trying to replicate it, not realising that the amount of money and time is too much for everyday, lol. For beauty gurus though, I feel like they can be super over the top with their routines. They don't have much else to fill their time.

FashCandyxx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FashCandyxx »

hunty wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:39 am
Lisatheacrobat wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:39 am
It depends on how wise both of them are with their money. I do think that if Jeffree suddenly faced immense losses or had a drastic change in income, he would stop making these frivolous purchases. For James, I feel like he would keep making large purchases and other things like that in a vain attempt to gain back some of his fans.

However, YT suddenly closing up shop, them losing all of their fans, or if the first thing does happen, them not moving to a new platform to make money off of, will likely never happen, so you're probably right. Neither will ever have to deal with the real world.
Disagree esp about J☆

J☆ was a huge deal during MySpace and is big on YT. I think he knows what sells and can rebrand. I may not like J☆ but I don't hate the game and he plays it rather well.

Meomix
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Meomix »

During the era of Myspace i was too busy playing yahoo games, mmo's and realarcade so i never knew it existed.

Return to “James Charles”