Courtney King

Eazy5
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The Truth About Courtney King

Post by Eazy5 »

Alright y'all, I thought I would write this post as this is one of the few fitness people many are still unfamiliar with when it comes to the truth..

Here are the facts and you can put the puzzle pieces together yourself:

1) Courtney states in one of her videos that neither of her parents ever attended one of her shows together as they were divorced and did not want to see each other.

2) Both of her parents, though, somehow end up at last years Olympia..which she somehow won

3) I have a friend who trains at the gym in Illinois where her mom trains at (lifetime fitness), where Courtney sometimes trains at when she is in the suburbs.. Her mom had once told my friend that J Manion is in fact her UNCLE.. y'all know who he is. He kiiiiinda has a HUGE political pull in the IFBB.

4) Courtney just does not have even a pro-level physique, let alone 1st place Olympian look .. her shoulders are way too broad and bony while her back pose is embarrassingly weak, with no glutes to show and just zero aesthetic shape to her body. (when compared to the average person, yes she looks great..but looking at her from a bodybuilding stand point, she has zero impressive qualities--compare her to a true champ like Kaltwasser and Teixera)

5) She stated that she dropped out of this years Olympia due to "health" reasons but we all know every single one of those bikini olympians is on some kind of drug.

The truth is, this girl is smart. lol. she knew exactly what to tell her followers to make her feel bad for her and even praise her for "putting her health first" and dropping out when she should have defended her title. In all reality, her uncle convinced the IFBB to give his niece the title, but she knew she wouldn't be able to use that hook up 2 years in a row. So, she made up a believable and relatable excuse as to why she did not go back this year. Y'all...someone please explain to me how her parents, who, Courtney made it seem that they acted each other, somehow ended up at the 2016 Olympia TOGETHER. only reason I see is that they, too, knew that Courtney would be crowned the winner that year. I love bodybuilding, I think the physiques that are showcased each year at the O and the Arnold are each beautiful .. but I have zero tolerance for cheaters like Courtney King.

Healthyish85
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: The Truth About Courtney King

Post by Healthyish85 »

whoa ok...interesting. I had NO idea about her uncle. i know next to nothing about these competitions...so one person really can have enough pull to swing a huge prize like the Olympia??

Post by Guest »

Ehh, there’s always politics in bodybuilding, nothing new. I’m just glad Ashley K didn’t win, can’t stand her.

Eazy5
Talker
Talker

Post by Eazy5 »

yeah of course there's politics but its just appalling to me that she puts on this innocent girl act and actually succeeded in convincing people to praise her for "looking after her health". the girl is just too busy kissing steve's ass and now that she got the exposure she needed with her one time win..she's gonna kick her feet up and call it quits. makes more sense for her and saved her the embarrassment because she knows if she came back this year she would've gotten kicked back down to the lower callouts where she belongs.

I could tell something sketchy was going on when she got the title last year and none of the other top olympians were even following her on social media at the time.

trash3d
Lurker
Lurker

Post by trash3d »

Yeah I know a girl who used to compete with her and she told me Courtney comes from a rich family, parents paid for all of her shit, wouldn't be surprised if her family really did have something to do with her Olympia win. She didn't even have any real sponsors until just recently this new hook up with Gymshark, which she clearly only got because of Steve

Eazy5
Talker
Talker

Post by Eazy5 »

Yeah...she did explain that she worked to get them to come to the olympia but that was not her first or second olympia. It just doesn't make sense how someone can go from 5th place at the Arnold to 1st place at the Olympia with all of the exact same girls who were at the Arnold..

Her competition history: http://maximummusclereport.com/courtney-kings-bio/

Im sorry but there is just NO comparison even between her back shot and Teixeira's back shot from last year's Olympia. Bikini is always won from the back so theres no way in fucking hell this chick won. The IFBB embarrassed themselves heavily letting her walk away with 1st. If you watched the O live last year too, after she was given the title and they let her give a short speech, she literally apologized to Kaltwasser for taking her title lmao like oh u feel guilty now huhhh? i dunnno..I don't trust her

http://contests.npcnewsonline.com/image ... 0,2319675,

http://contests.npcnewsonline.com/image ... 4,2318581,

[shesaidit]
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by [shesaidit] »

Meh, it's not like politics haven't always existed. I'm willing to bet her win was some sort of message to fit a certain look and change the direction of bikini. Like you said, she's skinny, so probably just a message to tone down the muscle or appeal to a less BB specific crowd. To be fair, most of the public doesn't want to appear bulky, so maybe they wanted bikini to become a more everyday look (aka super lean and some delts/ass...aka Courtney). Disappointing for sure. Idk maybe some money got thrown in too. JMO.

Eazy5
Talker
Talker

Post by Eazy5 »

treelee wrote:Meh, it's not like politics haven't always existed. I'm willing to bet her win was some sort of message to fit a certain look and change the direction of bikini. Like you said, she's skinny, so probably just a message to tone down the muscle or appeal to a less BB specific crowd. To be fair, most of the public doesn't want to appear bulky, so maybe they wanted bikini to become a more everyday look (aka super lean and some delts/ass...aka Courtney). Disappointing for sure. Idk maybe some money got thrown in too. JMO.

You're definitely right, the judges could go for a different look..but the thing is she still doesn't have the required aesthetic appeal to her physique. There are many other "smaller/skinnier" bikini Olympians who got thrown in the last callouts (Sheena Jayne, Margret Gnarr, etc). Compare Courtney to any of those girls, they too have better, more complete looks.

Post by Guest »

She won 3rd in the olympia 2015, so her winning the next year wasnt really that far fetched. IA with treelee they were just going for a different look. I found it interesting that she beat out quite a few girls, but I don’t think there was some hugee conspiracy going on here. I’m pretty sure you aren’t the first one to figure out Courtney and Manion are related, there would’ve been backlash if there was a hint of favoritism.

Eazy5
Talker
Talker

Post by Eazy5 »

Uhura60 wrote:She won 3rd in the olympia 2015, so her winning the next year wasnt really that far fetched. IA with treelee they were just going for a different look. I found it interesting that she beat out quite a few girls, but I don’t think there was some hugee conspiracy going on here. I’m pretty sure you aren’t the first one to figure out Courtney and Manion are related, there would’ve been backlash if there was a hint of favoritism.
if you look at the full top 5 line up though for 2014, 2015 and 2016 she never seemed to fit in. It would make sense if they were going for a certain look since usually the top 5 girls usually look fairly similar in their build and level of conditioning. Interestingly enough, each one of those years Courtney stood out like a sore thumb. That doesn't add up. Like I said, I think they planned this out very well. It would be a lot more sketchy if they just let her win the very 1st year. The IFBB would've taken a lot of heat if that happened, but instead they familiarized her with the fan base and introduced her into the top 5 before giving her the title she so obviously did not deserve.

Lateg0ssiper
Informer
Informer

Post by Lateg0ssiper »

I don't think she deserved to win. There are countless bikini pros with far better physiques, I did always wonder how she came first.

alliezee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by alliezee »

This title is kind of annoying. "The truth" is a speculation, and honestly a lot of opinion. I think it's pretty far and widely known there are a lot of politics in bikini, that have favored any other competitor in the past. This is like the most uninteresting thread to me. She's super non-controversial, she doesn't spew her disorder for other people to emulate, she doesn't really seem to be caught up in drama. :? :? :?

Healthyish85
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Healthyish85 »

alliezee wrote:This title is kind of annoying. "The truth" is a speculation, and honestly a lot of opinion. I think it's pretty far and widely known there are a lot of politics in bikini, that have favored any other competitor in the past. This is like the most uninteresting thread to me. She's super non-controversial, she doesn't spew her disorder for other people to emulate, she doesn't really seem to be caught up in drama. :? :? :?
I love Courtney (at least from her videos). She just seems so down to earth and sweet.

Spid
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Spid »

Probably an appropriate place for this but Steve Cook hasn't had his contract renewed with ON.

wilmadawn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wilmadawn »

Spid wrote:Probably an appropriate place for this but Steve Cook hasn't had his contract renewed with ON.
oh yeah, he tweeted yesterday that he wasn't at the olympia b/c ON didnt take him....then he said "more to come on that..."

Spid
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Spid »

wilmadawn wrote:
Spid wrote:Probably an appropriate place for this but Steve Cook hasn't had his contract renewed with ON.
oh yeah, he tweeted yesterday that he wasn't at the olympia b/c ON didnt take him....then he said "more to come on that..."
He's making his own supplement like Calum and Brad.

wilmadawn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wilmadawn »

Spid wrote:
wilmadawn wrote:
oh ...well i guess that would be a problem then. he can't be that shocked can he?

Spid
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Spid »

wilmadawn wrote:
Spid wrote:
wilmadawn wrote:
oh ...well i guess that would be a problem then. he can't be that shocked can he?
He wanted to do something in collaboration with ON. They said yes but then backed down and then they didn't renew his contract. Guessing he didn't start making his own supplement until he knew ON were letting him go.

[shesaidit]
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by [shesaidit] »

Spid wrote:
wilmadawn wrote:
Spid wrote:
wilmadawn wrote:
He wanted to do something in collaboration with ON. They said yes but then backed down and then they didn't renew his contract. Guessing he didn't start making his own supplement until he knew ON were letting him go.
Wait, Callum and Bradley Martyn??? I thought Callum and Brad had beef over a company already?? Or am I thinking of the wrong Brad?

Also agreed on Courtney. Whether you like her or not, who cares. Judging is always going to be subjective/political. If you don't like that I suggest following a different sport. Courtney, whether disordered as I suspect or not, only shows positivity and doesn't perpetuate the #grind or disordered behaviors many of her far lesser competitors do day in/day out.

Spid
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Spid »

Should have said Calum and Brad with their separate companies (after the bust up).

I don't know if people watch either of them but I have no idea why they rarely plug their respective companies. CG plugs Ghost more than they do with their companies.

Return to “Health & Fitness Influencers”