Shane Socio(without a)path Dawson - Part 17

chicagogo1
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Socio(without a)path Dawson - Part 17

Post by chicagogo1 »

Honestly love the house agree with whoever mentioned it actually having character not just a mcmansion. I found the listing and it was sold for exactly 3 million so I wouldn't be surprised if ryland did go in 50/50 on the down payment (600,000 would be their down payment if they did a traditional loan and put 20% down) and Shane is paying to furnish/add his movie theater.

Which brings me to questions about rylands financials in his video about defy he said some conflicting things mostly at first when he said just his AdSense was filtered through defy and then later he said evey dollar he earned (which would include sponsorships) was filtered through the company. That's a big difference! if they took a percentage of his sponsorships there's no way he contributed 50/50 to the house if they only took a portion of his AdSense I can see him making enough in sponsorships to pay his share of the down payment.

Also maybe I'm not understanding this correctly and please if someone has a better understanding of
it enlighten me but aren't all the creators out of their contracts with defy now? Depending on how much time was left on the contracts it was probably a better move financialy to lose everything they made in one month than to continue to pay a percentage every month. Which brings me to my final question about YouTubers living month to month aka paycheck to paycheck. I get that it was not at all moral or right of defy to not pay the creaters their last month of money but with the amount they're making per year shouldn't most creators be financially fine missing a month of pay? Some of these videos act like their house is about to go into foreclosure and their kids will go hungry when they didn't get their monthly check. Idk just interesting to see how poorly managed most YouTubers are I guess.

FoodGusher
Informer
Informer

Post by FoodGusher »

thisisnotafable wrote:They said in the house tour video that they payed for the house together
They said it in a way that made it clear that Shane paid for it and Ryland... was also there when Shane wrote the check.

It starts at min. 11.35:

Ryland (about the Master Bedroom): "I could just stay here all the time!"
Shane (laughing): "You don't need to sell the house to me. I already bought it." *Pauses* "WE bought it"
Ryland: "THANK you, cause they're all gonna drag me about that."

7abiib_azzubb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 7abiib_azzubb »

FoodGusher wrote:
thisisnotafable wrote:They said in the house tour video that they payed for the house together
They said it in a way that made it clear that Shane paid for it and Ryland... was also there when Shane wrote the check.

It starts at min. 11.35:

Ryland (about the Master Bedroom): "I could just stay here all the time!"
Shane (laughing): "You don't need to sell the house to me. I already bought it." *Pauses* "WE bought it"
Ryland: "THANK you, cause they're all gonna drag me about that."
Yeah, nowhere did they say it was 50/50. It was probably 95/5, which... is typical when one partner makes more than the other. That being said, Ry(l)an(d) is a still a gold digger, but Shane deserves him.

Oh and the beginning of the video where Shane made SUCH AN AWKWARD FIT about how he felt guilty about buying his dream house because of his money and he's been on youtube for ten years... *yawn*.

Fuck off, Shane! You are filthy rich... and I mean it literally. I can't wait to see you ruin the flooring of your bathroom by peeing on it, nor can I wait to see your "pee bottles" everywhere in the house.

Also, good luck with whatever animals you have in the house. That *has* to be Ryan's doing, as we know if it were under Shane's charge, the animal'd starve. I guess now we know what he's good for, he's the pet keeper... after all, he *is* from Utah! :?

Piink-mcnasty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Piink-mcnasty »

Every video Rylan makes is sponsored. I wouldnt doubt if he makes 50k + from a video. Not to mention his Ig posts that are sponsored!
That being said, i do think he did help buy the house. If thats part of downpayment, or part of mortgage, w/e.
Not all families have spouses that are equal bread winners. Which is totally fine.
Its clear the guy who gets millions of views and has been on YT for 10+ yrs paid majority of the house, but he chooses the spend his life with a guy who makes less then him.

Yes, Rylan totally came off as a gold digger in the past. However as of lately, i havent noticed. Just looks like a typical youtuber who makes thousands off brand deals and flashes it.

Hunty_Bunz
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Hunty_Bunz »

Long time lurker. First time poster.

Shane Dawson is just not Shane Dawson anymore. He’s a sell out. I watched Shane when he did sketches. And as “offensive” as they were, they were original, creative and some what entertaining.

He’s got serious mental issues, just like the rest of these Youtubers that claim that they’re normal people that made it from the ground, up. They’re all struggling to actually figure out their purpose in life. Wealth, pretty houses, adventures and vacationing are obviously luxuries every human strives for, but you can clearly tell they’re missing their over all purpose in life. If you stuck these youtubers in a room full of doctors, nurses, teachers, firefighters, etc they would feel smaller than small and their money wouldn’t even make them feel bigger. Entertainers, especially these ones that are stuck on the YouTube echelon have a void they want to fill, but can’t, so it’s justified by the fact that whatever they’re producing for the world is making them a lot of money—and that’s that.

That being said, I really think Shane has copped out on himself. Apologizing for all of his past videos because the current climate of YouTube wouldn’t approve of him if he hadn’t... creating what he thinks to be Netflix-grade documentaries instead of humorous content... It’s just not him.

His boyfriend is a pretentious, materialistic little twit who so OBVIOUSLY loves the money more than the guy. He gets this gitty little girl voice anytime he has a chance to display his new goodies (ahem, the house tour video), not so much when he’s talking about his beau or their endeavors. I’m sure behind closed doors Ryan and Shane really do share intimate moments, but there is not a doubt in my mind that Ryan always has money as a motivating factor to stay with Shane in the back of his mind. His videos are not even worth monetizing if they don’t include Shane or displayment of their wealth in some way.

At some point in time, Shane lost his path. He lost his energy, his motivation, his over all humor. Self deprecation humor is only funny so many times. These docuseries, as you all have mentioned, are subpar and annoying. Over dramatized, unnecessary footage, bias etc... He does not make a good interviewer and he will end up scratching off part of his chin with his weird little boy hands if he keeps trying to do that perplexed look.

Their new house is gorgeous, I’m not knocking that. And I do think Shane deserves some nice things in his life because before he took care of himself, he bought his mom a home and helped his brother. But he needs to step out of his 14 yr old boy mentality, clean himself up and function like a normal adult or all the nice things in his life will end up turning into trash.

RenaiHunter
Informer
Informer

Post by RenaiHunter »

Honestly? I think at this point Ryland may make as much or even more than Shane. His videos are still monetized, he gets sponsors for EVERYTHING he posts.
I doubt BetterHelp paid Shane THAT much. He barely posts videos, he doesnt do the podcast anymore & I doubt he has much savings left.

So yea, I feel like Ryland is the advertise friendly twink and may be soon the one taking care of the family when Shane is totally unable to function normally and stops posting.

miserlou
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by miserlou »

I’m so jealous. I need to get me a rich, insecure sugar daddy because this whole 9 to 5 thing is not working out

secondhandlover
Debater
Debater

Post by secondhandlover »

So he straight up lied when he tweeted he didn't move to Calabasas. Oh Shane.

beautyblenderhohoho
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by beautyblenderhohoho »

so someone dOES LIVE IN CALABASAS maybe he'll stop faking poor for pity

moonlightprincess
Learner
Learner

Post by moonlightprincess »

I miss spooky boys and low-effort conspiracy videos tbh. Please no more series. They're repetitive and just masturbatory documenting of rich people. Rich people have problems?? GASP. Rich people have lots of money, and therefore quality property and belongings? OHMYGODOHMYGOD. It's just not interesting to me.

Amanda
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Amanda »

SpeedyGonzales wrote:really nice house :tu
I’ve taken the link of my post......That is one ugly house, it looks more like a showroom than a home. Even in the vlog they posted of it doesnt look in the least bit homely. :? I do like the kitchen though but the rest not.

Wacks
Debater
Debater

Post by Wacks »

Damn, went for 3 mil as well! Can they stop acting poor now??? Ryland got the setup, too bad he can’t get pregnant tbh..
I apologise for any horrible grammar/spelling/all that jazz

SpeedyGonzales
Lurker
Lurker

Post by SpeedyGonzales »

beautyblenderhohoho wrote:so someone dOES LIVE IN CALABASAS maybe he'll stop faking poor for pity

and jeffree lives only few miles away ;)

secondhandlover
Debater
Debater

Post by secondhandlover »

[tweet][/tweet]

Oops... why you always lyin'...

Fuego94
Talker
Talker

Post by Fuego94 »

Fuckin christ.

I was just an unfortunate soul and had to endure shane acting like he has lip fillers, not only did my ears suffer immense damage from the sound of dirt and sweat from his voice. I took a quick glance at my phone and I can confirm my eyesight has now drastically took a turn for the worst.

I feel like I'm going to vomit, and I also need 20 showers in a row or more to wash away the dirty feeling I have after watching Shane.

If I wasn't gay and burst into flames at my local church I'd be dosing myself in holy water right now.

I know this has shifted topic from his house. But I needed to share my distress and extreme triggering with you all.

One day Shane will take the hint, hes not funny, can't act and needs several showers and a good scrub.

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk
[neon]Joshua[/neon]

pious
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by pious »

:rofl: I've never seen a house listing with its own domain name.

surgeryhugs
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by surgeryhugs »

Fuego94 wrote:Fuckin christ.

I was just an unfortunate soul and had to endure shane acting like he has lip fillers, not only did my ears suffer immense damage from the sound of dirt and sweat from his voice. I took a quick glance at my phone and I can confirm my eyesight has now drastically took a turn for the worst.

I feel like I'm going to vomit, and I also need 20 showers in a row or more to wash away the dirty feeling I have after watching Shane.

If I wasn't gay and burst into flames at my local church I'd be dosing myself in holy water right now.

I know this has shifted topic from his house. But I needed to share my distress and extreme triggering with you all.

One day Shane will take the hint, hes not funny, can't act and needs several showers and a good scrub.

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk
it was painfully unfunny! i died of second hand embarrassment :?

Post by Guest »

Guys watch this video (I linked it at the bottom on this post)...I SWEAR he must’ve been reading this form! I can’t STAND this dude & he has such a creepy Shane obsession.

cheaplemonade
Lurker
Lurker

Post by cheaplemonade »

omfg.. 17:00 on ryland's house tour video and you can hear shane breathing heavily... embarrassing. sometimes i feel bad for him genuinely, even though he treats his body like shit (drinks only diet coke and root beer) but i truly hope he forms a healthy relationship with food and his personal trainer situation works out.
but yeah that breathing scared the shit out of me lmao
its interesting that they'd share their house layout when their old house was pretty easy to find.
+ they have so much fucking land. im very curious about if theres a fence or something around them?

Post by Guest »

Can some give a rundown of Shane’s insta live? Those spots he showed on his body in the beginning grossed me out, then he continued to talk about his body... so I just left. :rofl:

Return to “Shane Dawson”