Crime-tubers

Melinoe
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Crime-tubers

Post by Melinoe »

Oké so this has been bugging me, anybody knows where Bailey Sarian her theme song Shana sha (Monday video s) is from? I was watching old the simple life episodes and Paris & Nicole where singing that the whole time in the car. Wondered if anybody knows here. Bit weird comment in this section haha but she doesn't have her own.

diluted_brains
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by diluted_brains »

Melinoe wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:35 am
Oké so this has been bugging me, anybody knows where Bailey Sarian her theme song Shana sha (Monday video s) is from? I was watching old the simple life episodes and Paris & Nicole where singing that the whole time in the car. Wondered if anybody knows here. Bit weird comment in this section haha but she doesn't have her own.
I think that's where it's from! at least that's where i recognized it from and she's around my my age (I'm 27 and she's 31) and i grew up watching that show so i would assume she watched it as well.

bebexo+
Learner
Learner

Post by bebexo+ »

Has anyone seen Joshua Mikes’ latest video? He’s getting a lot of backlash and i kinda have to agree with it. This is what happens when crimetubers try to play detective, it’s no joke. He was almost defending Christine and I don’t think he even realises it.

theongreyjoy
Debater
Debater

Post by theongreyjoy »

bebexo+ wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:40 pm
Has anyone seen Joshua Mikes’ latest video? He’s getting a lot of backlash and i kinda have to agree with it. This is what happens when crimetubers try to play detective, it’s no joke. He was almost defending Christine and I don’t think he even realises it.
I can't believe he's going to make a part 2 to discuss whether Christine is guilty or not - of course she's guilty! There are so many cases out there where it's possible that the person who was convicted of the crime might be innocent and making videos discussing those would be so interesting, but this ain't it. It's pointless discussing and entertaining the "possibility" that Christine is innocent and tbh I think it's disrespectful to the parent's of her victims. They've already had to deal with losing their children, and having their children's autopsy photos being leaked online, they don't need some idiot Youtuber pretending to be on CSI and trying to come up with random scenarios in which Christine could be innocent. This just isn't the case for things like that.
Sit back and enjoy your problems, you don't always have to solve 'em :toss:

saywhatyouwant2me
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by saywhatyouwant2me »

theongreyjoy wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:21 am
bebexo+ wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:40 pm
I can't believe he's going to make a part 2 to discuss whether Christine is guilty or not - of course she's guilty! There are so many cases out there where it's possible that the person who was convicted of the crime might be innocent and making videos discussing those would be so interesting, but this ain't it. It's pointless discussing and entertaining the "possibility" that Christine is innocent and tbh I think it's disrespectful to the parent's of her victims. They've already had to deal with losing their children, and having their children's autopsy photos being leaked online, they don't need some idiot Youtuber pretending to be on CSI and trying to come up with random scenarios in which Christine could be innocent. This just isn't the case for things like that.
He's deleted the video so no part 2 I guess.

I never watched so my comments are mostly general to all crimetubers.

I suppose these are the methods some crimetubers resort to to keep their viewers interested. Cliffhangers and suspense. Did they or didn't they? Except this is real life and if the outcome is certain then it's salacious for the sake of being so.

Crimetubers are already treading on thin ice when they try to dramatise these stories and I guess Joshua missed the mark.

Yeah, we the viewers might be intrigued or dare I say entertained by these videos but it's still tragic events happening in people's lives so they have to be careful and respectful.

best_audrina
Debater
Debater

Post by best_audrina »

what case was it? I didn't get a chance to watch it before he deleted it.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

pious
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by pious »

I'm pretty new to the True Crime community. I watched Shauna Rae for a while but she tries to make every victim sound like they were on their way to greatness before they died.

I recently stumbled upon "investigators" who follow true crime cases as they happen and do live shows. Has anyone watched Gray Hughes? I like what he does but half of his shows are him berating his viewers, many of which donate to him and pay for membership.

pious
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Crime-tubers

Post by pious »

pious wrote:I'm pretty new to the True Crime community. I watched Shauna Rae for a while but she tries to make every victim sound like they were on their way to greatness before they died.

I recently stumbled upon "investigators" who follow true crime cases as they happen and do live shows. Has anyone watched Gray Hughes? I like what he does but half of his shows are him berating his viewers, many of which donate to him and pay for membership.
I know what I said about Grey Hughes is off-putting but if you can get past his condescending attitude, his channel is really good. He does deep dives into cases and interviews family, friends, investigators involved if he can. It’s kind of a different thing than listening to someone retell a story because he only does unsolved cases with the actual intent of trying to find ways to help solve them. He uses tools like google earth to map out locations and does 3D recreations of crimes. It’s pretty cool. He also donates a lot of money( possibly all? I’m not sure) he gets from streaming to pertinent organizations at the end of every month.

He usually streams every day for a few hours. I’m really enjoying it but frustrated I can’t talk in his chat about what an absolute knob he is sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/user/grayhuze

EleanorRigbyy
Debater
Debater

Post by EleanorRigbyy »

pious wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:33 am
I'm pretty new to the True Crime community. I watched Shauna Rae for a while but she tries to make every victim sound like they were on their way to greatness before they died.

I came here to say exactly this about Shauna. She lays it on so thick sometimes it's too much. I heard her say in a video that seeing pictures of the victim, "Always brought a smile to her face" and about gagged. She tries wayyyyy to hard to act like every victim was amazing and perfect. Which to a point, of course you should say a few things about the victim. But their interests.. What their life what like. I had to stop watching her because she falls over herself to empathize in every single video.

pious
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by pious »

EleanorRigbyy wrote:
pious wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:33 am

I came here to say exactly this about Shauna. She lays it on so thick sometimes it's too much. I heard her say in a video that seeing pictures of the victim, "Always brought a smile to her face" and about gagged. She tries wayyyyy to hard to act like every victim was amazing and perfect. Which to a point, of course you should say a few things about the victim. But their interests.. What their life what like. I had to stop watching her because she falls over herself to empathize in every single video.
She has a soothing voice that I like falling asleep to, but I don’t find her storytelling interesting anymore. It feels like if you’ve seen one Shauna Rae video, you’ve seen them all.

hipshakerrr
Talker
Talker

Post by hipshakerrr »

Melinoe wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:35 am
I always thought she got it from simple life too. *shrug*

Post by Guest »

cupcake-bby wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:00 am
Yeah georgia seems to imply a lot that americans are idiots for having guns. If she doesn't understand or "never will be able to understand" as she says since she lives in the UK she shouldn't comment on it. Yeah we can't walk into a store and buy guns just like that in europe but does it really matter?? People get stabbed or killed in other ways. Is she gonna say people are stupid for having knives in their kitchen too? Also it rubbed me the wrong way when in multiple of her videos that bring up religion, one being this video she did with her guyfriend she seems to imply that christianity specifically is homophobic or this and that and her tone is very insulting. I doubt she'd say those things about other religions or tell it to someone's face and she even replied very rudely to someone who said very politely that it's disrespectful and that most christians aren't like that, saying that basically...they are.
Did anyone watch Georgia's Emanuela Orlandi video where she said 'Catholicism' in a super offensive tone? It seems she disrespects religion in general. I usually like her videos but recently something about her rubs me up the wrong way. I have to agree that on her social media she comes across as a spoiled and entitled person who complains about not being able to afford anything, without realizing how privileged she really is, being able to travel abroad, care for her horse etc.

EleanorRigbyy
Debater
Debater

Post by EleanorRigbyy »

I'm so sick of crime tubers putting their lack of financial gain from videos on us a viewers. I don't feel bad when they get demonetized. It sucks but I don't want to hear a sob story in order to justify a sponsor or patreon plug. Just plug it and move on. Trying to manipulate viewers by acting like they deserve money for their 20 minute google researched video just makes me not want to watch. If they are only making videos for extra money just fcking stop???

saywhatyouwant2me
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

EleanorRigbyy wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:15 am
I'm so sick of crime tubers putting their lack of financial gain from videos on us a viewers. I don't feel bad when they get demonetized. It sucks but I don't want to hear a sob story in order to justify a sponsor or patreon plug. Just plug it and move on. Trying to manipulate viewers by acting like they deserve money for their 20 minute google researched video just makes me not want to watch. If they are only making videos for extra money just fcking stop???
Especially when you consider the content that's getting them paid. People being murdered and going missing. But no let's feel sorry for the poor YouTuber.

WanderingLittleBear
Lurker
Lurker

Post by WanderingLittleBear »

Wow, some people here don't like Bailey Sarian for exact reasons I like her for xD. Now I'm wondering if I'm a bad person lol :D.

getinitgucci
Informer
Informer

Post by getinitgucci »

I don’t mind Georgia’s videos. Usually they are pretty good. But holy shit she’s that sensitive to THIS page? Girl if you want to be on the internet you need tougher skin. This is one of if not the NICEST stuff I have read on guru gossip as a whole. People criticizing your opinion on guns or your patreon asking for money when you travel? Boo hoo. If your going to threaten to delete your channel over something that small: do it. I hate when creators act this melodramatic. It’s for attention and you look like a toddler. Nobody forced you to read this page what a joke. She clearly was just looking for people to go “noooo girl WE LOVE YOU. STAY PLEASE.” If you are so open and willing to leave...do it. There’s other people who will gladly continue to make the same kind of content (let’s be real most of the crime channels are super similar). She’s a dime a dozen in the sea of girls that post their faces looking somber next to victims photos.

getinitgucci
Informer
Informer

Post by getinitgucci »

I just realized my gg glitched was was showing me old posts I hadn’t read before...still glad I saw she tweeted that last year because that is just a big eye opener for me.

Sputnik
Informer
Informer

Post by Sputnik »

I don't go on Georgia's twitter, is she really that sensitive? She comes across pretty level-headed in her videos and seems to be on top of her uploads. I've never seen her e-begging in her videos either. I don't mind her bashing religion and guns since I'm atheist and pro-gun control lol. Right now, her's and That Chapter's videos is all I watch when it comes to True Crime. Got sick of Danielle Hallen and Shauna Rae. But yeah, like someone said, this is one of the tamest threads on GG, youtubers sensitive to any sort of criticism should definitely not come here.

saywhatyouwant2me
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I really thought Georgia would grow more than she has. Her videos are well researched and she's respectful, not click baity.

I'm surprised Joshua miles gets more views. He can barely string a sentence together and has been caught using misleading titles in his videos. Also let's not forget the drama where he was borderline defending a woman who was found guilty of killing a child all to feed into the suspense of the second part of his video where that would have come to light.

Alright, not defending but he was questioning her guilt in a way that kinda absolved her of wrongdoing.

Han-ky90
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Han-ky90 »

Does anyone know what happened to all
of shaunas videos? I checked today and no videos on her channel Instagram is private :(.

Hope she's okay.

Return to “General and Miscellaneous”