Crime-tubers

BLAHscent
Learner
Learner

Re: Crime-tubers

Post by BLAHscent »

Knitting Jenny wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:44 am
I do like Eleanor Neale, I don't watch her anymore though, because all she does is solved cases, which I think is disrespectful to make money with. It revictimizes the victims of the crimes for a petty reason.
I don't see it that way, as revictimizing the victims. Unless the family of the victim asks her to take down specific videos, or to refilm them, as someone else said.
The way i see solved cases is like a ray of hope for all the other cases that are yet unsolved. I also consider that we can still learn from those cases. Maybe someone may find more victims of the culprit by learning about the solved cases. It's often said in the case of the serial evil-doers that the real number of victims is not known. How about those Janes and Joe Doe's and their families? Wouldn't it be nice if they too would get some closure? And if watching a video on a solved true crime case is the way, then why stopping it?

Maybe i have too much hope for a good ending. who can know?
I blog @ [url=http://obscurejourney.com/]ObscureJourney.com[/url] at least monthly.
Please go check my other site as well, obscureoblige.over-blog.com. Thank you. <3

Knitting Jenny
Informer
Informer

Post by Knitting Jenny »

BLAHscent wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:05 am
Knitting Jenny wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:44 am
I do like Eleanor Neale, I don't watch her anymore though, because all she does is solved cases, which I think is disrespectful to make money with. It revictimizes the victims of the crimes for a petty reason.
I don't see it that way, as revictimizing the victims. Unless the family of the victim asks her to take down specific videos, or to refilm them, as someone else said.
Why must somebody have to say something before it's not okay? And how often do the families not say anything but seethe silently? How often the victim doesn't have a family?
I also consider that we can still learn from those cases. Maybe someone may find more victims of the culprit by learning about the solved cases.
Who? Internet sleuths?
It's often said in the case of the serial evil-doers that the real number of victims is not known. How about those Janes and Joe Doe's and their families? Wouldn't it be nice if they too would get some closure? And if watching a video on a solved true crime case is the way, then why stopping it?
Because solved cases don't solve crimes. They are already solved. They are just entertainment. Especially if every gruesome detail is recounted like a medal of fucked. All for clicks.

Maybe i have too much hope for a good e ... can know?

It's not a good ending for the vicim. Because they are dead. Finding their murderer doesn't make that go away. Retelling their last moments doesn't help them. It doesn't help their families. It certainly doesn't help internet sleuths in their endeavor to be better than the people actually involved.

redzipstick
Learner
Learner

Post by redzipstick »

I feel like true crime you tubers have been boring recently a lot of them copy each other especially after jsc blew up I've only been watching Hannah the horrible and 10 to life aka Annie Elise but the biggest struggle I've had with watching her videos is how heavily everything is censored why can't she just make her videos 18+? now her videos are hard to stick with and I feel like sometimes she is very biased.

Tea87878
Learner
Learner

Post by Tea87878 »

Has anyone noticed that there's been a lot of overlap lately? Like Youtuber A will post on one case and then Youtuber B makes a video on that same case and it's out like 4 days later? I get some but there's then been heaps lately.

BlossomBeach29
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0

Post by BlossomBeach29 »

Only crime channels I watch are JCS and Explore With Us. They are just more professional, go in depth about the case with detailed analysis and pay proper respect to the victims rather than treating the crimes like some kind of entertainment gossip show.
I really dislike the crime channels where it's someone sat talking to us. Feels insensitive because you can tell they don't actually care. It's just another crime to talk about. I think people forget that these things happened in real life and people actually suffered and died.
A lot of people treat true crime as an exciting bit of entertainment and it's weird. It's morbid curiosity but that can go too far when you start becoming desensitised to what's happened.

Bella1999
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Post by Bella1999 »

I can stomach Bailey Sarian, as my sister pointed out: "she's snarky but only ever snarks the bad guys, never the victims"

I'm surprised by the lack of non-MLM related criticism Kimbyrleigha gets. She's extremely unpopular in the anti-MLM community but I feel like she doesn't get criticized enough for her the way she does her true crime content.

Like the way she plasters that influencer face smack dab in the middle of her thumbnails with the duck pout rubs me the wrong way... :?

And am I the only one who can't stand how she does a like a *dramatic reading* of the victim's background? It feels more like sensationalizing the victim than honoring their lives and memories. Idk, the fake "I'm about to cry saying this" voice gets on my nerve as it doesn't come off genuine.

Like, yeah, I get it, you're a conventionally attractive woman, Kim, good for you - but do you really have to have to have the Vogue face on every thumbnail? Have some respect, girl. You can post your thirst traps on IG.

Bella1999
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Post by Bella1999 »

Tea87878 wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:58 pm
Has anyone noticed that there's been a lot of overlap lately? Like Youtuber A will post on one case and then Youtuber B makes a video on that same case and it's out like 4 days later? I get some but there's then been heaps lately.
I feel like it's like this in every genre tbh

It's like this in the commentary / gossip / drama channels, ASMR. Everyone jumps on the next bandwagon for views with nothing new to add.

Like I get that happening in the beauty community with new product releases, but one crime YouTuber will make a video about a cold case - just because, no new evidence - and a week later, the next YouTuber does that same case.

I wonder if that kind of thing causes tension behind the scenes between YouTubers.

Return to “General and Miscellaneous”