Carrie “I’m not like other girls” Hayley Fisher (part 8)

kofi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Carrie “I’m not like other girls” Hayley Fisher (part 7)

Post by kofi »

sugashooz123 wrote:So, Carrie liked this tweet

Hasn't she played all of her roles as angry though? I remember she became known as the "angry" Eponine and people couldn't understand why she played it like that, and she would always try and justify it to people. Pretty sure her Veronica came across as angry more than anything too. Now this? :?
The thing is– it worked with Éponine because it makes sense that a starved, abused, lonely young woman would be angry. I don’t know much about Musical!Wednesday so I won’t comment on it, but Veronica’s character is way more complex that just “angry”, and that’s why Carrie’s portrayal didn’t work in Heathers.
I think she was lucky when she did Les Mis that angry is a portrayal that works for Éponine because now I’m pretty sure she plays angry by default because it’s the only emotion she somehow knows how to render.

KC90
Learner
Learner

Post by KC90 »

MissEm wrote:Carrie: Grumpy, Frumpy & Fishing for Compliments.

Also, I really hate that she’s doing Instamas - saying she’s doing the equivalent of Vlogmas and putting it on Insta stories. That isn’t the same at all, and it’s laughable. (And no captions to boot!) I feel like 24 hour disappearing video clips unedited isn’t equivalent and I’m annoyed that she’s not just fully saying no, if she’s so busy. Someone even suggested she try IGTV and her response was that she couldn’t figure out how to make IGTV work. Like come on.

I didn’t want to watch her vlogs anyway but now her Instastory will be even longer and more annoying.
Plus, considering she said it would be all day, she's managed 5 posts today... 2 of those were from her bed and 1 of them was a picture of her breakfast. Definitely the same quality content as vlogmas :roll:

Illogic_ally
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Illogic_ally »

I wish she would make up her mind on whether or not she’s going to bother captioning her stories. I usually wait until I’m home/wearing headphones to watch people’s stories that I know will have talking, but then she started captioning then for a hot minute and I thought I’d be right to watch it at work, but nope :roll:
I can’t imagine how annoyed someone who is actually hearing impaired would be, since she’s so wishy-washy about it. Just don’t do it (and don’t say you will) if you’re not going to remember and/or bother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

katushkakatya
Learner
Learner

Post by katushkakatya »

Why does she talk so much if she's losing her voice? Wouldn't you try preserving your voice by shutting up?? Lmao she could just type everything for her story if she's so sick it's affecting her voice argh.

I totally believe the dress was made blue as a marketing ploy, imagine all those hopefuls that missed heathers because they live too far, who will go see WOTW because Carrie's wearing a blue dress.

bansheemagnolia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bansheemagnolia »

Illogic_ally wrote:I wish she would make up her mind on whether or not she’s going to bother captioning her stories. I usually wait until I’m home/wearing headphones to watch people’s stories that I know will have talking, but then she started captioning then for a hot minute and I thought I’d be right to watch it at work, but nope :roll:
I can’t imagine how annoyed someone who is actually hearing impaired would be, since she’s so wishy-washy about it. Just don’t do it (and don’t say you will) if you’re not going to remember and/or bother.

As someone who is hearing impaired, the whole thing around captions never bothered me, my phone is set up to help my hearing loss. Even with her croaky voice I can understand her clearly. The likes of Dodie could do with some captions as I can't understand her most of the time.

Post by Guest »

I've held off posting for so long, because mostly what she does doesn't bother me that much I just roll my eyes.

But her last video she said about "taking" the two "complimentary" biscuits so that she'd get another two. What she meant was she stole them. I used to work in housekeeping, things used to get counted out for us, depending on our work load for the day. That sort of thing would have got me in trouble (and frequently did, I used to see people saunter past my trolley and steal a shampoo). They're not just all there for you to take whenever you want.

I get that it's just a little thing and not exactly a big deal, but her attitude towards it really hacked me off, they aren't just a free for all for you to steal off an employees work station.

Post by Guest »

She didn't take them off the cart though, she just took the ones in her room out of her room in the hopes that they would get replenished, no different than if she had eaten them.
I agree that when you are a Fletcher and thus pretty well-off it seems ridiculous to broadcast that in a vlog, but its not stealing.

Post by Guest »

Scraps-Of-Adventure wrote:She didn't take them off the cart though, she just took the ones in her room out of her room in the hopes that they would get replenished, no different than if she had eaten them.
I agree that when you are a Fletcher and thus pretty well-off it seems ridiculous to broadcast that in a vlog, but its not stealing.
I totally misheard that part of the video then, my mistake. In that case it's just cheeky, definitely not stealing.

Illogic_ally
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Illogic_ally »

For goodness sake, either answer the question or don’t. People want to know what roles you’ve auditioned for before, literally no one cares about how well you’ve learnt how to face rejection :roll:

I actually mostly enjoy Carrie’s stories and Q&As, but holy hell its getting annoying when she tries to coyly skirt around an answer as if she’s being interviewed. Just don’t choose that question to answer!

iammoonmoon
Talker
Talker

Post by iammoonmoon »

Welp, “Instamas” lasted all of two days. Idk why she keeps saying things that she can’t follow through with. I mean, I personally don’t care, I prefer Carrie off SM and only on yt but her fans must be disappointed
Excuse typos I’m probably on mobile

NeverLetGo
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by NeverLetGo »

Long time lurker here. Just wanted to share a video of Carrie as Beth
[youtube][/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4rCLPYHXfc

Long time WOTW fan, have to say i'm a little underwhelmed by this performance

MissEm
Talker
Talker

Post by MissEm »

NeverLetGo wrote:Long time lurker here. Just wanted to share a video of Carrie as Beth
[youtube][/youtube]

I watched a video of her last WotW performance and I even see a difference in the way she did it a few years ago... not terribly different but I think it had a little more nuance before, whereas now does seem not so great. But then - I’m not super familiar with WotW, so I’m not sure what they’re going for.

https://youtu.be/TxefepTTj-U

LylaJovana
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LylaJovana »

"The Face" and "The Nod".

That's her entire acting range.
Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they?

Illogic_ally
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Illogic_ally »

MissEm wrote:
NeverLetGo wrote:Long time lurker here. Just wanted to share a video of Carrie as Beth
[youtube][/youtube]

I watched a video of her last WotW performance and I even see a difference in the way she did it a few years ago... not terribly different but I think it had a little more nuance before, whereas now does seem not so great. But then - I’m not super familiar with WotW, so I’m not sure what they’re going for.

https://youtu.be/TxefepTTj-U
I agree, the first performance she has a sense of urgency and desperation, which given the situation is I guess what they would be going for, but the recent one doesn’t have much of that. There’s not a lot of emotion, she’s kind of just singing and saying the lines. Maybe it’s because she’s played the character before so she’s not really trying? Which is weird given how much she ‘connects’ emotionally with her characters, you’d think playing the same one again you’d have a leg up on the emotion they’re supposed to be feeling.
Maybe she just doesn’t care because she’s only in the one scene :roll:

Silent Q
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Silent Q »

LylaJovana wrote:"The Face" and "The Nod".

That's her entire acting range.
Lol I spotted The Nod at 5:19.

Silent Q
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Silent Q »

Illogic_ally wrote:Maybe she just doesn’t care because she’s only in the one scene :roll:
Anyone else sensing some resentment about this in her newest vlog? Lots of “unlike with Veronica, I have a lot of free time since I’m not in Act l,” “I’m only in Act ll so I have a lot of downtime,” etc said with almost resentment.

It’s also pretty interesting to look at her resume and see it’s mostly the same shows and roles over and over again. She did the “I was in it as a kid and now as an adult!” gimmick twice (Les Mis and Chitty). She’s done WOTW twice. She’s done “big announcements” that she’s going to be touring in a show, only to announce it’s in the same show in the same role.

Doesn’t she want to try anything new? Or is she desperate to take any job that’s offered to her?

2TinyPanthers
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 2TinyPanthers »

Silent Q wrote:
Illogic_ally wrote:Maybe she just doesn’t care because she’s only in the one scene :roll:
Anyone else sensing some resentment about this in her newest vlog? Lots of “unlike with Veronica, I have a lot of free time since I’m not in Act l,” “I’m only in Act ll so I have a lot of downtime,” etc said with almost resentment.

It’s also pretty interesting to look at her resume and see it’s mostly the same shows and roles over and over again. She did the “I was in it as a kid and now as an adult!” gimmick twice (Les Mis and Chitty). She’s done WOTW twice. She’s done “big announcements” that she’s going to be touring in a show, only to announce it’s in the same show in the same role.

Doesn’t she want to try anything new? Or is she desperate to take any job that’s offered to her?
I strongly suspect that she's either not getting offered other roles, because frankly most productions can do better and aren't willing to pay for a "youtube star" when they can get a trained/experienced actor, or she's too afraid of rejection to actually audition for anything anymore. The lack of diversity in her CV is appalling, especially considering she's always banging on about the "longevity" and "variety" of her superspecialawesome acting career.

Mleeps
Talker
Talker

Post by Mleeps »

Zelda92 wrote:I've held off posting for so long, because mostly what she does doesn't bother me that much I just roll my eyes.

But her last video she said about "taking" the two "complimentary" biscuits so that she'd get another two. What she meant was she stole them. I used to work in housekeeping, things used to get counted out for us, depending on our work load for the day. That sort of thing would have got me in trouble (and frequently did, I used to see people saunter past my trolley and steal a shampoo). They're not just all there for you to take whenever you want.

I get that it's just a little thing and not exactly a big deal, but her attitude towards it really hacked me off, they aren't just a free for all for you to steal off an employees work station.

I think you misunderstood her. She said she took the two complimentary biscuits from her ROOM, not the station, so that housekeeping could put two new ones in for when she gets back later. I do that with the hot chocolate sachets in my room, and in Malaysia they gave us these little toothpaste and toothbrush bags so we took them every morning so we could have new ones in the night.

On another note, I had no idea that grey dress was from the old WOTW... damn what a downgrade the blue one is then!

Illogic_ally
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Illogic_ally »

Mleeps wrote:
Zelda92 wrote:I've held off posting for so long, because mostly what she does doesn't bother me that much I just roll my eyes.

I think you misunderstood her. She said she took the two complimentary biscuits from her ROOM, not the station, so that housekeeping could put two new ones in for when she gets back later. I do that with the hot chocolate sachets in my room, and in Malaysia they gave us these little toothpaste and toothbrush bags so we took them every morning so we could have new ones in the night.

On another note, I had no idea that grey dress was from the old WOTW... damn what a downgrade the blue one is then!
Honestly I agree with the dress thing. The blue dress is gorgeous (minus whatever is going on with the shoulders), but it doesn’t really seem to fit the show? Beth is the parson’s wife during the apocalypse, why does she look like she’s dressed to go to a ball? It just looks out of place in my opinion

MissEm
Talker
Talker

Post by MissEm »

Illogic_ally wrote:Honestly I agree with the dress thing. The blue dress is gorgeous (minus whatever is going on with the shoulders), but it doesn’t really seem to fit the show? Beth is the parson’s wife during the apocalypse, why does she look like she’s dressed to go to a ball? It just looks out of place in my opinion

I have nothing to back it up but I seriously think they took the color palette from Heathers. They wanted to update the dress and they went with that particular shade of blue. I even remember Carrie making a joke about blue being “her color” now.

Perhaps they did it to make the dresss stand out more on the stadium tour, but I cannot help feeling like it’s still too much, sleeves and that fabric design and the entire wall of blue.

Return to “Carrie Hope Fletcher”