Cheat Day/Food Challenge/Mukbang Youtubers

People with less than 3 archived locked threads.
malloryxo
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cheat Day/Food Challenge/Mukbang Youtubers

Post by malloryxo »

I'm in love with Stephanie's all in approach.
Also in her newest video, she looks soo pretty - I think gaining some healthy weight is doing wonders for her.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

Stephanie has her own thread:

viewtopic.php?t=36463

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OneOfTheHeathers
Debater
Debater

Post by OneOfTheHeathers »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:05 pm
malloryxo wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:19 pm
Also in her newest video, she looks soo pretty - I think gaining some healthy weight is doing wonders for her.
woo boy
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

jaenerys
Talker
Talker

Post by jaenerys »

malloryxo wrote:
HAAAAA

Post by Guest »

malloryxo wrote:
Please read the forum linked in another post about Stephanie Buttermore. There are other forums dedicated to her that discuss more about how problematic she has been. Her all in approach may seem promising on paper, but when you see how she’s incorporated it based on her history of eating, you’ll see how contradictory it is with everything else. There is no way she could not have gained weight from doing cheat days and not restrict. She says she eats clean but she didn’t restrict = that’s bullshit. She claims her all in approach will help her become less food focused then she releases merchandise promoting cheat days. If you dissect some of the comments on her videos and these forums, you’ll see that some people followed her way of eating and gained weight from it, they didn’t lose weight or become healthier. This includes her all-in approach, someone followed that too. And Stephanie did not apologize once for her misguided advice.

malloryxo
Talker
Talker

Post by malloryxo »

intotheohno95 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:18 am
malloryxo wrote: I'm in love with Stephanie's all in approach.
Please read the forum linked in another post about Stephanie Buttermore. There are other forums dedicated to her that discuss more about how problematic she has been. Her all in approach may seem promising on paper, but when you see how she’s incorporated it based on her history of eating, you’ll see how contradictory it is with everything else. There is no way she could not have gained weight from doing cheat days and not restrict. She says she eats clean but she didn’t restrict = that’s bullshit. She claims her all in approach will help her become less food focused then she releases merchandise promoting cheat days. If you dissect some of the comments on her videos and these forums, you’ll see that some people followed her way of eating and gained weight from it, they didn’t lose weight or become healthier. This includes her all-in approach, someone followed that too. And Stephanie did not apologize once for her misguided advice.
Guess I've got some reading to do! (I didn't know she had a forum of her own or even think to search it cause I had seen her mentioned in this thread before, whoops.)
I really don't follow her closely on instagram or read many of the comments on her YouTube videos, so I had no idea there was so much going on with this ordeal. I thought it was done with the best intentions but perhaps not!

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

Wait what? What happened to moving to NYC?

To be honest I didn’t think NYC would happen because they had no concrete plans and it’s so beyond expensive and difficult to find anywhere to live. I guess it’s easier to be a ~fitness influencer~ in LA.

Is Sara coming?

treelee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by treelee »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:17 am
Cheryl Blossom wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:58 am

To be honest I didn’t think NYC would happen because they had no concrete plans and it’s so beyond expensive and difficult to find anywhere to live. I guess it’s easier to be a ~fitness influencer~ in LA.

Is Sara coming?

Yep, they're going to live together (unless they don't find something they both like and then they'll live apart??? Super dumb reasoning there IMO). She said they both immediately felt at home when they visited. They're moving at the end of August so they better get on finding a place because that's a month and a half away! She's also no longer a vegetarian (or pescatarian) because it was making her binge and restrict issues resurface. She ate chicken in LA and is figuring out how meat will be part of her daily diet.
I could care less if she's vegan/vegetarian, but I don't think meat/no meat was the problem here. I think it's the fact she hoards calories for mukbangs and then is left with poverty macros since she's cutting. Also I'm sure LA will cause her to become a worse version of herself. As someone who grew up in Seattle I see NO appeal to LA. Sure the "freeze" here is a real thing, but I'd take that over a bunch of fakes. Also good luck hiking all those trails in 100 degree heat.

wilmadawn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wilmadawn »

treelee wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:51 am
HoardganizedJen wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:17 am
Cheryl Blossom wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:58 am

Is Sara coming?

Yep, they're going to live together (unless they don't find something they both like and then they'll live apart??? Super dumb reasoning there IMO). She said they both immediately felt at home when they visited. They're moving at the end of August so they better get on finding a place because that's a month and a half away! She's also no longer a vegetarian (or pescatarian) because it was making her binge and restrict issues resurface. She ate chicken in LA and is figuring out how meat will be part of her daily diet.
I could care less if she's vegan/vegetarian, but I don't think meat/no meat was the problem here. I think it's the fact she hoards calories for mukbangs and then is left with poverty macros since she's cutting. Also I'm sure LA will cause her to become a worse version of herself. As someone who grew up in Seattle I see NO appeal to LA. Sure the "freeze" here is a real thing, but I'd take that over a bunch of fakes. Also good luck hiking all those trails in 100 degree heat.
i dont get the appeal of LA either, any other city seems like a better choice. i get that all the popular youtubers are in in LA but you can do that from anywhere in the world/country.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

She seems much more LA than NYC to me. I understand the desire to move away from home but if I were Megan I would never leave that amazing Seattle apartment.

I hope they don’t just pack up their car and head down with no plans or place to live...they’re kinda delusional in that sense. Finding jobs might be hard also. I feel like they don’t really think things through.

AddieB
Talker
Talker

Post by AddieB »

Megan does YouTube full time so I’m guessing that wouldn’t be an issue for her. She said they’re moving later than expected bc Sara has still a bit more saving to do, so I’m assuming a job would be more of an issue for Sara. Tbh if I were Sara I’d be smart enough to bank on the fact that my sis is already a pretty popular YouTuber and start my own channel for now

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Cheat Day/Food Challenge/Mukbang Youtubers

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

Well Megan is also trying to be a personal trainer which there isn’t exactly a shortage of in LA...Sara works in the service industry which again NO shortage of people vying for those types of jobs. Since she lives on her own right now I have to assume she has a pretty decent paying job...bartender or manager maybe? Will be difficult to find something with similar pay

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

Brett Caprioni (Carli Bybel’s ex) is a wannabe fitness influencer and he just got cast to be on vanderpump rules/works at SUR. They should do that, I would die

KSGirl4Ever
Talker
Talker

Post by KSGirl4Ever »

Megan's "exciting news" didnt surprise me at all, either parts. She started eating fish real quick on her channel and hasn't been dedicated to veganism on non cheat days in a very long time. Nothing has ever been set for NYC and she gives off strong LA YouTuber vibes. I wouldn't say shes going to change in LA. I think she has already morphed into a typical LA youtuber, the move will be seamless for her.

death_wish
Talker
Talker

Post by death_wish »

I did find it interesting that she didn't mention what living in LA would do for her YouTube career, though. At least she'll be closer to her mom now. But she did say she's got a lot of family on her mom's side in New York, though. I wonder if they're disappointed.

zellalewis
Lurker
Lurker

Post by zellalewis »

Hi, long-time lurker, first time poster here. Really disappointed in SB for garnering what's basically ED recovery sympathy for herself (not a diagnosis, just comparing the type of attention she's getting to that a person with an actual clinical diagnosis coming clean) without even addressing the issue honestly. I feel for her, I really do, but it's hard to completely feel sorry for her when she's still putting up this pretense. It's like she already told us probably around 75% of the truth, right? Why hold back the 25%? Many people already saw through her act anyway, I feel like if she just completely came clean... The initial backlash would happen, of course, but after that I feel like people would have a whole new respect for her for admitting that her largest source of income (cheat day videos) has played a role in her mental deterioration. That would have been something. Of course, that would mean she'd have to take them down, but I guess money > honesty.

Oh, and I hope for her sake that the front she's putting up on social media isn't how she actually thinks. Surely she can't be that stupid to think it's clean eating that got her to where she is.

mayanne92
Learner
Learner

Post by mayanne92 »

I'm not shocked Megan is moving to LA. It suits her 'fitness influencer' vibe way more. I never saw her as a big, fast-paced city person to be honest - it's not like she gets out and does all the fun stuff Seattle has to offer much. A more spread-out, slower paced city like LA where people drive suits her more imo. I do think she's being kind of naive re: her comments that people in LA are nicer and more genuine than people make out. I'm sure they seem that way at first compared to Seattle, but the stereotype of people being fake and not being loyal friends in LA exists for a reason...

babyphit
Learner
Learner

Post by babyphit »

Does Livia not realize how obviously photoshopped her rear is...? You can see the warping on the railing next to her right hand.

So ironic, considering it's from a post where she talks about women not being envious of other women... Also: no Livia, that "booty" is not built by donuts. It's built by photoshop.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FoodGusher
Informer
Informer

Post by FoodGusher »

babyphit wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:19 am
Does Livia not realize how obviously photoshopped her rear is...? You can see the warping on the railing next to her right hand.
Also: no Livia, that "booty" is not built by donuts. It's built by photoshop.
And by salad, cottage cheese, water and an hour on the stepper every day to compensate/prepare for her cheat binge day.

Glad to see she's making good use of her Bachelor in finances or law or whatever by posting photos of her donut hole. That pic will look very decorative next to her resume when HR is googleing her name. Is her tweaker bf back on the good stuff and homegirl has to find a quick way to make some cash? Slippery slope...

Her sweet mom must be so proud.

wilmadawn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wilmadawn »

FoodGusher wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:29 am
babyphit wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:19 am
Also: no Livia, that "booty" is not built by donuts. It's built by photoshop.
And by salad, cottage cheese, water and an hour on the stepper every day to compensate/prepare for her cheat binge day.

Glad to see she's making good use of her Bachelor in finances or law or whatever by posting photos of her donut hole. That pic will look very decorative next to her resume when HR is googleing her name. Is her tweaker bf back on the good stuff and homegirl has to find a quick way to make some cash? Slippery slope...

Her sweet mom must be so proud.

ugh, she gets more and more thirsty every day. i really can't stand her and her nasty binges. ive always wondered how these girls aren't embarrassed when they are binging on camera for the world to see.

Return to “Misc - Archived Threads”