Opinions on Bethany

Barbieliciousv
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Opinions on Bethany

Post by Barbieliciousv »

Just wondering what ye guys think of her :)
I think she's kinda spoilt, she's always doing hauls and trying to act quirky with the ;
"Don't judge guys but I'm drinking a juice box! Swag!"

BrunetteBarbie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Opinions on Bethany

Post by BrunetteBarbie »

I used to like her but not so much now. She's 16 and acts like she's 11. Girls who try too hard to be 'random' just drive me crazy.

Did she ever announce the winners of her summer giveaway?

Fadia Fiji
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Fadia Fiji »

i would like her more if she didnt act so stupid

Boo
Informer
Informer

Post by Boo »

I think she's annoying. I really like her old videos where she was soft spoken, now she's such a try hard.
BOO

SkySailor17
Lurker
Lurker

Post by SkySailor17 »

I'm the exact same age as her (my birthday is the day before hers) and I'd never act like that. I don't understand why she has to act cute and weird all the time. I do enjoy her videos though, as they're all well-edited and thought-out. I don't like her Instagram though. She only posts pictures of herself and food.

Jerseybitch
Informer
Informer

Post by Jerseybitch »

I know this is dorky, but her vocabulary is very redundant. Sometimes her videos make me wanna play drinking games with my friends, ya just take a shot whenver she says "cute detailing" "omigod" or "swag" etc.

And no matter what all of her makeup tutorials look the same! :evil: This girl needs to grow up

smilemydear

Post by smilemydear »

She's so incredibly childish and embarrassing. When she wrote "Swaggie" on her whiteboard in her room tour vid I cringed so badly. She needs to grow up and stop playing up the tween act...

xxqueenxx

Post by xxqueenxx »

Sometimes it's annoying when she tries to act, but that makes video more fun. Idk, I kinda like her..:)

Forever Eccentric
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Forever Eccentric »

I met her in person and she was very sweet. But, I find her to be extremely annoying in her videos. It's hard to relate to her because, I'm older and in different stage of my life than her.

Refreshmint
Debater
Debater

Post by Refreshmint »

I like her, but I feel like she tries way too hard.

laurie
Debater
Debater

Post by laurie »

Jerseybitch wrote:And no matter what all of her makeup tutorials look the same! :evil: This girl needs to grow up

ugh, yes. line upper waterline for thicker lashes. champagne shadow on eyelid. highlight in the inner corner to look more awake. curl lashes. mascara. EVERY TIME.

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

I've come across people saying "she's 16, she can't act like an adult" but oh god, I'm 16 too and she's... stupid and immature.

paperbackwriter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by paperbackwriter »

smilemydear wrote:She's so incredibly childish and embarrassing. When she wrote "Swaggie" on her whiteboard in her room tour vid I cringed so badly. She needs to grow up and stop playing up the tween act...
What is swaggie anyway?

imkarma
Learner
Learner

Post by imkarma »

I agree with a lot of you!
I cannot stand the random " don't judge me" moments that are obviously planned.
It's like, "No, Bethany you drank chocolate milk on purpose in your video" it's not like she was all of the sudden thinking
"Hey I'm filming. Oh, wow! how'd this milk get here?!"
She obviously goes and gets milk prior to filming so she can have it in her video to seem random. Right?

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

Everything in her life is random.

toroymoi
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by toroymoi »

I honestly do enjoy her videos. I like her style and the good quality of her videos. Quite a few of them have been helpful for me too. However, it definitely wouldn't hurt if she toned it down a bit. It can get irritating. I'm 3 years younger than her and I don't even act like that. But, she is mature in some ways. For example, unlike many other gurus , when she gets hate she doesn't make a huge deal about it like meganheartsmakeup & Michelle Phan have done in the past. At least I don't think she has.

CourtneyShane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by CourtneyShane »

+ : positive, upbeat, seems to genuinely enjoy making videos, commits to regular uploading of videos, good quality of videos.

- : overly cutesy, horrid vocabulary, attempts to be "random" and "weird" to relate to viewers which comes off as try-hard.

bunnyx0
Lurker
Lurker

Post by bunnyx0 »

I used to enjoy her videos, she comes across as sweet and she doesn't involve herself in drama. She's too immature and childish to watch though, which is a shame because I would watch her videos if it wasn't for the horrendous faces/poses she pulls. I'm not asking for her to act like an adult but I'm fifteen and I definitely would not act like that.

AliceRoared
Talker
Talker

Post by AliceRoared »

CourtneyShane wrote:+ : positive, upbeat, seems to genuinely enjoy making videos, commits to regular uploading of videos, good quality of videos.

- : overly cutesy, horrid vocabulary, attempts to be "random" and "weird" to relate to viewers which comes off as try-hard.
My opinion exactly. :)

Laina
Talker
Talker

Post by Laina »

She's one of the few beauty ladies that I still watch regularly. Her over the top cute act and immaturity drives me nuts, but her videos are usually creative and really nice quality. You can tell she puts a lot of effort in, specifically in her fashion videos.

I know this is a silly thing to let get to me, but it's really bothering me that shes telling all her twitter followers that she invented the mustache smiley face! :{D <--- no, Bethany. That has been around for a loonnggg time. Why lie about such a ridiculous thing?! :scratch:

Return to “Macbarbie07 / Bethany Mota”