Borella: 280390 Deyes Off part 74

WhoWillGetNala2019
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Borella: 280390 Deyes Off part 74

Post by WhoWillGetNala2019 »

madcat55 wrote:I'm so confused -- how did the sh*t Zoe wrote for Cordially Invited even get past an editor??!? All I've read so far is the short introduction page and it's completely riddled with grammar mistakes and completely trash writing! Just one of the plethora of grammar mistakes in the introduction: "Whether you’re creative like my mum and I, or you struggle to draw a stick man..." It's my mum and ME, not my mum and I! This is basic grammar! They teach this stuff in elementary school! I'm not surprised that Zoe has the writing skills of a 5th grader but for goodness' sake why didn't the professional editor catch this stuff?!? What the hell was the editor doing? If this is what Zoe's writing looks like after going through numerous edits by a professional editor, I shudder to think what her original draft must've been like. Zoe's writing is complete sh*t; I actually might've been happier if she had had Cordially Invited ghostwritten again because then at least she wouldn't be selling a completely sh*tty product. I genuinely can't believe someone published this sh*t in an actual book.
——

That’s actually one of my pet peeves. It is ‘my mom and I.’ ☺️

WhoWillGetNala2019
Talker
Talker

Post by WhoWillGetNala2019 »

madcat55 wrote:I'm so confused -- how did the sh*t Zoe wrote for Cordially Invited even get past an editor??!? All I've read so far is the short introduction page and it's completely riddled with grammar mistakes and completely trash writing! Just one of the plethora of grammar mistakes in the introduction: "Whether you’re creative like my mum and I, or you struggle to draw a stick man..." It's my mum and ME, not my mum and I! This is basic grammar! They teach this stuff in elementary school! I'm not surprised that Zoe has the writing skills of a 5th grader but for goodness' sake why didn't the professional editor catch this stuff?!? What the hell was the editor doing? If this is what Zoe's writing looks like after going through numerous edits by a professional editor, I shudder to think what her original draft must've been like. Zoe's writing is complete sh*t; I actually might've been happier if she had had Cordially Invited ghostwritten again because then at least she wouldn't be selling a completely sh*tty product. I genuinely can't believe someone published this sh*t in an actual book.
——

QueenBW
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by QueenBW »

WhoWillGetNala2019 wrote:
——

Uh... No. In a phrase like that one it would be "creative like me and my Mom." It is simple to figure out, forget about the " my Mom" part and fill out the phrase just for yourself. Creative like ... Me. We wouldn't say "Creative like I". So it would be me and therefore "my Mom and me." a good editor would have fixed that.

That Angela Oles video was great for showing how absolute crap Cordially Invited is. I don't get Zoe. She has all these opportunities basically handed to her just because she got on YouTube at the right time and her personality then struck a chord, but she doesn't do anything with it.

CykamoreTres

Post by CykamoreTres »

QueenBW wrote:
——

Uh... No. In a phrase like that one it would be "creative like me and my Mom." It is simple to figure out, forget about the " my Mom" part and fill out the phrase just for yourself. Creative like ... Me. We wouldn't say "Creative like I". So it would be me and therefore "my Mom and me." a good editor would have fixed that.

That Angela Oles video was great for showing how absolute crap Cordially Invited is. I don't get Zoe. She has all these opportunities basically handed to her just because she got on YouTube at the right time and her personality then struck a chord, but she doesn't do anything with it.
In this case, the most correct option is definitely "my mom and I", and a good editor has definitely insisted on that because Zoe, much like you, doesn't know that, but go off I guess.

QueenBW
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by QueenBW »

CykamoreTres wrote:
QueenBW wrote:
——

In this case, the most correct option is definitely "my mom and I", and a good editor has definitely insisted on that because Zoe, much like you, doesn't know that, but go off I guess.
I m an editor, sweetie. And we would definitely do me instead of I and actually go with "Whether you are creative like me and my Mom, or..." But you go ahead and dig your heels.

CykamoreTres

Post by CykamoreTres »

QueenBW wrote:
CykamoreTres wrote:
QueenBW wrote:
——

I m an editor, sweetie. And we would definitely do me instead of I and actually go with "Whether you are creative like me and my Mom, or..." But you go ahead and dig your heels.
Not a very good one, apparently.

Apple In My Pie
Informer
Informer

Post by Apple In My Pie »

Offtopic: It’s definitely “Mum and I”. “Mum and me” is grammatically incorrect. In the sentence ‘Whether you’re creative like my mum and I’ ‘Mum’ and ‘I’ are the subjects of the sentence. ‘I’ is a subject pronoun and therefore it fits. ‘Me’ is an object pronoun so would not fit.

Sorry. Grammar student. Had to say that.

madcat55
Learner
Learner

Post by madcat55 »

CykamoreTres wrote:
QueenBW wrote:
CykamoreTres wrote:
QueenBW wrote:

Not a very good one, apparently.
I do believe it's "me" not "I". An easy rule to use is that if the "me/I" is at the end of a sentence, then it's usually "me". If the "me/I" is at the beginning of a sentence, then it's usually "I". For example, "My mother and I ate a cookie." vs "Me and my mother ate a cookie." The former is correct; the latter is incorrect. In contrast, "The cookie was eaten by me and my mother." is correct, whereas "The cookie was eaten by my mother and I" is incorrect. Another easy rule to follow is to just take out the second person (Ex: "My mother") and see if the sentence stills sounds correct.

Sorry everyone, I didn't mean to start a grammar argument. The main point is that Zoe is a terrible writer, so whether it was her intention to or not, she did a good job of removing all doubts about the book not being ghostwritten.

SoboredGGsux
Informer
Informer

Post by SoboredGGsux »

You know her life is boring when an entire page in this thread is people arguing the use of "I" vs "me"

fatdan113
Informer
Informer

Post by fatdan113 »

madcat55 wrote: Zoe is a terrible writer
The "book publishers" are terrible writer's also - too many Zero's written on the paycheck they sent that greedy cry baby !! :rofl:

Post by Guest »

Stay on topic please.

Quit bickering.

Foe people you don’t like.

Thank you.

I love to nap
Learner
Learner

Post by I love to nap »

That's how sad this thread has become, people going off at each other over grammar :(

Jasmine S

Post by Jasmine S »

I know we’re supposed to stay on topic but I genuinely want to know the answer. I was taught it would be “and me” and I’m so confused haha.

Post by Guest »

[youtube][/youtube]

ladymacbeth
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by ladymacbeth »

MineDressFearless wrote:[youtube]<a class="vglnk" href="[/youtube" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>youtube</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>watch</span><span>?</span><span>v</span><span>=</span><span>XxMDYKGbb08</span><span>[/</span><span>youtube</span></a>]
hi, long time lurker! also a late take but just catching up on zoe things and that book is offensive (how to make mashed potatoes lmao) yikes

Caddy01
Talker
Talker

Post by Caddy01 »

It's creative like my mum and I because you are the subject of the sentence, when you are the subject it's "and I"

I really don't understand what she's doing posting a vlog that's at least a month old? Does she think we won't notice? We just released a book, I don't understand why she would post this afterwards

albystrom
Learner
Learner

Post by albystrom »

Cordially Un-Invited? idk lol
Sorry, English is my first language.

catsnotgotmytongue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by catsnotgotmytongue »

It's 'me'. If you were to remove 'my mum' from the sentence you'd have creative like ME, not 'creative like I'.

I'm so confused with the office situation. I never see Alfie there, and when he is they say he's "in meetings", wtf is he doing??
I thought it would be more interesting to see her in the office, and it is a lot better than just seeing her at home slobbing about, but.....idk....Still not interesting enough.

Not keen on this Angela Oles. All she does is sit in a dark room complaining about various other youtubers, and goes on tangents how she makes better content than them (shrug).
Don't stan so close to me

compte-a-jeter
Learner
Learner

Post by compte-a-jeter »

I propose Cordiella: 280390 Creative Tips
Or something like that, idk what to say about the tips
I thought maybe “280390 tips you’d never think of” but that was too long hehe

LaurieLaurie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LaurieLaurie »

Her vlogs in the office are embarrassing, she’s trying to make herself sound busy and important and then plays around like a child.

Return to “Zoella”