PopLuxe

nina84
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

PopLuxe

Post by nina84 »

It seems there's no topic for PL so I'm gonna be petty for a second. His thumbnails are especially obnoxious (I think it's a combination of his hairstyle - I'm sorry lol - and always doing the same facial expression like he's disgusted and somewhat surprised by a makeup product). Also the "NO BULLSHIT" ok? I expect you to be honest. Show don't tell.
Even though his thumbnails in my recommended feed threw me off I decided to click on one of his videos once and I was greeted with a passive-aggressive "mmmm this channel is about PoSitivYty so if you have beef with this brand or its people take it somewhere else mmkay?". It seemed so strangely scripted that I'm forced to assume it's one of the first things he says in every video. Kind of unappealing.

Doctor_Bitchcraft
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: PopLuxe

Post by Doctor_Bitchcraft »

I've watched him and enjoyed him, but I've been skeptical recently.

If it's not super colorful, he's not going to like it.

When he enjoyed the Thirsty palette, and that was a dud (the metallics were shit, and they were 1/3 of the palette!) , I looked at his recommendations with heavy amounts of salt.

I know everyone has their tastes, but he's so biased it just sours me.

Doctor_Bitchcraft
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Doctor_Bitchcraft »

Double post, sorry. Boooo.
Last edited by Doctor_Bitchcraft on Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hcburbs
Debater
Debater

Post by hcburbs »

1.) Nadi does not or can not or will not color match his foundation 2.) his eye looks are just....mediocre 3.) he has a cosmetics company? how? and with whose start up money? 4.) i am fine with cursing, but when it starts to replace actual thoughts and words and ideas because he uses them for everything, then I am out

Lurk Err
Debater
Debater

Post by Lurk Err »

He turned off his comments on his Blendiful review.

Muriel Bananafish
Debater
Debater

Post by Muriel Bananafish »

This guy. His skin always looks like it needs a long drink of water. And the dick jokes every 45 seconds can wear on a person.
*toner is liquidy* "Now y'all KNOW I enjoy creamy fluids on my face!"
*mascara wand has big bristles* "I'm not one to turn down a long, stiff head!"
*makeup sponge expands* "I love when things get wet and grow!"

Like, are we 14?

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thehippiechick »

He makes sexual innuendos and quips constantly (for instance in the Blendiful video he says the little one looked like balls when it's heart shaped) and then always mentions having every video demonetized. Hmmmmm.... wonder why, Nadi?

He turned comments off on his Blendiful review because people kept telling him he needs to use the LARGE one for main application. The little one, which he used exclusively, is for touch ups and blotting / close blending. I didn't see anything particularly rude at all when I read a few comments initially. I guess he didn't get enough "positive energy" on this one.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. - George Carlin

BlueIris
Informer
Informer

Post by BlueIris »

thehippiechick wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:47 am
He makes sexual innuendos and quips constantly (for instance in the Blendiful video he says the little one looked like balls when it's heart shaped) and then always mentions having every video demonetized. Hmmmmm.... wonder why, Nadi?

He turned comments off on his Blendiful review because people kept telling him he needs to use the LARGE one for main application. The little one, which he used exclusively, is for touch ups and blotting / close blending. I didn't see anything particularly rude at all when I read a few comments initially. I guess he didn't get enough "positive energy" on this one.
That's what I think every time he mentions it. Like, is he incapable of not doing it?

Also it's stupid to disable the comments. Just don't read them and get the engagement.

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thehippiechick »

He is still so butt hurt over the comments on the Blendiful video. He has a new one up, Blendiful vs. Amazon dupe and he went on a little rant. LOL

laniezee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by laniezee »

He is getting demonetized because he has a filthy mouth... and so he put up a Patreon. He said he quit his job to do YT full time but can't make money. WELL HEY GENIUS... STOP TALKING NASTY, then maybe you won't get demonetized.

One girl in the comments said she is broke but will sign up when she gets her paycheck. I felt bad reading that. I can't imagine sitting in a luxury apartment -- filming a couple of videos a week & guilting my low income subscribers for donations.. I don't get this -- why doesn't he get another job or try to get his old job back?

LinaLamont
Learner
Learner

Post by LinaLamont »

I'm certain that Jen from Gerard cosmetics has him on some kind of retainer or something - EVERY video now he is mentioning their eye-primer (even in videos where he isn't doing make up) and in his Robert Welsh video he makes a big deal about using their setting spray, again whilst not doing make up...

ETA- and the little gasp/exhalation he does at the end of that naff swatching song is so icky. Makes me feel uncomfortable for some reason :?
"Any girl can be glamorous. All you have to do is stand still and look stupid."
Hedy Lamarr

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thehippiechick »

^ OMG it's November and I just came here to say this, and it was posted back in March! LOL

He has a GC mirror, uses Blank Canvas primer from them every single video and other GC products pop up constantly as well. I'm not a fan, the owner had that drama calling someone "really ugly"... and iirc wasn't she with Manny in that clip? Also questionable business practices. Yeah, no thanks.

Also, his eye looks always look a muddy mess to me? He piles too many shades on top of each other a lot.

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thehippiechick »

Video trying out Fenty Powder Foundation.

Nadi it's a POWDER FOUNDATION. FOUNDATION. He smears 2 different concealers over half his face and proceeds to apply contour blush highlight... THEN uses this like a setting powder.

I cannot.

Shiv
Talker
Talker

Post by Shiv »

Is this the guy who makes clickbait thumbnails like he's going to drag the product and then he likes it?

Kunty_Brewster
Learner
Learner

Post by Kunty_Brewster »

Shiv wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:03 am
Is this the guy who makes clickbait thumbnails like he's going to drag the product and then he likes it?
Yup that’s him. I came looking to see if anyone else thinks he’s bad at makeup and hates the stupid swatching song. I just watched his latest and needed to vent.

DownWithTheGossip
Stalker
Stalker

Post by DownWithTheGossip »

Just had to chip in also being a sassy Gay man, I know the energy only takes you so far and you can't over use it to get things from people. Case in point, Nadi. I enjoyed reading this thread and it was a relief to see so many people haven't fallen to being his prolls. I was originally going to leave a comment calling him out on never positively reviewing a complexion product. Something I get so tired of. My skin is much smoother and I do have days that if I was reviewing something I'd explain that for whatever reason, i.e. alcohol, my skin is rougher and that I couldn't be too biased. Or upload that review and do a second one. But to keep making countless reviews hating on every complexion product is selfish. I once took a MUA class that made me realize I was colorblind. The professor still gave me an A but I took it as a learning experience and didn't pursue makeup as it would be an irresponsible profession to have. I wonder if Nadi is doing the same thing with his lack of will to color match. And also I buy complexion products with less shades and pick light medium so there is less work. What I also don't get is when people said he has a Pateron. I'm not sure how that is legal, because if YouTube demonitized him he is still using his platform to bring customers to his pateron and therefore make money when demonitized. Why not just have pateron only? The reason being he is dependent on his YouTube base. Finally I hate what he says about positive energy at the beginning of his videos while doing all these things and having them go on in the background. Not to be extreme, but theoretically this reminds me of the type of Trump-Hitler fascism that begins with taking a positive idea and using it as a false flag for ill intent, i.e. MAGA. Finally as a sassy gay man please know we aren't all this conceited, we are just kind of broken. Nadi if you are reading this I know you have it in you to bless other people and use your energy to give back and help others.

Kunty_Brewster
Learner
Learner

Post by Kunty_Brewster »

:HK: This was well said. Critical and not mean. I think he’s funny but he also drives me insane with all the sex references. In his most recent he joked “ I wasn’t up all night sucking D”. Come on ... this is why you are not monitized.

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thehippiechick »

Kunty_Brewster wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:33 pm
Shiv wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:03 am
Yup that’s him. I came looking to see if anyone else thinks he’s bad at makeup and hates the stupid swatching song. I just watched his latest and needed to vent.
♪♫ It's swatchin' ti hi hi hi hi hiiiiime *exhale* ♪♫

UGH.

leahb32
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by leahb32 »

Have you guys seen how Jackie used fenty powder in this video http://fumacrom.com/13h1w. The first time I bought fenty was because of her and Nyma! I do think people over hype the sticks though.

Return to “P-T”