Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: MissRemiBashton: Punching and Losing Friends - Part 7

Post by Queen-Lurker »

Castiel wrote:ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Wow! The weight gain is even more evident.

danny-devito
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by danny-devito »

monak wrote:She's not making enough for renting two apartments to be financially reasonable. So many of these YouTubers are idiotic when it comes to their money. Remi in particular is just a moron in general.
definitely not reasonable or responsible, even if she's making millions. i'm honestly surprised she hasn't invested in a house like all of her friends have. my guess is that she doesn't wanna leave downtown for whatever reason. she talks a lot about going out, so maybe she just likes being in walking distance from a lot of nightlife? tiff, mia, lauren, and alisha seemingly never go out, so it makes sense that they've settled down into homes while remi hasn't

summerday
Informer
Informer

Post by summerday »

danny-devito wrote:
summerday wrote:I think her apartment now is 5K a month which is already a crazy ass amount to spend on rent and the new place has to be at least 3K a month, so that’s close to $100,000 a year on rent. WTF?!? I can’t think of anything more stupid. It would be way cheaper to just rent an office space.

If she’s willing to spend 100K on rent she must be making at least 3 or 4 times that much in total income. It’s crazy how much she makes, but entertainment careers don’t last forever. I wouldn’t be able to sleep just burning money like that when Youtube could end at any moment and hardly anyone is able to make it on Youtube/Instagram when they’re 40+. She’s planning to blow 100K/year because she doesn’t want to answer emails and edit at her kitchen table. Stupid.
to be honest, she's probably making in the millions. monica church posted a vlog where she briefly mentions/alludes to her income, and i believe her income like a year or two ago was around 800k. remi has bigger channels than monica, so she has to be making at least a million at the moment, given she's got two channels for collecting adsense, more sponsors than monica both on youtube and other platforms, honeyflop, and now sponsored content on prettybasic... on top of receiving toooons of pr and free trips from all types of companies.
I don’t watch Monica, but I happened to see her dumb purchases video and she said that she used to pay 30K/year for rent and that that was less than 30% of her total income. So, I guess a rough estimate would be that she was making anywhere from about 100K – 300K. I mean that’s just an estimate, she could’ve made 800K and still made the statement that 30K is less than 30% of her total income, so idk.

I don’t think Remi makes millions, I think she has at least a million dollars. That may sound like a dumb distinction, but I don’t think she’s getting one million dollar paychecks. I think that all of her paychecks added up over the years is probably a couple of million dollars, but even so, I still think it’s stupid to spend 100K to rent two apartments when she could edit at a coffee shop or an office space.

We know from that lawsuit last year that Bethany Mota makes like 300K for a sponsored video and she has over 10 million subs and her views are way higher than Remi’s. Remi has about 1/5 as many subs as Bethany, so she probably makes about 20% of what Bethany makes per sponsored video. So like 60K. Still a lot of money and she’s obviously not going to go broke renting two apartments, but I just think it’s a dumb thing to do.
definitely not reasonable or responsible, even if she's making millions. i'm honestly surprised she hasn't invested in a house like all of her friends have. my guess is that she doesn't wanna leave downtown for whatever reason. she talks a lot about going out, so maybe she just likes being in walking distance from a lot of nightlife? tiff, mia, lauren, and alisha seemingly never go out, so it makes sense that they've settled down into homes while remi hasn't
But Remi won't even walk to Soul cycle when it's like 5 mins away, there's no way she's walking to the club lol. Yeah, I really don't know why she hasn't followed everyone else and gotten a house, she copies everything else that they do to the point where she takes the same birth control as them, but in the one area where it would benefit her to copy them, she suddenly starts thinking for herself. Smh, idk what her deal is.

danny-devito
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by danny-devito »

giraffe wrote:I thought Monica said she made 80k?
But yeah if Monica makes that much then remi is making much much more.
so i just went back to monica's video and i definitely misremembered. monica said she spent $30,000/year on rent in her la apartment and that was less than 30% of her income, so she was making over $100,000 at the time. so i was definitely wrong haha, thank you for posting! i don't know where i got the 800k from...

either way, remi is easily making more than that now given her bigger following and multiple sources of income. she very well might be investing some of that in a worthwhile way none of us know about, but i highly doubt that considering how much of an airhead she shows herself to be time and time again.

(sorry for the doublepost!)

edit: the person above me beat me to some of these points!

ari789
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ari789 »

I don't know if this is still the case but CloeCouture and some other youtubers had rented little spaces in those communal offices. Like a very small individual office space just to get out of the house and be more productive. That makes SO much more sense to me. Even Tiffany was smart enough to invest in a house with a detached garage that she can run her business from. There are just so many better options.

quietcat6
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by quietcat6 »

Remi in her element... on the stripper pole. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

cocomomo
Informer
Informer

Post by cocomomo »

danny-devito wrote:
monak wrote:She's not making enough for renting two apartments to be financially reasonable. So many of these YouTubers are idiotic when it comes to their money. Remi in particular is just a moron in general.
My guess is she thinks she'll meet more guys in the big city.

Egoist
Debater
Debater

Post by Egoist »

I wonder if her parents tried to talk her out from renting another apartment.
I think everyone can see how dumb her decision is. So much money wasted :roll:

quietcat6
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by quietcat6 »

judy_hopps12 wrote:I wonder if her parents tried to talk her out from renting another apartment.
I think everyone can see how dumb her decision is. So much money wasted :roll:
I wonder if the apartment is for her mother to stay in when she visits Remi in LA. She had an IG story a few nights ago in which she claimed to be on a date and was "so nervous" but she was showing a clip of her mother at dinner with her and she was giving her mom something to look at, like a big reveal of a present. She hasnt mentioned it again as far as I know. But you know how she lives to give ridiculous over the top expensive crap to people. She tweeted a one liner "She deserves it." the next day.

cuzisayso
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cuzisayso »

She looks so much bigger
Also... those boobs do not fit well in the cup of the dress :/ but what else is new?!

You can tell she is uncomfortable
In that tight dress that’s why she already tied that sweater around her tummy area
And keeps her hair in front of her weird side boob situation
Why not dress for your size?
She could’ve put a cute dress on, 1 or 2 sizes bigger and looked so much better
Look how her back fat is just rolling out/over of the back of her dress :/

ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kathysantoni
Debater
Debater

Post by kathysantoni »

I'm watching her packing to move vlog and oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh my gosh she has so much shit. No wonder she wants a new apartment I mean office. She's gotta move all the crap to a new location. It's funny because Alisha showed some of her house in a recent vlog and it looked like they had 2 perfectly great guest rooms FILLED with crap too.

Remi mentioned having someone 'super awesome' coming over to help with her closet so I could only wonder who that was. It can't be Mr. Kate can it? Either her or that other girl Alisha and Ashley use.
"STOP GLAM SHAMING ME!!!"

gheebuttersnaps
Learner
Learner

Post by gheebuttersnaps »

I really don't understand why she can't just get rid of stuff. Don't rent an entire separate apartment for your crap!! That is literally insane! All that money she could save to get a three bedroom house.

timesnewroman
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by timesnewroman »

She is def someone who should practice minimalism in her life. She has way too much shit it blows my mind that she basically got an expensive ass storage unit. She's moving all the shit from her walk in closet to the "office" and is buying MORE stuff to replace it since it sounds like Mr kate is coming to do her closet/place. Then the bags on bags of clothing she needs to put on her Poshmark is incredulous....just stop buying so much shit. It seems weekly that she'll have a haul of useless shit sometimes items in various colors because she likes the fit. She has a huge shopping addiction problem, she's taking shit from her apartment to the office and justifying these new purchases to replace those items.

Like someone else has sad this office thing just doesn't work because of all the shit she needs to bring back and forth. Unless she is buying all new tech equipment. I think Eli edits some of her videos but she has talked about editing a couple times recently so if she left her laptop at her apartment and didn't bring to office what's she going to do. Same with cameras and equiptment. She can't even walk to soul cycle some days I don't see her lugging things back and forth. Same with the kitchen in the "office" it's for her cooking videos. She has so much food and cooking supplies at her apartment, she really gonna lug shit back and forth? Nah. She mentioned having issues with food going bad (since she eats out so much) so much more food waste is going to occur because she now has to keep track of 2 set of groceries.

I agree with the sentiments that some ppl prefer having a separation of home and work. But this is just so first world I can't even fathom being this wasteful. Can't imagine having that much money and being so incredibly dumb. She might as well just bought a house if she decided on having 2 places.

Sorry for the long rant lol been thinking about these things for a while but didn't have time to express. I also tried listening to prettydumb, i'm usually quite good at listening/watching mindless stuff but their podcast really beat me, I couldn't even finish it even though I can normally watch though her vlogs. This is could not handle hope it flops lol there are much more interesting and educational podcasts out there

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

quietcat6
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by quietcat6 »

The next thread should be "Hoarding baby, hoarding."

RadrabbitZo
Learner
Learner

Post by RadrabbitZo »

I am getting so much second hand embarrassment hearing her talk about her date and the guy she is seeing (maybe not anymore telling from her tweets and constantly talking about boy drama). I can't imagine any guy thinking it's funny or normal to hear the girl they are dating joking about getting married, engaged, etc. when THEY HAVE BEEN ON ONE DATE. Remi, STOP. Stop sabotaging your happiness!!! And let Alisha talk about something, you hogging the spotlight with your unnecessary stories is not ok! She's all "mmhmm. Yeah. I know! You're valid." When Alisha talks and Alisha actually listens and gets into the stories that Remi tells like a good friend. Ugh Remi annoyed me with this last episode.

kittykat94
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kittykat94 »

“Your feelings are always valid!!!!” annoys me to no end for some reason. Like learn some new vocabulary

quietcat6
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by quietcat6 »

kittykat94 wrote:“Your feelings are always valid!!!!” annoys me to no end for some reason. Like learn some new vocabulary

That one annoys me too. It just seems like she is trying to excuse all her behavior because her "feelings are always valid!!!!"

elephants35
Learner
Learner

Post by elephants35 »

She has the vocabulary of a high schooler, using the same "queen" and "we love..." because she doesn't know any other terms.

kittykat94
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kittykat94 »

Oh boy here we go. In the next episode of “Pretty boring” Remi is going to be more open, honest and vulnerable than she ever has been before about something that happened to her in NZ the other week.

Any guesses on what it is?

quietcat6
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by quietcat6 »

kittykat94 wrote:Oh boy here we go. In the next episode of “Pretty boring” Remi is going to be more open, honest and vulnerable than she ever has been before about something that happened to her in NZ the other week.

Any guesses on what it is?
OMG, does she ever let Alisha talk in these things?

I'm guessing something related to a guy.

Return to “MissRemiAshten”