Inthefrow but not @thealtar - blingless, forever busy blogge (part 3)

Lechat
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Inthefrow but not @thealtar - blingless, forever busy blogge

Post by Lechat »

Emmy25 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:54 am
It's funny that they are all scrambling to find the right words to use for all the free shit. "Press treatment" for her latest free facial. It sounds stupid. I know it's an old way of thinking but I always think of members of the press as people who work for newspapers/magazines etc like journalists.
Exactly! I meant what does Press Treatment even mean? The term suggests a demo or trial of the full product. But clearly she has a full course of treatments with this spa. It is a gift. It’s been given for free. She posts about it because it’s content to keep people viewing her stories and blog not because she “loves it” and post about it anyway, I wish she’d (and other scammers) stop fucking about with these stupid terms and just be honest. The ASA and CAP need to start enforcing as well.

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

Emma just wrote a blog just like Victoria did, but a lot more open and honest and one thing in it really stood out for me: she was told off by some other influencers for disclosing too much.

That made them look bad, because they refuse to do the same :?.

Calabria
Informer
Informer

Post by Calabria »

jiggy_girl wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:56 pm
tsoumpakoi wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:23 pm
scgirl212 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:35 am
Serious question from an American about Brexit.....will there be an affect on travel/travel of the guests if she wants to get married outside the UK? I know there is a lot of uncertainty but I would be very nervous about having a destination wedding right now if I was her...or is it not that big a deal?
If she gets married this year she is going to be fine. But from next year we don't really know what kind of papers we are going to need to fly in the EU. Financially it won't make much of a difference. I'm not an expert though.
We know we won't need visas, it's been confirmed. But even if not - they would be basic visas, it's something like £6 that they were considering. It would be fine
If I were her I’d be thinking about how the £ might perform against the € in terms of exchange rate. I think we can expect the £ to weaken thereby making a wedding in Europe more expensive all round. It’ll be alright for her and Alex #gifted but not for the rest of her guests, y’know, the non sponsored plebeians!

bad_wolf
Informer
Informer

Post by bad_wolf »

lol icky vicky's gonna preach to us about sustainability and not eating meat but she doesn't care about human lives. she's fine to travel and rack up her carbon footprint and go to the maldives, india and dubai and stay in absolute palaces and lush hotels where workers work in dangerous conditions and are sometimes killed and earn an absolute pittance to serve her majesty all so queen vicky can preach to us whilst she holds up her latest polyester nightmare that costs 700 pounds cause it has a tacky logo on it. gotcha.

eastsidebabe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eastsidebabe »

Here is a quote from her blog re the castle in Provence:
"We got up at 4am, I spent maybe £600 of my own cash (after using £300 worth of avios points), and me, Alex and Annabel (my wedding planner) went on over to Marseilles to visit this venue in Provence.

We get the 7am flight, rent a £150 car over to the place, drive for 1hr 20 excited to see it, and as we walk up to the big gorgeous 16th century chateau, what do we see?"

So if it hadn't had the concrete block spa, she might have rented the venue and expect her guests to spend this kind of money for a two or three day weekend, never mind the carbon footprint they would have created?

peasoup
Informer
Informer

Post by peasoup »

eastsidebabe wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:49 am
"We got up at 4am, I spent maybe £600 of my own cash (after using £300 worth of avios points), and me, Alex and Annabel (my wedding planner) went on over to Marseilles to visit this venue in Provence.

We get the 7am flight, rent a £150 car over to the place, drive for 1hr 20 excited to see it, and as we walk up to the big gorgeous 16th century chateau, what do we see?"

So if it hadn't had the concrete block spa, she might have rented the venue and expect her guests to spend this kind of money for a two or three day weekend, never mind the carbon footprint they would have created?
There's so much emphasis on spending her own money in that post, she has clearly gotten used to having EVERYTHING + MORE sponsored that it pains her to spend her own, even if it's a few hundred pounds. The greed for money is a little bit tacky. And so what you found out that the venue is shit BEFORE the wedding?! Isn't that part of planning?! I'd have more sympathy if she found out on the day so yeah, these things happen, deal with it?! What a bimbo.

peasoup
Informer
Informer

Post by peasoup »

bad_wolf wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:17 pm
lol icky vicky's gonna preach to us about sustainability and not eating meat but she doesn't care about human lives. she's fine to travel and rack up her carbon footprint and go to the maldives, india and dubai and stay in absolute palaces and lush hotels where workers work in dangerous conditions and are sometimes killed and earn an absolute pittance to serve her majesty all so queen vicky can preach to us whilst she holds up her latest polyester nightmare that costs 700 pounds cause it has a tacky logo on it. gotcha.
Money is everything to her and carbon footprint is the least of her priorities. I reckon if they paid enough she'd eat meat again :rofl:

peasoup
Informer
Informer

Post by peasoup »

Also I'm sorry but that castle isn't nice to look at. It has that fake look like it's been built for a theme park. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise victoria.

loveherhateher
Informer
Informer

Post by loveherhateher »

Iris1969 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:33 am
Catyogurttasteflavor wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:30 am
That one leg up thing she sometimes does on her Insta is just weird and cringy.
Agreed. She wants to have her thing like Alex has his jump, but it’s too forced in her case :?.
Even Alex thinks it's strange...did you see his face?

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

Now everyone knows the magician’s tricks the magic is clearly gone for a lot of people :D.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gossipy locks »

Iris1969 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:30 am
Now everyone knows the magician’s tricks the magic is clearly gone for a lot of people :D.
Ooh, interesting that the person called Vic out for using engagement pods.

Calabria
Informer
Informer

Post by Calabria »

Also, £150 for car hire for a day?! Talk about being ripped off. Car hire at Marseille starts at about £25 a day... oh but of course she’d need a luxe vehicle wouldn’t she *rolls eyes*

Influenzabuster
Debater
Debater

Post by Influenzabuster »

Iris1969 wrote:
They are awakening.. post by post. <3

QueenDecember
Informer
Informer

Post by QueenDecember »

Influenzabuster wrote:
Iris1969 wrote:
They are awakening.. post by post. <3
I didn’t realize just how many clothes are gifted or loaned. For special trips occasions, sure. But I’m starting to think everything Victoria and the like wears is a gift. Like, do they buy underwear at least? It’s mind boggling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tsoumpakoi
Debater
Debater

Post by tsoumpakoi »

Why is anyone surprised? Victoria was already quite open about brands sending her things and paying for trips. In pretty much every single one of her videos she showcased something that was "kindly gifted" and she released a list of 36 trips of 2018 and the brand that payed for each one. Why would anyone think differently?

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

tsoumpakoi wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:30 am
Why is anyone surprised? Victoria was already quite open about brands sending her things and paying for trips. In pretty much every single one of her videos she showcased something that was "kindly gifted" and she released a list of 36 trips of 2018 and the brand that payed for each one. Why would anyone think differently?
Because she pretended that some clothes or shoes were kindly gifted, but now she confessed that almost all her clothes and shoes were gifts. I should’ve know, but I was still somewhat surprised.

QueenDecember
Informer
Informer

Post by QueenDecember »

Iris1969 wrote:
tsoumpakoi wrote:
Because she pretended that some clothes or shoes were kindly gifted, but now she confessed that almost all her clothes and shoes were gifts. I should’ve know, but I was still somewhat surprised.
I figured being a “lover or fashion” she at least bought SOME clothes. Apparently not.

The new fashion rules? Don’t wear it unless it’s free or comes with a paycheck, basically.

loveherhateher
Informer
Informer

Post by loveherhateher »

Iris1969 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:57 am
tsoumpakoi wrote:
What really got me was the sneaky way she and others utilized gift vouchers from sites and stores (i.e. Selfridges, Luisaviaroma, etc), and then presented the clothes in a haul under the pretext that they were purchased with their own money. I, like you, knew they got free things, but for sure not the full extent of how deceptively those items were portrayed in the videos. I can see why many influencers aren't happy with these new rules...it's a turn off to see how much of their closets are free.

Nellienell
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Nellienell »

peasoup wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:17 am
eastsidebabe wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:49 am

There's so much emphasis on spending her own money in that post, she has clearly gotten used to having EVERYTHING + MORE sponsored that it pains her to spend her own, even if it's a few hundred pounds. The greed for money is a little bit tacky. And so what you found out that the venue is shit BEFORE the wedding?! Isn't that part of planning?! I'd have more sympathy if she found out on the day so yeah, these things happen, deal with it?! What a bimbo.

This comment 💯!!!! Greedy, Greedy, Greedy her true sentiment/character came out in this video. You went to France and spent some of your own money to look at a venue - so what! Last I heard she is a millionaire. If she doesn’t want to spend money why go to France to get married. Are there are no beautiful venues in England??? The wedding is more for show and Instagram likes and pulling rank on every other blogger who has gotten married.

flix16
Debater
Debater

Post by flix16 »

In a way I feel sorry for her.
She’s so obsessed with being instagramable perfect and portraying this false life that she never seems relaxed or able to let her hair down.

She’s that uptight, I bet if you stuck a piece of coal up her ass within minutes you’d have a diamond.

Return to “Inthefrow”