Inthefrow but not @thealtar - blingless, forever busy blogge (part 3)

slugella
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Inthefrow but not @thealtar - blingless, forever busy blogge

Post by slugella »

flix16 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:14 pm
In a way I feel sorry for her.
She’s so obsessed with being instagramable perfect and portraying this false life that she never seems relaxed or able to let her hair down.

She’s that uptight, I bet if you stuck a piece of coal up her ass within minutes you’d have a diamond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The diamond comment :rofl:

But yeah I totally agree. Sometimes I feel jealous seeing everything they have and how easy money and nice things come to them. But really I wouldn't trade with them. They clearly feel pressure to keep up and never seem to enjoy what they have, its always about what they will get next. Even her wedding, I doubt she will even enjoy it properly. I can't imagine her letting her hair down and having fun, it'll all be about checking everything looks good for instagram. I'd have so much more respect for her if she had a private wedding so she could enjoy it with her friends and family but as if she would ever pass up all the free stuff she will get thrown at her. At least she will have to disclose everything she gets for free for her wedding with these new rules which I'm sure she's fuming about.

sleepyhead19
Talker
Talker

Post by sleepyhead19 »

I can’t believe that even her hair coloring is gifted, as she wrote on her BAFTA insta caption. Does she pay for ANYTHING?

mg95
Informer
Informer

Post by mg95 »

the thing about disclosing gifts just hits even harder because in hindsight vic has been SO dishonest. she’d always say things like “I picked this up” or “I’ve been debating buying this for a while now” and stuff like that, meanwhile she never actually did any buying. Way more of her clothes and bags were gifted than I originally thought. I don’t know how she could ethically pretend to be buying all this stuff and then telling her viewers to go out and spend $1000s when meanwhile she wasn’t. She is so greedy.

QueenDecember
Informer
Informer

Inthefrow but not @thealtar - blingless, forever busy blogge

Post by QueenDecember »

mg95 wrote:the thing about disclosing gifts just hits even harder because in hindsight vic has been SO dishonest. she’d always say things like “I picked this up” or “I’ve been debating buying this for a while now” and stuff like that, meanwhile she never actually did any buying. Way more of her clothes and bags were gifted than I originally thought. I don’t know how she could ethically pretend to be buying all this stuff and then telling her viewers to go out and spend $1000s when meanwhile she wasn’t. She is so greedy.

Exactly! Asking “babe” and “lovely” to use her affiliate link to drop thousands of dollars on something she got for free. Meanwhile, she gripes on and on about having to spend a dime for travel to an out-or-town venue or her choosing.

What a spoiled materialistic brat, honestly.

And did you see her new post on house hunting? This girl is seriously out of touch with the real world:

Aimz_yeah
Talker
Talker

Post by Aimz_yeah »

Is anyone else just really bored of all the suits she wears. They're all variations of the same and most of the time I don't even think they suit (no pun intended) her, especially those pink ones

dissolved
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dissolved »

TBH ever since the engagement, I am really bored of her, not just the suits. Especially now when the new rules are in place- it is more clear to me than ever that these people are glorified salesmen. Because of free nails, hair, clothes, furniture, groceries/soaps/make up, probably some gym memberships along the way, I do not believe in any review she does. The fact that she cries about spending £600 of HER OWN MONEY just goes to show how little they actually have to spend- what's that compared to the sustainable bs haul that was completely gifed? I cannot wait for this weird trend of these nobodies getting literally and I mean LITERALLY everything for free to end- it will be rude awakening when Vikky finds out that all the shit she gets will have to be bought with the money from her pocket.

Jujifruit
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Jujifruit »

What the heck does Alex see in her?? They seem to have nothing in common. He surely cannot be as shallow and materialistic as her, can he?

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

Jujifruit wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:58 pm
What the heck does Alex see in her?? They seem to have nothing in common. He surely cannot be as shallow and materialistic as her, can he?
I think he’s enjoying the good life at the moment (travelling, lots of expensive free stuff and doing a bit of photography to keep him entertained) and he knows only Victoria can give him access to this easy lifestyle.

Post by Guest »

Iris1969 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:49 pm
Jujifruit wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:58 pm
I think he’s enjoying the good life at the moment (travelling, lots of expensive free stuff and doing a bit of photography to keep him entertained) and he knows only Victoria can give him access to this easy lifestyle.
How many men do you know who don't have to spend a penny for their own big fancy wedding? I can only think of Princes Wills & Harry...

Angelismo
Informer
Informer

Post by Angelismo »

He is obviously from not a very wealthy background so I guess for him this all is still very exciting

Angeoudemon
Informer
Informer

Post by Angeoudemon »

Haven't watch her in a while and I'm shocked over how skinny she has become! She has always been slim but when she "admired" her reflection wearing gymshark I felt a bit uneasy.

Also I do find her high-pitched giggling a bit fake to be honest.

magento
Learner
Learner

Post by magento »

she's trying to go full on #nellandteddy without spending the money lol
:FU: :rofl:

tsoumpakoi
Debater
Debater

Post by tsoumpakoi »

Angeoudemon wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:16 pm
Haven't watch her in a while and I'm shocked over how skinny she has become! She has always been slim but when she "admired" her reflection wearing gymshark I felt a bit uneasy.

She basically eats avocado toast, acai bowls, crab and tuna salads and maybe a piece of fish when she goes out. It's a mystery how she gets the energy to work out. And her voice in general when she likes something gets so high-pitched that probably she scares bats and dolphins.

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

tsoumpakoi wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:20 am
Angeoudemon wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:16 pm

She basically eats avocado toast, acai bowls, crab and tuna salads and maybe a piece of fish when she goes out. It's a mystery how she gets the energy to work out. And her voice in general when she likes something gets so high-pitched that probably she scares bats and dolphins.
I’ve noticed that when she fake likes something she goes even higher :lol:.

QueenDecember
Informer
Informer

Post by QueenDecember »

Hi all...popping in to say Victoria posted a new blog post explaining why all her PR gifts are important. ()

Can blog comments be easily deleted? Because this could get interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Iris1969

Post by Iris1969 »

QueenDecember wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:36 am
Hi all...popping in to say Victoria posted a new blog post explaining why all her PR gifts are important. (Image)

Yep a lot of justifications for why she needs them, because as an creator she only wants to inspire her subs by showing them the latest fashion. It’s all out of the goodness of her heart off course and because she’s such a fashion expert and not at all because she is a freeloader :roll:.

I think most comments will be gushing and the rest will be gone with the wind within minutes ;-).

tsoumpakoi
Debater
Debater

Post by tsoumpakoi »

Iris1969 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:42 am
QueenDecember wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:36 am
Hi all...popping in to say Victoria posted a new blog post explaining why all her PR gifts are important. (Image)

Yep a lot of justifications for why she needs them, because as an creator she only wants to inspire her subs by showing them the latest fashion. It’s all out of the goodness of her heart off course and because she’s such a fashion expert and not at all because she is a freeloader :roll:.

I think most comments will be gushing and the rest will be gone with the wind within minutes ;-).
The only people who comment on her blog are smaller bloggers trying the get attention.

tsoumpakoi
Debater
Debater

Post by tsoumpakoi »

Also nobody told her to stop receiving PR gifts. We just asked to know when something is free, so we can tell how genuine the review is.

Brunette_
Informer
Informer

Inthefrow but not @thealtar - blingless, forever busy blogge

Post by Brunette_ »

QueenDecember wrote:Hi all...popping in to say Victoria posted a new blog post explaining why all her PR gifts are important. (Image)

Yes, blog comments can be easily deleted and even set to ‘awaiting approval”, and then deleted before anyone sees them.
As for her ‘explanations’, she needs to accept the fact that she is just a new marketing channel for the brands - a quick way to reach their target audience. Victoria’s sense of style is very questionable. She once attracted a lot of attention for two reasons:
-her appearances: pastel hair colour, tiny frame and tattoes
-wearing heels (which most women nowadays do not do).
There is nothing stylish about her, and she is incapable of matching items together in an unusual, personalised, and yet fresh and attractive way. Pairing pants with blazers (and not even doing the best job there) is a no brainer.

If you remember the times we had no SM influenzas ‘to show us what’s new’, we were all casually going to the stores and seeing it all by ourselves. And that worked great! I don’t remember suffering from not knowing about a new Nars mascara.

Lechat
Informer
Informer

Post by Lechat »

From her blog post
The Consumer - And as for the follower, the viewer and the consumer of any of the content I create I sincerely hope they benefit from the imagery, videos, written word and brand deals I take part in, even if it's just visually. I would love to think that people enjoy the content I spend so long brainstorming, planning and creating, whether it be organic and on the spot in my local coffee shop having breakfast with my Alex or whether it has taken weeks of planning, hours of travel and has been aided by the help of a PR gift or two, from a brand I'm a fan of.
“I hope the consumer benefits” absolute bullshit. No. She wants the consumer to BUY because that is what her value as an influencer is based on. Brands using her reach to get consumers to buy and consume goods and services. Stop bullshiting that it’s all some kind of art that we can sit and appreciate because trust me if sales weren’t being made following ads and gifting to influencers then brands would stop and spend the ad budget elsewhere.

Her whole argument that everyone (brand, influencers and customer) benefits from Pr gifts is bullshit. It only benefits the brand for basically cheap advertising and the influencer who gets free shit to make content out of and then get a rebate through affiliate links, and more work with that brand which is lining their own pocket. The mug is the customer who has a parade of never ending “new” “must have” stuff rammed down their throat and ends up buying thinking they need it.

Return to “Inthefrow”