Doctor Thirsty - Dr. Mike

loloksrlybrb
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Doctor Thirsty - Dr. Mike

Post by loloksrlybrb »

First of all ladies and gents, I know the vast majority of us out here would bang the shit out of this pretty boy. But then he'd want to go to breakfast in ripped jeans and a tight button down and all of sudden you really have to leave.

I have, on more than one occasion, watched his videos on mute. I am a heterosexual woman in a longterm relationship :rofl:

What do we think? Do the looks and life-saver status outweigh the painful dorkiness? I mean really, he should have wayyy more BDE

[video][/video]

I like when he watches the medical dramas because I was a Comms major and don't know anything about science or medicine. It gives good context

[video][/video]

And I do appreciate the focus on education (even with the cheesy sponsorships) Staying in his lane so-to-speak

I want to thank this forum for existing... No one in real life understands why I give a shit about Youtubers :rofl: :love2:

ItsRawrzz
Informer
Informer

Re: Doctor Thirsty - Dr. Mike

Post by ItsRawrzz »

I like some of his videos, but I don't like him much. He has outright copied a lot of "doctor watches" videos from Dr Hopes Sick Notes, who has even tried to talk with him but I think he got blocked? I can't remember, but it was in oneof Hopes videos where he addresses Mike.

Lolipopsuger
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Lolipopsuger »

I really like him he seems very positive in a kind of obnoxious way lol. I wish if he'd add different things to his channel like vlogging it's getting boring

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

OMG. He is so good looking. I mean, many months ago, when I first found his videos I needed to know if he had a girlfriend. He was dating a local NYC news anchor. Then, in his recent "I tried keto for a month" video, he mentioned he was getting over a breakup and I actually got excited for a moment.

On a more serious note: I have mixed feelings about him. He seems like a nice enough guy. And he truly seems to be devoted to being a good doctor. But I can't quite tell if his humility is real. Usually when someone puts a lot of effort into being a popular YouTuber or social media influencer, it's either because they are driven by money or a desire for fame. Are his intentions really about just wanting to educate people about good health or is he motivated by his ego?

CheriBeriBem
Informer
Informer

Post by CheriBeriBem »

His videos kept popping up in my suggestions and I refused to watch them because I expected him to be so nauseating, but when I clicked on his Keto video I was delightfully surprised! He’s actually funny and doesn’t take himself too seriously! On the other hand I think that he’s on YouTube for recognition and fame, he hasn’t done anything shady yet so let’s see about that!

disney3
Learner
Learner

Post by disney3 »

Presence wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:21 pm
OMG. He is so good looking. I mean, many months ago, when I first found his videos I needed to know if he had a girlfriend. He was dating a local NYC news anchor. Then, in his recent "I tried keto for a month" video, he mentioned he was getting over a breakup and I actually got excited for a moment.

On a more serious note: I have mixed feelings about him. He seems like a nice enough guy. And he truly seems to be devoted to being a good doctor. But I can't quite tell if his humility is real. Usually when someone puts a lot of effort into being a popular YouTuber or social media influencer, it's either because they are driven by money or a desire for fame. Are his intentions really about just wanting to educate people about good health or is he motivated by his ego?
Sorry to break it to you, but he has a new girlfriend!
@betsyalvarezz on instagram
Some of his comment under her posts are quite dirty.

Crustacean789
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Crustacean789 »

I also noticed the dirty comments he left on Betsy Alvarez IG posts, it seems he moved on quick after Jennifer Lahmers.

disney3
Learner
Learner

Post by disney3 »

Crustacean789 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 12:51 pm
I also noticed the dirty comments he left on Betsy Alvarez IG posts, it seems he moved on quick after Jennifer Lahmers.
Ya, he leaves them on every damn photo. Its kinda weird if you ask me. Also seems really out of character for him.

Also, after some brief insta stalking, it seems like he has dated quite a few girls over the years, and seems to move on from them quick. I mean, it was just back in december when he mentioned going through a breakup.

Just an observation tho, I still kinda love him. :rofl:

wildturtle
Informer
Informer

Post by wildturtle »

I just find him really thirsty. Didn’t he use to rent a Ferrari and takes photos of him with pretending like he owned one?

Someone on reddit said this and there have been a few other posts like this:
“He wasn't discovered, he has literally been reaching reach out to writers asking "Do an article about me modeling and doing medicine" for a year until a bimbo finally took the hook. Srsly check his fb page.”

I mean good for him for hustling but to me he doesn’t come across as humble as he likes to portray.

Is he extremely hot? Yes.

But even some of his videos, like the most recent one of him saving a guy on a plane. Then like news articles coming out about him with the title “Sexiest doctor alive saves a passenger’s life...” that he retweets ln twitter. I know he didn’t write the title of the news article but he clearly likes the attention, and it makes me wonder if it was him who told media stations about what happened on the plane. Obviously it’s commendable and I’m thankful a doctor was on the plane to save the guy, but the whole news glorification of him and then making a video about it seems like or exploitative and fuelling his ego, even if the video tried to “educate” viewers. Idk the way he went about it after it happened seems like he’s very image conscious if that makes sense.

Also the thirst comments he leaves under that Betsy girl’s Instagram that he’s dating are really cringey. Like yeah he’s hot and successful but he seems really dorky with women. I also don’t see him settling down with someone anytime soon. He’s only 29 and lots of men are settling down even later. I could see him settling down maybe in his mid 30s (after the social media hype downs die) with a model or someone in her early-mid 20s.

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

All really good, and astute, observations, wildturtle.

While reading your post, what also comes to mind, is that I wonder how serious he is about medicine. If his time and attention is being so focused on social media, attention from the media, appearances, making YT videos, etc, etc, when exactly does he have the time and focus to give to his patients and to continue to improve as a doctor?

I wonder if his goal is to be a mediocre, but famous, doctor (with more emphasis on famous).

I checked out Betsy's IG. In one of her photos, she's sitting at his kitchen island. It got me to thinking. If he does move on quickly after a breakup, I wonder how his exes feel about knowing a new woman is hanging out with his dog. I remember seeing photos of Jennifer and his dog and she seemed to really be attached. It must sting a bit to see you've been replaced.

Xoxogabby
Debater
Debater

Post by Xoxogabby »

Lmao I came here because of his thirsty ass posts on every one of Betsy’s photos. Clearly she’s a rebound. He moved on so fast from Jen. He’s with her because she’s very pretty and young oh and a model lol

8gurugossiper8
Learner
Learner

Post by 8gurugossiper8 »

I unsubbed from him after he posted that red meat video. At the time, I was trying to get my bf to go vegan and after we watched the vid together, he turned to me and said "see? pork isn't bad for you."

This DOCTOR took the Hippocratic Oath to take money from the National Pork Board and do no good and only harm with that message. He had the gall to say that plants might feel pain. I mean wow, that's a real stretch and he must have came up with that himself since I don't think even the National Pork Board thinks people are that stupid. How could I take any video of his seriously after that? Even after he took the video down, he still stood by it.

Xoxogabby
Debater
Debater

Post by Xoxogabby »

I wonder if Betsy’s dunnzo ?? There wasn’t been any cringey comments or likes on her instagram from him.

Sophisnurse
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Sophisnurse »

Right! Those comments were so cringeworthy. I love his videos ,I think he’s adorable but these superficial relationships are weird. It’s hard to take him serious as a professional knowing he’s willing to make public comments like that it’s kinda gross.

PiinkFart
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by PiinkFart »

Can't stand him, honestly wouldn't take him seriously if he ended up being my doctor.

CheriBeriBem
Informer
Informer

Post by CheriBeriBem »

Xoxogabby wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:04 pm
I wonder if Betsy’s dunnzo ?? There wasn’t been any cringey comments or likes on her instagram from him.
He’s just liked one of her tweets

Post by Guest »

I like him. He does seem to enjoy attention, but it seems to be a benign thirstiness.

One thing I noticed is that he seems to only want positive attention, as opposed to subscribing to the “any attention is good attention” camp like so many other YouTubers. For example, he admitted to glowing up because he wanted to have better luck with girls, and any time he’s vlogging or filming with someone else he seems to be seeking their approval. Also, that one time he got a little blowback in the comments over some mental health video he immediately pulled back on that kind of content and switched to meme videos for a while. It’s not quite a people pleasing energy, but it’s in the same family, I think. It could turn into an ugly thing where he gaslights his viewers into believing he’s sweet and innocent a la Shane Dawson, but (knock on wood) if it hasn’t happened at 5 million subscribers I don’t think it will happen, at least unless something big happens, like a TV deal or something.

I think he does some good in healing the divide between patients and doctors-I’ve seen many people in his comments saying they found the courage to see a doctor because of his videos, which is a win in my book even if his looks were the initial draw. He might be attention seeking, but I find him hard to dislike him because he doesn’t accept shitty sponsorships, offers interesting insight about the medical community to those who aren’t familiar, calls out misinformation, and overall isn’t an untrustworthy/unkind guy. I’ll keep watching unless he proves me wrong.

Don’t prove me wrong, Doctor Mike!

Weaselredhair
Learner
Learner

Post by Weaselredhair »

I feel like that he wants to be known as a TV doctor instead of being respected for being a doctor. You can see that with who he dates if you wanted to seen as normal wouldn't you date a person with a normal job not a model. He's reaching for that celeb status.

The videos with his nephews are cute but I really feel like it shouldn't be put online. Like that video with his nephew and there's talking about friend with benefits. That should be a private moment between an uncle and nephew not for all the internet to see and judge.

And what he said about the coronavirius. Oh no it's not a pandemic yet so don't worry. I thought was really dumb, I think people have the right to be worried since this information was kept from us (the general public) because they didn't want to create a panic. We're in a pandemic SO NOW do you have the right to panic? And even the way he said it on we're okay in Brooklyn. What about the rest of the world? What about China? What about Italy? What about the UK? This is serious people are dying I think it's fair to be in a bit of a panic.

rdt1004
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by rdt1004 »

Weaselredhair wrote:I feel like that he wants to be known as a TV doctor instead of being respected for being a doctor. You can see that with who he dates if you wanted to seen as normal wouldn't you date a person with a normal job not a model. He's reaching for that celeb status.

The videos with his nephews are cute but I really feel like it shouldn't be put online. Like that video with his nephew and there's talking about friend with benefits. That should be a private moment between an uncle and nephew not for all the internet to see and judge.

And what he said about the coronavirius. Oh no it's not a pandemic yet so don't worry. I thought was really dumb, I think people have the right to be worried since this information was kept from us (the general public) because they didn't want to create a panic. We're in a pandemic SO NOW do you have the right to panic? And even the way he said it on we're okay in Brooklyn. What about the rest of the world? What about China? What about Italy? What about the UK? This is serious people are dying I think it's fair to be in a bit of a panic.
How does he even have time to post videos right now? I’m sure he probably has someone edit for him, but I would assume as a doctor working in NYC he would be too busy dealing with this current public health crisis that he wouldn’t even have time to film videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CheriBeriBem
Informer
Informer

Post by CheriBeriBem »

Why is he encouraging his viewers to go running in the midst of a pandemic? Oh I know! Because Nike paid him to do so!
Unbelievably irresponsible!

Return to “Celebrity”