Asian MUAs feedsback

nabilaahmad
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Asian MUAs feedsback

Post by nabilaahmad »

I found a really nice MUA named cakeup.makeup.by.annum and her quotes are well reasonable... Unfortunately she is unavailable for my date in August 2020... I contacted summayamua for make up and she has charged 170 for travel and I am based in London..... I cannot believe it

That_girl
Stalker
Stalker

Post by That_girl »

Hey guys! New bee on the block! Just saw these threads and wow it was an eye opener! How these girls treat clients is beyond me! And yet people pay hundreds of pounds just for their name to be attached! I am a working hair and make artist and my prices and principles are well about and beyond many of these. It's hard trying to climb the instagram ladder but fingers crossed my principles will pay off!

nabilaahmad
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by nabilaahmad »

That_girl wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:46 am
Hey guys! New bee on the block! Just saw these threads and wow it was an eye opener! How these girls treat clients is beyond me! And yet people pay hundreds of pounds just for their name to be attached! I am a working hair and make artist and my prices and principles are well about and beyond many of these. It's hard trying to climb the instagram ladder but fingers crossed my principles will pay off!
Are you based in London? I am in desperate need of a MUA

Post by Guest »

WHY do they charge so much!?! Oh yeah I fithitt it's to fund their perfect holidays, clothes and meals out!

Two_two22
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Two_two22 »

I really hate how they don't show their prices online. All this back and forth emailing is just annoying. I usually just go to English muas now as rhey are way cheaper and a lot more friendlier and no crazy demands either.

Mjolkoala
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Mjolkoala »

Fifi__delete0 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 1:29 am
Honeymoon_moonlight wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:55 pm
just to clarify are beautybutter, shanarabeauty and mohima sisters? i have to say the make up in their clients look good but i can’t say for sure not seeing it in real life. but tagged photos of people help give a better photo.

anyone know any bridesmaids artists that travel outside of london?
Shanara’s makeup is perfection in person, as is dreaming dahliaa’s.
massively disagree. DD is extortionate for the work she produces. she did my nikkah makeup and it was melting off. also didn’t provide a lip sample for a top up. she’s also increased her price from 350 to 500. probably to make back all the money she spent for her extra angry events.

preeinggg
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by preeinggg »

Shaneeq Bridal is awful. I recently saw a bride who had her makeup done by her and her face looked so white and washed out against the lights on the stage. When the bride was stood next to the bridesmaids you could see the colour difference and how ghostly the makeup was in comparison. I understand a lot of brides request to look whiter but as an MUA you're the professional and you should be able to work with the skin tone and your shades to suit the bride. I've checked out her instagram and a lot of her brides look very washed out with muddy cheeks.

Post by Guest »

preeinggg wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:00 am
Shaneeq Bridal is awful. I recently saw a bride who had her makeup done by her and her face looked so white and washed out against the lights on the stage. When the bride was stood next to the bridesmaids you could see the colour difference and how ghostly the makeup was in comparison. I understand a lot of brides request to look whiter but as an MUA you're the professional and you should be able to work with the skin tone and your shades to suit the bride. I've checked out her instagram and a lot of her brides look very washed out with muddy cheeks.
Yeah i dont understand why shes so hyped up in the asian community? Ive seen a beauty by aisha bride irl who didn't look great but at least her makeup photographs well. Shaneeqs brides look cakey in her Instagram posts

preeinggg
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by preeinggg »

A lot of these MUAs buy likes and followers. Even people like Tanji - if you go through her pictures likes you can see a lot of them are bots which really just deceives people into thinking they're insta famous and really good at what they do. I also thought instagram was removing likes, etc. but yeah, so many of these people buy followers and have like 12k+ followers then you look at their pictures and they only have 80 likes on average.

Post by Guest »

preeinggg wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:10 am
A lot of these MUAs buy likes and followers. Even people like Tanji - if you go through her pictures likes you can see a lot of them are bots which really just deceives people into thinking they're insta famous and really good at what they do. I also thought instagram was removing likes, etc. but yeah, so many of these people buy followers and have like 12k+ followers then you look at their pictures and they only have 80 likes on average.

Not only are they fake af - but they are extremely pathetic too these “influencers”.

Reviewscorner652
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Reviewscorner652 »

My friend got her makeup done from Tanji and compared to the picture she uploaded the makeup was nothing like in real life! She uses flash or photoshop. As soon as I touched her face all the makeup was on my bloody fingers what the hell and it also wasn’t flawless or wow but I guess it was ok for her because she never wears makeup but I mean she does the same style on every model but people still like and book her

Any tea on suraiyamakeup
Lurker

Zeldafromda9
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Zeldafromda9 »

Mjolkoala wrote:
Fifi__delete0 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 1:29 am
Honeymoon_moonlight wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:55 pm
just to clarify are beautybutter, shanarabeauty and mohima sisters? i have to say the make up in their clients look good but i can’t say for sure not seeing it in real life. but tagged photos of people help give a better photo.

anyone know any bridesmaids artists that travel outside of london?
Shanara’s makeup is perfection in person, as is dreaming dahliaa’s.
massively disagree. DD is extortionate for the work she produces. she did my nikkah makeup and it was melting off. also didn’t provide a lip sample for a top up. she’s also increased her price from 350 to 500. probably to make back all the money she spent for her extra angry events.
Her makeup looks standard/ below average in real life compared to the wowwwwwww on ig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeldafromda9
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Zeldafromda9 »

Golf1010 wrote:Why is shahanarabeauty bringing Islam into it... you were late and ruined 4 BRIDES schedules. Due to your own negligence and carelessness. You’ve been in this industry for how long, and you made such a rookie mistake?
Trust the Bengali trash like shayechoudhury and nx.lima (part dog part human) to stick up for this twat
She did make nx.lima insta famous loollll

Zeldafromda9
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Zeldafromda9 »

Khan’s beauty and her sis in law who is also a Mua got beef think her names Irum or something irrum I think Is jealous of her and bitches about her to others......and then makes out the person said things about khans beauty when it was actually irrum that says all these things

sham33
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sham33 »

Zeldafromda9 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:11 am
Khan’s beauty and her sis in law who is also a Mua got beef think her names Irum or something irrum I think Is jealous of her and bitches about her to others......and then makes out the person said things about khans beauty when it was actually irrum that says all these things

whats her sis in law instagram name

A-star
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by A-star »

I dont usually post anything but i feel need to warn people about this one. Anyone heard of aliakhanmua. Shes not very well known only has couple thousand followers but guys if your looking for a makeup artist and dont want to pay a stupid amount - stay well clear of trusting her and look elsewhere. Shes from the slough area. She absolutely ruined my friends hair on her wedding day and she also makes cakes which are soo trash and taste/look horrible. Her cake page is under a different name as she doesnt want people to know she is a ‘mua’ and cake person. She had no shame after when confronted about it and made out as if it wasnt her fault the hair and cake was bad but that she didnt have enough ‘time’. She did my aunties makeup and hair too which literally all came undone an hour into the wedding. My cousin was upset for ages after she couldnt believe she trusted her. It still altogether cost her around £700. Id defo book a more well known person if it were me or come onto here and see who people actually recommend. Dont try save money guys or trust someone unless u defoo know the persons worth it and have seen real pictures, not just the edited ones these people post!

maxmarabh
Informer
Informer

Post by maxmarabh »

Has anyone read MUAs refund policy. There not going to give it back so as to cover their overheads? Erm no you didn't do the work so what are you keeping the money for. MUAs have no business overheads. Pretty disgusting

Post by Guest »

maxmarabh wrote:Has anyone read MUAs refund policy. There not going to give it back so as to cover their overheads? Erm no you didn't do the work so what are you keeping the money for. MUAs have no business overheads. Pretty disgusting
I found the reasoning really off as well. That’s a deposit that they shouldn’t be spending, it should be put aside. The same way the deposit is set aside for when you rent a house.

They haven’t carried out their job so why should they keep the deposit

maxmarabh
Informer
Informer

Post by maxmarabh »

Teaqueendelete8 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:25 am
maxmarabh wrote:Has anyone read MUAs refund policy. There not going to give it back so as to cover their overheads? Erm no you didn't do the work so what are you keeping the money for. MUAs have no business overheads. Pretty disgusting
I found the reasoning really off as well. That’s a deposit that they shouldn’t be spending, it should be put aside. The same way the deposit is set aside for when you rent a house.

They haven’t carried out their job so why should they keep the deposit

Astounding really and so greedy. This mua business is a lucrative business that's paying for 5 star luxury hotel holidays. And they're acting like their a plumber that needs to pay their rent. And your right you shouldn't be spending deposits, deposits are contingency against clients failure, there is no client failure here.

Proper scummy behaviour that being worded in a really manipulative way to guilt the clients. And exactly what overheads are they paying exactly. And no no employer pays anyone in advance, why would they.

Zeldafromda9
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Zeldafromda9 »

sham33 wrote:
Zeldafromda9 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:11 am

whats her sis in law instagram name
Irrammanahil or something

Return to “Beauty Guru General Discussion”