Spooky Lips and Fat Hips

mik_mik
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Spooky Lips and Fat Hips

Post by mik_mik »

I listened to most of the recent podcast (the one about shopping addiction, no buys, etc) and i actually liked and understood a lot of the things Georgia said. But Lacey on the other hand...... she got so defensive and upset at one point because she doesn't think she has any sort of shopping problem and people keep commenting that they think she does/comment that she has so much stuff. idk it came off as being in denial (at least a little, idk if she has a shopping addiction, but i do know she complains about money/doesn't seem to have a lot of money, yet is absolutely surrounded by stuff) and she kept cutting of Georgia to defend herself lolol, did anyone else see this/have thoughts on it??

Brytbratbar
Debater
Debater

Post by Brytbratbar »

mik_mik wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:33 am
I listened to most of the recent podcast (the one about shopping addiction, no buys, etc) and i actually liked and understood a lot of the things Georgia said. But Lacey on the other hand...... she got so defensive and upset at one point because she doesn't think she has any sort of shopping problem and people keep commenting that they think she does/comment that she has so much stuff. idk it came off as being in denial (at least a little, idk if she has a shopping addiction, but i do know she complains about money/doesn't seem to have a lot of money, yet is absolutely surrounded by stuff) and she kept cutting of Georgia to defend herself lolol, did anyone else see this/have thoughts on it??
I thought the same exact thing. I just wanted to hear what’s Georgia was saying because it sounds like she’s identified her issues and is working towards them with professional help but here comes Lacie who wouldn’t stop being defensive. Make up filled a void for a while and now this apartment/plants are but soon something else will replace that. The defensiveness makes me think she’s in denial. I’ve moved and had to furnish an apartment not owning anything and you definitely don’t have to do it all at once like she did. Since Matt’s job can by itself pay their rent I wonder how hard she’ll actually work to find a job herself.

AppleBlossom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AppleBlossom »

PlaidandStripes wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:41 pm
I feel like an asshole, but her makeup is portly applied here. That mascara looks gross - something about it growing from a void of black eyeliner is so uncanny. Then there’s the shadow of dipbrow framing her eyebrows. Eh, this ain’t it.

And it ain’t soft.
LOL @ your typo. “Portly applied.”

Post by Guest »

NotWithoutMyTRex wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:35 am
ParakeetFluff wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:29 am
Every single insta story she puts up of her “decorated apartment” makes me cringe. It’s all so unbelievably cluttered. And now of course she’s obsessively buying plants, too. How does she have any money at all??
All I see in her apartment is an abundance of items that will need dusting. No thanks, I don't have the time.
It honestly gives me massive anxiety lol

GoldenSnitch300
Talker
Talker

Post by GoldenSnitch300 »

This is so petty but Lacie was so annoying when she was opening her mail half-way through the podcast whilst the other two were trying to have a discussion; just leave it until later or turn the screen off if you're so desperate to open it. She was so disengaged after that and it was irritating having to hear her fuss over it for ages.

Kcat89
Informer
Informer

Post by Kcat89 »

I'm asking because I am truly curious.. how, just HOW, does this chick afford what she buys in terms of makeup, plants, spooky collectibles, decor, etc while admitting to currently not having a job, having student loans, and only working a basic receptionist(?) type job before that. She's got to be in debt up to her eyeballs, right?? Even with her bf, it just doesn't make sense. Are her parents wealthy and giving support??

And why does she wear the same hat in every. single. video.. Just look at the thumbnails. Has she ever talked about it being some sort of security for her?

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

^^^ I don't know, it baffles me. It also baffles me how noone in her life is trying to get her to stop.

The only thing I can think is maybe her bf earns an absolute fortune and indulges her clearly problematic habits. Or parents maybe. Maybe she is more like Smokey Leno than we realise, just Hannah admits her (leeched) wealth and Lacie doesn't.

I dunno though..... I like Lacie though and honestly feel sorry for her because something's going on.
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

FatMermaid
Learner
Learner

Post by FatMermaid »

She probably built up her collection of knick knacks over a long period of time. A lot of that stuff could easily be from Goodwill/thrift stores so she may not have dropped a ton of money on it or at least not recently.
However, she added 3 new Too Faced blushes to her collection. That's about $80! On blush! When she's unemployed! She said she has the whole set of blushes now. Why would a person who claims she doesn't have a shopping problem drop $80ish on blush when she already has more blush than needs? Get a job first then buy makeup!
Also, unless she's just buying basic grocery store floral section plants, that shit is adds up quickly. I'm really into plants and occasionally order uncommon species online, the shipping alone is usually around $10 for something small. There are no limited edition house plants, she could buy any species she wants later when she has a job, but for some reason she has to have them right now.

PlaidandStripes
Talker
Talker

Post by PlaidandStripes »

Kcat89 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:15 pm
I'm asking because I am truly curious.. how, just HOW, does this chick afford what she buys in terms of makeup, plants, spooky collectibles, decor, etc while admitting to currently not having a job, having student loans, and only working a basic receptionist(?) type job before that. She's got to be in debt up to her eyeballs, right?? Even with her bf, it just doesn't make sense. Are her parents wealthy and giving support??
All of this spending and she claims she can’t afford a better filming set up. If she didn’t buy 50% of her redundant impulsive purchases, she’d be able to afford a better camera herself. Instead she continues her merry go round of denial and accepts handouts from anyone who will indulge her. TheFancyFace gave her a camera. JenLuvsReviews gave her a Rode mic. Her boyfriend got her the ringlight and her best friend gave her umbrella lights. I don’t know how she can’t see it, but if she just didn’t buy everything that partially interests her she could invest that money into her channel.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

^^^ Has she got a Patreon/merch yet? 😠😠
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

Kcat89
Informer
Informer

Post by Kcat89 »

She bought 3 I Heart Revolution palettes, 4 of the Cover FX monochromatic blush duos, 3 Huda neon palettes, 3 Melt cosmetics highlighters, 3 Bite lip glosses, in addition to face powders, eyeliners, other highlighters, primers, sponges, sprays etc. that totals to at least $600 and yet she could never afford a new camera or lighting or dream of buying the $50 bronzer from Chanel since it's so 'bougie'. To hear her justify every single purchase, or act like using $40 of Ulta points made it worth it.. like that covers literally one blush. And she justified buying the melt highlighters because she 'needs a toned down highlighter for a normal-person job'. She's literally acting like in her huge collection she doesn't have a single highlight that could she use!? She used the same reasoning for the lip glosses. But no, she doesn't have a shopping problem or impulse control with shopping. I would kill to see a video on budgeting from her cuz I'd like to know how to pull money from thin air too!!

Pizzaforever101
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Pizzaforever101 »

That's something that caught me off guard as well. It makes no sense to say you couldn't afford a camera and better setup but continue to purchase makeup but won't get a better setup for your channel. I didn't mind her setup at all but to sit there and say that you can't afford it when in reality you can, you would have just rather spent it on makeup is telling honestly and she really can't get upset that people call her out for things like this. This is something that she should work on. I never understand why some YouTubers take these forums as hate when some people truly aren't hating they are explaining their frustrations. Lacie has quite a bit to unpack about herself and we all do so I'm not judging her at all I'm just frustrated that she kind of was being dishonest and is a little dishonest with her viewers. She could have gotten a better camera a long time ago she just wanted to buy makeup and she should admit that. The hauls she did could have been spent on a camera or she could have paid on a camera over time. I just didn't like that at all :(

Post by Guest »

This girl spends SO much fucking money on makeup but she can't buy another hat to switch it up damn

FatMermaid
Learner
Learner

Post by FatMermaid »

I would judge her less if she bought the one Chanel bronzer she mentioned in her Am I Bougie video instead of the hundreds she spent on this haul. WTF. 😲

PlaidandStripes
Talker
Talker

Post by PlaidandStripes »

You can afford a camera, Lacey. You can afford a mic. You can afford a better computer (and no you don’t have to buy a $2000 MacBook for it to be a good computer).

She just doesn’t have the desire to actually invest back into herself. All this talk of self care and yet all her self care habits involve spending money. She doesn’t have the self restraint to set aside the money to invest back into her channel. In a recent video she said she got a hefty Adsense check. What did she do? She treated herself by buying makeup. Not a new camera. Not a new editing software. Makeup. Rinse. Repeat.

This is going to sound harsh, but I don’t buy her excuses anymore. She says she puts so much into her channel and she lists all these reasons why her and Matt moved, how her new area (because she needs a separate filming area) will allow her to make better content, but where is it? How many videos of substance has she uploaded since she moved? You’d think that now since she has all the time during the day to film and the space that she said she needed to film...she would...actually film?

Pizzaforever101
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Pizzaforever101 »

Yeah I can't watch her anymore, it's just too much. I don't think I'm vibing with her anymore and it makes me sad. I just dislike the dishonesty when in reality you can afford all these things she just didn't want to invest in her channel she just wanted to buy makeup. She has spoken before about buying more makeup than she could ever use but she does it more. I'm glad her friends sent her stuff but she could have afforded it on her own she just acted like she couldn't because makeup was what she wanted to buy. She can't have any type of comeback either if someone calls her out because she knows that it's true and so do her viewers. She's becoming someone who I thought she wouldn't be and it's upsetting honestly. Also she's showcasing on Instagram about her being tempted to buy the new juvias place palette when she has those colors in many palettes and I'm not sure if she's spoken of a job yet so I get worried for her. That isn't smart or healthy at all to spend so much when you currently aren't working despite how much you have saved up

hcburbs
Debater
Debater

Post by hcburbs »

That whole thing rubbed me the wrong way. She said she considers the makeup purchases she made with her ad sense money "gifts." Not that I have a problem with them spending their earned money on makeup- but calling it gifts makes it weird. Like is that why you didn't spend it back into your channel? To the point that other people (and I truly think Tina's and Jen's decision on that one was strange) want to buy it for you?

getinitgucci
Informer
Informer

Post by getinitgucci »

hcburbs wrote:To the point that other people (and I truly think Tina's and Jen's decision on that one was strange) want to buy it for you?
They didn’t buy her anything. They gave her their hand-me-downs. Which they could have still sold and made some of their investment back. Like giving your spoiled little sister your stuff when your done because you know she was coddled and can’t budget to shit.

FatMermaid
Learner
Learner

Post by FatMermaid »

Yeah, getting used equipment from friends isn't a problem. I actually think it's a good thing. Why waste perfectly good equipment? The problem is she claims she could never buy that stuff on her own while spending hundreds at the Sephora sale. She easily could have picked up a used but better quality camera for what she spent on the sale. She just prioritizes new makeup over YouTube. Which is fine I guess, but don't lie to us or yourself about it Lacey.
Also, where is this money coming from? Has anyone solved that mystery. She can't possibly make enough from AdSense to support herself.

ParakeetFluff
Learner
Learner

Post by ParakeetFluff »

So Matt finally proposed to her... Is it just me or does the ring look super dirty and also way too small for her fingers 🤭
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “P-T”