Spooky Lips and Fat Hips

claradion
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: Spooky Lips and Fat Hips

Post by claradion »

I think she does a good job of balancing that, but I like her. Maybe thats why I see it like that. I like the way that she’s upfront with people about what she brings in.

Makeup Addiction has become the cool new phrase with that group of YouTubers, everyone has a video about it. I’m wondering if anyone isn’t addicted to makeup at this point.

There’s this newer platform that these kids grew up watching and all the people that they watched had these huge PR collections. They tried to recreate it and they couldn’t so now it’s an addiction.

No hate, it’s just what I am noticing.
I’m the worst of the worst

hcburbs
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0

Post by hcburbs »

following

Third_Kalpa
Talker
Talker

Post by Third_Kalpa »

claradion wrote:I think she does a good job of balancing that, but I like her. Maybe thats why I see it like that. I like the way that she’s upfront with people about what she brings in.

Makeup Addiction has become the cool new phrase with that group of YouTubers, everyone has a video about it. I’m wondering if anyone isn’t addicted to makeup at this point.

There’s this newer platform that these kids grew up watching and all the people that they watched had these huge PR collections. They tried to recreate it and they couldn’t so now it’s an addiction.

I agree.
i will be fair and say that I liked SLFH for her older video reviews, ie the Kylie brand review and the Too faced one. but these videos were made before the circle jerk.

this is rude of me, but whatever. This clique is not attractive, so the angle in which they got in was one that they had to exploit if they were ever to have a chance at it making as gurus.

It's easy to make money and get seen doing the beauty thing as opposed to actually taking the time to cultivate a channel geared toward niche interests...spooky has a patreon to get paid for the other stuff shes into but she cant make relatively quick, sizable $$ with that like she can on youtube. Even her buddy nisipisa has started a second channel for her warbling and admitted that she wants attention from an agency.

This is a career jump-starting attempt for the whole crew so they can stop lying about "i don't want to become that big of a youtuber".

my main issue is that they're getting preachy af, having made known their intentions they need to step off the "feminist"/anti-capitalist soapbox.

how are you going to be an influencer who doesn't review anything but every couple of months? and with these no-buys/low-buys and excess of anti-hauls...so now you aren't even investing in the craft?
for this, i appreciate that SLFH addressed this in the "problem with no buys" video.

im ranting, and i've unsubbed from the whole group at this point. but spooky has more self-awareness than some of her friends.

claradion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by claradion »

Third_Kalpa wrote:
claradion wrote:I think she does a good job of balancing that, but I like her. Maybe thats why I see it like that. I like the way that she’s upfront with people about what she brings in.

I agree.
i will be fair and say that I liked SLFH for her older video reviews, ie the Kylie brand review and the Too faced one. but these videos were made before the circle jerk.

this is rude of me, but whatever. This clique is not attractive, so the angle in which they got in was one that they had to exploit if they were ever to have a chance at it making as gurus.

It's easy to make money and get seen doing the beauty thing as opposed to actually taking the time to cultivate a channel geared toward niche interests...spooky has a patreon to get paid for the other stuff shes into but she cant make relatively quick, sizable $$ with that like she can on youtube. Even her buddy nisipisa has started a second channel for her warbling and admitted that she wants attention from an agency.

This is a career jump-starting attempt for the whole crew so they can stop lying about "i don't want to become that big of a youtuber".

my main issue is that they're getting preachy af, having made known their intentions they need to step off the "feminist"/anti-capitalist soapbox.

how are you going to be an influencer who doesn't review anything but every couple of months? and with these no-buys/low-buys and excess of anti-hauls...so now you aren't even investing in the craft?
for this, i appreciate that SLFH addressed this in the "problem with no buys" video.

im ranting, and i've unsubbed from the whole group at this point. but spooky has more self-awareness than some of her friends.
I can’t stand Nissi and I think it’s that attitude of “I’m too cool for this”/antihauls with actually being a beauty channel. She and Georgia Harris I unsubscribed to for that reason.
I’m the worst of the worst

Post by Guest »

She's an ugly hypoctirical slag.

It's apparent that she knew about Kat Von D's controversy prior to the anti-vaccination humdrum and I'm pretty sure she's only boycotting KVD because it's the "in" thing to do.

I never liked her because I knew she was full of shit. People who relate to her are probably just as huge and unattractive as her

#sorrynotsorry

cephues
Debater
Debater

Post by cephues »

Okay. Any one else bothered by the damn nose highlight? Idk why but it bugs the hell out of me.

ParakeetFluff
Learner
Learner

Post by ParakeetFluff »

AppleBlossom wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:24 pm
lalunamivida wrote:I stopped watching her after she kept getting upset about the negativity on other people's accounts. This has never happened on my account, but I saw it somewhere else...... I also found it weird that she was sort of trying to say that she was trying to be an example for people with makeup addiction issues, but (at least) when I was watching she was buying tons and tons of makeup every month. If that was recovery I'd hate to see what she was like when she was "addicted."
LOL IKR? Her summer haul video had a shitload of makeup.
She still buys so much stuff... it honestly bothers me more with her than with someone like Michele Wang, who I love and who buys and reviews luxury makeup, because Lacie buys all this weird ugly indie stuff or truckloads of cheap Colourpop stuff, and I *know* it’s not getting used and that there’s not enough time in the world for her to use all the crap she buys. Maybe it’s good though, because every indie palette she buys just seems to be the same cheap cardboard packaging and ugly jumbled “”color story””” (hate that term now) and it’s saving me from ever wanting to buy any of it.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

🙄🙄 *unsubscribes*

Honestly I love Lacie herself but am beyond bored of the constant hauls. STOP BUYING SHIT girl and start showing us how you use it!!!
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

ParakeetFluff
Learner
Learner

Post by ParakeetFluff »

WORDSALAD wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:51 am

🙄🙄 *unsubscribes*

Honestly I love Lacie herself but am beyond bored of the constant hauls. STOP BUYING SHIT girl and start showing us how you use it!!!
I guess I’m just wondering how they afford it... she talks in the video about how her bf bought her like four highlighters from Fenty and some stuff from Smashbox, AND took her on a trip to New York for her birthday. Not to mention they’re about to move to New York, which is *so* expensive. I don’t know what her bf does but she works at a spa, which to me sounds like a receptionist type position because I think she did retail before? And it’s not at all related to her degrees.

mik_mik
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mik_mik »

I normally love long rambling videos but i hate her's lmaoo idk if it's the way she talks or the sound of her voice - i know that's super petty because you can't change the sound of your voice - but there is just something so off about her ~youtube personality~ to me.....every month or so i click on one of her videos because i weirdly want to like her? I watch most of her youtube friends and like them/their vids so i guess i want to complete the clique lol, but i just really can't

mik_mik
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mik_mik »

Also it seems like she buys so much yet looks the same in every video i don't understand........again something that doesn't usually bother me about other people, maybe i just hate the way she does her makeup so that's why it stands out to me lmao

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

^^ That's so true, I never noticed before
In my future dystopia your history of stanning one of these creatures will be put on your permanent record, so potential employers can judge accordingly on basis of intelligence.

ParakeetFluff
Learner
Learner

Post by ParakeetFluff »

mik_mik wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:25 pm
Also it seems like she buys so much yet looks the same in every video i don't understand........again something that doesn't usually bother me about other people, maybe i just hate the way she does her makeup so that's why it stands out to me lmao
It looks like she painted another face on top of her face, but she only knows how to do it one way. Even though she has a hundred million products.

mik_mik
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mik_mik »

I swear everytime i see her it's the same eyeliner, same face base makeup (as someone who loves highlighter... I hate how she just covers the top half of her face in it SO MUCH), same eyebrows, the eyeshadow even always looks the same to me, even though I'm sure she uses different colours but she applies/does the same shape every single time so i don't notice a difference.
Look, i totally get having your way of liking you makeup and doing that, but in my opinion if you're going to sell yourself as this "makeup obsessed" (quoting her insta) beauty youtuber who comes on insta and youtube to talk about makeup everytime, i just feel like you should experiment.
She claims to have makeup in the walls and under the floorboards (i get that it's a joke but still) so why does she do the same thing everyday?? I know people sometimes make fun of Georgia's eye makeup for looking bad, which is valid, but hey at least she experiments!
I'm a uni student who has a job, doesn't wear makeup everyday and i don't have a beauty insta or make beauty videos and i swear i experiment with my looks more than Lacie does.
Okay rant over!!!!! Lmaoo I'm so petty idk why that was bothering me but now it's off my chest 😁

AppleBlossom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AppleBlossom »

^ You can be as petty as you wanna be in a GG trash thread. Don’t even worry about it. LOL

ParakeetFluff
Learner
Learner

Post by ParakeetFluff »

I sat through her whole haul video because I hate myself and I had laundry to fold 😂 But something that really got under my skin was how she got a crucifix made out of wood from some mission, I think? in Cali as a present and was talking about how she loves collecting old religious artifacts. It just seemed *so* disrespectful. Like, that’s not a decoration for your house, that’s a devotional object. Imagine someone saying “My friend went on Hajj and brought me back this adorable Qu’ran!!” and then just keeping it in your house to look at next to all your weird occult stuff. Just so freaking clueless.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

^^^ Yes yes yes. I love religious art. LOVE IT. And I think devotional artefacts are beautiful.

But I would NEVER 'collect' them and display them like pretty china. There are so beautiful because they were made lovingly by people of faith. They should be left where they are in places of faith, or at least be conserved properly in museums or left in the hands of their original owners as family heirlooms. And having something MADE bespoke specifically to display? Ew.

Kcat89
Informer
Informer

Post by Kcat89 »

Hello all! New here, after watching her birthday haul. She's come up a few times in my recommended, and I've heard her mentioned by other people I watch, so I decided to watch the haul. And oh my, that was a huge amount to buy (I added it up, and the makeup alone was 1k without taxes, but hey, I guess she got points??). And she mentioned she works at a spa, but is not an aesthetician, so that maybe makes her a min wage receptionist? Then she goes on to say, don't worry, she has savings and can afford all this. I always wonder if people who think like that having 'savings' of like 200 bucks, and they think they can 'afford it' if they're able to charge it to a card. I love makeup too, but I personally couldn't justify that for my birthday.

WORDSALAD
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by WORDSALAD »

^ Yes it's. .... Pretty obscene tbh. All the "don't judge me" disclaimers aside..... I am gonna judge you lol. And I am gonna unsubscribe. (I did).

ParakeetFluff
Learner
Learner

Post by ParakeetFluff »

Kcat89 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:00 pm
Hello all! New here, after watching her birthday haul. She's come up a few times in my recommended, and I've heard her mentioned by other people I watch, so I decided to watch the haul. And oh my, that was a huge amount to buy (I added it up, and the makeup alone was 1k without taxes, but hey, I guess she got points??). And she mentioned she works at a spa, but is not an aesthetician, so that maybe makes her a min wage receptionist? Then she goes on to say, don't worry, she has savings and can afford all this. I always wonder if people who think like that having 'savings' of like 200 bucks, and they think they can 'afford it' if they're able to charge it to a card. I love makeup too, but I personally couldn't justify that for my birthday.
It kind of bothers me more because the first videos of hers that I saw that really sucked me in were the ones where she taked about struggling with compulsive shopping, buying way more makeup than she could ever possibly use. So it’s kind of uncomfortable to watch her then post birthday videos two years in a row now where she gets $1000 worth of makeup. That’s a lot more than my entire collection is worth, and I have a lot of makeup. Her bf buys her stuff too so he’s just feeding into it. It’s just so much and so wasteful... and she doesn’t even want to do a collection video, you can tell it stresses her out to talk about it, because she has to know that she still has a serious problem and she’s just pretending it’s gone away. It’s hard to watch somebody in that position.

Return to “P-T”