It's Way Past My Ability to Handle Criticism (Part 6)

fighead
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: It's Way Past My Ability to Handle Criticism (Part 5)

Post by fighead »

tztlcrdg wrote:She spent so long denying this :|
Urgh this whole section rubs me the wrong way. She knows all this but she does nothing about any of it. Also the "I know I'm terrible at relationships", it's self-victimising language that makes me think she's not totally genuine. I don't think she means badly but I think she just doesn't think?

PlumeriaBahar
Talker
Talker

Post by PlumeriaBahar »

She's done the exact same thing as Marzia, Pewdiepie's fiance.
And her dear sycophants are just as well-behaved as Marzia's: sent into a blind rage, they're immediately jump to her defence.
That being said, I respect this blogpost, too. It's the first genuine and sincere thing from her I have seen from ages.
However, I also do agree with those who say that it won't change much. And somehow I can't push myself into believing that it is absolutely sincere... Because in her shoes I'd rather start doing things that prove people that don't care about YouTubers (in fact, I don't, I care about theatre and publishing market instead, yeah I know, that's mean) wrong and not just write an I-know-litany. We know that you know, you just didn't want to admit it.
Also the fact she wrote so much about her weight which was hardly discussed at all (and I too cringe whenever someone raises this subject) and didn't address much more serious issues whatsoever kinda gets me? If I wasn't an active member of this thread I'd assume we're talking mostly about her looks and her weight - but we don't.

Also, I'm all for angry sunshine in heels, because we're WAY PAST OUR 40 PAGES <3

Hydrangea
Informer
Informer

Post by Hydrangea »

LylaJovana wrote:
Lavender Earl Grey wrote:That was a gigantic step in the right direction. Saying "I know" instead of defending something you know deep down is true will do wonders for your own development.

The tweet above perfectly illustrates the problem with "black-or-white" thinking.
In a recent video, Pewdiepie explained that it's been helpful to stop dismissing all negative comments. Instead, filter them and sort them into categories- think critically. Some posts are hateful, or exaggerate what you're doing to support their point. Some people are trolling, some are having a bad day, some are complaining about petty things. However, some are fans expressing valid opinions, giving helpful hints on how you can keep improving, or there are people who would like to see things change, which are worth consideration for the sake of your own growth.

Keep it up Carrie, you did something great for yourself though it might feel negative.

You guys want to recognize her hard decision to make that post by naming the next thread something nice? Sunshine in heels? ;)
"Carrie Fletcher: Angry Sunshine In Heels" is still my contribution. :tu:
with a couple of passive aggressive kisses at the end

Blossom17
Learner
Learner

Post by Blossom17 »

Carrie, your blog today showed a side of you that is much more relatable and soft than your default defensive responses. Credit where credit is due. This shows a growing maturity. Long may it continue.

LylaJovana
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LylaJovana »

viewtopic.php?f=428&t=34044

I went ahead and made a new thread, hope no one minds. (think I did it right)
<3
Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they?

MrsBradfield
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by MrsBradfield »

Mega late to this party but I’ve loved/hated carrie for years. Right from her lovely videos when she lived at her parents, right through to now.

She has changed and not for the better.

Also, there was blatantly a cross over between her/Pete/Oli. As soon as I saw her behavious towards Oli, I knew Pete was gone. It’s sad like I almost feel like she has pressurised Oli into a relationship with her

Mleeps
Talker
Talker

Post by Mleeps »

MsMaybe wrote:Fair play to her for acknowledging how problematic she can be. Part of me 5inks it’s so the minions will tell her she’s amazing but if she’s actually acknowledging she can be a brat then fair enough.

I’d still be sceptical that she says her family struggled financially when her brother went to Slyvia Young and they always went to Disneyland but it’s nice she acknowledged people have given her an upper hand.

I wonder if she’ll ever acknowledge her books are self insert fanfic though :rofl:

I’ve not seen any posts on here calling her fat. Frumpy yes but that’s more her dress sense. I don’t think posting her means people aren’t kind. A lot of people are former viewers for example.

I don’t think us calling her out are seeing the real her or looking for the worst. I think it’s a mix of the two. Her fans won’t call her out on when she acts questionably because like all teenage fans they won’t like hearing a bad word said against someone they admire.

Tbh I disagree with the fat thing. I've seen people say things like 'have you noticed she's getting bigger and bigger' and 'fat tree trunk legs' and how unflattering her clothes are because she is fat and how ugly and fat she looked in Tom's show - I agree that lots of people called her out on her books and behaviour but so many people also commented on her weight. It's disgusting because that doesn't change who she is, but it was done. :|

LylaJovana
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LylaJovana »

Reminder that there's a new thread here
viewtopic.php?f=428&t=34044 :tu:
Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they?

Return to “Carrie Hope Fletcher”