Jeffree Thirsty (for the D) Star - Part 8

BKiddo
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jeffree Thirsty (for the D) Star - Part 8

Post by BKiddo »

VonTrappJediMaster wrote:Will J be affected financially by this AT ALL?
Only positively. He has managed to make everyone forget about his past racism and bullying, look like a victim in a situation where there's another side but now no one wants to hear it, gain every drama channel (Aka the news sources of the beauty community; the media) to his side, he now has the most subscribed-to and viewed beauty channel on youtube and his brand is growing exponentially, and all of his frienemies have self-destructed (KVD's anti vaxer scandal, Manny's scandals, Laura's racist and fat shaming tweets, Jackie Aina's Petty-Paige-Stole-From-Me gate, Nikita's pedophilia jokes, etc). 2018 must have been the best year of Jeffree's life.
I just really, really hate bullshit.

exposer
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by exposer »

The thing about Jeffree is the amount of attention and drama that surrounds him directly helps how much he earns. He owns at least half of Jeffree Star Cosmetics (its co-owned by his old music manager). More views/drama/attention means more interest in him, and consequently in his brand and products. Jeffree gets 100% of profits.

The other beauty gurus come out a LOT worse when a scandal goes down. Their income depends more on brand deals and collab products (commissions, lump sump deals etc). If you have a bad reputation a lot of big companies won’t touch you because it will piss off their other customers.

After Morphe received investor money, they are essentially at the hands of what their investors and business managers want. I believe they wouldn’t have dumped Laura if they weren’t under new ownership. Morphe's investors will be working hard to build a better reputation for an already controversial company.

Laura will see her income drop big time. She was so smug when showing off her wardrobe a few months ago. She might have to list half of it on eBay come September.

bloopz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by bloopz »

7abiib_azzubb wrote:
J* repeated the tweet:

[tweet][/tweet]

Jeffree has somehow out-extra'd himself. This photo is hilariously ridiculous.
:horny: :halo:

Angela Rose94
Talker
Talker

Post by Angela Rose94 »

Nun4GretchenWeiners wrote:https://youtu.be/HB8o_BtlHrM
This is my favorite video I've seen on all of this beauty guru drama. He said everything I've been thinking. These people arent sorry, they are just upset they got caught.
Everyone who thinks J* has changed for the better in any way, shape, or form needs to watch this.

Likehelloxo
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Likehelloxo »

Looks like a rapper is calling out mr star on ig lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PiinkFart
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Jeffree Thirsty (for the D) Star - Part 8

Post by PiinkFart »

Likehelloxo wrote:Looks like a rapper is calling out mr star on ig lol
I dont even understand what he’s trying to say? Is that his car in the bg or
———
Edit: EW NVM. I thought this was Jeffree’s car. How tacky is this?? Posing next to some random person’s car and acting like it’s yours.

Likehelloxo
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Likehelloxo »

Whats not to understand? ...Thats a rappers car, thats why hes saying you couldnt of atleast took my license plate off. Mr star posted this pic next to the car not taggin the rapper. So it seems mr star is pretending thats HIS own car by not stating anything in his caption.

PiinkFart wrote:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VonTrappJediMaster
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by VonTrappJediMaster »

Likehelloxo wrote:Whats not to understand? ...Thats a rappers car, thats why hes saying you couldnt of atleast took my license plate off. Mr star posted this pic next to the car not taggin the rapper. So it seems mr star is pretending thats HIS own car by not stating anything in his caption.

PiinkFart wrote:

His caption for the picture is "look at my knockoffs... I told em knock it off."

I'm guessing he's calling the rapper's car (the one in the picture) a knockoff of his pink Lamborghini

Post by Guest »

One time Bow Wow posted a picture of a jet claiming it was his, Camron is making a joke that the car is really his because he's also obsessed with the color pink. You have to be corny and old to get it :lol:

Likehelloxo
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Likehelloxo »

Whats funny about it all is Cam (the rapper) has been doing this “all pink thing” since the 90s. Lol so I think thats why he got a kick out of it. Mr star thinks he invents it alllll and that everyone want to be him like plzzz

OkyanusGozler wrote:One time Bow Wow posted a picture of a jet claiming it was his, Camron is making a joke that the car is really his because he's also obsessed with the color pink. You have to be corny and old to get it :lol:
VonTrappJediMaster wrote:
Likehelloxo wrote:Whats not to understand? ...Thats a rappers car, thats why hes saying you couldnt of atleast took my license plate off. Mr star posted this pic next to the car not taggin the rapper. So it seems mr star is pretending thats HIS own car by not stating anything in his caption.

PiinkFart wrote:

His caption for the picture is "look at my knockoffs... I told em knock it off."

I'm guessing he's calling the rapper's car (the one in the picture) a knockoff of his pink Lamborghini

deathmetalshark
Learner
Learner

Post by deathmetalshark »

Something that I'm not quite understanding with this whole drama is why Laura Lee is the only one getting dragged when each of them have made incredibly vile tweets, such as Nikita's child abuse comments, Jeffree's jokes and frequent drama/scandals, and Gabriel Zamora saying the N Word. Yet Laura is the only one actually losing money and brand deals.

Like I know JS "apologised" but when his old shit resurfaced last year or so he did not handle it well and he was relatively unscathed and kept his money. Like I understand that Laura's apology was shit and her tweets were vile, and I don't feel sorry for her at all, but I'm still confused why she's the only one who is getting her just desserts and the rest are just... i guess are okay? It kinda makes what they said, in comparison to Laura, okay when it's rly rly not.

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

deathmetalshark wrote:Something that I'm not quite understanding with this whole drama is why Laura Lee is the only one getting dragged when each of them have made incredibly vile tweets, such as Nikita's child abuse comments, Jeffree's jokes and frequent drama/scandals, and Gabriel Zamora saying the N Word. Yet Laura is the only one actually losing money and brand deals.

Like I know JS "apologised" but when his old shit resurfaced last year or so he did not handle it well and he was relatively unscathed and kept his money. Like I understand that Laura's apology was shit and her tweets were vile, and I don't feel sorry for her at all, but I'm still confused why she's the only one who is getting her just desserts and the rest are just... i guess are okay? It kinda makes what they said, in comparison to Laura, okay when it's rly rly not.
I'm also really confused. Like Laura Lee has lost some of her biggest deal, over 500k in subs (and counting!) yet Manny isn't losing deals and his sub count isn't as drastic, and no one cares about what Jeffree, Gabriel, or Nakita did. It makes no sense that Laura Lee is practically being stoned while everyone else is unscathed for the same thing.

Her apology was shit for sure, but surely that can't be it.

BKiddo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BKiddo »

Nun4GretchenWeiners wrote:https://youtu.be/HB8o_BtlHrM
This is my favorite video I've seen on all of this beauty guru drama. He said everything I've been thinking. These people arent sorry, they are just upset they got caught.
I just want to buy this girl dinner and give her an award. I freaking love that video.
Last edited by BKiddo on Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I just really, really hate bullshit.

Post by Guest »

I don't know what is so confusing about Laura feeling the most heat when her tweet speaks for itself.

effieeee
Debater
Debater

Post by effieeee »

Delet This wrote:
effieeee wrote:
PentUpPinUp wrote:I watched the video about his real birth mother and I felt sad about it.

Clearly there are some mental and possible other issues that have fractured that family tree.... and I’m glad they both seem to be at a crossroads of healing together if that’s what they both want from each other.

I felt sad too because i dont have a very good relationship with my mother so i could relate to him a bit. I literally said to myself "omg that will be me" when he said he hadnt spoken to her in 10 years.

I do not agree with a previous post about how could he let his mother get like that....Just because she is blood, does not mean he is obliged to help her if she was toxic towards him. My mother yells all the time and abuses every one in her path and i dealt with it for years then i finally started caring about myself more and walked away from her recently and havent spoken to her in months. It was nice to hear that he has rekindled the relationship but idk i feel like in a year we will get a 'My mum used me for money' video.
That's great and everything ... but we're are talking about Jeffrey not every single person who's ever had parents. If one person muses "hey maybe it's good he's forgiving her" it's not a blanket statement that the rest of western civilization should have forgiven their parents.

Second we have already seen myriad x Jeffree is toxic as fuck too and he himself admitted he was partially at fault for their communication breakdown and relationship failure, that he closed himself off and suppressed his feelings. At any rate when a poster says "hey, I think it's kinda neat and/or shitty Jeffree does ____thing." it's not automatically stating everyone who does ______ thing is neat or shitty. She was an addict, I think being full of hatred and racism and sexism is nothing to sneeze at either and he said he was aloof and deceptive for many years, so he wasn't exactly Mr Wonderful, I think they both had demons.

lol very confused with your response, i didnt say anything about everyones parents i only spoke about mine...unless you're referring to someone else?

but yeah he was obviously toxic too he even said he wouldnt talk to her while growing up and was very blunt when she asked him stuff. They obviously didnt get along with each other very well back then and it was probably better that they didnt communicate.

exposer
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by exposer »

I disagree. I think it does make sense why Laura’s receiving the brunt of it. Laura only really started a real sh*tstorm when she posted her apology. 90% of her subscribers wouldn’t have even known the tweet fiasco because most people don’t even follow beauty guru dramas.

Manny, Nikita and Gabriel haven’t posted crazy videos of them crying so people ain’t gonna google to find out the tweets behind it. Also Laura’s apology will be offensive to anyone who Googles what she’s talking about - and see she lied about it being a ‘retweet’. That’s unsubscribe material. It's an exponential reaction once you most a really bad PR cover up. Everyone is going to jump on her and they will be distracted away from anyone else's drama (i.e. Gabriel making perfect use of the timing and now he has gained 100k subs)

Before Laura had posted the video, she still had over 5m and only lost like 20k people total. It was after the video that she's lost nearly 500k. Nikita hasn’t made a YT video, or lied about it being a 'retweet', and so people who don’t follow the dramas have no reason to care.

OxfoliateMyPinkPeppa
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by OxfoliateMyPinkPeppa »

Laura is receiving the most heat because her tweets were the worst imo PLUS her apology was terrible and back in 2012 she was in her early 20's so can't use the excuse of 'Oh guise I was so young!'. Nikita's tweets, are just that, dark humour. There are comedians here in the UK that thrive off making such off colour jokes such as Frankie Boyle. She also has the excuse of saying she was 15 at the time she tweeted them out, whilst you could argue that at 15 you should know better eh, I have seen WAY worse tweets done under the guise of humour so I understand why people aren't bothered, I am not for one so that might say a lot about me and my warped mind!

Gabriel didn't have that many subs in the first place to lose, he did come out with his notepad apology fairly quickly and his tweet, whilst stupid and ignorant to use the n word, still wasn't as bad as Laura's tweets imo. Then when he did apologise on camera he was sincere, did not edit the video and basically came out with the best apology of all.

Manny initially did not lose as much because the things he got 'outed' for were a little petty to be honest. It sucks that he upset a girl but her initial acceptance of his apology, then non acceptance before going back to accepting the apology again got her a tonne of heat and such a vulnerable girl should not have been placed in the middle of a beauty guru war imo. The snap he did about his uber driver not speaking English was a little ignorant but again, not too bad in comparison to Laura. What HAS finally kick started a wave of unsubs is the confirmation that he is a snake who uses and then abandons people, hence losing in bigger numbers than Laura for the first time.

Gabriel's apology has changed things imo. Really only himself and Nikita come out of it looking okay, you may not like either of them but it seems Nikita was the only one to stand by Gabriel and not throw him under the bus so she has gained subs because of that. Laura and in particular Manny were very happy to use him as the sacrificial lamb despite their 'friendships' and people tend not to like that type of person.

Personally, everyone in this mess looks ridiculously stupid. We are living at a time when there are wars and political unrest going on practically everywere, we see death and children suffering on the news yet these people are all concerned about some petty as fuck drama. Jeffree comes out of this looking great to a lot of people but he is a grown man who should rise above all this BS and yet he is acting like he is still in high school. He is LOVING this and all I can think if fucking grow up!

kaitrash
Learner
Learner

Post by kaitrash »

I agree that Laura's tweets were far more disgusting. Her tweet literally made fun of black people getting shot by the cops not too long after Trayvon Martin's death. She should have been the one making a long apology video and begging for forgiveness. Obviously everyone else is just as guilty, Jeffree and Gabby used a slur and Nikita made fun of child abuse, but like it's already been stated, Nikita was using dark humor and Gabby explained why he thought it was okay and had evidence that he had tried to remove it from the internet because he was embarrassed. Jeffree... eh. he claimed he was using the word because it was the worst thing he could think of. I think that's a lame excuse, but others may not. so while everyone messed up, they all acknowledged they were wrong or in Nikita's case, it's not "as serious" since dark humor is a lot more accepted than racism obviously. I wouldn't be surprised if she tweeted it out because some kid was screaming at a table and was she decided to be an edgy fifteen year old.

Laura deleted her Twitter, pretended everything was okay, and then made an utterly insulting apology video. when I first saw the video I thought she was making fun of everyone asking her to apologize until I realized that she was just fake crying lol. people are gonna be angrier about that.

PiinkFart
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by PiinkFart »

PiinkFart wrote:

I edited my post saying I understood like.. 2 mins after I posted it so you got it quick. lmao

greenfaerie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by greenfaerie »

Need a new thread soon, name ideas?

Jeffree Ring MaStar
Jeffree Started from the bottom (maybe too rave-y?)
Jeffree Started the fire

Return to “Jeffree Star”