'i...I have nodes' :D

mcamn09
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Niki "nOt LiKe OtHeR g!rLz" DeMartino

Post by mcamn09 »

Niki looks beautiful in the music video.

simplymortal
Lurker
Lurker

Post by simplymortal »

As someone who is a vocalist and has been singing and taking voice classes, it is so obvious that Niki and Gabi did not know what they were doing at least up until recently. In the past I was always bothered by the placement of their voices when they were singing and it was obvious they were straining themselves thus hurting their voices. I’m guessing they either didn’t have good choir/voice teachers growing up or they just didn’t listen to their teachers’ advice. I get defensive/upset when people think singing is easy. It really isn’t and takes a lot of work just like with any other instrument.

GivemeCoco
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by GivemeCoco »

simplymortal wrote:As someone who is a vocalist and has been singing and taking voice classes, it is so obvious that Niki and Gabi did not know what they were doing at least up until recently. In the past I was always bothered by the placement of their voices when they were singing and it was obvious they were straining themselves thus hurting their voices. I’m guessing they either didn’t have good choir/voice teachers growing up or they just didn’t listen to their teachers’ advice. I get defensive/upset when people think singing is easy. It really isn’t and takes a lot of work just like with any other instrument.
as someone who has never taken a vocal class in their life, it was even obvious to me that they were never singing in a healthy way. I could see in how tense they were when the sung. They have claimed to have taken singing lessons in the past but... idk
i like using pictures
imgur.com/a/fbgeJpV

ilfiore
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ilfiore »

why are these girls so obsessed with saying they're [insert celeb]'s look alike? do they realize people can be pretty on their own and without looking like someone else smh.

also their sister literally doesn't look anything like camila cabello??? are they blind. the only thing kind of similar is the hair which im sure was on purpose.

donutlover
Talker
Talker

Post by donutlover »

ilfiore wrote:Image

why are these girls so obsessed with saying they're [insert celeb]'s look alike? do they realize people can be pretty on their own and without looking like someone else smh.

also their sister literally doesn't look anything like camila cabello??? are they blind. the only thing kind of similar is the hair which im sure was on purpose.

Nah but they're both Cuban (at least one in half) so necessarily they look the same!!
I don't understand their obsession either, it gets more and more embarrassing the older they get. I'd see this behaviour from 10 yo, not girls in their mid-20s.

ilfiore
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ilfiore »

mpjt123 wrote:Just watched Niki’s new Vlog about the tour. I have to say Gabi is just such a bitch to Niki. Like how can you say you want to make it in the music industry and be taken seriously but you put a trip before your career. At the end of the day if you know your twin is having voice issues and cramming the rehearsal will make it worse why wouldn’t you not go? It’s so illogical and selfish. Also but who tf cares about 3 years. Colin does whatever she says anyways I doubt he would care. I used to think Nate wasn’t into Niki but now I think from both sisters her relationship is better because at least Nate doesn’t mindless follow what Niki says. I feel like their relationship is more genuine because he would have no issue telling her when she’s wrong as opposed to Colin’s Bitch ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
esp when its not necessarily like she has a set schedule other than tour rehearsals...why not just postpone the trip for after they are done with tour? (miss the joint thread :( lol)

Marinka
Debater
Debater

Post by Marinka »

I am not a fan of Gabi, but Niki had this issues before as she said. If this is constant, she should have the surgery that they suggested - she will need it sooner or later. I do not think its fair to put everything on Gabi here (even if she is a total B... to her sometimes). Also her coach said that this could be good, since she can take a total of 4 days of voice rest.

Its pretty clear that their biggest issue is that both twins are jealous/envious on each other (the tone that Niki gave to Gabi when saying this) instead of working as a team. Also I think its a bit weird to include this into your vlogs - she knew she will stir the drama, instead of them dealing and working on with this problem and their relationship private.

Edit: Also adding, they had a problem with a stalker or something (the old man and the convention? If I am remembering wrong, please, feel free to correct me) and Niki decides to have a prank on her with flowers and secret admirer? Thats pretty low of her.
:love2: English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.

H8Tanutz
Learner
Learner

Post by H8Tanutz »

Marinka wrote:I am not a fan of Gabi, but Niki had this issues before as she said. If this is constant, she should have the surgery that they suggested - she will need it sooner or later. I do not think its fair to put everything on Gabi here (even if she is a total B... to her sometimes). Also her coach said that this could be good, since she can take a total of 4 days of voice rest.

Its pretty clear that their biggest issue is that both twins are jealous/envious on each other (the tone that Niki gave to Gabi when saying this) instead of working as a team. Also I think its a bit weird to include this into your vlogs - she knew she will stir the drama, instead of them dealing and working on with this problem and their relationship private.

Edit: Also adding, they had a problem with a stalker or something (the old man and the convention? If I am remembering wrong, please, feel free to correct me) and Niki decides to have a prank on her with flowers and secret admirer? Thats pretty low of her.

I 100% agree, I thought Niki was being such a little bitch...Like take some fucking responsibility, its your show too not just Gabi's. Niki expects to piggyback off of Gabi with this singing thing but newsflash Niki: you have 10% the vocal range and aptitude of Gabi with or without your vocal issues, Gabi is practicing as much as she can around her preplanned vacation while Niki stomps her feet around like a fucking troll, Niki why don't you practice by yourself while Gabi is gone since you're SSOOOooooOO ConCERNed??

H8Tanutz
Learner
Learner

Post by H8Tanutz »

H8Tanutz wrote:
Marinka wrote:I am not a fan of Gabi, but Niki had this issues before as she said. If this is constant, she should have the surgery that they suggested - she will need it sooner or later. I do not think its fair to put everything on Gabi here (even if she is a total B... to her sometimes). Also her coach said that this could be good, since she can take a total of 4 days of voice rest.

I 100% agree, I thought Niki was being such a little bitch...Like take some fucking responsibility, its your show too not just Gabi's. Niki expects to piggyback off of Gabi with this singing thing but newsflash Niki: you have 10% the vocal range and aptitude of Gabi with or without your vocal issues, Gabi is practicing as much as she can around her preplanned vacation while Niki stomps her feet around like a fucking troll, Niki why don't you practice by yourself while Gabi is gone since you're SSOOOooooOO ConCERNed??

Niki 100% did that "prank" to fuck with Gabi, yeah she will laugh for the camera but we all know how much she prob felt like she was one-upping Gab by scaring her like that

I think Gabi is just living her life & Niki is a jealous obsessive freak! Nikis entire personality revolves around being "opposite of Gabi", without Gab she is nothing, she already knows she is the lesser liked twin so you would think she would try to be more like Gabi???...Its like she wants to be liked for being different, but she is not a likable person lol?

Post by Guest »

Gabi? The more likeable twin? How is that? I don't understand because she is a very mean spirited person. Niki an obsessed freak? Lol..... yet Gabi is trying so hard to BE Ariana Grande.

meepersmoopers
Talker
Talker

Post by meepersmoopers »

Honestly, I've always been more Team Niki than Gabi (I think they're both annoying but Gabi is usually the bigger bitch lol) But with the recent vlogs about their tour... it literally makes Niki seem like a little brat. Recently, I've kinda been surprised by Gabi's... niceness? Idk if thats the word, but they did a video for the N+G channel and Gabi stated that Niki's solo song was her favorite song and she seemed to be supporting Niki's solo. From what I know, Gabi's Flowers is more popular on Soptify. Anyways, Niki's recent vlog really shows how insecure she is. I understand that maybe these BTS vlogs are more of a produced 'reality TV series' but still Niki... really? Yes she may have 'pre nodes' that eventually may mess up her voice forever but still, I feel like she is using it as an excuse. she keeps talking about how she can hit all these notes Gabi can but she can't because she has pre nodes.

There was these point where when they went to NY, Gabi was crying saying that Niki tries to take any opportunity to make her look bad and turn their friends against Gabi. At first, I was rolling my eyes cause I thought Gabi was being a lil drama queen.... but I kinda see it now. Niki literally tried to make Gabi cancel her preplanned anniversary vacation to practice more... to what? Strain her voice for more days rather then rest her voice while Gabi is gone? Then she tries to blame Gabi for going on a 4 day trip and writes out her 'predicament' to everyone in the rehearsal. The whole time, I feel like Niki thought everyone was going to be on her side, but honestly, this time i was like 'gurl... really? Stop being so petty.'
-- Yes Gabi was being a bitch when she was like "wow im carrying this rehearsal by myself" when she knew NIki was on voice rest... but I'm sure that was edited in NIki's favor to showcase how bitchy Gabi can be.

Like someone mentioned before, Gabi - although a crazy Ari obsessed fangirl with a shitty attitude- seems much more carefree than NIki. U can tell Gabi loves life and their fans/ friends seem to gravitate towards Gabi more. Gabi is much more ~real~ in the sense that she knows who she is and doesn't need to prove herself to anyone while Niki is in the background always trying to catch up.

Lorelei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lorelei »

Whatever happened to Niki's dog??
Kalel's Spread
SO KAWAII!!!!

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

I do think Gabi can be a huge bitch, but I think it's mutual and not one sided. Niki is just more passive aggressive. And I agree with those saying Niki was being bratty in that vlog. Like, blaming Gabi for her voice issues was ridiculous. The vacation gave Niki time to rest her voice, which is a good thing, so cancelling would've made no sense. Then when the vocal coach said it would be a good for her, she tries to essentially claim that she wouldn't have had these issues if Gabi had never planned the trip, so they could stretch out their rehearsals? That is so suspect. She said herself that she's had these problems since high school. A 4 day trip could hardly have that much of an impact.

H8Tanutz
Learner
Learner

Post by H8Tanutz »

meepersmoopers wrote:Honestly, I've always been more Team Niki than Gabi (I think they're both annoying but Gabi is usually the bigger bitch lol) But with the recent vlogs about their tour... it literally makes Niki seem like a little brat. Recently, I've kinda been surprised by Gabi's... niceness? Idk if thats the word, but they did a video for the N+G channel and Gabi stated that Niki's solo song was her favorite song and she seemed to be supporting Niki's solo. From what I know, Gabi's Flowers is more popular on Soptify. Anyways, Niki's recent vlog really shows how insecure she is. I understand that maybe these BTS vlogs are more of a produced 'reality TV series' but still Niki... really? Yes she may have 'pre nodes' that eventually may mess up her voice forever but still, I feel like she is using it as an excuse. she keeps talking about how she can hit all these notes Gabi can but she can't because she has pre nodes.

There was these point where when they went to NY, Gabi was crying saying that Niki tries to take any opportunity to make her look bad and turn their friends against Gabi. At first, I was rolling my eyes cause I thought Gabi was being a lil drama queen.... but I kinda see it now. Niki literally tried to make Gabi cancel her preplanned anniversary vacation to practice more... to what? Strain her voice for more days rather then rest her voice while Gabi is gone? Then she tries to blame Gabi for going on a 4 day trip and writes out her 'predicament' to everyone in the rehearsal. The whole time, I feel like Niki thought everyone was going to be on her side, but honestly, this time i was like 'gurl... really? Stop being so petty.'
-- Yes Gabi was being a bitch when she was like "wow im carrying this rehearsal by myself" when she knew NIki was on voice rest... but I'm sure that was edited in NIki's favor to showcase how bitchy Gabi can be.

Like someone mentioned before, Gabi - although a crazy Ari obsessed fangirl with a shitty attitude- seems much more carefree than NIki. U can tell Gabi loves life and their fans/ friends seem to gravitate towards Gabi more. Gabi is much more ~real~ in the sense that she knows who she is and doesn't need to prove herself to anyone while Niki is in the background always trying to catch up.
I totally agree! Idk i have always liked Gab, to me she is funny & carefree (you nailed it) & she's spunky, yes ridiculous to watch but entertaining nevertheless

Niki just has always seemed so jealous of Gabi & obsessed with her, the way she acts has always made me think she annoys and smothers Gabi & Gabi is just trying to get away from her most of the time....idk I am not a Niki fan at all and the constant excuses & putting Gabi down just solidify that for me

laurenxxoo22
Debater
Debater

Post by laurenxxoo22 »

Does anyone else think Niki’s voice sounds different every song she does? Like each one is auto tuned to a different sound

pinkcoconuts
Talker
Talker

Post by pinkcoconuts »

UseMyCode wrote:not trying to diagnose but Jessie is borderline scary thin and I expected hers to be an eating disorder video too

I know this is old, but it just really bugs me. She is very skinny, but from what I've seen it's just how she is genetically, I've seen girls like her and even skinnier without eating disorders etc. Some are just naturally skinner or bigger.

Strawberryjelly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Strawberryjelly »

pinkcoconuts wrote:
UseMyCode wrote:not trying to diagnose but Jessie is borderline scary thin and I expected hers to be an eating disorder video too

I know this is old, but it just really bugs me. She is very skinny, but from what I've seen it's just how she is genetically, I've seen girls like her and even skinnier without eating disorders etc. Some are just naturally skinner or bigger.
Jessie was never THAT skinny though. She looked a lot healthier years ago compared to now. It’s concerning.

UseMyCode
Informer
Informer

Post by UseMyCode »

Strawberryjelly wrote:
pinkcoconuts wrote:

Jessie was never THAT skinny though. She looked a lot healthier years ago compared to now. It’s concerning.

yes she has always been thin and looks like a naturally thin person right now and isn't emaciated but she wasn't ever this thin. typically girls don't change body composition to be even thinner in their early 20s because of the metabolic slowdowns that happen as you age. also being in the entertainment industry and having other issues puts her at a higher risk... coming from a place of concern. hope she's ok and doesn't spiral out of control like meredith foster. when she started losing weight nobody said anything either but now she's clearly so sick. something to be aware of, obviously just speculating. a lot worse stuff has been said on here LOL you can disagree it's fine

musika1218
Informer
Informer

Post by musika1218 »

Strawberryjelly wrote:
pinkcoconuts wrote:

Eh. Losing weight does not equal eating disorder. I'm naturally very thin, but also lose weight quickly if im super stressed. I'm older than Jessie so technically, my metabolism should be slowing down as well, but that's not the case at all. I still lose weight quickly.

I wish people would stop jumping on the eating disorder bandwagon just because someone doesn't look as healthy as they can be. I can't even tell you the amount of times someone told me I needed to eat, even though I actually eat a lot. Lol

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Return to “Niki and Gabi”