Shay "forget the mess, we’re still blessed" Carl

Bluewelly
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shay "forget the mess, we’re still blessed" Carl

Post by Bluewelly »

Rhea85 wrote:Shay doesn’t understand how to parent properly. Gavin was diagnosed with an ear infection/inflammation and the nurses told him to only swim with his head above the water. Today’s vlog shows Gavin diving.
He really doesn't - on the same vlog Emmi is holding a large knife and Shay goes don't run with the cake, nothing about the really sharp object and she did look like she was away to join in on the chasing.
It's these small incidents that make you realise everything in those kids lives are done for the vlogs, as long as he looks like a cool dad who is lots of fun, who cares if the kids are put at risk!

Bluewelly
Learner
Learner

Post by Bluewelly »

Rhea85 wrote:Shay doesn’t understand how to parent properly. Gavin was diagnosed with an ear infection/inflammation and the nurses told him to only swim with his head above the water. Today’s vlog shows Gavin diving.
He really doesn't - on the same vlog Emmi is holding a large knife and Shay goes don't run with the cake, nothing about the really sharp object and she did look like she was away to join in on the chasing.
It's these small incidents that make you realise everything in those kids lives are done for the vlogs, as long as he looks like a cool dad who is lots of fun, who cares if the kids are put at risk!

PeonySugar
Learner
Learner

Post by PeonySugar »

So the guy who came out with Beth just said in the latest vlog he wants to thank the shaytards for bringing him and Beth out to stay with them. Which means he paid for them. And they are both dancers. And they made an entire video out of the shiggy challenge. So to me it looks like he paid for them to both come out, help them with the shiggy challenge video to look legit and boost their views and create a viral video to get them popular again. All on a family holiday. Wow.

timesnewroman
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by timesnewroman »

Bethany isn't a dancer lol she's old school beauty guru. But I noticed that too i had assumed dtrix flew out to dance with them since he does dances and dance challenges on his channel I was surprised it was actually shay who invited them AND flew them out. I agree with you it was def for the views, even though I wouldn't say that would boost their channel that much since a lot of commenters didn't even really acknowledge them

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

PeonySugar wrote:So the guy who came out with Beth just said in the latest vlog he wants to thank the shaytards for bringing him and Beth out to stay with them. Which means he paid for them. And they are both dancers. And they made an entire video out of the shiggy challenge. So to me it looks like he paid for them to both come out, help them with the shiggy challenge video to look legit and boost their views and create a viral video to get them popular again. All on a family holiday. Wow.
And it's supposedly a family vacation to "reconnect and heal". If that was true, he wouldn't be vlogging it, and uploading videos of his small sons skinny-dipping.
It's all about the views and the money with him. And by views, I mean attention and adulation. Honestly, I think it's more about that than the money. If my family had been through what his has, I would make the vacation private. Someone upthread had said we shouldn't be picking on him when they're on a family vacation to heal. So if it's _really_ to heal, why is he spending time putting together a vlog? Filming is ok if it's _really_ for the memories, and I know he doesn't edit anymore, but it just seems disingenuous to make vlogs out of a "family retreat" and invite people you hardly know to come join you and collab, and do ridiculous challenges.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by ewokfan11 »

Interesting he invited and paid for two random people (I honestly didn't recognize them), but no family members?

I get the feeling the Butlers are really not getting along at all these days.

Someone mentioned that Carlie is probably jealous of Shay's $$$$. I'm sure that's true. Shay's Maker $$$ set him up for life, but Carlie, Casey and Kayli are still relying on YT and brand deals. I'm sure that's been an issue—especially if Shay's not helping his siblings out as much as he used to.

CrumbledOreos
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CrumbledOreos »

I was surprised no one recognized Beth (was the biggest youtuber in 2013/14 until Superwoman passed her) and Dtrix. It could have been a smart move since non of their subs seem to overlap so it'd bring in new viewers from both sides. However neither side did a great job of promoting themselves.

Rhea85
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Rhea85 »

He needs to give up on going viral or being the biggest YouTube star. He’s getting old, his older kids have developed attitudes and are boring. The younger ones are annoying. The Hawaii vlogs were fun but after that their views will go down.

The only thing popular on YouTube these days is gaming, drama channels, celebrity vloggers, single attractive, rich couples and comedy channels. Everything else has dried up and become stale.

I also can’t image avia becoming a YouTube star. She doesn’t have great talent, she’s not that cute and her personality has become so off putting. Shay will have to invest millions of dollars in order for her to reach 1m followers.

lip
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lip »

I somewhat liked the Hawaii vlogs. Great scenery and that awesome house, sure Shay and the smaller boys are freaks and the doormat eh I mean Colette can be a bit much with the I-serve-Shay harmony, but I like the girls: Avia is a typical teen by now, with all the good and bad stuff that comes with it, but still, she's fine. Emmi is simply as cute as a button. The oldest boy seems to enjoy life as it comes, fine by me.

Btw, I'm so gonna use that eyeroll counter for the time when my own daughters are hitting puberty in 2-3 years. :rofl:

Had no idea who the other two Youtubers were, had to actually look them up: The guy seems to be one of those "funny" types, amusing for an hour or two, obnoxius for longer. The girl seems to be one of those utterly generic pseudo-beauty Youtubers when one can only wonder from where the hell the millions of subscribers came from. = No interest in these two.

Can't stand the fact that Shay flew the camera drone from the hotel room straight over other peoples heads. What a nuisance to the other hotel guests, in terms of noise and privacy. Asshole.

milestone
Debater
Debater

Post by milestone »

It is pretty pathetic if he is still trying to go viral and become a big star. Does he really need validation that bad? He will never grow up and after that scandal he should have left for good. I can't believe that dingbat wife of his agreed to vlog again. Inviting two randoms on their vacation was weird and uncomfortable to watch. That guy was even more annoying than Shay with his fake nice guy act.

The Hawaii vlogs weren't that great. How much footage do we need of them swimming? Zzz.

Dixen
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Dixen »

milestone wrote:It is pretty pathetic if he is still trying to go viral and become a big star. Does he really need validation that bad? He will never grow up and after that scandal he should have left for good. I can't believe that dingbat wife of his agreed to vlog again. Inviting two randoms on their vacation was weird and uncomfortable to watch. That guy was even more annoying than Shay with his fake nice guy act.

The Hawaii vlogs weren't that great. How much footage do we need of them swimming? Zzz.
I thought the Hawaii vlogs were great, nice editing and music used with the clips, and the kids really seemed to like that other couple, so I dont think they were random people. Maybe random for us but not for them, I also had to look them up cause I didnt know who they were. The woman (I forgot her name) has over 10 mill subs on her channel, so a very popular youtuber it seems.

ajlinda
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by ajlinda »

Bluewelly wrote:
When emmi was a toddler in California, she picked up a huge knife. Shay just kept filming. Colette said I know we said anything for a video but no. She had to go into the kitchen to take it away.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by ewokfan11 »

I wonder what's up with Shay and Charles. It's odd they haven't seen each other since his wedding WAY more than a year ago. They used to be close friends, but I guess not anymore? Charles literally drove right by his house last summer and didn't stop by and then Warped Tour was just in SLC and Shay didn't bother to show up (this was before Hawaii).

I wonder if they are no longer friends.

bharshe00
Informer
Informer

Post by bharshe00 »

ewokfan11 wrote:I wonder if they are no longer friends.
Who is Charles' friend? His wife, his dogs, and his bandmates? (Although his bandmates seem to just tolerate the vlogs nowadays, so who knows how they are behind-the-scenes.) Charles used to be friends with Shay, Dave Days, Corey Mr. Safety, all of the other "2009 YouTubers". Then he was friends with Jesse from PvP. He just isolates himself too much -- it doesn't help that he never moved to California like the others.

JohnnyLawrence
Informer
Informer

Post by JohnnyLawrence »

I bet if CTFxC was getting tons of views or if We The Kings were selling out stadiums, Shay would be finding ways to involve himself with Charles. Low views and less popularity means Shay doesn't give 2 shits about him.. although he shouted him out on Twitter the other day.

tkadvil
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tkadvil »

milestone wrote:It is pretty pathetic if he is still trying to go viral and become a big star. Does he really need validation that bad? He will never grow up and after that scandal he should have left for good. I can't believe that dingbat wife of his agreed to vlog again.
I'd agree with this if he wasn't getting pretty decent views.

ohdangitsjenni
Learner
Learner

Post by ohdangitsjenni »

Dixen wrote:
milestone wrote:It is pretty pathetic if he is still trying to go viral and become a big star. Does he really need validation that bad? He will never grow up and after that scandal he should have left for good. I can't believe that dingbat wife of his agreed to vlog again. Inviting two randoms on their vacation was weird and uncomfortable to watch. That guy was even more annoying than Shay with his fake nice guy act.

I thought the Hawaii vlogs were great, nice editing and music used with the clips, and the kids really seemed to like that other couple, so I dont think they were random people. Maybe random for us but not for them, I also had to look them up cause I didnt know who they were. The woman (I forgot her name) has over 10 mill subs on her channel, so a very popular youtuber it seems.
Bethany was actually on Season 19 of Dancing With The Stars, she came in 4th place. Shay and Colette went to see her dance I believe. So the kids probably love her because she was on TV.

skittles
Informer
Informer

Post by skittles »

sometimes i wonder if shay's cheating made him view charles differently... *in SHAY's mind* shay might feel like he did the right thing by "sticking by" colette and fighting for her. (though in my mind- i would argue he's still treating everyone around him like shit)

so maybe shay now judges charles a bit for doing a similar-ish thing but then choosing the new girl as opposed to his then-wife. idk...

i also think shay goes where the money is, which certainly isn't charles' direction. i think a lot of those friendships were mostly fake, like jesse/charles/shay. they were never really "best friends" they were just guys in their late 20s/early 30s who felt like the kings of youtube at a time where the platform was different and they were well-known for good reasons.

_nt13_
Talker
Talker

Post by _nt13_ »

Both Gavin and Avia's instagram bio's are the most cringe thing i have seen. I know they are teenagers but... like... is this how teenagers social media now? if so... weird

Rhea85
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Rhea85 »

_nt13_ wrote:Both Gavin and Avia's instagram bio's are the most cringe thing i have seen. I know they are teenagers but... like... is this how teenagers social media now? if so... weird
Looks like he broke up with his cheerleader girlfriend.

Return to “The Butlers / The Shaytards”