Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: It’s Way Past My Paycheck To Greet My Fans

Post by swatgirl777 »

m11 wrote:
Einhorn_two wrote:just leaving that here:

Why the hell is she shouting so much ? :roll:

Also dear Paul, the theatre is full of young people because of Carrie - not especially because of the show Heathers. Just admit that you used her and don't act so surprised that the run is sold out :roll:
For some reason the fact that the video starts with Tom is just killing me :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Never out from under that shadow...
The video starts with Tom (who is famous) and I thought it was weird that they showed Carrie talking multiple times throughout he video?? (Because let’s be honest the show is about Carrie not Heathers....) what are they playing at! Sheesh.

Einhorn_two
Debater
Debater

Post by Einhorn_two »

I find it hilarious that Carrie says the show is about Veronica Sawyer, who is played by me. :rofl:
Yes, Carrie, everybody knows that you're Veronica and everybody know it is about you :rofl:

Einhorn_two
Debater
Debater

Post by Einhorn_two »

m11 wrote:
Einhorn_two wrote:just leaving that here:

Why the hell is she shouting so much ? :roll:

Also dear Paul, the theatre is full of young people because of Carrie - not especially because of the show Heathers. Just admit that you used her and don't act so surprised that the run is sold out :roll:
For some reason the fact that the video starts with Tom is just killing me :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Never out from under that shadow...
But she all did it by herself :rofl:

PlumeriaBahar
Talker
Talker

Post by PlumeriaBahar »

Hahahaha, someone commented the video saying why didn't they show more of the cast and showed Carrie all the time instead.
Now wait for the "hopefuls" to attack :p

BTW, no one does it. No one professional, that is. I don't remember Lin being showed all the time on the Hamilton opening night's video or Jessie Mueller on Waitress opening night video, or Ethan Slater on SpongeBob opening night video. It is so freaking obvious they aim at her fans to come and see her instead of seeing the show.

purplepumpkins
Learner
Learner

Post by purplepumpkins »

nerdychild wrote:I know we stick to the "it's way past my.." formula for these thread names but can the next one be called Carrie Hope Fisher???
Carrie Hopelessly compliment Fisher
Not a native English speaker, sorry for any mistakes! <3

ixodes
Learner
Learner

Post by ixodes »

Please, please name the next one "Carrie Hope Fisher". It's hilarious.

lavenderlemons

Post by lavenderlemons »

I know we've kind of moved away from the topic but I just got caught up and I am just so angry. I am seething and just have to share my thoughts.

I believe Carrie was abused and I believe she was abused by Pete (seeing the comments she likes on her video). My parents were abusive and it has taken me years, YEARS to try and heal. I'm still trying. Abuse is serious! I had a flashback to some of my abuse just last week and it shattered me. I was scared for my life, despite knowing I was in a safe space and wasn't in my childhood home anymore.

All victims are different and all of them handle their trauma differently but God dammit, it's like she turned it into a fucking game for her viewers! Her comment section is just a twisted version of "Guess Who" and honestly, it's shit behavior like this that makes it hard for others to believe someone who says they were abused without having to go into fucking detail and give physical proof. I think people should feel free to process their trauma in any way that helps them heal and move on, EXCEPT when it causes harm to others. Carrie needs to get help.

LylaJovana
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LylaJovana »

holly golightly wrote:Someone mentioned "It's Way Past My Ability to Handle Constructive Criticism" a few pages back and I'm still howling over that, so that gets my vote :rofl:
For what it's worth, I give this my vote too. :tu:
Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they?

coffelatte
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by coffelatte »

Heathers curtain call.
-english is not my first language-

ivegottarun23
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ivegottarun23 »

LylaJovana wrote:
holly golightly wrote:Someone mentioned "It's Way Past My Ability to Handle Constructive Criticism" a few pages back and I'm still howling over that, so that gets my vote :rofl:
This is my favourite!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:love2: Very dyselxic so please exuse poor sentence structure or just generally not making much sense :love2:

ejmc
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ejmc »

coffelatte wrote:

Heathers curtain call.
If I didnt 't know the story of Heathers, I'd assume Carrie was playing a nerdy, dorky character. Such an unflattering look; from the hair to the clothes.

Pinkapple32
Learner
Learner

Post by Pinkapple32 »

Carrie’s ‘acting’
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post by Guest »

I really hate how badly they are pushing Heathers to be some big cheesy romantic love story. They have completely missed the point.

Post by Guest »

LaFleche wrote:

I miss this girl so much.
I miss this hair so much

getinmymachine
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by getinmymachine »

PlumeriaBahar
Talker
Talker

Post by PlumeriaBahar »

Doughnutdemon12 wrote:I really hate how badly they are pushing Heathers to be some big cheesy romantic love story. They have completely missed the point.
YES. They have like basically no idea what the interpretation actually means. This is so weird, I adore the original movie, musical in its original version is already watered-down but this one's cheesiness is simply uncanny. This is no freaking high-school Titanic, it's a dark comedy about MURDERING PEOPLE.
And Sophie who says that she was so much of Martha because she was big and FREAKING DID EVERYTHING TO LOSE WEIGHT what is the very opposite of actual Martha.
I can't. No, interpretations don't work this way, you can't just take the show and alter it to your pink rainbowy vision. Or, actually, you can, but don't expect to be praised to the skies.

confusedfan
Stalker
Stalker

Post by confusedfan »

I mean the ironic thing about this entire post and site to be honest is that "its way past my paycheck to greet my fans" well yes in some respects it is. No actor or actress after a show is obligated by any job contract to do stage door and meet fans so yes it is past her paycheck the fact that she does it. But funnily the poor girl also does book signings and meet and greets and her youtube videos and instagram live and question and answer sessions. I don't fully understand what else you are expecting from someone. I'm guessing you want to meet her due to the fact that you're annoyed that you haven't and have therefore taken to this to disgustingly destroy someone who does so much for charity, tries so hard to please everyone and finds herself constantly having to justify her actions at every turn due to ignorant people having a problem with it.

With regards to criticism, I'm guessing the majority of the people commenting on this are not in the musical theatre industry and therefore have never experienced what its like to be part of a show (I said guessing i don't care if you have, in fact if you have thats worse). Every performer is used to taking CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and taking it on board and we know as performers audiences will come and go and will all have ideas on what they liked and disliked. This is fine and Carrie has never disputed that you do not have this right. What she has disputed is unkind and psychologically damaging comments about weight, appearances and personal attacks which is nothing to do with her or the casts performances. Casting directors make decisions about the musical and that is where it ends. The actors have no say. If they see you in the role that is the end of the discussion no matter what they look like. Commenting on peoples weight and how they don't look like the film Veronica is completely bizarre to me. For example if they had chosen a black veronica would you have the same issue? For me its the exact same. A human is a human, an actor is an actor and talent is talent that gets you roles no matter of weight, gender, race or previous owners of said part. And to even comment that her relationship with an Artistic Director is the reason she got a role is pathetic. Everybody in the industry is extra, friendly and theatrical and thats all that is happening in that video.

The gift situation that was commented on at the beginning of this thread. The reason she decided to do this was because there was no way of her being able to take every gift with her whilst on tour. The amount of storage which you get on a tour for your stuff is minimal and she was therefore having to leave things which is one very sad, a waste of money and upsetting for Carrie as she values her fans gifts. Therefore allowing her fans to contribute to future projects or to charities was a way of fixing this and they would then gain something from carrie like a thank you video which is lovely. To say she doesn't need to money and whatever, I think you are under fake pretence over how much musical theatre performers earn and how much of that she would be able to put towards future projects for one and likewise if you don't like it, DONT DO IT AND DONT COMMENT. There is no need. There is absolutely nothing wrong with what she has suggested. Fans are still able to send gifts but again Carrie being transparent has just said just be aware I may not be able to take everything with me.

The reason I have written this is because I am fan of Carrie but most of all I'm a professional musical theatre performer and I genuinely empathise with her with a lot of the issues she faces with the public. None of you can ever understand the pressure of a show and the amount of energy each show takes (Please do not comment back to this; "This is your job" "You get paid for it" I'm aware thank you). There is no need for the genuine amount of hate you seem to have for Carrie; my solution is simple. Block her. Don't watch her videos, don't have her on social media and therefore you are no longer affected. Finally I just want to comment on the "She's in the public eye" comments. Just because someone is in the public eye does not mean they are not human and therefore are presented as someone that we can abuse and bully. Carrie is not perfect but you show the person that is and I know for a fact the people making the types of comments on this are not perfect due to the vile nature of the comments. I pray none of you ever have to read a thread like this about yourself and I hope reading this brings you great shame.

steviereverb
Stalker
Stalker

Post by steviereverb »

confusedfan wrote:I mean the ironic thing about this entire post and site to be honest is that "its way past my paycheck to greet my fans" well yes in some respects it is. No actor or actress after a show is obligated by any job contract to do stage door and meet fans so yes it is past her paycheck the fact that she does it. But funnily the poor girl also does book signings and meet and greets and her youtube videos and instagram live and question and answer sessions. I don't fully understand what else you are expecting from someone. I'm guessing you want to meet her due to the fact that you're annoyed that you haven't and have therefore taken to this to disgustingly destroy someone who does so much for charity, tries so hard to please everyone and finds herself constantly having to justify her actions at every turn due to ignorant people having a problem with it.

With regards to criticism, I'm guessing the majority of the people commenting on this are not in the musical theatre industry and therefore have never experienced what its like to be part of a show (I said guessing i don't care if you have, in fact if you have thats worse). Every performer is used to taking CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and taking it on board and we know as performers audiences will come and go and will all have ideas on what they liked and disliked. This is fine and Carrie has never disputed that you do not have this right. What she has disputed is unkind and psychologically damaging comments about weight, appearances and personal attacks which is nothing to do with her or the casts performances. Casting directors make decisions about the musical and that is where it ends. The actors have no say. If they see you in the role that is the end of the discussion no matter what they look like. Commenting on peoples weight and how they don't look like the film Veronica is completely bizarre to me. For example if they had chosen a black veronica would you have the same issue? For me its the exact same. A human is a human, an actor is an actor and talent is talent that gets you roles no matter of weight, gender, race or previous owners of said part. And to even comment that her relationship with an Artistic Director is the reason she got a role is pathetic. Everybody in the industry is extra, friendly and theatrical and thats all that is happening in that video.

The gift situation that was commented on at the beginning of this thread. The reason she decided to do this was because there was no way of her being able to take every gift with her whilst on tour. The amount of storage which you get on a tour for your stuff is minimal and she was therefore having to leave things which is one very sad, a waste of money and upsetting for Carrie as she values her fans gifts. Therefore allowing her fans to contribute to future projects or to charities was a way of fixing this and they would then gain something from carrie like a thank you video which is lovely. To say she doesn't need to money and whatever, I think you are under fake pretence over how much musical theatre performers earn and how much of that she would be able to put towards future projects for one and likewise if you don't like it, DONT DO IT AND DONT COMMENT. There is no need. There is absolutely nothing wrong with what she has suggested. Fans are still able to send gifts but again Carrie being transparent has just said just be aware I may not be able to take everything with me.

The reason I have written this is because I am fan of Carrie but most of all I'm a professional musical theatre performer and I genuinely empathise with her with a lot of the issues she faces with the public. None of you can ever understand the pressure of a show and the amount of energy each show takes (Please do not comment back to this; "This is your job" "You get paid for it" I'm aware thank you). There is no need for the genuine amount of hate you seem to have for Carrie; my solution is simple. Block her. Don't watch her videos, don't have her on social media and therefore you are no longer affected. Finally I just want to comment on the "She's in the public eye" comments. Just because someone is in the public eye does not mean they are not human and therefore are presented as someone that we can abuse and bully. Carrie is not perfect but you show the person that is and I know for a fact the people making the types of comments on this are not perfect due to the vile nature of the comments. I pray none of you ever have to read a thread like this about yourself and I hope reading this brings you great shame.

lol alright Carrie

fionasunset
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by fionasunset »

confusedfan wrote:I mean the ironic thing about this entire post and site to be honest is that "its way past my paycheck to greet my fans" well yes in some respects it is. No actor or actress after a show is obligated by any job contract to do stage door and meet fans so yes it is past her paycheck the fact that she does it. But funnily the poor girl also does book signings and meet and greets and her youtube videos and instagram live and question and answer sessions. I don't fully understand what else you are expecting from someone. I'm guessing you want to meet her due to the fact that you're annoyed that you haven't and have therefore taken to this to disgustingly destroy someone who does so much for charity, tries so hard to please everyone and finds herself constantly having to justify her actions at every turn due to ignorant people having a problem with it.

This is guru gossip. If you dont like it, dont read it and therefore you are not affected.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Return to “Carrie Hope Fletcher”